User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12 Apr 2006, 18:59   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Post Book thread

In the spirit of the poetry thread, and in complete agreement with whoever said that "GD needs more literary threads" I thought I would make a thread. The idea is to say which books you just read, which ones you're reading, make reccomendations and flame anyone who reads Archer, that kind of thing.

Oh, and it's also to make yourself feel intellectual by mentioning really hard books!

So I just finished Finnegan's Wake, it was quite good.

I also finished The Brothers Karamazov about a month ago, and I don't think I have ever spent as long as I did on that on a single book (3 months). It was really good though, but not exactly bright and cheerful. A very touching book at some points as well, one of those ones where you sometimes read a paragraph twice, not because you didn't understand it, but because you want to experience it again

After that I bought a Stephen Fry book (The Liar) and Candide at a 2nd hand bookshop and read them. Both were pretty good and comedy was a welcome change from Russian Despair. I would reccomend Candide to absolutely everyone as well, it's actually really really easy to read and could be done in one sitting of about 1-2 hours if you wanted to. Although then of course you won't get the most out of it.

The Stephen Fry one was really funny, and pretty interesting too. It was exceedingly gay however, it was "public school" this and "rent boy" that. Not that that should put you off.

I'm currently reading a Wodehouse called "laughing gas", which is, of course, excellent. Also the plot actually surprised me hugely, which is unusual for a Plum book