User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:30   #1
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So 1up

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Last round there was the ideal world where you guys only wanted 66 members ( 2/3 of the maximum).
Atm I see 72 members + recruitment is kinda open, what is happening?

You guys scared that u are gonna lose this round or any other marvelous idea behind it?
I thought this was a valid question, so I decided to repost it on behalf of the user.

Any spamming like in the previous thread will be an instant ban.
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:38   #2
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Re: So 1up

Yes, yes there is*

*There is a huge conspriacy

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:41   #3
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

I honestly doubt you are going to get the kind of answer you are looking for from that question...if any answer at all from anyone who matters.
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:41   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If your strategy is to post gibberish, i'm going to ban you anyway.
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:43   #5
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

From what I know, none of our HC has made any public statement about any of these issues before the current round. And with the anouncement of not aiming for the win last round, Id say that us being scared of losing is a bit of a riddiculus claim this round aswell.

[Disclaimer: These are my views, and my views only]

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:52   #6
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Why is 1up recruitment policy a valid question? Can I start a thread about every other alliance`s recruitment policy? Do you want to know why its open? In what form, way or shape? Maybe its a trap. Its not really open, its just another painted open door on the wall. Yes that must be it.
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:53   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
From what I know, none of our HC has made any public statement about any of these issues before the current round. And with the anouncement of not aiming for the win last round, Id say that us being scared of losing is a bit of a riddiculus claim this round aswell.

[Disclaimer: These are my views, and my views only]
Problem is imo, 1up has everything to lose and nothing to gain. That sounds harsh but well, you've won 2/2 and you can only achieve the "same" or let your efficiency ratio drop

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:54   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Last round there was the ideal world where you guys only wanted 66 members ( 2/3 of the maximum).
Ideal? How so?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:56   #9
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Problem is imo, 1up has everything to lose and nothing to gain. That sounds harsh but well, you've won 2/2 and you can only achieve the "same" or let your efficiency ratio drop
There is a slight chance, however, that we dont see anything but #1 as a loss.

[Disclaimer: Still me talking]

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 22:57   #10
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

The ideal world included ideas such as no blocking, an alliance standing alone on the foundation of its own merits. Certain alliances have decided that their merits are insufficient to stand against 1up and are going to play to a different set of rules.

Also, 72 members..... an increase of 6, stop the press! Clearly this is a major issue. I don't remember Sid or any other HC at any point saying "We will never go above 66/67 members".

In the end, it is not a major increase, and I don't think it shows anything such as running scared. We have proved 2 rounds in a row that we don't formulate policy based on fear. If so, why would we have acted the way we did last round? The victory last round surprised us more than anybody. We have proved we don't submit to fear, and we play the game in our own style. This doesn't mean that we refuse to let other peoples styles of play influence our own.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:01   #11
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Sorry Kj, but this is a load of rubbish. As far as I am concerned, 1up has nothing to lose and everything to win. We want to have fun, that is the main thing we are doing. I would much rather lose a round than win by a country mile with no competition. The harder the battle becomes, the more we 'win' in my view. If the competition reaches a level where it can really challenge us, and the round is very visciously fought, then as far as I am concerned, things have improved.
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:08   #12
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Official HC responses:

Yes, we are the next blue tuba. 800 here we come!!!

(hi lokken... sarcasim is a valid form of arguement)
Hyperbole is not sarcasm.
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:12   #13
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
And you need a life

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:17   #14
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Sorry Kj, but this is a load of rubbish. As far as I am concerned, 1up has nothing to lose and everything to win. We want to have fun, that is the main thing we are doing. I would much rather lose a round than win by a country mile with no competition. The harder the battle becomes, the more we 'win' in my view. If the competition reaches a level where it can really challenge us, and the round is very visciously fought, then as far as I am concerned, things have improved.
You didn't get my point Bashar. Fact is, every alliance plays for fun so using that arguement is rubbish aswell. And I'm not even talking about the content of the round or how it'll be played or anything, if I did I'd have said so in my post.

Fact is, you've got a 100% efficiency ratio. Fact is, you can only keep it that high by winning, anything less drags it down.

I was just formulating a simple fact, nothing more, nothing less.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:19   #15
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Last round was last round. Now is a new round and it's played under 'a different set of rules'.

I we follow your reasoning of 'being scared', I seriously wonder who must be more scared. The alliance that has 72 (!) members, or the 2 alliances with a combined membership of over 140 members, which exists out of 2 blocking alliances (oh wait, its just a 'NAP').
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:20   #16
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Theres been an accident. Jester's coords were just spammed in #planetarion #public #lch #nd #fang #dragons #wp (and #pack) #hr #nos and #idlerpg.

how the fk did that happen?!?!!
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:20   #17
Bashar
Idle Git

Lose the next 2 rounds and our efficiency would still be higher than any other alliance playing. Besides, winning all the time is not necessarily a good thing. You don't savour victory without sampling the taste of defeat. Losing would not be a tragedy (it wouldn't be ideal, but it would not be a tragedy).
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:26   #18
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Lose the next 2 rounds and our efficiency would still be higher than any other alliance playing. Besides, winning all the time is not necessarily a good thing. You don't savour victory without sampling the taste of defeat. Losing would not be a tragedy (it wouldn't be ideal, but it would not be a tragedy).
If exilition wins this round, it'll have a higher overall efficiency then 1up (1/1). And you don't need to teach me anything about the taste of defeat, I think we've all been there once or twice in our PA carreers.

I never said "not winning" would be a tragedy for you guys

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:35   #19
Bashar
Idle Git

But even if it does, til it wins next round, it won't have equalled 1ups record.
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:38   #20
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The ideal world included ideas such as no blocking, an alliance standing alone on the foundation of its own merits. Certain alliances have decided that their merits are insufficient to stand against 1up and are going to play to a different set of rules.
Now thats a classic propaganda post

At last, some1 has finally stuck their neck out and threw something at the masses \o/
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2005, 23:47   #21
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If exilition wins this round, it'll have a higher overall efficiency then 1up (1/1). And you don't need to teach me anything about the taste of defeat, I think we've all been there once or twice in our PA carreers.

I never said "not winning" would be a tragedy for you guys
They won't be remembering for breaking the monotonous politics. 1up was able to come in and shake the game up abit, it also in my personal belief has raised the standards of alliances (for those that seriously want to compete anyway) from the ones that existed just pre-before.

Hi btw

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 00:05   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
They won't be remembering for breaking the monotonous politics. 1up was able to come in and shake the game up abit, it also in my personal belief has raised the standards of alliances (for those that seriously want to compete anyway) from the ones that existed just pre-before.

Hi btw
I agree there, that 1up has boosted the quality of alliances overall. Infact, they are the example for alliances with less numbers and more quality. They've proven it's possible, so I'll give you that credit for sure.

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Apr 2005, 01:02   #23
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

tbh I dont see whats wrong with 1up recruiting.... or why people even have questions about it, I mean its not that weird isnt it..
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 01:10   #24
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I agree there, that 1up has boosted the quality of alliances overall. Infact, they are the example for alliances with less numbers and more quality. They've proven it's possible, so I'll give you that credit for sure.

They must have decreased the quality of other alliances for a bit after they poached the best members from the rest :/
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 01:49   #25
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
They must have decreased the quality of other alliances for a bit after they poached the best members from the rest :/
actually they brought a lot back from retirement too, and formed at a time many other alliances were breaking up

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 02:00   #26
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road

/me pets Kjeldoran
Allways the " political player " .. allways back tracking... maybe one day you will have your brain with you before you post , i fear your ability should you ever think before you post.

Much the same could be said for your planet btw
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 03:22   #27
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe they had to fit in some mistu peeps.
so don't worry.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 05:58   #28
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I thought this was a valid question, so I decided to repost it on behalf of the user.

Any spamming like in the previous thread will be an instant ban.
1up won last round with 66 members, exactly what is left to prove ?

Last edited by I am Idler; 7 Apr 2005 at 06:51.
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 08:43   #29
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm a little bit "out of the loop" (ha! me, out of the loop? never...) but weren't 1up just playing as kingmakers last round, and then sneaky sneaky jumped into 1st place?

That was the main reason they capped at 66 - so they could just help another alliance.

As no announcement has been made this round about being a kingmaker, I suppose we should assume that 1up are playing as a fully functional and totally operational Death Sta........ wait... alliance.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 09:32   #30
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
It's not about how 1up brought back quality players in this game no, it's about 1up setting an example and several other alliances improving greatly because they realize they need to be better when they compete with 1up.

And Anakin, I use my brains when I post. If you criticize what I wrote, atleast tell me where I was wrong and why, thx.

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Apr 2005, 11:22   #31
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
/me pets Kjeldoran
Allways the " political player " .. allways back tracking... maybe one day you will have your brain with you before you post , i fear your ability should you ever think before you post.

Much the same could be said for your planet btw
This is a much shitter post than any i've seen KJ make (recently)

Ontopic: I dont really think this tiny recruitment is that much of a deal. Its still early days yet people, and anything could happen.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 16:40   #32
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
1up won last round with 66 members, exactly what is left to prove ?

Bah.... so easy you forget your friends – as if they made it all by them self’s!??
I guess a couple of other alliances had a big part in 1up ending top spot, but sure take all the glory your self.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 17:07   #33
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Bah.... so easy you forget your friends – as if they made it all by them self’s!??
I guess a couple of other alliances had a big part in 1up ending top spot, but sure take all the glory your self.
And Im sure the opposition didnt do the exact same thing that you are implying.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 17:50   #34
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Atm I see 72 members + recruitment is kinda open, what is happening?

You guys scared that u are gonna lose this round or any other marvelous idea behind it?
Margin of error. You want to give yourself that extra shock line when you fall off a cliff so you dont break your back. If an alliance expels and/or loses at an average of 6-8 players by the end of a round, then 1up is still on the dot.

Anything can happen in 2000 ticks.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh

Last edited by demiGOD; 7 Apr 2005 at 17:55.
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 18:19   #35
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
but weren't 1up just playing as kingmakers last round, and then sneaky sneaky jumped into 1st place?
Yes, that was the goal. Winning was not however 'sneaky sneaky' - it just happened, 1up was shocked that it happened. A few weeks before the end, we were on a stormer, and we were finding it really easy to roid the other alliances, and there was a general sense of "If this carries on, we might end up winning, but surely the opposition won't let that happen". When we actually won, we couldn't quite believe it. I don't think the win was planned, or believed to be possible, it is one of those things that 'just happened'.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 18:23   #36
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Of course they did. 1up winning was caused by a series of reasons:

1. The high quality and dedication of 1up.
2. Other alliances choosing us as best option once they were out of the equation.
3. Politics.
4. Tactics of enemy alliances.

All these things contributed. I think the 4th one is probably the main contributor, as had the tactics been better suited to the situation, it should have been easy to stop 1up winning.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 20:31   #37
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Of course they did. 1up winning was caused by a series of reasons:

1. The high quality and dedication of 1up.
2. Other alliances choosing us as best option once they were out of the equation.
3. Politics.
4. Tactics of enemy alliances.

All these things contributed. I think the 4th one is probably the main contributor, as had the tactics been better suited to the situation, it should have been easy to stop 1up winning.

Excellent post if I may say so.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 20:32   #38
MotoX
Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
And Im sure the opposition didnt do the exact same thing that you are implying.

Not that Excellent post though.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 20:58   #39
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I really dont see the problem here with ppl's attitude towards 1up.
So they recruited 5 members and might recruit more doesnt mean there suddenly scared just means they have couped up 5 more efficient planetarion players to compete against the ever increasing number of decent players starting to appear in Planetarion.

