User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Dec 2004, 20:27   #51
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: omg lol

shall i add [sarcasm] tags next time? :D
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 20:42   #52
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villeh
That 2nd option will never happen, ND will never turn on 1up, without 1up they can't possibly win! And I doubt they have the balls, they will have plenty reasons/excuses not too, so naaaah, ND will be the 1up puppets for the remainding of this round, anyone saying otherwise, I look forward to be proved wrong...
How is an alliance doing what is in its own best interest being a puppet ? You say yourself the only way they can win is if they use 1up as catapult to number 1. ND has shown time and time again they won't be anyone controlled by anyone nor will they be anyone’s puppet, heck going way back, anyone remember in Round 6 that ND BC giving it pretty much all Fury/Legion command in #wc on Legion IRC after we told him FoS were banned from picking channels ? or looking more recently ND telling 1up to **** off last round as they wouldn’t be forced into playing solo and that if they wanted to ally anyone they would ? One thing you can't accuse ND of is being puppets if they were it would let down everyone who has slogged their guts out in the past 5 years for them.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 20:49   #53
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

If 1up can't win, what are they doing at the #1 spot. If i'm alliance 3 till 6, and I know that I can't get #1 anymore, why would I change my plan in roiding like I do now? I mean, roids at 1up, ain't the easiest one.
Indeed that ain't the way it should go, but for some alliance it's a far better option then trying to convince there members in getting hard roids at 1up's place (Again not talking about what should be done).

So if the round continues as it is. 1up will keep in there seat, and win without to much trouble. If you can't see this, you are kinda blind.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 21:54   #54
MonkeyBoy
Trouble

MonkeyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny to see how all these muppets in all these alliance discussion threads get tricked....

It's almost thesame as pa itself.....

Maybe it's been done by the same people as in pa :eek:
MonkeyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 22:09   #55
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not see how LCH lured 1up into anything. How many LCH were closed and deleted in order for 1up to close the gap? Surely this can not be part of LCH's grand plan or maybe it is heh?
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 22:20   #56
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

When analysing this, you need to see it from 3 perspectives.

1) 1up: They will be absolutely delighted if they win, but I don't think they were expecting it. They would be happy with 2nd and top average score/roids. They want to keep the round interesting and obviously do as well as they can.

2) LCH: They want to win, and they think by hitting ND with many many fleets, they will be able to break 1up later with more ease. This may turn out to be true, the other option for them would be to have not hit ND, and concentrated on 1up. ND would then have maybe hit 1up and try to win. Or maybe ND would be happy to see 1up win and not try to win. </sarcasm>

3) ND: Again, we want to win. But as always for ND, winning isnt everything. At the minute I would rather kick LCH down and not win the round for the way they have been shameless lately. Indeed they have taken ND incs, but clearly the bigger threat to number 1 is 1up. Back to ND though, Whilst we do want to win, we also do whatever we want, we are a bit unpredictable really. No-ones puppets. And currently, we are the kingmakers. If we hit 1up with full force, LCH will win. If we hit LCH with full force, 1up will win. An enviable position at the moment, if you ask me.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 23:25   #57
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I wish some betting company would allow bets on PA winners
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 01:44   #58
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

after 95% of the real players quit the game, furby finally will make their way and win a round, congrats
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 01:55   #59
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Will be interesting to see if all the 1up trolls who were flaming other alliances for not attacking the #1 now turn on ND for their lack of ambition.

Heh.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 02:04   #60
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal
after 95% of the real players quit the game, furby finally will make their way and win a round, congrats
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 02:52   #61
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
And currently, we are the kingmakers. If we hit 1up with full force, LCH will win. If we hit LCH with full force, 1up will win. An enviable position at the moment, if you ask me.
I dont think you are the kingmakers, look around you, the GAP between the alliances and the fact no one is allies to no one make almost everyone in Top5 alliances; Kingmakers.
Almost every single Alliance will have an impact on the #1 spot when they will choose what alliance to targets,
I dont think ND is in the position of being the only Kingmaker.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 03:08   #62
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
I dont think you are the kingmakers, look around you, the GAP between the alliances and the fact no one is allies to no one make almost everyone in Top5 alliances; Kingmakers.
Almost every single Alliance will have an impact on the #1 spot when they will choose what alliance to targets,
I dont think ND is in the position of being the only Kingmaker.
Erhm. You play this game?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 3 Dec 2004 at 03:24.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 03:11   #63
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

