User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Jun 2014, 18:02   #301
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R57 gossip thread

Every round seems the same now, 3 or 4 of the top 5 just block vs Ult consistently until some point the dribblers realise that 1 ally has benifit from it all too much and gained too much of a lead to bring back down. (last round spore this round faceless?)

I just hope 1 day there can be a round where there is at least a slight element of a fair or evenly matched 'war'. For example this round it would be Black Flag and Faceless vs Ult, that would at least be fair. Although who am i kidding, PA is no place for fair or non-one sided wars haha.

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2014, 18:07   #302
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Every round seems the same now, 3 or 4 of the top 5 just block vs Ult consistently until some point the dribblers realise that 1 ally has benifit from it all too much and gained too much of a lead to bring back down. (last round spore this round faceless?)

I just hope 1 day there can be a round where there is at least a slight element of a fair or evenly matched 'war'. For example this round it would be Black Flag and Faceless vs Ult, that would at least be fair. Although who am i kidding, PA is no place for fair or non-one sided wars haha.
The problem is 80% of the univers dont realise certain allies agrees to stick together untill all competition is dead

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2014, 20:31   #303
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post

The problem with this scenerio is that only Ultores are prepared to DC nightly for long periods of time (i have been amazed by agar3s' dedication every night to dcing this round, its very impressive) and that the big difference.

Faceless or BF or whoever might be able to do 1-2 nights of hardcore DCing but in the end they just dont have the longetivity to deal with night upon night of 150+ incs and their members aren't responsive enough to keep it up either. This isnt a slight on their members, its just how it is. Ultores still has the creme da le creme of PA talent of which atleast 70% are guaranteed to respond and send defence every night and the rest may have 5-10 'good players' and 40 odd flak fodder that is hit and miss to respond to calls for defence. Its a war of attrition and the PA community is too fickle/old/disinterested to have a 700 tick war where there is a little roids up for grabs when the second they lay off to recoup Ultores will come at them and take a quarter of their roids in one night.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2014, 23:50   #304
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

actually, shaz/kudzu and the rest of the team proved last round they CAN keep it up night after night after night

get off your fking high horse
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 00:46   #305
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
actually, shaz/kudzu and the rest of the team proved last round they CAN keep it up night after night after night

Spore had no incs last round(except from 1 ally, while having 50% more value and 20% more planets intag than that ally) for 800 ticks. That can hardly be called night after night. Spore only had big incs the last 2 weeks of the round while you were sitting comfortably on 30 mil score lead, size lead and value lead. All Spore had to do was not crash fleets and they would win regardless of how many roids they would lose.

Ultores has ~200 incs per night since tick 450 while barely having what? 2 mil score/value lead and 2k roids. We stoped being in the lead after 2 days but incs didnt stop because some "think" that Ultores "maybe" can comeback from 20k behind in roids and 13 mil behind in value/score.

There is no alliance in recent history since Ascendancy and Apprime in its prime days that can keep up against incs like this an entire round. People like you who only been on the "blocking" side and think your past alliances are so good are just proving how idiots they are.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 00:53   #306
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Ultores has done this nearly every round they played, what are you talking about
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 00:54   #307
Doza

Doza is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok before this becomes gossip, a little announcement from Conspiracy Theory.... shouldn't be posting in the gossip thread!

We hereby give notice to ALL our allies that we are terminating ALL our naps. We will honor our cool down periods and agreed dates, our last being the 28th with Faceless.

The anti ultores block will be no more. We will move to gal raiding and hit whoever hits us.

We would like the top alliances to go 1 on 1 now and see if things get interesting.

We reserve the right to hit anyone who tries to join a side.

By dropping all naps I hope that it is clear, we are not singling any alliance out.

Should you require clarification on any of this then please contact GM, Chaos or myself in #conspiracy.

Troll Away!!!

CT HC !!!!
Doza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 01:02   #308
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:

So well that shaz left and spore has basically become HR in 1 round. It's called burn out. The point I was making Forest is that ult does this round on round not a one off effort 1 in 10.

Also shaz is a merc and I wouldn't class her as spore, more an oppurtunist of which alliance is stupid enough to let her leech as much def as possible in return for a few nights of dcing
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 01:04   #309
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Ultores has done this nearly every round they played, what are you talking about
I said Ultores is doing it and has been doing it but except them no other ally in recent history has done that since the ones I mentioned. Forest is just talking out of his ass.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 01:11   #310
RobbieHood

RobbieHood is a splendid one to beholdRobbieHood is a splendid one to beholdRobbieHood is a splendid one to beholdRobbieHood is a splendid one to beholdRobbieHood is a splendid one to beholdRobbieHood is a splendid one to beholdRobbieHood is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by doza View Post
ok before this becomes gossip, a little announcement from conspiracy theory.... Shouldn't be posting in the gossip thread!

We hereby give notice to all our allies that we are terminating all our naps. We will honor our cool down periods and agreed dates, our last being the 28th with faceless.

The anti ultores block will be no more. We will move to gal raiding and hit whoever hits us.

We would like the top alliances to go 1 on 1 now and see if things get interesting.

By dropping all naps i hope that it is clear, we are not singling any alliance out.

Should you require clarification on any of this then please contact gm, chaos or myself in #conspiracy.

Troll away!!!
RobbieHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 08:02   #311
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza
Ok before this becomes gossip, a little announcement from Conspiracy Theory.... shouldn't be posting in the gossip thread!

We hereby give notice to ALL our allies that we are terminating ALL our naps. We will honor our cool down periods and agreed dates, our last being the 28th with Faceless.

By dropping all naps I hope that it is clear, we are not singling any alliance out.

Should you require clarification on any of this then please contact GM, Chaos or myself in #conspiracy.

Troll Away!!!
how will you be checking to see if a side has been joined ?
2 alliances could decide to hit the same one independantly, theres enough hate brewing for that to occur.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 08:28   #312
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
. People like you who only been on the "blocking" side and think your past alliances are so good are just proving how idiots they are.
People like me?

Do you know nothing off my history?

I have played on sides that have blocked. I have also been instrumental in rounds/alliances that haven't had allies at all.
I have even been part of an alliance that got a hell of a lot more incs than 200 a night for a round (though admittedly with larger tags), that have been smashed all round and that came back STRONGER the following round.

So lets not pretend im some newbie who thinks I know it all, I speak from a position of experience in leadership roles since r1
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 08:45   #313
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doza View Post
Does that mean if BF and Faceless continue to go 2 on 1 on Ult you will hit BF?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 08:56   #314
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji
BF have stepped aside as well
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 09:07   #315
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Then I fully expect an Ult comeback and a much more interesting race for first!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 09:08   #316
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
We cannot confirm nor deny... :P
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 09:42   #317
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Congrats with roundwin ultores
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 09:45   #318
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Also shaz is a merc and I wouldn't class her as spore, more an oppurtunist of which alliance is stupid enough to let her leech as much def as possible in return for a few nights of dcing
Shaz is not a leech. A lot of people pre-judge her in this light. This round in Black Flag, she is more or less a defence whore.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 09:47   #319
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds
Shaz is not a leech. A lot of people pre-judge her in this light. This round in Black Flag, she is more or less a defence whore.
Most people thinks thats how it is, but then again, most people have never actually played with shaz
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 09:52   #320
Forest

I played with Shaz, and i would say she is anything BUT a leech.

i would rather have way more like shaz, than less.
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 09:53   #321
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The problem with this scenerio is that only Ultores are prepared to DC nightly for long periods of time (i have been amazed by agar3s' dedication every night to dcing this round, its very impressive) and that the big difference.

Faceless or BF or whoever might be able to do 1-2 nights of hardcore DCing but in the end they just dont have the longetivity to deal with night upon night of 150+ incs and their members aren't responsive enough to keep it up either. This isnt a slight on their members, its just how it is. Ultores still has the creme da le creme of PA talent of which atleast 70% are guaranteed to respond and send defence every night and the rest may have 5-10 'good players' and 40 odd flak fodder that is hit and miss to respond to calls for defence. Its a war of attrition and the PA community is too fickle/old/disinterested to have a 700 tick war where there is a little roids up for grabs when the second they lay off to recoup Ultores will come at them and take a quarter of their roids in one night.
Once again Kaiba, you are wrong.

Faceless for example kept up this endurance of incoming and covered/defended pretty well for long periods, the round they won. Vikings were also the same.

The difference with Ultores is, they have a system where most of their players will DC themselves, as opposed to other alliances who have specific people to DC the whole tag.

I disagree that Ultores are the only efficient alliance in the game. Ultores have the upper hand with their system, but they are definitely not the only alliance who can defend for long periods of time.

Last edited by Clouds; 26 Jun 2014 at 11:20.
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 10:05   #322
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
The difference with Ultores is, they have a system where most of their players will DC themselves, as opposed to other alliances who have specific people to DC the whole tag.
p3nguins do as well, it just does not currently work as well as it does in Ultores (clearly needs a few rounds fine tuning!) The disadvantage of this system, as we found out (and I remember asc finding in the past) is that if randomly there is no one on then everything goes through you as there is nobody who will definitely be online.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 12:49   #323
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
She is a leech, no matter how you look at it.
A good allie membe will attack with the alliance EVERY night, what she does is justt sitting around gathering supporters like you

Unread 26 Jun 2014, 14:50   #324
Forest

i would rather have shaz than you any day of the week

she sends retals, she sends defence way more than most other members and sits dc'ing all night long, issuing recalls and checking calcs.

you whine and moan and throw a paddy as soon as you dont get your own way.

enough said
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 15:21   #325
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
There is no alliance in recent history since Ascendancy and Apprime in its prime days that can keep up against incs like this an entire round.
I'm not sure if there's a point in comparing alliances to each other like that. It's largely been the same people on top for well over 30 rounds now. Whether they are/were playing in Ascendancy, Ultores, Apprime or any other alliance isn't what matters.

As for shaz, clearly she offers something (many) alliances are willing to pay for: in exchange for being allowed to get her planet covered she takes some time to cover other planets as well. (I'm not really sure what the angle is this round. Maybe she just got burnt out?) I don't see the point of (or indeed, the justification for) calling names. Who are you to judge the deals other people make? If you don't like the exchange, you're free to reject it. But complaining when another alliance accepts it, and reaps the subsequent benefits? That's not just lame, but dumb. If you really believe an enemy alliance is getting the bad end of the deal, shut up about it! Fighting leeches is awesome, so use it to your advantage!

P.S. I'm rather liking the poop flinging between Butcher and Forest. Carry on, men!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 15:41   #326
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

men...

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 19:41   #327
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Mz is quite right that the bulk of the alliances mentioned have all had the same guys playing for them when in their heyday.

PA now is a pretty crap concept. Tick 1 we all start playing, then someone finds an excuse to justifying a block on Ultores (you attacked us 3 times in 6 hrs or something like that) and then everyone else who believes they have a chance of winning the round will jump on that bandwagon and pwn Ultores, to take them out the game. Roids dry up quickly, members get bored. Everyone stops hitting Ultores, Ultores hits back and takes a large clump of one alliances roids, suddenly they are a threat again and everyone jumps back on them. As so on and so forth until suddenly its tick 800-900 and one alliance realises they have let another get a 10 mill lead during this Ultbash and suddenly backstabs their whole block to go after that alliance. Ultores and any sympathisers from the lower teirs they have picked up in the 600 ticks of getting whumped then goes after one of these alliances to screw their chances of winning the round and it gets to tick 1176 and we end up with an alliance winning that is neither good enough stand alone defensively or stand alone offensive to compete at the highest levels.

Rinse repeat PA till its death in 3 years

Its basically Facebook Wars now, who has teh biggest friends list wins
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 19:54   #328
WillyNilly

WillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the roughWillyNilly is a jewel in the rough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLlIdZikDk

Doesn't matter if you think they are good enough or not...whoever is #1 at the end wins...everyone needs to stop whining. Also, Ult should take it as a sign of respect that everyone is afraid of letting them run away with the win. Everyone knows that if Ult doesn't get blocked they automatically win.

