User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jul 2004, 22:28   #101
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: So many fools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
Isn't there some Sun Tzu quote about winning before the round starts?
Also see: r3, r5, r7, r9, r11, Poland 1939, France and the lowlands 1940, The American Civil war.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 23:18   #102
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

There is a difference between "Blocking" to take out another alliance, and several alliances mutually but independantly deciding to hit known 1up targets.

Eg, if [VsN], MISTU, NewDawn and LCH alone all turned their attention to 1up targets, if (and i know this is technically impossible, but nm that) thats 350-400 planets attacking just 100.

Now i have the utmost respect for 1up, and what they have achieved here. They threw down the gauntlet to challenge all alliances single handedly, and their winning. I wont say they have won, as it's been proved before that with rankings that close in the T4 alliances anything could happen.

I know it is a fairly poor example, but if in WW2 one of the allied countries or Russians had sat back and waited for one of the other to strike back, then we would with all likely hood all be german by now.
Instead, they struck back. Co-ordination was not required, simply the act of nations pounding the hell out of a single target defeated them.

What i WILL do, right here, right now Formally is to ask those HC of alliances that happen to read this thread. 1up have challenged you, and as yet you have not risen to the challenge.

The general feeling i get, is that YES 1up have done brilliant so far, and YES the other alliances have either tried to take them single handedly, or have sat back and let them win, and that people are waiting for someone to officially start a war.

Well im starting one. I have no alliance, i have no interest in who wins or who looses. Im not asking anyone to block. I Simply want to see an interesting game, and that right now im looking at a group of people argueing over wheither an alliance has won a round before its ended, or begun. If all you do is sit here and DEBATE the issue, then yes 1up will win.

Get your HC butts moving and see about adding some more challenging targets to your daily raids.
If you aint a HC, then go badger your HC into adding some 1up targets.

Brimstone
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 23:22   #103
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
His exampel is perfectly valid.
You lose.

P.S I hope you arent going to teach any kids.
I seem to recall there being a couple others on the German side..... they didnt call it a world war for nothing. Id expect someone who names himself after a russian general to know that much at least... but then, the soviet take on history didnt go in much for things like facts and accuracy, so maybe its a actually pretty good fit for you.

His point is only valid in that the loser didnt 'win', something Id have agreed with anyway. His example is just rubbish.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 23:26   #104
Tis

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
people are waiting for someone to officially start a war.

Well im starting one.

How dare you!

Forest! He is stealing your job!
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 23:31   #105
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

oi ffs, im not having that!
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 00:59   #106
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Today AD taught me that the Nazis really did win World War Two.

O shit.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 08:31   #107
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
There is a difference between "Blocking" to take out another alliance, and several alliances mutually but independantly deciding to hit known 1up targets.
glad we've established that

Quote:
Eg, if [VsN], MISTU, NewDawn and LCH alone all turned their attention to 1up targets, if (and i know this is technically impossible, but nm that) thats 350-400 planets attacking just 100.
What would you say about an effective nap and shared attack channel between 3 or so alliances? Wouldn't that make your scenario just a little more.... efficient? But NAP+Shared Attack channel is too much to type, there should really be a word for it... let's see... NAPSA? No... how about Block, yes, that has a certain ring to it....

Quote:
*snip*

I know it is a fairly poor example, but if in WW2 one of the allied countries or Russians had sat back and waited for one of the other to strike back, then we would with all likely hood all be german by now.
Instead, they struck back. Co-ordination was not required, simply the act of nations pounding the hell out of a single target defeated them.
By this do you mean the US leaping to Poland's aid in 1939? Or perhaps you are referring to the time France didn't get taken over in 1940 because the US was there already?

You also must be referring to the curious historical fact that the US, UK, and USSR never talked to each other or coordinated military operations at all, and totally ignored Italy and Japan to focus on the Germans.

Honestly, if you're from the US, please don't admit it on the boards, it wouldn't be fair for my country to get a bad rap because you fell asleep in every history class you've ever been forced to sit through.

Quote:
What i WILL do, right here, right now Formally is to ask those HC of alliances that happen to read this thread. 1up have challenged you, and as yet you have not risen to the challenge.

The general feeling i get, is that YES 1up have done brilliant so far, and YES the other alliances have either tried to take them single handedly, or have sat back and let them win, and that people are waiting for someone to officially start a war.

Well im starting one. I have no alliance, i have no interest in who wins or who looses. Im not asking anyone to block. I Simply want to see an interesting game, and that right now im looking at a group of people argueing over wheither an alliance has won a round before its ended, or begun. If all you do is sit here and DEBATE the issue, then yes 1up will win.

