User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 12:47   #1
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
time up for 1up??

aready they have showed in 1 round their power. i think it is cool how they seized controll of the universe so fast yet i think it may be time for them to throw in the towel, for the sake of the game

we all remember the Fury legion thing, that ruined the game for players and ultimately, with the help of p2p, made players loose faith in the game and quit. i feel if 1up dont throw in the towel this will happen again. do we really want a game where 1up stagnate everything, crushing everythign in their path and no real resistance to them??

either 1up throw in the towel or LCH, HR, ND and all the other top 10 alliances do something about it...

currently the alliances have sat back n grown gradually while 1up have smashed the smaller alliances to take the roids that have ultimately , at this time, left them with a 300 million gap over LCH... come on guys, band together and nail them ffs

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 12:48   #2
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: time up for 1up??

Alliances - Top 100
Rank Change Name Asteroids Members AVG Score Score
1 1up 341534 96 8.347.228 801.333.917
2 LCH 154036 98 4.802.554 470.650.307

i rest my case

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 12:55   #3
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

What I feel we need, are some set rules for when 'blocking' can be used. As suggested by several others, dynamic blocking is the answer IMO; if implemented well.

1up are 300 mil ahead, so mistu/lch/vsn should be allowed to block. This block would be broken if the lead was reduced to, say, 50 million, over the following alliance?
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 13:08   #4
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

This has already been discussed. If you read Sid's proposal, he dosn't say that all blocking is bad - only blocking before the round has begun to assure victory, or blocking that does not cease once its main objective was completed.

And do you really think that next round, any of the current top 10 alliances will allow 1up to steam ahead again? They're more likely to have their wits about them. This round, there were many oppertunities for top alliances to block and bring down 1up, but these obviously ended with little sucesss. Next round, I'm sure we'll see alliances being able to handle more dynamic politics to take down whoever may be at the top then.
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 13:37   #5
Mek
InSomniac

mabey people were happy to let 1up run away with the round... ever heard of the phrase: 'Anything for an easy life'??

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 13:47   #6
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Well, my golly, you certainly convinced me. I quit. Since I like this game and try hard to do well in it, I think I will quit because the other people were too inept this round to do what they had to do when they had to do it to win. ffs come on MeK. It is not up to 1up to throw in the towel, then you have 100 people leaving PA. It is up to everyone else to learn from their mistakes which everyone I am sure has.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 13:51   #7
Mek
InSomniac

imho 1up has been Sids way of saying "i can come back anytime and rule this game when i want and there aint a damn thing you can do to stop me" well its about time we did stop him...

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 13:53   #8
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithess
1up are 300 mil ahead, so mistu/lch/vsn should be allowed to block. This block would be broken if the lead was reduced to, say, 50 million, over the following alliance?
They tried that, they were too shit to win with a 3:1 member advantage. And that was around when LCH and 1up were the same size.
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:07   #9
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

If Alliance > Player 1UP could have been destroyed. But since most people are caring about there own little planet and don't look to far ahead, 1UP laughed the shit out of themself.

Who controls fear, controls the universe!
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:18   #10
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, I think that this round may have done good for the game...

Next round, people realise teh powerhouse that is 1up, and will hopefully adapt to stop them steaming ahead, and the slight stagnation we're suffering now (Nowhere near as bad as with the FPM(W) superblock). Hopefully the alliances are quick enough to learn from their mistakes and we may just see a far more 'dynamic' next round.

Hopefully.
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 14:21   #11
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

or they will think, 'f'k me, my alliance along with 2 others were so totally shite they couldnt wipe out an alliance between themselves'

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 15:01   #12
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

mommy mommy the eval 1up men are trying to get me to stay up all night mommy!!!!

(On a side note the opposition needs to get organised and whoop them earlier)
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 15:13   #13
Gunn3r

Gunn3r is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, this thread is so funny.

BTW, sids was defeated in r4,6...

I don't know about the following round tho, wasn't there.
Gunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 16:29   #14
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Somebody has got to win, why can't people accept that?
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 18:01   #15
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

they do???!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?

FFS, i might aswell quit pa right now

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 18:05   #16
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

No, Jolt are the winners \o/

R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 20:01   #17
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
If Alliance > Player 1UP could have been destroyed. But since most people are caring about there own little planet and don't look to far ahead, 1UP laughed the shit out of themself.