when i am bored, yeah.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 03:23   #64
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

it seems pretty obvious to anyone not in lch command (even idle me!) that lch has been targeting ND a lot heavier than 1up lately. that policy and lchs loss of members (they could probably jump back to #1 by recruiting any time they want, nobody has pointed that out yet) have made 1up #1, at least for now, and quite possibly taken ND out of the running.

lch now seems to think that, out of gratitude for all this, ND will side with them vs 1up?

'heh'

that will take Cryptic level propaganda skills
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 04:26   #65
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
Will be interesting to see if all the 1up trolls who were flaming other alliances for not attacking the #1 now turn on ND for their lack of ambition.

Heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Or maybe ND would be happy to see 1up win and not try to win. </sarcasm>
lol. These 2 posts made me think
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 04:33   #66
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

i think 1up/LCH should hit ND, that would make things intresting right :/
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 05:41   #67
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
it seems pretty obvious to anyone not in lch command (even idle me!) that lch has been targeting ND a lot heavier than 1up lately. that policy and lchs loss of members (they could probably jump back to #1 by recruiting any time they want, nobody has pointed that out yet) have made 1up #1, at least for now, and quite possibly taken ND out of the running.

lch now seems to think that, out of gratitude for all this, ND will side with them vs 1up?

'heh'

I'm sure they could find a fatty in leather to sit on an ND HC from somewhere.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 06:47   #68
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
This is a joke. Right?
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 09:44   #69
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villeh
LCH's 20 mill score lead over ND is not really much to talk about...
4 days ago LCH had a 30+ mill lead over 1up... Suddenly 1up is in the lead by score, and have a roid lead by 30.000 roids...

1up, LCH & ND all stand a chance to win still, though atm I would say 1up and ND stand strongest for the claim of both top spots as they are the strongest block/ally/whatever cooperative term you like to use!
its all to do with XP and with LCH's numbers working there favour 1 night of hitting 1up successfully and there well infront again. my opinion anyhuuu :/
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 11:19   #70
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
its all to do with XP and with LCH's numbers working there favour 1 night of hitting 1up successfully and there well infront again. my opinion anyhuuu :/

Key word "successfully" Do you honestly think that is possible? They have tried it before and failed.
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 12:06   #71
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

honestly, why do people think 1up run ND? and why do people think 1up are setting up ND's raids? dont you think 1up are busy? do you think they got all their time to set up ND raids, just for the fun of it?

I doubt it.. Those claiming such, is just retarded, and dont know anything about alliance politics.. (sorry lch)..

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 12:27   #72
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

LCH could loose lots more and still catch 1up in one night cus they got more members, therefor more XP, therefor easier way to gain score.
I hardly see 1up have any chance now cus they are number #1 now, and LCH will rot with other alliance to take them down. I give it 5 more days and 1uP will be out of the top 3 on roids

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 13:17   #73
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH could loose lots more and still catch 1up in one night cus they got more members, therefor more XP, therefor easier way to gain score.
I hardly see 1up have any chance now cus they are number #1 now, and LCH will rot with other alliance to take them down. I give it 5 more days and 1uP will be out of the top 3 on roids
i kinda disagree...

That's what LCH and their friends are doing the past weeks with 1up/ND war... they failed.

Now that 1up are more stable than ever, how will it make any difference.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 13:30   #74
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road

PA failed this round.
Even blocks are better than this.
Who really wants that a round gets nearly totaly decided by politics. Ofc they were also important with blocks but at least u had the time before a round to try to create balanced blocks while we get here the situation of "short" timed blocks which will totaly own the targeted alliance/opposite block.
In the end it means the alliance will stay on #1 which made enough friends, were the biggest liars and maybe fencesitter.
Its not about skill or war, its all about making sure ur alliances stays out of big fights as much as possible.
Instead of clear confrontation we get a product like this.
The only real difference to block rounds is that one ally will claim they won the round "solo" while the truth is it will be as much a single ally victory as in all the block rounds.
Blocks are tbh just the honest version of all this "solo, fluid politics" round shit.
Well it might make the rounds longer though i ask me if thats really such a great evolution from blocks.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 13:33   #75
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
i kinda disagree...

That's what LCH and their friends are doing the past weeks with 1up/ND war... they failed.

Now that 1up are more stable than ever, how will it make any difference.
LCH got resources saved up, this is just a tatical coop.
LCH has in no way failed yet, if they fail this tactical coop, they still got lots of more XP than 1up

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 13:50   #76
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

im not sure what tactical coop means. If it means, their cooperation with other alliances, that's old news - it cost them 3-5% roid loss a day.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 13:52   #77
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad
In the end it means the alliance will stay on #1 which made enough friends, were the biggest liars and maybe fencesitter.
Its not about skill or war, its all about making sure ur alliances stays out of big fights as much as possible.
Ehehe, if you are talking about 1up, you must be on some heavy duty drugs there

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 14:03   #78
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
PA failed this round.
Who really wants that a round gets nearly totaly decided by politics. Ofc they were also important with blocks but at least u had the time before a round to try to create balanced blocks while we get here the situation of "short" timed blocks which will totaly own the targeted alliance/opposite block.
The only real difference to block rounds is that one ally will claim they won the round "solo" while the truth is it will be as much a single ally victory as in all the block rounds.
Blocks are tbh just the honest version of all this "solo, fluid politics" round shit.
Well it might make the rounds longer though i ask me if thats really such a great evolution from blocks.
Aren't we bitter about something?

I don't agree on a single point there. This round has been full of face offs between the big guys. Not 3 weeks into the round and 1up/LCH were going head to head while ND/HR were knocking seven bells out of each other.

If you think 1up fencesat then one might suggest you sit down, have a cup of tea and a smoke and give your head a shake as it's possibly the most innacurate steament I've ever heard.

This round is still interesting with 3 alliances still having a genuine chance of taking the round and, imo, whichever one manages it, they deserve it because i know exactly how hard we have had to work to get 1up in the position they are in and I have no doubt the work load has been equal, if not greater, for ND and LCH. This situation is far superior to any block round I have played which would have already been played out by now.

Now get a grip and go out and attack someone.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters

Last edited by mazzelaar; 3 Dec 2004 at 14:06. Reason: crap typing
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 14:32   #79
Leinad
DrFlame

interesting to see that some ppl think i speak about their alliance while i simply blame every alliance in PA.
Btw mazzelaar i cant be bitter cause i dont play the round, have no pa alliance and for me 1up is as good a winner as is LCH, i really dont care and also if u end #1 its deserved.
But that wasnt the point at all.
I said that what ALL alliances do atm is no real improvement to blocks and make some things even worse.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 14:35   #80
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
interesting to see that some ppl think i speak about their alliance while i simply blame every alliance in PA.
Btw mazzelaar i cant be bitter cause i dont play the round, have no pa alliance and for me 1up is as good a winner as is LCH, i really dont care and also if u end #1 its deserved.
But that wasnt the point at all.
I said that what ALL alliances do atm is no real improvement to blocks and make some things even worse.
And I just pointed out how you're talking poo. Of course it's an improvement when the outcome of a round is going down to the last couple of hundred ticks, roids are still changing hands heavily and there are targets around for everyone. No single alliance has been smashed into oblivion and everyone has the potential to affect the outcome.

You much preferrred round 10.5 and the MPF atrocity did you?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 14:37   #81
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

So first you complain about how crap the round is, how we have ruined the game etc, then you say you dont care because you arent even playing?

My statement on the drugs still stands.

[Edit: Mazz is the grammar police]

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 14:47   #82
Leinad
DrFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
So first you complain about how crap the round is, how we have ruined the game etc, then you say you dont care because you arent even playing?

My statement on the drugs still stands.