Get your HC butts moving and see about adding some more challenging targets to your daily raids.
If you aint a HC, then go badger your HC into adding some 1up targets.

Brimstone
The general feeling I get is that you're not in an alliance so you have no idea whats going on since nobody's spelling it out for you on the boards. I would suggest you get on IRC and start making friends in #public, #lch, #vision, #mistu and #planetarion. You might also try news scanning the top 10 planets now and again for interesting battle reports.

The boards are for arguing and debate, if you don't want that, hop back into the game and look for your action there, you won't find a play-by-play here. Sorry.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 14:57   #108
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Coordination was not required ?

hmm
So the US didnt deliver supplies since 1940 to the nations in the war ?
The Russians did not coordinate with the other allies for a "2nd front" or respective a 3rd?
Britain and the US did not work together with multiple nations in the fight for africa, the landing in sicilia and last but not least in d-day ?

My friend you have no clue about ww2 at all so dont post about it and better read a book or 2 instead of wasting our time with your totally deluded view of history or some crap you have read on the backside of your milkpackage or seen in one of the lightweight tv-shows.

Any kind of war in human history included treaties-pacts and agreements. There was not a single multination or multitribe war whcih went down without politics or coordination.

The spirit to hit the same enemy brings always the tought "why not teamup while we are on it" on the same foot. Which will again, lead to blocks. Worldwars are the perfect example of blocks, like the coldwar aswell.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 15:05   #109
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cooperation is happening, just not to a high enough level, and with an insufficient strategy - if they had a half decent one, stopped hitting each other and actually put total focus on hitting 1up, they'd be pretty much shagged into the middle of next week - retals are a luxury, and right now if they are to win they need to be far more focused in who they hit, and in what way. But that isn't happening. Blocking to take out a superior (albeit smaller) enemy must be done with complete focus, with total cooperation, and some kind of plan/strategy. That isn't happening at this point in time, as 1up are outperforming their numerical advantage (which they need to make better use of). No one should treat blocking as a dirty word as long as they realise it's a temporary thing, because it's sometimes necessary to help you win.

Oh and comparing history to planetarion is bad dont do it kids
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 15:12   #110
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I would consider leaving 1up to lead the fight against 1up \o/

Btw Lokken, did u see our ground has been authed, and starts in october
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 15:15   #111
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I would consider leaving 1up to lead the fight against 1up \o/

Btw Lokken, did u see our ground has been authed, and starts in october
Good news innit.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 17:13   #112
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was going to post this in drunkenviking's thread but it appears he has deleted it. ****ed if I've wasted twenty minutes of my life writing it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
ofc it can be seen from 2 sides:
1) 1up's side(around 100 ppl)
2) LCH, VsN, MISTU, ND, HR, Rock, WP, ToF, FAnG, NoS, Veneratio, Deadly, Insomnia, SWaRM, coven, F-Crew, Bruderschaft, ARS, Norwegian Alliy, Tide of Darknes etac etc's side(somewhere above 2000 ppl)

this post was directed at the leaders of those 2000 ppl

Just because your side has more people doesn't mean that any suggestion it comes up with is automatically right. The point is that the claim of inherent bias on the part of 1up members due to the fact they're #1 can easily be logically reapplied so that we have the new statement that all non-1up members are inherently biased due to the fact they're not 1up members. I'm sure it'd work out fairly well from your perspective (in the short term at least) if all of 1up's roids were redistributed to everyone else but that doesn't mean it's the best option to take.

If we're going to accept the claim that everyone in the winning alliance will prefer the political situation of whatever round they're in with no real proof beyond "aha you just like having lots of roids you evil scum!" we may as well give up on AD now (because we haven't done that already rite?) Many people in the top alliances (in previous rounds) have stated that they disliked something in the political situation of each particular round, and some (albeit fewer) people who weren't winning have stated they enjoyed something, politically speaking, when they weren't winning.

Frankly I support blocking at the minute. In about six-seven days (if current trends continue) 1up will have the combined roid total of both the #2 and #3 alliances and any vaguely realistic attempt to dislodge them will have to involve a high-degree of co-operation. Looking back at the start of the round one wonders what exactly happened. Did sid badly outplay all of you by having better members in his alliance? If that's not the main condition for being the deserved winners of a round of PA what is? Perhaps more excitement is required, I doubt 1up being off the top-spot for about eight seconds really counts as excitement. It some alternative method of alliance co-operation be arranged? Maybe Pateam (in their unbiased wisdom) should organise a few comparative blocks, FAnG and MISTU versus LCH and WP versus VsN and ND versus 1up and ROCK?