The playerbase is a bit smaller this round at the begining but i can already feel the competion brewing.
And I know its only the start of a new round but i have already seen and heard of as many as 5 waves on each galaxy on each planet from different alliances joining up for the slaughter.

i dont think there scared at all i just think there planning.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 21:17   #40
Bashar
Idle Git

Will people who neg rep please at least have the courtesy to provide a reason, even if you don't want to give your nick. Otherwise you just look like a bitter arse hole who disagrees and can't stand someone having a different viewpoint to you.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 23:01   #41
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

I still don't think this thread is very valid.
1up's political agenda is theirs and their own, no one's oppinions matter but their's.
All this repetitive "1up IS SCARED, THEY HAVE 5 (or 6) NEW MEMBERS" is complete rubbish, there is a cap at 100, not at 66, 67, or whatever.
1up may actually play kingmakers this round, never know.
There is a good alliance base out there that can make a push for #1, and that's the fun of PA.

The fact that this kind of post coming from me should say a bit, I'm (imo) one of the biggest anti-1up guys around, and I understand their side of things this time ... (just wait till they start winning )
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 23:11   #42
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
All this repetitive "1up IS SCARED, THEY HAVE 5 (or 6) NEW MEMBERS" is complete rubbish, there is a cap at 100, not at 66, 67, or whatever.)
Indeed. I'm sure other alliances would rather win in a fight when 1up were playing to their true capacity, rather than giving themselves a handicap

Right?
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 23:11   #43
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
(just wait till they start winning )
I am honoured that you have faith in us.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 23:33   #44
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Indeed. I'm sure other alliances would rather win in a fight when 1up were playing to their true capacity, rather than giving themselves a handicap

Right?
Hell yes.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 00:24   #45
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Will people who neg rep please at least have the courtesy to provide a reason, even if you don't want to give your nick. Otherwise you just look like a bitter arse hole who disagrees and can't stand someone having a different viewpoint to you.
Quit being shit.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 00:37   #46
MotoX
Stolen

The thing is that either 1up or any other alliances will ever win this game without help from some partners.
66 or 100 members’ doesn’t really matter, from PA history we know that politics plays a major part in the outcome of the round and since more and more PA player leaves this game partners/politics will increase in importance.

Last round LCH made some unlucky choices and ND came along helping 1up finalize the win (we all knows this but still the history says 1up won the round, but would they have without help from numerous friendly alliances? And does history remembers those friendly alliances that helped 1up to the top? The answer would be no.).

Legion, Xan, Fury, all winners but every one of them had friends to lean on and fleets to use.
A good example is Virus who “someone” kept in his pocket for numerous of rounds but will Virus be recognized as a winner? Nah.. even tho they were as much winners as Fury.

I ask, why all those hard fighting alliances don’t demand some kind of recognition for all the hard work they do for obviously nothing in return? They might grab a second place or some where along side the other “no one remembers” alliances in top 10.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 00:38   #47
Banned
Banned

Quote:
TLegion, Xan, Fury, all winners but every one of them had friends to lean on and fleets to use.
Concordium
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 00:52   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
A good example is Virus who “someone” kept in his pocket for numerous of rounds but will Virus be recognized as a winner? Nah.. even tho they were as much winners as Fury.
I'm sorry but what? There is a staggeringly large difference between "finishing on the winning side" and "being the best alliance".
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 01:19   #49
MotoX
Stolen

Ofc there is, I would be the first one to acknowledge that Legion, Fury etc were outstanding in many aspects as PA alliances but nevertheless they couldn’t reach those victories without hard working friendly alliances that never get any credits for doing just that, supporting/playing along to get those high profiled alliances on the wining table.
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 01:27   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Obviously but to say that virus were "as much winners as fury" is fairly daft and statistically incorrect.