Who controls fear, controls the universe!
Fence sitting is that called.
I HATE IT
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 21:17   #18
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
i think it may be time for them to throw in the towel, for the sake of the game
because we give a shit what you think...

seriously tho, this is about the 10th thread saying the same thing... why dont you bother to read down a ways and save us all some time?
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 21:44   #19
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
because we give a shit what you think...
Ofcourse you do not. You play for your own enjoyment, not ours. Anyone not remembering that, needs a few planetarion history lessons.
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 22:32   #20
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Good idea! and instead of fighting back in world war 2, we should of just sed "come on hitler, youve had your fun, just quit now"

:|
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 22:44   #21
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

1. LCH, VsN and Mistu were not prepared to do what was needed to make sure that 1up wouldn't win: work together closely early on in the game and bash them to bits. When they finally did it, it was too late. They let 1up win. Ofc they had to work hard for it and deserved it. But I think those HCs at least deserve some credit for their (overdone) caution.

2. 1up has ~160 members, plus a load of NAP-ed planets which are in essence fighting on the 1up side. With the average 1up player having twice the average score of the average LCH/VsN/Mistu player it's hard to stop them.

3. Other alliances seem uninterested in fighting 1up. It's better to let them win then to fight them and lose. HR didn't get #4 over Mistu by roiding 1up.

4. 1up has NAP-ed a lot of planets. They control almost the entire top100 (if we don't count planets that are in vacationmode to prevent further bashing). The top players have real trouble getting roids as they ran out of targets. The NAP-ed planets don't pose a thread to 1up. I did recal someone saying something about more fluid politics. I don't expect it to happen, just like the no-NAPs thing.

5. There's a real danger of an overreaction next round. A big block that will bash the shit out of everyone and stagnate the round. Plz. plz don't let that happen. I'd rather face a 2 round 1up victory. (Although I must admit I'd love to bash them.)
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS

Last edited by Gerbie; 24 Aug 2004 at 22:53.
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 22:59   #22
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
1. LCH, VsN and Mistu were not prepared to do what was needed to make sure that 1up wouldn't win: work together closely early on in the game and bash them to bits. When they finally did it, it was too late. They let 1up win. Ofc they had to work hard for it and deserved it. But I think those HCs at least deserve some credit for their (overdone) caution.

5. There's a real danger of an overreaction next round. A big block that will bash the shit out of everyone and stagnate the round. Plz. plz don't let that happen. I'd rather face a 2 round 1up victory. (Although I must admit I'd love to bash them.)
The mother of contradictions I guess.
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 23:37   #23
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

where`s the other 60odd of our members ?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 23:45   #24
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
The mother of contradictions I guess.
I think what he meant was that when 1up were taking the lead, no action to pull them down was taken until it was too late - not that we should automatically block against 1up.

Unread 24 Aug 2004, 23:46   #25
Helix

Quote:
2. 1up has ~160 members, plus a load of NAP-ed planets which are in essence fighting on the 1up side. With the average 1up player having twice the average score of the average LCH/VsN/Mistu player it's hard to stop them.
I seem to see less than 100 members in 1up, and have never seen over 100. Our scanners are in the in game alliance, what you see is what you get, how 1up has 160 ppl is beyond me, and is a testament to your idiocy.

Quote:
4. 1up has NAP-ed a lot of planets. They control almost the entire top100 (if we don't count planets that are in vacationmode to prevent further bashing). The top players have real trouble getting roids as they ran out of targets. The NAP-ed planets don't pose a thread to 1up. I did recal someone saying something about more fluid politics. I don't expect it to happen, just like the no-NAPs thing.
Read the other thread pertaining to this please. 1up does not go around NAPing everyone in the universe. We do not attack inside our own galaxies, we only do so on people who have been hostile towards 1up. That policy is the same in most all other top alliances.
Unread 24 Aug 2004, 23:47   #26
Helix

Quote:
A very keen observation, the way that FAnG and Elysium were taken down in 10.5 and 11 is detrimental to the game.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 00:18   #27
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by *donkie*
I think what he meant was that when 1up were taking the lead, no action to pull them down was taken until it was too late - not that we should automatically block against 1up.

How are 3 alliances teaming up to bash one alliance to bitses, as he put it, not creating a major block that will ruin the round?
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 00:27   #28
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Blacknova is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
where`s the other 60odd of our members ?
Shhhhh... the secret weapon of 1up has been revealed!!!