Let's face facts, most people don't have a buggering clue what they want from a round of PA. Well certain people claim they have goals but mostly those are just masses of conflicting and contradictory opinions on what makes the game great. After many years (oh good god) of reading AD I've concluded that the best of all worlds is a universe which starts off with no alliance allied* to any other but quickly develops temporary* blocks to prevent any alliance from gaining a meaningful* lead over the rest, that any alliance can attack any other in a noticeable* way, that no attacks are too difficult* to defend against unless they're exceedingly clever and well-worked out*, that the political situation is kept interesting* without outside interference* from pateam, that people who can't put in as much time and effort* as others should be helped but not to the point where it makes putting in time and effort pointless*, and that in the end somehow the most skilled* alliance wins. As well as this nobody associated with either fury or ldk should be allowed to win.

[*none of these terms are defined objectively.]

When sid made his announcement I'm sure the skepticism monitor in most peoples' minds hit about 105%, I know it did in mine. Then I thought about it. Suppose at the end of the round he comes out and tells everyone how badly you were owned by his sneaky plan to level the political field so that the most militarily capable, dedicated and well-organised alliance almost had to win. Personally my response would be "..........so what? You did it when there were more planets, more alliances and better alliances. This round has accomplished nothing new from this point of view."

Perhaps this round is the metaphorical throwing down of the gauntlet. "We're this good. Now you try and beat us." I rather doubt it's "aha we're gr8, now make a big block where you couldn't lose if you had all the intelligence of my goldfish and **** us for eight weeks!" Maybe everyone will love next round. Maybe mammals of the family suidae really will pursue aeronautical activities.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 18:11   #113
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see why alliances such as my own should even get involved in who's gonna win the round. I honnestly don't care whether it's 1up or LCH or another alliance. Hence I'm not gonna join any block against any alliance because I simply don't see the benefits in it for myself and my alliance.

I do know that some other alliance HC's share this vision with me. Why should we even waste a single ship to try and waste 1up? For all I care, they won and the round ended 1 month ago for, when I left on vacation.

This isn't our war and tbh should be posted on a private forum of which only 1up, LCH, mistu and vision have access to, cause they are the only alliances who have a chance on winning (allthough I don't give a single dime for any of those alliainces but 1up for the victory).

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 21:49   #114
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I was going to post this in drunkenviking's thread but it appears he has deleted it. ****ed if I've wasted twenty minutes of my life writing it though.
sorry about that, didnt see the thread going anywhere.
Quote:
Just because your side has more people doesn't mean that any suggestion it comes up with is automatically right.
i sencerely hope you dont think that little of me. Ofc no desicion will ever be "the right one". However, 1 desicion can be what i favour. tbh, i dont care if 1up, lch or vsn wins as long as the winner dont end the round 3 times the size of the #2 alliance. Again, my opinion.

And to Kj, accepting that "your members"(define as you want, i know you're not directly in charge nemore) are being pwnd day after day and ppl leaving for other alliances to experience more action, says more about you and what you think of the fangers.

Simple meaning behind my thred was this:
I got the impression that every alliance is now attacking down the foodchain(with a couple exceptions) and the round has/is stagnating. If it's right to block and even scores again, i dont know, if i'm gonna bother to play my account the remaining of the round under current/soontobefuture situation, i dont know.

Thanks for moving the discussion over in this thread, as the thread i made was mabe by a fool and was foolish. Public debate about blocking is allways foolish. Last words i'll say on the matter.

edit: little addon, what i loved about universe was blocking, deblocking, backstabbing and what i'll generally call great fun. maybe a reason for my views/opinions.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 22:02   #115
Forest

Quote:
Thanks for moving the discussion over in this thread, as the thread i made was mabe by a fool and was foolish.
hehe

I miss the old declarations of wars, and enemies backstabbing each other.
Early in the game, (r2-4) i remember lots of allies backstabbing each other, lots of threads in this board claiming 'they will kill u when they have no use for u' etc.

Slowly over the rounds, some kind of honour seems to of taken place, in which agreements stick for round after round, and I think the game is poorer for that.
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 00:58   #116
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
hehe

I miss the old declarations of wars, and enemies backstabbing each other.
Early in the game, (r2-4) i remember lots of allies backstabbing each other, lots of threads in this board claiming 'they will kill u when they have no use for u' etc.

Slowly over the rounds, some kind of honour seems to of taken place, in which agreements stick for round after round, and I think the game is poorer for that.
I don't think it's 'honour' moreover, with private galaxies and such shared channels/battlegroups that the blocks had, more of a case of it would be far too much of a headache to split up effectively and if they did it would be the weakest alliance cast off which again would serv for a couple of days of humour, then stagnate again.

Too many people PA was back to the old days, a state which can never be re-lived, there's TOO much strategy, too much political intrigue and too many established methods of play to go back to R1/2/3/4 play where people were running around like headless chickens and u were lucky if any of your galaxy even knew what IRC was. Anyone sticking around for the just in case factor is going to be sorely dissapointed.
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 02:56   #117
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And to Kj, accepting that "your members"(define as you want, i know you're not directly in charge nemore) are being pwnd day after day and ppl leaving for other alliances to experience more action, says more about you and what you think of the fangers.
Viking, I think you missunderstood me. First of all, when I say my alliance I mean the alliance I am a part of. I'm not directly in charge like r10 idd, I'm only part of an HC team.

Nway, We've shown in allmost every round we played, that unlike some alliances, we always do put up a fight and pple joining our alliance will have alot of action during their stay.
This round however, due to several (already mentionned) reasons, we got kicked out of the picture very early on with no hope to play a part in the top rankings of this round.

I wouldn't just assume things of me Viking, I wouldn't draw some poor excuses just because I stated in my previous post.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 Jul 2004, 14:48   #118
Crazeh
Jedi Mastah

Crazeh is an unknown quantity at this point

You're all full of shit

1up has already won this round, and if you can't see it, that just reflects more to the reason they won!

The way xp works, the entire universe could gang up on 1up, but at this point, with the lead they have, taking all their roids and most their ships, they will still have the most score, thus be #1 on rankings, thus be #1.

and, since all competence & able leaders of any organization skill are already in 1up, not much to be done, now roll over and play dead, you lost, 1up won, move on!

Well Played 1up

Round 3-4 Newbie
Round 6-10 NoS
Round 10.5-11 FAnG

[Mercenaries]
[Illuminati]
Crazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 16:12   #119
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, Crazeh, the fact they're so much bigger means you could get an inordinate amount of XP for roiding them

Also, for each roid taken, the score is caught up by more than double what the roid is worth (1up lose a roid, one of the enemies gain it, plus they gain XP). So yes, if people were more organised and constantly hit 1up, it would be possible to defeat them...
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 16:45   #120
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah maybe so but i think its also to do with established alliances wanting to ensure their public perception is maintained throughout the rounds, not wanting to achieve short-term benifits at the expense of future circumstances.

Back to your comment on honour, i think PA has a highly matured sense of whats right and wrong (which is funny for a war game but understable from a political pov) for a webpage based game. The danger of "public" lashback due to a dis-honourable action could be costly for any alliance.

i.e. If information arose implying 1up was doing something morally incorrect for most alliances to swollow, regardless of their current strength; those 2k planets vs 100 would certainly decrease their chances of #1.

PA is so close to real life war & politics nowadays, you dare not attack anybody without the blessing & understanding of the wider community! Especially those AD media wh0res;P

/me waits for a smear campaign to unite the universe against 1up;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 17:10   #121
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
I seem to recall there being a couple others on the German side..... they didnt call it a world war for nothing. Id expect someone who names himself after a russian general to know that much at least... but then, the soviet take on history didnt go in much for things like facts and accuracy, so maybe its a actually pretty good fit for you.

His point is only valid in that the loser didnt 'win', something Id have agreed with anyway. His example is just rubbish.
HEH. And the italians contributed alot, didnt they.
HELLO CLUELESS.

P.S Zhukov was a Field Marshal, thats a 5-star general idiot.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 17:18   #122
Forest

It is idd ppl not wanting to ruin future rounds, but im off the belief that we should play each round afresh, and every alliance should aim for #1. Shame that belief isnt shared amongst others :/

Not enough alliances are willing to actually fight for #1, and are willing to accept #2/3 or whatever, and it cant be good for a game, when alliances are willing to give up on #1 to secure a decent position without too much risk.
I guess though, thats due to lack of numbers, and lack of planets is not really something that politics can help.

The thing to make the universe more fun = more planets, as we all know, but the community in itself isnt willing to be flexible enough to achieve that.
Im seeing changes around, for instance 1up recruiting ppl who have previously not played this game, but have come over to pa as a group, and the community schemes set up by alch and others, I just hope it isnt too late.

/me lets u all go back on topic
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 17:37   #123
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It is idd ppl not wanting to ruin future rounds, but im off the belief that we should play each round afresh, and every alliance should aim for #1. Shame that belief isnt shared amongst others :/

Not enough alliances are willing to actually fight for #1, and are willing to accept #2/3 or whatever, and it cant be good for a game, when alliances are willing to give up on #1 to secure a decent position without too much risk.
I guess though, thats due to lack of numbers, and lack of planets is not really something that politics can help.

The thing to make the universe more fun = more planets, as we all know, but the community in itself isnt willing to be flexible enough to achieve that.
Im seeing changes around, for instance 1up recruiting ppl who have previously not played this game, but have come over to pa as a group, and the community schemes set up by alch and others, I just hope it isnt too late.

/me lets u all go back on topic
I think the fact that alliances are willing to settle for less then #1 can be good. This round we all knew there was a very limited group of alliances that had a chance to end #1 on their own (actually there was a pretty broad concensus of what alliance had the best chances). Alliances settled for less then #1. If they hadn't then they would have no other choice but to block from tick 1 on. I'm gratefull they did not choose to go for #1 that way.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 18:16   #124
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
HELLO CLUELESS.

One imagines his point concerned the Japanese who really should be included in most people's history of World War Two. ANYWAYS.........
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 18:24   #125
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Alliance should have one objective, to take down the alliance who is 1 position on top of this alliance, which mean if you are alliance 24 you will take alliance 23, just to see your alliance ranking going up, this is a true nature of competition and its acceptable by all mean, combine this natural stage with private war, ego war, some counter war, and some war for fun, you have a chaos where politics are here to stabilize the situation and let the situation play in your favor.

i would like to say that in my pa experience i had so far, i learned that you should aim always for the top and never stay where you are, it can be in a one round stage or in a 3 round stage, never accept a stability or going down the ranks, i am against what kjeldoran just said, such a war would benefit your alliance, as you could always use the fact you are the underdog (which give you much power), and organize some raid, also if it would be to send bigger alliance after the hard nuts that 1up is imposing and then send your ships after the easy and soft roids, it would give you the fact that you will go up the rank, get more roids instead of loosing, it will boost morale among the members, will stabilize your HCs position and give a little bit to your political influence.

of course many will say that some alliance are playing for the fun, if your alliance is playing for the fun and just attacking randomaly without any objective and any other thing, then i am sure you will get less fun than if you would have some objective to complete (not have to be to win the round, because alliance out of top10 cant put a unrealistic objective, but it can be first round we go into top10 then the next round into top3 then round3 we take the lead of the universe)

once you will take roids and the morale boost in your ranks, you will find it more easy to recruit more people and to kick the dead wood who are at the moment paralyzing your alliance and making your HC and officer suffering, i hate to say this but at the moment i see some renegades in your alliance wasting the fun of another 50 peoples.

you guys have 1 month to go, to declare war and to loose sometime or to win and get some roids in your ranks or in your enemy rank will bring the round more interesting issue, by seeing 1up taking the lead and not fighting you will see the no1 an unreal target and no one will attack them anymore, as no alliance will want to take lead of the universe, it will lead the other alliances and players in lower alliance to be targeted more and more to get free roids for middle alliances in help to stabilize their ranks and it will lead for the smaller players and also for the bigger aswell to come to AD and whine that the round is not fun and that 1up spoiled their round, which is in fact not true at all, 1up played well, took the lead and even securize the lead for at least 2 weeks, but some interesting war can still be going on and make this round a blockless and fun war.

if you guys give up on #1, then there is no need to fight anymore and we can end the round because the majority of this game is based on being #1 and "rule the universe" as i state the jolt and AS old advertisment, its a war game and its doenst mean we wont be one community, but in order to keep this game fun, continue to fight, and when you are in normal channel such as #planetarion or #PA, give up your weapon an lets sit together as one community,

good luck to all.
well played 1up.
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 19:16   #126
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Alch, I doubt Kjeldoran meant he isn't willing to fight. He only refuses to fight against the #1 allaince while fang is #10, and thats quite understandable. It would be smarter if they target ToF and/or WP, and try to work their way up. That way you get your fight, but no fight against impossible odds, and one with a perspective of getting a result within a decent timeframe. why would you be the lapdog of the alliances with the highest interest of taking down 1up?
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 19:32   #127
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

i was meaning, that as an alliance HC, he should take part of the actions around, making sure that people would target alliance1 to 8 and leaving the easy rock on alliance 9 for alliance 10, that a whole tactic where you are sending on the big dog enough fire to make sure you are not worried about any more incommings.

But on other hands, i feel the last days that peopl e in FAnG are no longer willing to fight, attack are made once a week sometimes and people are not attacking together and have not the spirit they had at the begining of the round.
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 23:52   #128
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
I think the fact that alliances are willing to settle for less then #1 can be good. This round we all knew there was a very limited group of alliances that had a chance to end #1 on their own (actually there was a pretty broad concensus of what alliance had the best chances). Alliances settled for less then #1. If they hadn't then they would have no other choice but to block from tick 1 on. I'm gratefull they did not choose to go for #1 that way.

I disagree to some extent with this. If ppl had blocked against the #1 alliance, and when they wree down, broke and fought each other, that would of been fine.

IMO there is nothing wrong with blocks. The problem occurs when blocks refuse to break, for wahtever reason.

Leave it a couple of hundred ticks, and as soon as someone is pulling away, make actions to be #1.

For instance, 1up are #1.
Mistu SHOULD of co-operated closer with Vision, therefor bringing 1up down to #4, then mistu/vision automatically go to war, (in a perfect world of course),
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 00:24   #129
Cayl

Zhukov, while I normally find your posts to be utterly beneath reply, I'm bored, so I'll do my one post of community service for the day trying to bludgeon something like the rules of logic or normal conversation into your head.

Quote:
HELLO CLUELESS.
Nobody made any evaluations on the contribution of any nation over another, so I'm not really sure what you're contesting with your sarcastic comment and gratuitous insult.

Surely we can name many blocks in the past that have had worthless member alliances in them.

Quote:
Thats what he said right? A Russian general? Can you please clarify why you feel justified calling him an idiot?
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 00:31   #130
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

I think cause he said general instead of FM.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 01:05   #131
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
I think cause he said general instead of FM.
In russia you'd get shot for making such a capital mistake !!!

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 Aug 2004, 05:36   #132
Cayl

Oh I thought maybe he was saying Zhukov was a Field Marshal, which in Russian means "5-star General Idiot" ... that would seem to match his online persona
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 09:36   #133
Tis

Quote:
Because you are clearly expertly qualified to make distinctions between two translations of the same russian word...
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 15:20   #134
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Because you are clearly expertly qualified to make distinctions between two translations of the same russian word...
It was you who started the "lets be 100% clear and correct game". Sadly you couldnt finish it.

P.S Cayl, you bore me.
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 22:53   #135
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road

It warms the cockles to see the same debates being made over somewhat polar ideologies of a history long past... a planetarion gestalt shift if you will...

lol...

It never was about the number of planets or members, or alliances... it was never about strength nor honor.... it was all about the politics... may the strongest alliance win?

No.... never never....

May the best politician win....

Leto
hirr Diety of canned cheese

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 23:17   #136
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
HELLO CLUELESS.

If you correct him dont forget countries like romania, italy, japan, or the many "freelancer-soldiers" the german army had (Division Viking, Flamen, Ukraine etc etc). Alongside countries like spain (supportive - neutral).

Country numberwise was the differences between the 2 blocks not too significant, while overall quality and ressourcewise clearly played towards allies advantage.

Zhukovs titles were more or less administrative nature during his career. He usually was in the function of a chief of staff of a regional frontline. Eventho this wasnt directly connected to a military title it was the rank of a general. All further promotions were just "titles" for a man who had already achieved everything in a commanding career. It peaked in the marshal title after the german defeat in stalingrad and lateron in the post war appointment as a minister of defence in the Khrushchev era.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 23:27   #137
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
If you correct him dont forget countries like romania, italy, japan, or the many "freelancer-soldiers" the german army had (Division Viking, Flamen, Ukraine etc etc). Alongside countries like spain (supportive - neutral).

Country numberwise was the differences between the 2 blocks not too significant, while overall quality and ressourcewise clearly played towards allies advantage.

Zhukovs titles were more or less administrative nature during his career. He usually was in the function of a chief of staff of a regional frontline. Eventho this wasnt directly connected to a military title it was the rank of a general. All further promotions were just "titles" for a man who had already achieved everything in a commanding career. It peaked in the marshal title after the german defeat in stalingrad and lateron in the post war appointment as a minister of defence in the Khrushchev era.
Obviously you forgot to mention that he was born on the 2nd of December 1896 in Stelkovka. Next time Focht, atleast try to be abit more uptodate about the things you post !!!

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Aug 2004, 08:23   #138
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Leto
It warms the cockles to see the same debates being made over somewhat polar ideologies of a history long past... a planetarion gestalt shift if you will...

lol...

It never was about the number of planets or members, or alliances... it was never about strength nor honor.... it was all about the politics... may the strongest alliance win?

No.... never never....

May the best politician win....

Leto
hirr Diety of canned cheese
Wel 1up definitely have te best politics atm

proclaiming if anyone beats them they are still the winners and scaring everone into not fully blokcing and co ordinating because if hey don't they are so so bad.

Sill one day ppl might realise that dynamic blocking as long as is recycled is good for the game

Nice to see yu btw leto I hope you are good buddy, read your pm
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 10:44   #139
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Sill one day ppl might realise that dynamic blocking as long as is recycled is good for the game
Only problem in this one is that dynamic blocking is pure utopia and has never happened before and most likely never will happen.

The block who found the strength to take out the #1 will not fully break apart ( " we dont want to be next" or "we made good friends with them") so debating over and over how much such an impossible situation might be better over the current system (random with no blocking but 1 clear winner in the end) is moot and only feeds those who argue for the sake of the argument but not for the aim to find a solution.
Wakeys idea to fight the guy directly above you to increase your own position seems more likely and would atleast give constant wars and constant conflict for all parties.
In this case the winner is unimportant as its "just 100 players" in the longrun so the rest of the universe can still play their own game, even if the winner is already decided. This will move the point of stagnation further into the end of the round and in all honesty atm we only see those complaining who are actually enjoying the politics game more than the ship and roid part.

A logical suggestion would be to look into the length of the rounds. So far every round had 2-3 weeks stagnation at the end of the round. This is not only ruled by politics but also by ingame mechanics and by the limited size of players. So maybe a decreased roundlength (and also a faster rematch) would help to make single winners without boring the rest to death.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 11:01   #140
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Only problem in this one is that dynamic blocking is pure utopia and has never happened before and most likely never will happen.
You could ave stopped at the point I have stopped at the quote above and I would have agreed with you. The trouble is all to do with mentality though. In realiy it should be that way and then people would alwas continue to play. Ofcourse people would use different tactics to lower there score, but its the healthy thing for PA.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 13:28   #141
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
You could ave stopped at the point I have stopped at the quote above and I would have agreed with you. The trouble is all to do with mentality though. In realiy it should be that way and then people would alwas continue to play. Ofcourse people would use different tactics to lower there score, but its the healthy thing for PA.
what are you trying to say rumad, you make no sense.....
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 14:22   #142
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

didnt a huge so called Xeta/misc block break after making FLVT dust in r6? then misc napped FLVT and backstabbed Xeta? Is that an utopia that has never happened or was i dreaming or?
(ofc, Xeta was smaller than the misc block, buty not in such regards as we've seen in other rounds)

also, if i remember all wrong, just disregard my post and dont give it a second thought.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 14:31   #143
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
1) You could ave stopped at the point I have stopped at the quote above and I would have agreed with you.

2) The trouble is all to do with mentality though.

3) In realiy it should be that way and then people would alwas continue to play. Ofcourse people would use different tactics to lower there score, but its the healthy thing for PA.
Since you seem to have a problem with understanding, I will take it section by section. Its colloquial english which is why you probably find it hard to understand (I am writing as I would speak it here) so I apologise for that.

1) I agreed with you. Yes I know your i shck but I did and I reckoned you need not have said anything else after that sentence.

2) The mentality of the players and HC that represent the players. (tell me if your getting confused yet).

3) The game should be played with dynamic blocks since then players would not give up as readily. Players would attempt to find ways around being the top dog if this was the wa the game was played (i.e. finding tactics to lower there score), but I believe thats good for pa.

Now if you need any further help just yell - I will work on a remedial version next time*

*PS this doesn't really change anyhing apart from a bit of structure, you really should read the post nex time before making such off hand comments.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 14:33   #144
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
didnt a huge so called Xeta/misc block break after making FLVT dust in r6? then misc napped FLVT and backstabbed Xeta? Is that an utopia that has never happened or was i dreaming or?
(ofc, Xeta was smaller than the misc block, buty not in such regards as we've seen in other rounds)

also, if i remember all wrong, just disregard my post and dont give it a second thought.
Blocks weren't dynamc just te same blocks with different relationships.

Dynamic blocking would require alliances to break down ther current blocks and find new allies to recycle the growth.

PS this is a ver simplistic example and yes a utopian view, but what the hell it wuld be my idea of fun
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 14:40   #145
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Since you seem to have a problem with understanding, I will take it section by section. Its colloquial english which is why you probably find it hard to understand (I am writing as I would speak it here) so I apologise for that.

1) I agreed with you. Yes I know your i shck but I did and I reckoned you need not have said anything else after that sentence.

2) The mentality of the players and HC that represent the players. (tell me if your getting confused yet).

3) The game should be played with dynamic blocks since then players would not give up as readily. Players would attempt to find ways around being the top dog if this was the wa the game was played (i.e. finding tactics to lower there score), but I believe thats good for pa.

Now if you need any further help just yell - I will work on a remedial version next time*

*PS this doesn't really change anyhing apart from a bit of structure, you really should read the post nex time before making such off hand comments.
sorry i was abit puzzled from your typos and had a hard time understanding what you were on about.
2)The mentality of the hc or players doesnt matter, 5 foul eggs can ruin the round for many. Like shown before.
3) Isnt playing to be the top dog the aim of this game ? Or is it supposed to be "evading to be hit" ? Maybe i played the game in the wrong fashion and missed that part of tactic.

However blocks dont just "stop" and personal ties always increase the lenght of agreements alongside a look into the future.

@ Drunkenviking: what you are praising was nothing but a blocksplit. It had nothing to do with letting the other side regrow or finishing the task. Like many rounds before fractions of the huge winning block decided to give their own victory a go. R6 was all against furgion so naturally the only "change" was to ally with furgion vs the ones you wish to split off. Furgion was beaten tho many ppl rumored that if the round lasted longer there would have been a bigger comeback.
Tho the decision was not made out of greatitude or mercy but as a calculation to beat Xeta. Deus/FoS needed Furgion or the risk would have been that they would have been on the receiving end.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 14:48   #146
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Blocks weren't dynamc just te same blocks with different relationships.

Dynamic blocking would require alliances to break down ther current blocks and find new allies to recycle the growth.

PS this is a ver simplistic example and yes a utopian view, but what the hell it wuld be my idea of fun

Blocks wouldnt be dynamic in any way or form. In your scenario a block of #2 till #6 forms to bash #1. when a new #1 is made they kick it from the block and stay together to finish this threat and take in the former #1.
In such a scenario playing medicore would be the key and positioning yourself in the top3 before the last week and then putting in major efford to make a end of round sprint ontop without fearing the retalliation of your own block.
How this would encourage players to try hard seems odd to me. Why would in your case the #2 try hard to beat down #1 if they can already predict they would be kicked form the block if they succeed since they become #1 ? And why would #4-6 want to leave the block, it gives them alot of attackpower - growthchances while would limit the incomings of the natural enemies in their area. Furthermore it would not matter for them who is in the top3 as they dynamically attack whoever is #1 regardless of personal agendas.
Alongside all these problems we have not covered the idea of the #1 maybe showing interest to block themself and to find willing followers which would lead back to the old scenarios we had in the previous rounds. Not to mention the fraction of personal dislikes and not everyone sharing the same goal aiding the image of "dynomic blocks" beeing a papertiger.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 15:10   #147
Rumad
th0ng gimp

it would help. Anything would help that destabilises the game,

Also you are assuming they would just throw one out and that would be the end of it. In reality a couple of allies would break together and fight it out. the ther couple If this would happen often enough (In a utopian world) it would dramatically help game play.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 18:50   #148
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Any pre-set political configuration is bad.

If people know that the #1 will be attacked by the #2-#6, then they will simply avoid becoming #1 until the last possible moment.

If the political situation becomes predictable, then it is very easy to exploit. In my opinion, politics should be as fluid as possible, and people should make their own minds up depending on their own circumstances, rather than listening to what other people tell them. If they want to form a block, they should do so. If they don't want to form a block then nobody should force them to.

Rumad - I'd like to know what you think was wrong with the game this round, particularly in comparison to the preceding round.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 19:35   #149
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
In my opinion, politics should be as fluid as possible, and people should make their own minds up depending on their own circumstances, rather than listening to what other people tell them. If they want to form a block, they should do so. If they don't want to form a block then nobody should force them to.
I completely agree with that statement. Politics is something for each alliance to handle differently. There are no good or bad things when it comes to politics. Because any decent HC would do what suits their alliance the most. That it might get the hatred of other alliances on you, that's something I'd gladly take with it. After all, you are an HC for YOUR alliance, not for the community.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Aug 2004, 20:18   #150
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Any pre-set political configuration is bad.
Exactly, and wasnt Sids post an attempt to deny certain posible political configuration during the round?
Quote:

If people know that the #1 will be attacked by the #2-#6, then they will simply avoid becoming #1 until the last possible moment.

If the political situation becomes predictable, then it is very easy to exploit. In my opinion, politics should be as fluid as possible, and people should make their own minds up depending on their own circumstances, rather than listening to what other people tell them. If they want to form a block, they should do so. If they don't want to form a block then nobody should force them to.
This is what me and others have been writing. See my above answer.

The very core of the discussion is weather Sids post was noble or a tactic used for winning.
Taking into Sids history, it would be extremly naive to say it was for nobility.

Focht, your close, I write you a pm about it.