[Edit: Mazz is the grammar police]
learn to read/understand.
Saying to not care about what alliance wins is a difference to caring about the game.
Also yes the round last longer so what?
Doesnt mean the rounds are really more competetion and it also doesnt mean that it reflects the individual alliance skill.
I have rather shorter rounds with real big and hard fights. Btw i also didnt say i want block rounds, i said the current thing isnt such a great improvement as some ppl always say.
Its far away from being a solo round which is decided by individual alliance skill rather than which side outnumbers who.
The last thing still happens just that it happens more often so what in a block round might take 2 weeks needs here now 4 weeks.
If u think thats better ok but u should be aware of the fact that just a longer round is not for everyone a sign of quality.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 14:59   #83
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
Also yes the round last longer so what?
Id hate to be trying to satisfy you..

- When blocking ends the round after 3 weeks, they complain.
- When lack of blocking keeps the round open to the bitter end, they complain.

Lovely.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 15:10   #84
alch
Retired

Ok guys let's Cut the Crap ok?
I think that Round 12 will be remembered by All The people playing it as one of the most Interesting Round for not knowing what will be the Final Rank list.
I have to say i have fun seeing the balancing between the Alliances in the TOP, the amount of organization and disorganization amongst Temporary Blocks and alliances.
There is REAL fight, and tbh leinad, if you talking about Big Fight, then i can point at some almost every second day, of course it isnt the BIG fight we had once in LOWER round, but come on, who did enjoy theses round where Block had supremacy over the round? maybe everyone for few days, then for the rest of the round, the one on the Winning side.

This is a Very balanced WAR, XP encourage you to land on BIG planet, Big planets are behing hit and Low value planet with "guts" end in high ranks due to their XP (which are also easier to take down).

I like it, and i know a thousands other people i know like it aswell.
So you must be talking about another game....
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 16:54   #85
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH got resources saved up, this is just a tatical coop.
LCH has in no way failed yet, if they fail this tactical coop, they still got lots of more XP than 1up
If I spent my resources, I'm actually #1. All my other LCH m8's are at least top20 if they spent the resources. At the moment, we do not worry at all.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING. All alliances need all the ships they could buy.
Also, 1up got less members, but more total roids. More total roids, means more daily score gain, even with 67 members. Ships have to die, and roids have to be heavily swapped to balance the game again in LCH favor. Spending resources (which some have) are proll equal on both sides. And will if the situation stays like this, and you extravert those to 3 weeks later, you need a hell lot of resources stacked up now.

Let's get a winner with some nice decent war, what we were already doing the last few weeks. ppl who said the 30 mil gap couldn't be closed can shut up now. ppl who said, 1up ain't going for the win, can shut up as well. Let's hope we can have another 3 weeks of fun (at 1up's place )
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 17:10   #86
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Combination of politics and war is the bestest, and that's what happened this round, thankfully.

As for blocking et al, I recommend reading JBG's post in this thread, because as much as he's my fellow mod, I think he's got it spot on.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...=181783&page=2
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 17:27   #87
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
PA failed this round.
Who really wants that a round gets nearly totaly decided by politics.
You mean unlike every other round before ?
Have u ever played pa because frankly, every round was decided by politics. As pa is a game of politics quiet simple really.

Quote:
Ofc they were also important with blocks but at least u had the time before a round to try to create balanced blocks while we get here the situation of "short" timed blocks which will totaly own the targeted alliance/opposite block.
no block ever was build on balance but to beat the enemy. You either achieved that by allying the "best" players (qualitywise) or adding the biggest "number" (quantitywise) to your side.
As a result we saw stagnation once the opposing block was beaten faster then anticipated.

Quote:
welcome to pa, i start to think you finally get the concept of the game, wasnt too hard eh?

Quote:
now i could add lengthy why you seem to have no clue, argumenting about the current scoresystem, the advantage of hitting big planets for roids or even adding that in a universe with only <10 alliances who play seriously you cant really hit someone who isnt involved.
But i dont wanna go into length and just add "clueless, next".

Quote:
You forget that alliances can still fight it out, if they want to and that noone forces stagnation these days while in blockrounds everyone was scared of the "first step".
This round also removed the total oblitteration from single alliances, which is in my book a good thing. No need to harvest ppl who lost for the lack of targets when u can and want to hit fat tgts and allow your former tgts to play the game on instead.

