User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Oct 2004, 22:59   #1
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road
why joining a random alliance must be fun

maybe it should be implented in the code that you autojoin an alliance with lets say 300 players at the start of round - players chosen randomly. Those will then have to form an alliance because noone else in the universe would be able to defend em. That would help mixing up the n00bs and pros.Also it would probably form several equally strongallies.

Then implent that there is no possibility to change the alliance. Of course youd not always be playing with your best friends but compeating can be fun too. it might even lead inner alliances policy into life. With stuff like senate or such deciding over war declarations(Without which you cant attack), made in secret though.

i might join a random alliance on that thought.
What alliance should i join if i wanted to join a random alliance?

(yes im drunk)
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2004, 23:31   #2
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: why joining a random alliance must be fun

It takes alot of organisation to set up an alliance, imagine you have to do that with people you dont know, or are noob or inactive. Also most of the current players are here cause they can play together..taking that away would probably mean a playerbase of 1 guy, you
alot more arguments to bring in ofc..not going to bother writing them all down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~
if you would be picking alliances to go random ..it wouldnt be random

btw..go to sleep..just makes the hungover worse

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 00:05   #3
Lei~
~Gon

well theres a lot of ppl who are able to set up a decent midlevel alliance... why put em mostly in 2 or three alliances (sometimes as members) where only 3-5 do real hard work rest merely idling and a lil attacking

and if you want it: i would join an alliance for a random reason i havent heard yet...
better?
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 01:16   #4
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

hello mass signups to get in the same 'alliance'
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 02:12   #5
Lei~
~Gon

your alliance is given to you on signup without the chance of choosing
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 05:05   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
your alliance is given to you on signup without the chance of choosing
yes and what Tis meant was people would mass-signup planets so they land in the same alliance as friends.

But tbh I can think of a number of reasons why this wouldnt work:
  • A lot of people play PA to play with friends
  • Alliances take a lot of work, you cant just place people together and say "work together"
  • How would the command be chosen? voting wouldnt work because you dont know eachother therefore dont know peoples abilities
  • where would you "meet"? its not realistic to just use ingame tools for def, attack etc

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 08:01   #7
Declan
wub me \o/

Declan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
(yes im drunk)

read what u said again tomorrow morning pls
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 14:35   #8
Lei~
~Gon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan
read what u said again tomorrow morning pls
i admit that my plan might have some more flaws than i saw yesterday.

I still think it might be a good idea for mixing up the universe. And of the 3000 ppl still playing theres a lot of ppl that know each other at least by name or reputation so working together would be possible i think. Ofcourse lots of things would have to be changed and alliances would probably work differently than now.

In the end though, thinking of all the changes youd have to make to make it work, what i had in mind would probably be a new game.
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 16:44   #9
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

spying would go crazy heh :P

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2004, 14:01   #10
suss

suss is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is a great idea. There are a couple of silly comments on the idea.

Stifler: regarding : "Where to meet" - set up a new ally channel
How to choose command: ofc you can vote, just select a new one later. I would bet you know pretty soon who is active and who is not.
suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2004, 14:10   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so basicly you are talking about reforming BlueTuba?
Unread 8 Oct 2004, 17:22   #12
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
so basicly you are talking about reforming BlueTuba?
ehehehe - post of the month goes to...

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2004, 18:30   #13
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

To be honest it does sound a bit crazy, but yea it would be pretty cool, just think about it, 1 IP address will allways join the same alliance(even if u delete/rejoin) how ever many times u sign up, but there are so many flaws its prolly gonna be impossible, but never the less it is a pretty good idea i gotta admit.
Unread 9 Oct 2004, 01:24   #14
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

cluster alliance anyone?
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2004, 01:25   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

c7r is long gone, Tissie. Stop living in the past!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2004, 02:04   #16
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Tis Is Alive! They Told Me You Were Gone :/

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2004, 11:38   #17
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

heh Leigon, that would mean i might end up in your alliance
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2004, 16:19   #18
Lei~
~Gon

would that be that bad colt?:/

but i admit my plan has a lot of flaws and it would probably create a new game where inner alliance struggles will decide about round winnings etc. where you might have a two class system in the groups of ppl being able to defend each other, forming elitist and non elitist allies once again. But at least it would make at least several about equally strong allies i think. And even if a bluetuba-kind-alliance should be rebuilt, why the hell not? most of you ppl try to give the impression that you liked the rounds where bt was still around more than the last ones. So bt cant have been that bad, and to organise it better will be up to you totally.

You just gotta commit more time to organising an alliance than to trolling on the forums.

And setting up an alliance mightnt be the easiest thing, but it can be done in short time and thinking that everyone will have the same problems it will only add another interesting aspect to the beginning of the round
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 20:30   #19
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
maybe it should be implented in the code that you autojoin an alliance with lets say 300 players at the start of round - players chosen randomly. Those will then have to form an alliance because noone else in the universe would be able to defend em. That would help mixing up the n00bs and pros.Also it would probably form several equally strongallies.

Then implent that there is no possibility to change the alliance. Of course youd not always be playing with your best friends but compeating can be fun too. it might even lead inner alliances policy into life. With stuff like senate or such deciding over war declarations(Without which you cant attack), made in secret though.

(yes im drunk)
We should find something to give back to these people since we're taking away their alliances. Lets just automatically put them into their own 30 private galaxies.

Then we need to make some easy way for them to know who's on their team. I suggest setting the first coordinate to the same number for each alliance.

Then we'll need some way to refer to these big random alliances. May I suggest "Clusters?"

** seems Tis beat me to the pithy observation... c7r thinks alike