Anyway, round is back open so lets see how things turn out
WillyNilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 21:23   #329
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
After how much you slagged her off last round this is pretty ****ing hilarious.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2014, 22:03   #330
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
After how much you slagged her off last round this is pretty ****ing hilarious.
Lies, I didn't slag her off.
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 09:24   #331
jermain

jermain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mz is quite right that the bulk of the alliances mentioned have all had the same guys playing for them when in their heyday.

PA now is a pretty crap concept. Tick 1 we all start playing, then someone finds an excuse to justifying a block on Ultores (you attacked us 3 times in 6 hrs or something like that) and then everyone else who believes they have a chance of winning the round will jump on that bandwagon and pwn Ultores, to take them out the game. Roids dry up quickly, members get bored. Everyone stops hitting Ultores, Ultores hits back and takes a large clump of one alliances roids, suddenly they are a threat again and everyone jumps back on them. As so on and so forth until suddenly its tick 800-900 and one alliance realises they have let another get a 10 mill lead during this Ultbash and suddenly backstabs their whole block to go after that alliance. Ultores and any sympathisers from the lower teirs they have picked up in the 600 ticks of getting whumped then goes after one of these alliances to screw their chances of winning the round and it gets to tick 1176 and we end up with an alliance winning that is neither good enough stand alone defensively or stand alone offensive to compete at the highest levels.

This is the BEST post I have seen in years and sums up PA perfectly!

Kudos Kaiba.
jermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 10:26   #332
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Maybe this is a good moment to: IMPLEMENT THE OTHER SCORE SYSTEM FOR ALLIANCES. Score and value is fine for individual planet ranks or galaxy ranking. Alliance ranks however should not be measured by score, it should be measured by fleet activity, stealing roids, killing ships etc.

This way being active aliancewise is actually rewarding! You can still gangbang an alliance yes, but you actually have to be more active to beat them on the ally ranks. Everyone is happy this way, the crapper alliances gang still gangrape to ensure Ult doesnt get to much value compared to them, Ult stays happy because they can fend off these incs the best they can and retal fatties to gain more points.
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 10:31   #333
booji
a bucket

I have been wondering about what the alliance points is since the start of the round, anyone know how it is calculated? From what Cain says I presume it is currently meaningless?
It would pretty clearly put Ultores in the lead.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 11:08   #334
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
I have been wondering about what the alliance points is since the start of the round, anyone know how it is calculated? From what Cain says I presume it is currently meaningless?
It would pretty clearly put Ultores in the lead.
There is a thing somewhere on the forums that give the formula but the basics is that if your alliance lands on bigger alliances you get more points. So for example a hr would get more or landing on a faceless member than a faceless member would for landing on a hr planet. Also you get more points for forcing recalls from bigger alliances. Its why ult normally have a big alliance points score as when they are first they are forcing lots of recalls from #2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 alliances and when they are finally knocked back to 3rd or 4th and they take 5% of roids of #1 alliance they get more points for doing it
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 11:19   #335
Forest

isnt it usually ct that have the win if we go by alliance points. ult are usually not near the top.
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 11:35   #336
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
isnt it usually ct that have the win if we go by alliance points. ult are usually not near the top.
Since the History page does not seem to show alliance points (or at least not that I could see): top 5 with regards to points for the last 3 rounds:
  • round 54:
    • 193065 Best Korea
    • 185734 Vikings
    • 178837 NewDawn
    • 165068 Spore
    • 163983 The Fallen

• round 55:
    • 212981 Conspiracy
    • 211522 Best Korea
    • 176841 Howling Rain
    • 172307 Ultores
    • 144067 NewDawn

• round 56:
    • 279555 Spore
    • 169436 Conspiracy
    • 136546 NewDawn
    • 134165 Vikings
    • 130216 Howling Rain
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 11:42   #337
Forest

thank you, i thought so

kai just sees things through his rose coloured glasses.

from experience, for instance the last couple of rounds, ult dont tend to hit back against people who hit them who are bigger unless they can find a few friendly alliances to join them. they would much rather hit down the ranks.