(anyone who takes this seriously, pls look up "sarcasm" )

Nova
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 00:38   #29
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

as long as 1up is alive, none of your mediocre alliances will win. SImply because you guys have shy'd away from activity. 100 bucks says that if there was more activity from all other alliances they wouldn't have slept while 1up was taking thier roids. They would have blocked early enough, and we wouldn't hear so much complaining. Someone said it best though, this was sids way of saying kiss my ass. But someone else also said it best. Sid has been beaten before. But sadly, with this bunch of sub par commands and sub par lazy players, he won't be beat again. Don't get mad at me.
Slap yourself. It's your own fault.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 01:10   #30
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

60 Scan planets clearly ! Gerbie once again showing he's itk
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 01:12   #31
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
It's your own fault.
No, it's 1up's fault. For winning. And being Fury III.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 01:17   #32
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
How are 3 alliances teaming up to bash one alliance to bitses, as he put it, not creating a major block that will ruin the round?
There's a difference between creating an uber block to destroy an alliance, and teaming up for a week of heavy attacks to bring them back down to a decent level.

And also, in point 5 it seemed he was implying that a block is made and confirmed before tickstart (like in previous rounds), whereas a block created after tickstart that disbands once its purpose has been fulfilled is acceptable.

(p.s., just to be pedantic, just becaus 3 alliances block to destroy one alliance dosn't mean it will runin the round. Not if they're rank 20~ish :P*)

*Told you it was pedantic.
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 15:59   #33
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

What makes me laugh is how people seem to have the "blocking is the way" mentality

At the beginning of this round it was an even playing field - 1up proved to be superior - it's not our fault LCH and the other alliances rolled over and gave up

As Bashar previously stated - someone had to win

I can quite honestly say myself and the members of my AG worked damn hard to take down the hostile-to-1up galaxies - and it's that hard work ethic that got 1up into the position we're currently in

DB

PS Props to those that are still sending incs at my planet - shows that some ppl still have a set of balls

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2004, 21:10   #34
Fredtje

Fredtje is an unknown quantity at this point

The members of 1UP had a good motivation for this round. First round Sid is back first round with a new alliance so they were most active and dedicated.
The rest of the alliances werent motivated enough so it's their/our own fault simple.
1UP deserved the victory so congratz.
Round8 [KniV]
Round9 [FAnG]
Round9.5 [Đragons]
Round10 [Đragons]
Round10.5 [MISTU]
Round 15 Comeback?

Proud to have been RedBull
Proud member of R6B Speedround Gods
Proud member of MISTU
Fredtje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 01:19   #35
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *donkie*
There's a difference between creating an uber block to destroy an alliance, and teaming up for a week of heavy attacks to bring them back down to a decent level.

And also, in point 5 it seemed he was implying that a block is made and confirmed before tickstart (like in previous rounds), whereas a block created after tickstart that disbands once its purpose has been fulfilled is acceptable.

(p.s., just to be pedantic, just becaus 3 alliances block to destroy one alliance dosn't mean it will runin the round. Not if they're rank 20~ish :P*)

*Told you it was pedantic.
Well then I’m gonna be pedantic too. He clearly stated that he wanted the block to blow 1up to bitses. That is not levelling the playing field, it is something you do to an alliance you are pissed at for bashing you last round.

Besides, do pll really fancy a round where the #1 alliance gets bashed 24/7 whoever it is? I mean think about it. LCH gets on top and is bashed down to #4. Next in line is Vision who shortly after is bashed down below LCH. Then Mistu and 1up comes along and get the same treatment.

This setup pretty much removes all skills/activity and tactics. All you are left with is whoever is, by chance, #1 at the end of the round. I’m sorry but this fluid blocking idea seems to be a creation of a child’s mind imo. It seems very naive.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 01:32   #36
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
3. Other alliances seem uninterested in fighting 1up. It's better to let them win then to fight them and lose. HR didn't get #4 over Mistu by roiding 1up.
Aye we didnt, we got there by roiding (along with other factors) WP, rock, ND and more recently mistu.

HR was never alligned alongside any of the "players", so i hope you werent implying HRs military focus is part reason for 1ups dominance? Im sure this will start the flames really fireing but from HRs pov, 1up was never our war. That ofc never stopped us from hittin 1up if they had planets in strongholds of our targets.

Im sure there will be replies of "well your selfishness allowed 1up to dominate and stagnate" ect.. but at the time of writing i wouldnt say the round was over just yet and it certainly aint stagnated. Politically it may be but there are still many targets for every1 to hit and if an ally doesnt have this, they have only themself to blame.

It will be great to finally see a victor of their own merits, regardless of who it is or how some may feel manipulated by such a finale. The #1 rank challengers had ample opportunity to do something about 1up and i feel the only dissapointment this round, has been the seemingly stagnant approach by these "players".

However, even when the dust settles, 1ups victory will be argued against, for the simple fact this was a given? That the general consensus of 1up having the 1337 of PA inside, would surely diminish their achievement? Even if such a fact should have ensured the contenders bashing them and in turn leveling the playing field.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 03:35   #37
shadow_spy
The Caffienated One.

shadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really nice

Okay, I wanna know who made the alliance 2up
shadow_spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 05:27   #38
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

cough
secret...... o_O
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 07:37   #39
Chippeh
Void of Sarcasm

Chippeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
Good idea! and instead of fighting back in world war 2, we should of just sed "come on hitler, youve had your fun, just quit now"

WE DIDN'T??

But seriously, 1up dominating this round is good, it keeps the game interesting with a goal (to kill 1up :P) next round, meaning people will keep playing because they want to be part of that.

-Chippeh
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 10:44   #40
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05

The british did :P

'peace in our time' and all that

on a side note, hitler/nazi/german examples are for four year olds, if you want to be taken seriously, try looking elsewhere for historical precidents
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 15:41   #41
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wait for 7up!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 16:03   #42
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
imho 1up has been Sids way of saying "i can come back anytime and rule this game when i want and there aint a damn thing you can do to stop me" well its about time we did stop him...
He doesnt rule the game, his members do :-)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 16:40   #43
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
They "let" 1up win in the same way that most formula 1 drivers "let" Michael Schumacher win - by not being good enough to beat him.

Quote:
160 members? Where did you get this figure from? Needless to say, it's incorrect.

As for the planets with galaxy NAPs - that sort of thing only becomes a factor once most people believe an alliance has won already. For example, if LCH had won then there would probably be planets under LCH galaxy protection.

Also, 1up may have twice the average score of LCH/Vsn/Mistu now, but when war broke out the average scores were quite close. The combined score of LCH/Vsn/Mistu was almost 3x 1up's total score at the time.

Quote:
Curiously, HR are probably the only alliance (apart from 1up) who seem to have had a "good" round. Finishing above MISTU (who, after all, won last round along with FAnG) is a good achievement for them. Instead of whining, bitching and so on, they have actually got on with playing the game, for their own self-interest, and they seem to be doing pretty well out of it. In a round with large blocks, HR would probably be just another supporting alliance, but without blocks they can take on the other alliances around them 1 vs 1.

Quote:
tbh, I consider these NAP'ed planets to be pretty much an abuse of 1up's galaxy protection. Galaxy protection is chiefly intended to make sure that loyal, helpful galaxy members don't get roided by 1up. Imagine you've been reporting the incomings on a 1up member in your galaxy all round, then you get 5 waves of 1up incoming. You'd feel pretty pissed off, and the 1up member in your galaxy wouldn't be too pleased either. Galaxy protection was designed to avoid that scenario, and to allow galaxies to work together with some degree of trust.

Those LCH/Vsn/Mistu planets who decided to abuse this protection (and in the process betray their alliances) are quite despicable imo, and their alliances should deal harshly with people who have done so.

Quote:
But wasn't your first point that there should have been more cooperation, and earlier?

This is pretty much the same argument that I've been having with Rumad. I don't think lack of cooperation was the problem, it was lack of guts and lack of imagination. Basically the other alliances didn't show much tactical imagination, or much commitment in their attacks. That is where I think their problem lies, not in the amount of cooperation between alliances.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 18:38   #44
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

these idiots make me laugh soooooooo much
hi gerbie
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 18:56   #45
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

can people please stop saying this is sid`s comeback etc, he`s played every round except r7 fs.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:43   #46
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Those LCH/Vsn/Mistu planets who decided to abuse this protection (and in the process betray their alliances) are quite despicable imo, and their alliances should deal harshly with people who have done so.

Pretty hard to do when its some of the HC's of those alliances doing the abuse.
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 22:01   #47
jerome

amusing that, innit. Organizing attacks against some targets but not taking part themselves as they are too coward to and care much for their leet top100 place which they`ll look back in months/years and wank over.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 23:27   #48
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Lo Naps
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 23:30   #49
Treveler

Imagine the moral blow. Your fighting your ass off for youre alliance and then you descover that one of your HC is naped to the enemy.

If I was in that alliance I would leave as fast as I could log in and press the leave button.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 07:47   #50
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, I forgot to hit the leave button, shite

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote