User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Oct 2018, 22:07   #1
Bastet

Bastet has a spectacular aura aboutBastet has a spectacular aura about
Thieves and Clippers.

Just a friendly warning to all players.

There seems to be an issue whereby, despite sharing the exact same initiative and, in this instance, being vastly outvalued, Thieves get priority over Clippers if there's enough to steal 100% of the FI present.

No idea how it works really, but it looks unfair to me. Basically, it seems as though the Clippers actually think that they have an initiative of 7+ and wait politely for the Thieves to finish before they try and join in.

Example: https://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.p...q3x1zz4hva1zdd

Rounds 1-30, 42-65, 67-69, 73&77. RETIRED.

Mistu, VGN, LCH, OUZO, Mercs (VSN Wars), Fang, TiT, ToF, VSN, HR, xVx, ODDR, DFWTK, ROCK, TGV, TheFallen, Rainbows, CT, Future, and ND.

[22:03:16] <Hermiod> Im off to bed, I'll prolly dream bout Bastet, black dildos and gorillas -_-
[22:03:21] <+Bastet> yay xD [22:03:26] <+Bastet> what an epic combination [22:03:31] <+Bastet> don't forget the whipped cream

Bastet, perving on (semi-attractive) male PA players since 2000.

Last edited by Bastet; 17 Oct 2018 at 22:34.
Bastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2018, 05:59   #2
Pit

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Thieves and Clippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Team
Hi all,
It's been brought to our attention that this round's stats did not take into consideration an old combat engine bug.
In a small minority of combat cases, this could cause a confusing combat outcome. To better-reflect how the combat engine works, we've updated the initiative of the Clipper to init 7.

There will be no other changes or similar at this point in time. Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

Best wishes,
PA Team
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2018, 10:35   #3
Bastet

Bastet has a spectacular aura aboutBastet has a spectacular aura about
Re: Thieves and Clippers.

I know, sent after my post and received.

This doesn't resolve the underlying problem though. The response itself is annoying.

'[A]n old combat engine bug' - if it's that old and a bug, fix it please. Does the same occur with kill ships sharing an initiative? If not, why not? If not, fix this please.

'In a small minority of combat cases' - this would be more common than that. Virtually every time the two fought on the same side and where there were sufficient Thieves to fully steal the opposing FI fleet.

'[T]his could cause a confusing combat outcome' - I've spoken with a few people about it and we're not confused about it we're saying it's not right. If two ships share an initiative then the outcome should not be based on some racist list that prioritises Zik over Etd for no justifiable reason.

'To better-reflect how the combat engine works' - it doesn't work, that's the point, and you just said it was a bug.

Is it just tough luck for any Clipper fleets that have attacked or defended this past week only to get nothing bar a bit of salvage if enough Thieves were present?

Rounds 1-30, 42-65, 67-69, 73&77. RETIRED.

Mistu, VGN, LCH, OUZO, Mercs (VSN Wars), Fang, TiT, ToF, VSN, HR, xVx, ODDR, DFWTK, ROCK, TGV, TheFallen, Rainbows, CT, Future, and ND.

[22:03:16] <Hermiod> Im off to bed, I'll prolly dream bout Bastet, black dildos and gorillas -_-
[22:03:21] <+Bastet> yay xD [22:03:26] <+Bastet> what an epic combination [22:03:31] <+Bastet> don't forget the whipped cream

Bastet, perving on (semi-attractive) male PA players since 2000.

Last edited by Bastet; 18 Oct 2018 at 10:49.
Bastet is offline   Reply With Quote