Last but not least, what joy did big blocks bring ? I only read "omg its all stagnating let god end this round" posts in the past. Where are those now ?
The top10 alliances still slag it out between each other and not just concentrate on 1-2 guys. More fun in my book = more action.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 17:50   #88
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd also like to point out that its even more fun outside of the top 10, for example the DR/SiN war and the fact that there are 4 or 5 alliances still fighting for spots 9 and 10
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 18:55   #89
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Stated time and time again even before 1up were thrusted into #1 spot without trying to get there that 1up are not going for the win. I cannot see how LCH's plan was for 1up to take #1 from them and get 30k roids ahead of them. All sides have members who stockpile resources and I know of many 1up who are doing the same. It was not also part of LCH's plan to have some members closed and deleted for 1up to catch up was it? How many were deleted by the way?
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 19:22   #90
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

That is more down to LCH being idiots and directing far more firepower at ND than 1up. As every tick passes, it makes me want 1up to batter them more and more.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 19:48   #91
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
PA failed this round.
"Balanced blocks"? Who is interested in that? People who make a block make it to ensure victory.. When where there ever balanced blocks in pa btw?
And last round 1up did it solo.. And why I don't like blocks is cause it ends the round way before it starts. Some block got the best players and the most perhaps and they target the enemy block right after protection ends. The other block dies after a week... Then it's farming for the rest of the round. In this "new version" of pa politics.. Rounds are decided later in the round. And imo that is a good thing.. everyone get back what they payed kinda. :P

And very few block rounds can be said to be fun.. thoose that where fun was the ones that lasted long and didn't have a sertain outcome.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 21:24   #92
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
As every tick passes, it makes me want 1up to batter them more and more.
Lol i LOVE you fishy, you are by far my personal favourite AD poster
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 21:35   #93
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Lol i LOVE you fishy, you are by far my personal favourite AD poster
Glad to be of service
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 21:42   #94
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
I'd also like to point out that its even more fun outside of the top 10, for example the DR/SiN war and the fact that there are 4 or 5 alliances still fighting for spots 9 and 10
^____^

Yay. More wars for the little guys. It makes things more interesting.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 00:06   #95
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
HEH.

ND's strength for many rounds has been how well we defend.

incorrect,

ND's strength is how well they defend 1up..........................................

(lokken's comment removed)

If you have a problem with a post lokken, deal with it, dont add your own little snidey comments, you're a moderator with an opinion nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by Judge; 4 Dec 2004 at 08:27.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 00:08   #96
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Tis strange that 1up's so called startedgy has been declared as NOT wanting to form blocks?

Yet the only OBVIOUS block has been between 1up and ND........................

nuff said really.
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 00:19   #97
TheRat
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Judge doesnt impress me because he is so annyoing I want to ram a fork into my eyeballs every time I see a post from him
Seconded.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 00:34   #98
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Tis strange that 1up's so called startedgy has been declared as NOT wanting to form blocks?

Yet the only OBVIOUS block has been between 1up and ND........................

nuff said really.
Not a very good "judge" of things are you ?!

Yes I know the pun sucked.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 01:26   #99
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
That is more down to LCH being idiots and directing far more firepower at ND than 1up. As every tick passes, it makes me want 1up to batter them more and more.
You are really proud that LCH attacked ND a lot right? I think LCH tried enought times on 1up as well, but the effect is less, because the defence is just better. And getting all firepower to 1up, and giving ND freedom is not the solution, more has to come with it.

Shall I say it once more for you. LCH was focussing some night on ND...... (I think all other alliances had there night of inc from LCH (And other alliances do the same)
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 01:32   #100
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

@Judge

1) ND cant defend 1up as
-its unlikely with ingame mechanics
-they are more of a tgt themself all the time
-it has already been proven a few times thats not the case

2) ND hasnt blocked
-they have been hitting the #1 alliance and decided to go for LCH to sort their beef with them.
-fluid politics allow ppl to cooperate for a common goal
- 2 alliances wouldnt be a block, otherwise how do we call vsn/mistu/lch coop of the past ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote