User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Nov 2004, 07:12   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Make it easier to JGP planets

Anonymous JGPs if you've got a fleetslot free please, or autolaunch/recall of a designated fleet.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 07:39   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Make it easier to JGP planets

Seconded.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 07:57   #3
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Thirded, with Feeling!
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 09:13   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Oh, and make JGPs show race of each fleet owner and give scan links please, thanks.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 10:21   #5
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Oh, and make JGPs show race of each fleet owner and give scan links please, thanks.
Seconded, and Fourthed (with regards to the original post).

In fact, why not make it the same format as the galstatus page, so I don't have to delve into the dark abyss that is regular expressions again
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 12:25   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Interesting, I personally want to do the opposite, I want to make jumpgates how I assume they were orginally intended so that the person actually attakcing has to do them. This could be done by mkaing them only work when there is a fleet at less than eta 4 for example (although that does remove some tactics).

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 12:36   #7
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Interesting, I personally want to do the opposite, I want to make jumpgates how I assume they were orginally intended so that the person actually attakcing has to do them. This could be done by mkaing them only work when there is a fleet at less than eta 4 for example (although that does remove some tactics).
If you want to do that, you can make them possible only when the *return ETA* > 0. That does the trick nicely. You can scan for others, but you lose a fleettick, and for most people that's a fairly hefty price. And it doesn't remove tactics.

However, if you are going to let players JGP scan the second they hit "Launch", then you should make it convenient for them.

I don't think the suggestion really applies to whether or not there should be an ETA limit of JGPs, but rather at fixing the sheer inconvenience of doing one as it is now. It's in ways two different discussions.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 13:32   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I agree, but why code something if it will then be removed. Its not that hard to launch your fleet scan and recall.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 22:12   #9
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I agree, but why code something if it will then be removed. Its not that hard to launch your fleet scan and recall.
It's a hassle. Consider the extra bandwidth used as well

Face it, scan planets are a good thing, not 'another tool of the big, oppressing alliances'. If you force everyone to do their own scans, you're rebalancing distorters and amps heavily. Only people in big alliances will be able to defend them on a regular basis, therefore people who have more trouble getting def are punished.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 22:22   #10
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: [Discuss] Make it easier to JGP planets

jester, i don't follow your justification.

it seems to say that scan planets are a good thing, because without them only the big alliances would get scans anyway, which i don't quite follow...

-mist
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 22:27   #11
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
jester, i don't follow your justification.

it seems to say that scan planets are a good thing, because without them only the big alliances would get scans anyway, which i don't quite follow...

-mist
He's saying that planets that are more likely to get bashed (and thus lose their amps) are going to be at a disadvantage to larger planets that are less likely to be bashed. Thus having scans to be a Target vs Attacker "battle" between amps and distorters, you are actually helping larger planets who can maintain their building counts. Ie, the alliances.

At least that's how I read it.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 22:53   #12
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

This is crazy. IF you decide to rid us of scan planets (which I personally think is stupid) then atleast let us build a sufficient amount of buildings and remove the limit
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 23:33   #13
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
He's saying that planets that are more likely to get bashed (and thus lose their amps) are going to be at a disadvantage to larger planets that are less likely to be bashed. Thus having scans to be a Target vs Attacker "battle" between amps and distorters, you are actually helping larger planets who can maintain their building counts. Ie, the alliances.
that's what i read, however i don't see how this is any differet to helping the big alliances by making scan planets less effort?

-mist
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 00:02   #14
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

JPGs are a hassle only for scanplanets. It should be even more of a hassle. As I said somewhere else I would only allow JPGs to show fleets at the same eta.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 00:07   #15
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
JPGs are a hassle only for scanplanets. It should be even more of a hassle. As I said somewhere else I would only allow JPGs to show fleets at the same eta.
lo prelaunch heaven.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 00:21   #16
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
lo prelaunch heaven.
why would that be prelaunch heaven?

-mist
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 01:02   #17
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
why would that be prelaunch heaven?

-mist
It'd be impossible to notice prelaunched fleets.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 01:12   #18
mist
Jolt's best friend

ah, yes

allowing a planet to jpg scan itself without having to have a fleet returning, and hence not being limited by eta would solve this tho

-mist
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 06:35   #19
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
It'd be impossible to notice prelaunched fleets.
I don't think it'd be impossible (let allies prelaunch at different eta's, the only eta you can't spot that way is eta 10, unless you have a friend for that). I don't think it's necessarily that bad either if prelaunched ships are not easily noticed.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 07:27   #20
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

i think its time we lost the whole "allaince scanner" thing, and only make it possible to jgp on a planet your attacking with loswer than eta 4 for instance...

Planet A is hitting Planet X
Planet B jgp's Planet X but cannot because hes not actually doing a real attack

i think thats what Kal said i didnt really read the post :s but whatever.