User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 00:53   #1
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
AD Posters

How do you categorize each other? Also how do you feel each poster's alliance correlates to his level of posting quality & style. What are your own motivations to post here? Why do you post as you do?

To initiatilize proceedings, answers to my own questions in my point of view; I categorize you all as nearly all, staunch supporters of yourselves who nearly always, display bias to your own "side", though understandable dissolves much chance of a proper debate due to there always being 2 sides exaggerated in every argument, ie: Rumad & Focht's old "fights" about r7.
I believe the correlation between alliances & posting quality is limited, style depends heavily on the poster itself, same with quality but however the amount of posts posted is heavily dependant on what alliance, this is represented with how much say, 1up members/supporters post as compared to LCH. Moving on, my own motivations to posting here on AD, is either, a pathetic form of entertaining myself when I have nothing else to do :/ or to defend something (generally 1up) when wronged unfairly. I post as I do (in a usual troll-manner) because I am posting generally to serve myself (hence my motivation to entertain myself occasionally is relevant here) therefore, bothering to always post constructively without imposing some cheap-ass attempt at satire, wit orso, as I do, would quite prominently fail in achieving what I wanted to. Therefore, instead of putting effort in trying to "out-think" others via "omg lol propaganda on ad", I stick to using instinctive wit(or the lack of sometimes) to accomplish my goals, whether they be to amuse, to sidetrack a certain focus point or to generally poke fun or put down someone/thing.

And you?

Inspired by the staunch defence by the LCH-ers of Judge getting banned & apparent belief that he actually posted good posts occasionally too ! (which I don't understand, as he's been crap, pretty much always:/.)
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 00:56   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: AD Posters

I'm a rockstar baby.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 01:02   #3
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I never post to entertain myself, the way jerome described. I post to react on something, in my own biassed way. I realize little pple agree with me on most things but that doesn't bother me at all. I like a good discussion.

What I don't like is pple posting purely to troll and to entertain themselves by hoping to read the reactions of those they troll. I also detest pple who insult because clearly words are too much for them so they resort to the use of insults and one-liners with no meaning.

Sadly, far to much pple are like that

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 01:09   #4
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

I dont post alot if I do its not an attempt to persuade anyone because basically thats impossible. Its basically for fun sake or a (failing) attempt to make ppl realize how silly they make themselves look.

atm Im wondering why I cba to post this but it might have sumthing to do with boredom because of fkin 20min ticks in something they dare refer to as havoc.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 01:14   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

You & me both, MiX
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 01:41   #6
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I post because Its FUN!
The truth though, I initially never hardly ever posted. My origianl account for forums was DEEN, from 2003 sometime. I created "Chika" as a troll account and somehow the nick carried o everything else. I started to post mainly because, (although people gripe about how AD posters are bad and trolls,) there is a subtle AD posters code. Some of you just because you have old accounts and make long posts act like you are PA gods or Forums "1337tor". I say you are nay. And any bum who posts in suck a manner to where they feel they are more important than others, when i get the chance I try to side swipe them. frustrate them etc. So far I have been successful, but I have to admit that I did not win the Cochese bit. Due to the fact that he has a little troll in him also.
What I thnk of others?
I think he majority of the posters are ALL bias. There are a select few that actually make sense and post unbiased posts, but they post so infrequently it makes them biased because they only post when they think they know the most on something. I do like to read certain bits by certain peeps due to the wittyness??, or thier obvious "I know it" attitude. Like Jerome` (recently 1 liner central though so kind of wank last few weeks) Hicks \o/ cause he makes you guys look silly, KJ, because I really can't pinpoint his motivation for posting, so he comes off as comedy. there are a few others but those guys stand out in my head atm. Oh, oh, and Syn_Sid because he only posts when he feels he knows the absolute ALL about a topic, or to post some 1956 humor bit that only old people understand.
I do tend to try and post serious sometimes, when everyone else seems to be trying also. But for the most part when i see some old fart posting way to serious, (Or I think I know more than the majority of the posters know subnote: don't we all) I try to entertain myself.
And If i could have said it all in 1 line. Normally when I post I am at work. I am in tokoyo TZ thingy, so if you have something stupid to say between 0900-1500 M-F MY time, SHUTUP!!!
Thanks.
Happy new years.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 01:45   #7
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

