User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 7 May 2013, 14:48   #1
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Blue_Esper's Radical Changes to PA

This is totally open for discussion, and clarification. Only constructive criticism please. Responces that suggest that noobs wont get it or that this just makes it easier for the elite players, are moronic.

Remove races, keep number of ships
-too much importance is placed on what race you go just keep the same quantity and varity of ships

Allow any research to be made for a more flexible research tree
-obviously some require certain research to be done beforehand ie HCT
but you should be able to research cr/bs whenever you like.

Allow second planet
-There seem to be a lot more people for this than against, only how the scoring would work is really up for debate.

Allow government changes throughout the round
-with a punishment like 150 ticks of no government as it changes over i think that this would be quite a dynamic function to be exploited

Allow population settings to be adjusted to 100%
-When the population is changed it is more like the covops page with gradual change rather than instant

Remove Galaxy Forum as a link convert to integrated chatbox for gal
that's always visable
-i believe this would make communication of short messages for people who are unable to be on IRC easier and more streamlined, rather than having to click a link they can just type in the box and press enter this would also be displayed on each page

Applicants previous history made available to alliance
-previous round history like rank and previous alliances made available to HC(or whoever has access) this stuff is already recorded, i know a lot of alliances pick their players based on that sort of stuff already.

Also about time for a Skin upgrade
Unread 7 May 2013, 14:58   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Blue_Esper's Radical Changes to PA

Allowing a 2nd planet is the only thing id def say no to.

Removing races could be a good thing, but it would take a total rework of PA.
Allowing u to research CR/BS at any time of the round would open the game too much open early on, i think trying to make the smaller/newbie planets endure longer would be a better change.

The last two should be intergrated long ago.
For accounts being used round after round u shouldnt be able to change the ingame nick on.
I think having two PA accounts should result into a closing, so you should not be able to sign up a new account without having the old one removed beforehand, players that is caught trying to sign up a new account for what ever reason should be closed.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2013, 15:08   #3
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Allowing u to research CR/BS at any time of the round would open the game too much open early on, i think trying to make the smaller/newbie planets endure longer would be a better change.
Give them the ships they want dont make them wait 3-4 days to play with BS/CR. I believe that by allowing "newbies" the option to build the heavy ships early, would give them the opportunity to mix with the big guys for more then 200 ticks afterwhich they've been roided so much they can't build a fleet because the big guys rushed heavy ships early an option that isn't always available the the new player who doesn't have an alliance that is prepared to defend them until they catch up.
Unread 7 May 2013, 16:15   #4
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
that's always visable
-i believe this would make communication of short messages for people who are unable to be on IRC easier and more streamlined, rather than having to click a link they can just type in the box and press enter this would also be displayed on each page
A shoutbox style thing would be an excellent addition. Good call.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2013, 01:29   #5
tokath
semi-retired

tokath is an unknown quantity at this point

-too much importance is placed on what race you go just keep the same quantity and varity of ships

How would this be implemented? Research trees similar to R4 where you got to pick one or the other or perhaps make each one a separate research item (e.g. emp siege, cloaked fighters)?. Just having the research the way it is now and having access to all ships seems boring.

Allow any research to be made for a more flexible research tree
-obviously some require certain research to be done beforehand ie HCT
but you should be able to research cr/bs whenever you like.

I'd prefer to get rid of HCT all together , being able to res inc scans/au/etc whenever is an interesting idea.

Allow second planet
-There seem to be a lot more people for this than against, only how the scoring would work is really up for debate.

If you implement the other ideas this just seems to be relegated to a support planet. At that point why not just boost fleets and roids/mining income?

The rest all seem to be nice.
tokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2013, 08:05   #6
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

skin upgrade and gal forum, sure.
Rest of the upgrades I don't like at all.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2013, 11:14   #7
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

I would like to see Military scan, back and a sort of amp to dist ratio system over the different scans. Something like:
1 amp can do P scan of 3 dists
2 amps can do D scan of 5 dists
3 amps can do U scan of 7 dists
1 amp can do N scan of 2 dists
1 amp can do I scan of 1 dist
1 amp can do J scan of 1 dist
1 amp can do A scan of 1 dist
2 amp can do M scan of 1st

probably much better and fair ratio distributions, but that would give ampers some edge
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2013, 13:37   #8
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post

Allow government changes throughout the round
-with a punishment like 150 ticks of no government as it changes over i think that this would be quite a dynamic function to be exploited

Allow population settings to be adjusted to 100%
-When the population is changed it is more like the covops page with gradual change rather than instant

that's always visable
These are great ideas imo, especially allowing the change of government mid round. As long is there is some type of penalty for doing so as to make it somewhat balanced.

Also yes, new frackin skins pls didnt we have like 6 or 7 skins back 20 or so rounds ago? what happened with them :P

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2013, 14:16   #9
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokath View Post

How would this be implemented? Research trees similar to R4 where you got to pick one or the other or perhaps make each one a separate research item (e.g. emp siege, cloaked fighters)?. Just having the research the way it is now and having access to all ships seems boring.
That is an excellent idea. Add new research options cloak/steal/emp to give accesss to those ships.