infact, last round agar3s basically told the smaller alliances 'hit spore with us or we will just hit you' which is another reason why ult were so isolated last round, and why spore held such a commanding lead (its much easier to win friends when you are nicer to them )
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 12:28   #338
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Since the History page does not seem to show alliance points (or at least not that I could see): top 5 with regards to points for the last 3 rounds:
  • round 54:
    • 193065 Best Korea
    • 185734 Vikings
    • 178837 NewDawn
    • 165068 Spore
    • 163983 The Fallen

• round 55:
    • 212981 Conspiracy
    • 211522 Best Korea
    • 176841 Howling Rain
    • 172307 Ultores
    • 144067 NewDawn

• round 56:
    • 279555 Spore
    • 169436 Conspiracy
    • 136546 NewDawn
    • 134165 Vikings
    • 130216 Howling Rain

Notice how Best Korea is #1 r54 and #2 r55 take a moment and reflect on how useless and stupid showing that ranking is.

If you are clueless - consider that Best Korea is a tag of 1(!) planet. Now tell me how that ranking in any way shape or form is relevant to the discussion?
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 12:59   #339
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

pals pals pls, it's not about the current point system. It's about a different scoring system for alliance in general instead of the total score.
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 12:59   #340
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
Notice how Best Korea is #1 r54 and #2 r55 take a moment and reflect on how useless and stupid showing that ranking is.

If you are clueless - consider that Best Korea is a tag of 1(!) planet. Now tell me how that ranking in any way shape or form is relevant to the discussion?
I'm well aware of how useless the ranking is.
booji, Kaiba and Forest started 'speculating' about how the ranking would look and since the data does not seem to be available elsewhere I felt it was needed to add it.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 13:08   #341
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
I'm well aware of how useless the ranking is.
booji, Kaiba and Forest started 'speculating' about how the ranking would look and since the data does not seem to be available elsewhere I felt it was needed to add it.
No it's fine I was just giving an example to booji. I didn't actually keep a record or care to look for one. I would presume that in some of the rounds at the back end of the 40's ult and fang would have been up there tho.

If I remember correctly even my alliance was t3 for alliance points back when they started.

But agree that this system is massively a usable. Allowing an alliance like Heroes to free land on you in the last week if you were miles ahead would rack up there points a lot.
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 13:14   #342
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Ah this is annoying so true, I completely agree with you Kai, i feel dirty now :s

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 15:38   #343
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
thank you, i thought so

kai just sees things through his rose coloured glasses.

from experience, for instance the last couple of rounds, ult dont tend to hit back against people who hit them who are bigger unless they can find a few friendly alliances to join them. they would much rather hit down the ranks.

infact, last round agar3s basically told the smaller alliances 'hit spore with us or we will just hit you' which is another reason why ult were so isolated last round, and why spore held such a commanding lead (its much easier to win friends when you are nicer to them )
A lot of Ult players also solo or retall instead of helping out their friends on the allie raid

Unread 27 Jun 2014, 15:52   #344
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
A lot of Ult players also solo or retall instead of helping out their friends on the allie raid
Hardly any more than people in other alliances
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 16:06   #345
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Hardly any more than people in other alliances
Some allies dont even allow attacking outside raid.
Id say a lot of Ultores players are used to being allowed to more freedom

Unread 27 Jun 2014, 16:15   #346
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Some allies dont even allow attacking outside raid.
Id say a lot of Ultores players are used to being allowed to more freedom
Just cos they're not allowed, doesn't mean they don't do it.

Maybe that's why we usually do well, cos people aren't treated like children, like in certain other alliances..
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 16:50   #347
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:

Maybe that's why we usually do well, cos people aren't treated like children, like in certain other alliances..
You usualy aint doing well of late, maybe because there is no order

Unread 27 Jun 2014, 16:58   #348
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
You usualy aint doing well of late, maybe because there is no order
Or cos people can't be bothered playing at 110% activity fighting the same boring blocks round after round after round...

Rules are no different now from any other rounds
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 17:14   #349
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:

Semantics! I'm grounded

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2014, 17:15   #350
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

less speculation please