im the guy who'd pop a joke when everyone else wants to kill each other.. also usually reacts to the very sick politics Pa's got (which is good for the game btw) and reacted to 2 past posts that were false claims about veneratio and will react to any false claims about any alliance where of course, based on facts thats been transmitted (somehow) to my radars, and generally, i get a lot amused by how AD posters talk shit to each other in very intelligent, quite articulated ways.. its like watching that movie "the matrix"

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 02:06   #8
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

I post to entertain myself, to provoke others, to defend myself and my alliance against meaningless propaganda and lies, and ofcourse to inflict those same meaningless lies and propaganda upon other alliances.

And ofcourse I post because everyone loves my presence and cant wait to read my next brilliant post!

-TheRat

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 02:14   #9
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
When I read posts, I generally categorize into 4 groups.

1) my posts. People think I'm a troll, but I always post my own opinions.
2) average 1up post. Again, people think its a troll, I normally think they're telling the truth.
3) average Kj post. Retarded post. he thinks he's posting reality, everyone else thinks he's talking shit. Most people ignore his 18 paragraph posts
4) aveage HR post. Complete bollocks. Everyone feels ashamed on behalf of HR for their retarded members. If only they could post on AD, they might gain an alliances respect. One Day. Maybe.
You're so full of yourself really. I haven't read a half decent post of you EVER on AD. I don't anyone has tbh. Who are you to judge my posting style? Who are you to talk about achievements, being the goeroe of the alliance longest around yet NEVER done anything slightly noticable (aside from this round which still hardly is impressive) ...

Yet you feel arrogant enough to judge me or HR. Funny how you value your posts as good AND the 1up posts aswell but all the rest is shit (esp mine and HR's).

Sid, you using toilet paper or you using The_Fish to wipe your ass with? Get a life, stop sucking up to 1up and stop pretending ND is even remotely quality (yes that's harsh, and it's as harsh as you judge me) and stop pretending that you'll ever do something decent either.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2004, 02:19   #10
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
You're so full of yourself really. I haven't read a half decent post of you EVER on AD. I don't anyone has tbh.
oh... the irony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Sid, you using toilet paper or you using The_Fish to wipe your ass with?
clearly the words of a man full of insight, restraint, and valuable contributions.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 02:37   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
oh... the irony.

clearly the words of a man full of insight, restraint, and valuable contributions.
As much as Kj has talked crap many a time, he just made a perfectly valid post, with pretty decent reasoning. I have no problem with arguments if people reasonably back them up. He's made fair criticism in my view, as long as the argument doesn't get too out of control.

Your response was a simple flame. Way to go

I try not to classify users (although I find it very difficult, I must admit, and judge each post for its content), for the record.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 05:01   #12
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
1) my posts. People think I'm a troll, but I always post my own opinions.
4) aveage HR post. Complete bollocks. Everyone feels ashamed on behalf of HR for their retarded members. If only they could post on AD, they might gain an alliances respect. One Day. Maybe.
Right, thats sorted - Fish is a troll.

As for the point, I feel that the "loudest" posters from most alliances tend to define opinions of all that alliances posters. For instance, Fish/Zhukov/Angryduck seem to indicate strongly that ND are just a bunch of trolls, the 1up posters tend to enjoy flaming anything they see as idiocy, the HR/ex-FAnG posters seem to bite baited hooks constantly, and the rest just sort of fade into the background.
All these alliances have their exceptions - for instance, ND have several regular posters - lokken for example - who generally don't troll (too much).

Bias itself isn't really a problem. The majority of posters will lean towards supporting their own alliance-mates rather than taking the opposite side, and that's understandable. It wouldn't really be alliance discussions without that to be honest.

On a side point - and you'll know exactly what I mean jerome : AD here sure beats hell out of a certain other space-based game forum.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 08:27   #13
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

When posting on AD it's hard to be objective. I try to be though. I.m.o. the 1up posters are making themselves rediculous. I lost all respect I had for them last round already. (We have no NAPs.) Just trolling whoever has a different opinion, mixing lies and half truths. In this respect I value alliances like LCH and VsN who choose to rather not post than let their members post such nonsense.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 09:31   #14
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
When posting on AD it's hard to be objective. I try to be though. I.m.o. the 1up posters are making themselves rediculous. I lost all respect I had for them last round already. (We have no NAPs.) Just trolling whoever has a different opinion, mixing lies and half truths. In this respect I value alliances like LCH and VsN who choose to rather not post than let their members post such nonsense.
I never expect anyone to be objective, thats an impossible wish. I do, however, expect people to apply a certain dosage of common sense. And I cant see why 1up posters are worse than the average poster, and to be totaly honest, your own alliance doesnt have the best "ad-rep".

:xmas:

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 09:51   #15
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

My post was clearly a wind up and just trolling. Can you not see the irony in me saying I'm not a troll then slagging off Kj and HR?

if you troll again, you'll be banned - Lok

Some people take this forum too seriously.

Last edited by lokken; 27 Dec 2004 at 14:06.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 12:05   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
My post was clearly a wind up and just trolling. Can you not see the irony in me saying I'm not a troll then slagging off Kj and HR?

That imo is just a lame excuse too late. If you only post to wind pple up then don't bother posting at all. I'm not taking this forum any serious but nonetheless, if you getting slagged off by such a post with little meaning then yes, I find that highly annoying and yes then you succeeded in winding me up.

My question to you however, what's the fun in winding pple up? I mean, sure it's fun to laugh for what 2-3 seconds (max) and then? Don't you enjoy a decent convo more, with both opinions backed up with arguements, without flames or attempts to simply piss someone off?

But if you and/or others value those 2-3 seconds higher then other stuff, then I guess that's your fair right but don't expect me to ever grand you the least respect cause THAT, you'll never get from me or pple who post for the discussions and not for the trolling.

to Tis: don't make your "I hate Kj with all I have" cloud your common sence. You're the prototype of the 1-liner troll who's obsessed with me. Really, I'm NOT such an interesting person to get all your attention.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2004, 12:45   #17
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

Alliance Discussions
This forum is for serious discussions between/about the various alliances in Planetarion
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 12:48   #18
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I would like to think I post from an informed position, and very rarely troll (although sometimes it just cant be helped )

I am not always right, but I post what I thinkis right, and am probably one of the most unbiased posters here (I quite often go against my alliance, bothe here, and on irc).

That said, I am aware that others don't have the same opinion of me, and I would be interested to see what other people think.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:09   #19
Dreadnought FTW
Somewhere in Curse

Dreadnought FTW has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:11   #20
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought FTW
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:21   #21
jerome

Quote:
As I said elsewhere, irony really is making it's present felt during these holidays.

Moving on, I know english may or may not be your mother tongue, or your strongest language, but how many times do we have to say it before you understand it, goddamnit, we, as in 1up, did not have any NAP's with any other alliances during r11 at any point, however we did have PLANETARY NAP's like ANY alliance with ANY SENSE would have had due to our HC's possessing this rarity they call "common sense". If you had read Sid's initial post announcing 1up's entrance & also the proposal of a block-free round you will have seen, he had not prohibited planetary naps only alliance-wide. Neverndingly, repeating this to some of you who apparently possess comprehensive skills of english, which rank next to a chimp, is really great, oh so exciting and wondrous, ranks real high, close to the time I was spending my day watching paint dry!

Onto the subject of "serious discussion" in AD, the biggest problem of this is, even though there are thorough and very able posters who can contribute very well to discussions ie: JBG, Lokken, Zhil, Kj, alch, focht etcetc, they are extremely outweighed unfortunately, by the population of generic annoying idiots who surface AD, I find little point in trying to argue or discuss a point 100% seriously all the time, like I do defending 1up with various wrongings that they receive by people with no clue, ie: Gerbie, Judge etc, but the mere fact that after what MONTHS of posting the same thing and they are YET to have to get it through their apparently impregnable skulls, is a real demotivating factor in terms of posting "well", hence I personally, move onto a style invoking satire orso to firstly put the original point across but also include ascendingly harsh put-down, harshness dependant on the number of times I have already repeated the same point to the moron I'm replying to.

PS Shev, too true mate, too true.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:38   #22
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

omfg I still dont know what bias means

btw obviously jerome` is right, tho he could add alot of pro 1up/ND ppl to the Gerbie/Judge list and make a note that they DO have valuable posts every now and then. These valuable post are important because theyre usually the stuff noone else has the "guts?" to post.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:46   #23
jerome

Haha, irony that your saying that LCH/whatever guys have apparent guts (to post!) but no such thing ingame?

Also,

"bi·as
A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice."

Furthermore, the ND/1up tard list is obviously myself (occasionally), dreadnought, Tis(occasionally), The_Fish (occasionally), rest are fairly decent really, I guess. To be fair, I honestly cannot think of one good post from Gerbie, Judge MAYBE but his ratio is horrendous in-terms of flamebaiting.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:51   #24
MiX
Who cares?

The guys posting the "guts?" (note the ?) arent the the one that act like chickens ingame. Thx for the definition
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:53   #25
jerome

Barking dogs seldom bite goes the saying, though more often silence means more than anything else in PA.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 13:58   #26
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Furthermore, the ND/1up tard list is obviously myself (occasionally), dreadnought, Tis(occasionally), The_Fish (occasionally), rest are fairly decent really, I guess. To be fair, I honestly cannot think of one good post from Gerbie, Judge MAYBE but his ratio is horrendous in-terms of flamebaiting.
You could comfortably add Chika and Zhukov to that occasional list, and remove the occasionally from Fish. Would be about right after that. Doesn't mean some of it isn't fairly humerous though.

Oh, and Judge is worse than all of those listed.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 14:11   #27
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
You could comfortably add Chika and Zhukov to that occasional list, and remove the occasionally from Fish. Would be about right after that. Doesn't mean some of it isn't fairly humerous though.

Oh, and Judge is worse than all of those listed.
you could remove the "occassionally" behind The_fish and Tis, I'm still waiting to see their first non troll post in the last couple of weeks ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2004, 14:23   #28
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

its a good thing KJ qouted The_Fish' post before it was deleted again by The_Fish
- i laughed

I deleted it - Lok

[]LCH[] ..lets change history

Last edited by lokken; 27 Dec 2004 at 19:30.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 14:49   #29
jerome

One more point, who on AD are "popular"? as, talking with lokken yesterday, he implied there were actually "popular posters" to go with the unpopular ones. Why do you "like" a poster than "dislike", generally, this will be filled by biased answers by people "liking" posters from their own side though.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 15:24   #30
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

over the thumb rule:

-Everyone posts for his enjoyment (otherwise you would be quiet sad really)
-Everyone is biased towards his own opinion / side, otherwise he wouldnt post in the first place
-The times of "stupid easy manipulated masses" are over (decrease in playernumber and the long playtime of some oldtimers)

As a conclusion anyone denying one of the above is just selfdecepting himself.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by lokken; 27 Dec 2004 at 19:27.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 15:27   #31
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
One more point, who on AD are "popular"? as, talking with lokken yesterday, he implied there were actually "popular posters" to go with the unpopular ones. Why do you "like" a poster than "dislike", generally, this will be filled by biased answers by people "liking" posters from their own side though.

thats pretty much down to everyones personal pov.

For one you win the internet for someone else youre just a pr tard of the opposition.

See Judge as a recent example, apparently from the feedback he got from LCH he was popular while everyone else had only a weak smile for him and lokken characterized him as a troll and flamebaiter.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 15:47   #32
jerome

I can forsee AD r13 being much less "entertaining" and much less worth reading. Shame, AD here was getting to be such a nice comfort zone from my postings elsewhere.

Look up this thread during end of r13 & let's evaluate the posters oncemore to see how the new(returning) alliance's posters "perform".
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 16:22   #33
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I wasnt aware that I was so loved.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 16:23   #34
TheRat
Retired

Heh, I couldnt agree more jerome. AD was getting decent - now ministry returns.. Sad really.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 16:34   #35
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

I'm posting because I saw this whilst a bit bored at work and roiding MiX's galm8
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 17:50   #36
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
I can forsee AD r13 being much less "entertaining" and much less worth reading. Shame, AD here was getting to be such a nice comfort zone from my postings elsewhere.

Look up this thread during end of r13 & let's evaluate the posters oncemore to see how the new(returning) alliance's posters "perform".
I realy liked rnd 9 and have good hopes rnd 13 will be quite similar.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 19:32   #37
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Christ you people post some shite while i'm offline. I'm half-tempted to close this thread if I have any more problems with it.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 19:37   #38
jerome

Quote:
I realy liked rnd 9 and have good hopes rnd 13 will be quite similar.
Elaborate?
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 19:38   #39
Dreadnought FTW
Somewhere in Curse

Dreadnought FTW has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Judy Garland is the best musical aritist EVER.

Just after will young and george michael

oh and take that they were hot <3

Last edited by lokken; 27 Dec 2004 at 19:47.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 19:38   #40
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
As I said elsewhere, irony really is making it's present felt during these holidays.

Moving on, I know english may or may not be your mother tongue, or your strongest language, but how many times do we have to say it before you understand it, goddamnit, we, as in 1up, did not have any NAP's with any other alliances during r11 at any point, however we did have PLANETARY NAP's like ANY alliance with ANY SENSE would have had due to our HC's possessing this rarity they call "common sense". If you had read Sid's initial post announcing 1up's entrance & also the proposal of a block-free round you will have seen, he had not prohibited planetary naps only alliance-wide. Neverndingly, repeating this to some of you who apparently possess comprehensive skills of english, which rank next to a chimp, is really great, oh so exciting and wondrous, ranks real high, close to the time I was spending my day watching paint dry!

I read Sid's post. It talked about having no naps. No naps without any exceptions (planetary naps, galaxy naps, alliance naps, <fill in whatever you like>) being mentioned.

It's comparable to this round when you don't play to win but still do whatever it takes (blocking) to win.

edit: soz, this is off topic, but it's a direct reply to another post
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 20:31   #41
jerome

Quote:
I read Sid's post. It talked about having no naps. No naps without any exceptions (planetary naps, galaxy naps, alliance naps, <fill in whatever you like>) being mentioned.

It's comparable to this round when you don't play to win but still do whatever it takes (blocking) to win.

Now in a thread related to Posting in AD, isn't it oh so ironic that you make such a cute flamebait. If nearly every other posts of yours had already not proven you to be so ill-knowledged & incapable of comprehension of english I would have almost thought you were just trying an attempt of imposing some "wit". But, to oncemore, to explain "How PA works" or "Reading between the lines" or a simple lesson of "reading" in-general should HOPEFULLY prevent further (this is already the 5th or so time I have explained why, personally) misunderstandings or showcasing of idiocy. If you read the the text in the initial announcement made by Sid, which you can re-visit by clicking on this text, which is helpfully linked to it, you will hopefully re-read it to note, the CONTEXT*, in which he used the abbreviation "NAP", this quite heavily implies that he obviously does mean, Alliance-wide political relations - allying or nap's. I hope this is clear enough for you!

*context

The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.

Now, moving on chronologically to the next part of your bait, I address "but still do whatever it takes (blocking) to win". Now, did you truthfully post that actually believing what your posting or were you just trollfully flamebaiting? Neverthless, I shall explain why your wrong (yet again) in hopefully easily comprehensible terms, just as I'm quite unsure of your understanding of what actually took place this round. Please do check your intel (though I do note, you are/have been experiencing a drought of it) and clarify WHO blocked first, you will notice that very early in the round, I personally posted of the NAP between HR & LCH, oh how wrong I turned out to be especially what with my own planet+galaxy receiving neverending wavings for the better part of a whole ****ing month. Now, we move onto something people term as "common sense", It may have come across your mind once or twice that, though 1up were not looking to win, we weren't exactly going to just sit there and let the LCH&peon block kill us like sitting ducks, did you just expect us to let your mass-membersized block kill us one by one? Just because other HC's of other alliances lack some real thought in comprehension of the human psycheand PA politics etc. to forsee reactions & contemplate adaptions to situations, does not mean ours lack of the aforementioned factors either.

(PS This was a "bad" post I guess, in-terms that I did flame a bit excessively possibly, but jesus the poster I was replying to, is just displaying such ignorance, how can anyone be so oblivious. Though they do say ignorance is bliss)

Edit - fixed BBcode
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 20:33   #42
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

You're so blind it's sickening.

Do you actually play the same game as us? Or even have an ounce of common sense?

Sid stuck to his initial post, and considering quite alot of other HC's and players consider "planetary naps" to be different to alliance NAPs you're just going to -have- to accept that. 1up never said it would hit everyone in their own galaxies. You're just attempting to devilize an alliance based on something very very remote. No (competent/remotely successful) alliance would NOT given their galaxies starting NAPs, as it forms a rough basis for targetting early on. When hostile planets appear, they're treated as hostile and so lose their NAP status. It's not remotely like an Alliance Scale NAP, except for the "Not hit it" aspect.

As for this round, it really wasn't our fault for winning. Our members put in the hard work and dedication to pull it off. None of us expected to win, we were told and believed that we would just be putting up a good fight to whoever was #1 and that we did. You can moan all you like about how 'blocks' formed and whatnot, but in the end - we didn't have the blocks from rounds past which stagnated the round after only a week (or in a few cases a few days). It was a well fought and close round, and you're showing yourself as bitter (and I would say insanely stupid) to even question that. Don't blame us for LCH's critical switching of targetting.

So really, for my sake, just be quiet with your blatant idiocy.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 21:01   #43
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Now in a thread related to Posting in AD, isn't it oh so ironic that you make such a cute flamebait. If nearly every other posts of yours had already not proven you to be so ill-knowledged & incapable of comprehension of english I would have almost thought you were just trying an attempt of imposing some "wit". But, to oncemore, to explain "How PA works" or "Reading between the lines" or a simple lesson of "reading" in-general should HOPEFULLY prevent further (this is already the 5th or so time I have explained why, personally) misunderstandings or showcasing of idiocy. If you read the the text in the initial announcement made by Sid, which you can re-visit by clicking on this text, which is helpfully linked to it, you will hopefully re-read it to note, the CONTEXT*, in which he used the abbreviation "NAP", this quite heavily implies that he obviously does mean, Alliance-wide political relations - allying or nap's. I hope this is clear enough for you!

*context

The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
I can read between the lines and understand what he meant. But he aparantly said something differenly than he meant.
Quote:
Now, moving on chronologically to the next part of your bait, I address "but still do whatever it takes (blocking) to win". Now, did you truthfully post that actually believing what your posting or were you just trollfully flamebaiting? Neverthless, I shall explain why your wrong (yet again) in hopefully easily comprehensible terms, just as I'm quite unsure of your understanding of what actually took place this round. Please do check your intel (though I do note, you are/have been experiencing a drought of it) and clarify WHO blocked first, you will notice that very early in the round, I personally posted of the NAP between HR & LCH, oh how wrong I turned out to be especially what with my own planet+galaxy receiving neverending wavings for the better part of a whole ****ing month. Now, we move onto something people term as "common sense", It may have come across your mind once or twice that, though 1up were not looking to win, we weren't exactly going to just sit there and let the LCH&peon block kill us like sitting ducks, did you just expect us to let your mass-membersized block kill us one by one? Just because other HC's of other alliances lack some real thought in comprehension of the human psycheand PA politics etc. to forsee reactions & contemplate adaptions to situations, does not mean ours lack of the aforementioned factors either.

(PS This was a "bad" post I guess, in-terms that I did flame a bit excessively possibly, but jesus the poster I was replying to, is just displaying such ignorance, how can anyone be so oblivious. Though they do say ignorance is bliss)

Edit - fixed BBcode
I didn't say 1up was first to block.
It's a wargame. You should have thought sooner that if you don't want to get killed you have to win and defeat the others. Did you expect to not win and not get killed?
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 21:10   #44
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Being as I haven't been mentioned I can only assume all my posts are perfect

I don't think anyone drives me to distraction quite like Gerbie - I find myself constantly amazed by the skewed vision he has of so many obvious things.

His ability to read into absolutely everything and make 1up/Fury to be the evil bad guys has even the most zealoted conspiricy theorists doubting thier ability to see a hidden agenda.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 21:16   #45
jerome

Quote:
I can read between the lines and understand what he meant. But he aparantly said something differenly than he meant.
Not really, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbie
I didn't say 1up was first to block.
what the hell are you whining about then? the fact that we actually reacted to others blocking? what the ****?

Quote:
It's a wargame. You should have thought sooner that if you don't want to get killed you have to win and defeat the others. Did you expect to not win and not get killed?
Oh my, my comprehension skills have failed me please put it in terms so that even a simpleton like myself can understand what is your actual point, or are you blabbering nonsense as I suspect ?
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 21:35   #46
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Being as I haven't been mentioned I can only assume all my posts are perfect

I don't think anyone drives me to distraction quite like Gerbie - I find myself constantly amazed by the skewed vision he has of so many obvious things.

His ability to read into absolutely everything and make 1up/Fury to be the evil bad guys has even the most zealoted conspiricy theorists doubting thier ability to see a hidden agenda.
I think you're a pretty good poster, mostly posting stuff well argumented and hardly flaming or trolling

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Dec 2004, 21:54   #47
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
clarify WHO blocked first, you will notice that very early in the round, I personally posted of the NAP between HR & LCH, oh how wrong I turned out to be especially what with my own planet+galaxy receiving neverending wavings for the better part of a whole ****ing month.
O M G - You've said that so often jerome, its as if you really fooking believe it \o/

Back to topic...

Usually i just replied from a personal pov but for the first time ever (amazingly since the HR-ND war started), i've posted from a mainly defensive pov, Why? Because i try to play this game as honest and genuine as i can and post similary on AD. So when i saw the countless propaganda & baiting (aimed towards HR), i replied with how things really are.

Unfortunately, the mentality of a select group (who have been picked out in previous posts here), is to side-step the counter-arguement and just troll!

Take jeromes traditional "R12 HR-LCH nap" theme, even though HR HC denied it as total lies on numerous occassions (which was from our pov, the closest you would get as an "official statement"), this wasnt good enough.

So taking a leaf out of LChers book, its likely R13 ADs will rarely have posts from the likes of myself (yey i hear you scream!), certainly not in response to those "select" group of posters.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 21:58   #48
jerome

Trust me, zo0f has been the only plus in HR's book, posters-wise.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 22:16   #49
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Holy shit, this thread is retarded
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 22:19   #50
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Holy shit, this thread is retarded
You don't get to see the posts i've deleted