User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 11:05   #1
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Login Questions

Can we please stop having sums as login questions? I've never been any good at maths and the "what is the third letter in the following" type questions are much easier, mostly.

Another thing, to save me looking it up, not that I would know where to look, are "in-gal" attacks allowed this round? Just wondering.......

Oh yeah, looking at the Universe, it's obvious that farming has started already
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 11:13   #2
agrokid
Bean Bag

agrokid is an unknown quantity at this point
umm how can farming have started when we aint even out of protection?
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 11:13   #3
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Then this would be a great time to learn your Maths

(maybe the should open a official PLanetarion Math Course for the ppl who have problems with the login Questions :P)
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 11:14   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Login Questions

Quote:
Originally posted by sword

Oh yeah, looking at the Universe, it's obvious that farming has started already

retard
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 11:33   #5
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

I'm far too old to start learning maths so I now have a calculator sat next to my PC. It has big fat buttons so that I can use it when drunk.

About the farming thing, anybody who thinks my comment was anything other than a joke is, well, quite frankly, stupid, naive or both

I happen to be well aware that we are still under protection and therefore unable to launch our spaceships - I know because last night I tried to attack my Galactic Commander - he has plenty of asteroids to spare
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 11:37   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
About the farming thing, anybody who thinks my comment was anything other than a joke is, well, quite frankly, stupid, naive or both

I should have known, you've been posting **** jokes around since I can't even remember
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 11:38   #7
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
and nothing i ever said that made me look silly was serious. it was all just a big pun. you are the fools for believing it. rofltomato1on1n00bsetc...
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 12:05   #8
sword

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
I should have known, you've been posting **** jokes around since I can't even remember
4 Star jokes? Don't I get a 5 even?? hahaha i ownz JOO
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 12:21   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

heh heh heh heh heh
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 12:30   #10
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Can I get the DYB co-ords list, I need legitimate farms.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 13:01   #11
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
I like Sword
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 13:07   #12
Elfhelm
Polar Bear

Elfhelm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Can I get the DYB co-ords list, I need legitimate farms.
There's probably only about three playing.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 13:15   #13
sword

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfhelm
There's probably only about three playing.
No! Last night in #dyb, there were at least six active players! And I have a new friend lo SYMM

Besides, I'm trying really hard not to be a n00b this round, i have many asteroid, although i did initiate all metal ones to start with, which apparently, was a bad idea. I even went into my parallel irc channel (until they kicked me out )
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 14:46   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Here's my login nightmare number 1.

"If your poker hand has all cards in the same suit, the hand is called a"

Excuse me for being an ignorant Finn and having never played Poker in English. I have no idea what I am supposed to answer to that one. Of course I answered it wrong.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 14:47   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä

Excuse me for being an ignorant Finn and having never played Poker in English. I have no idea what I am supposed to answer to that one. Of course I answered it wrong.

omfg now you only had 9 tries left
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 16:54   #16
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä

never heard of a dictionary either?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 16:59   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Dictionarys now give you poker terms?
i need to see one of them...
and the answer(which i believe is 2-pairs, i had no feckin idea ) has many ways of typing it (2-pair, two pair, two pairs etc.- not actually sure which is the accepted one as i gave up)
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 17:40   #18
agrokid
Bean Bag

agrokid is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a flush isn't it, all cards in the same suit
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 18:55   #19
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Oh, i had a different poker question, I should read threads more carefully :0
I still probably wouldn't have known though
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:05   #20
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Re: Login Questions

Quote:
Can we please stop having sums as login questions? I've never been any good at maths and the "what is the third letter in the following" type questions are much easier, mostly
Are you kidding?
The math I can do while I'm still half sleeping, however my eyes aren't quite tuned in that fast so There's about 50% chance I read the wrong letter when I've just gotten out of bed and then an additional 10% chance that I miss the letter on the keyboard and don't notice it. The numpad is harder to miss on so the math questions are easier for me, although still I have to read the damn things.

trivia is easier!

I wish they spaced the letters further apart on the write the 2nd letter questions.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 22:34   #21
Velta
Amazing

Velta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
I like Sword
Velta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2003, 03:43   #22
Rappie

Rappie is an unknown quantity at this point
isnt it called a Royal flush??