User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 15:34   #1
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
oh dear, tell me you lot arenīt just jumping through 1UP`s hoop

As far as i can gather, 1UP organises (or helps at least) the taking down of top alliances and stays in a stronger than normal position to allow a late charge for the win. Please donīt be suckered into allowing a -70 man alliance to win the round.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 15:49   #2
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: oh dear, tell me you lot arenīt just jumping through 1UP`s hoop

why dont you go look at pilkara, sandmans or something.

Then post when you're informed.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 15:55   #3
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Indeed.

Also, taking down top alliances would make teh game more interesting rather than allowing someone to run off with it. And afaik, Mistu/LCH have been hitting 1up recently, Mistu are seemingly uninterested in doing anything to stop LCH from easily winning the round, despite teh fact if they had the balls to do anything, they'd likely have the full support of several top allies (HR, ND, 1up for starters?) and likely be able to do anything.

NOTE: I don't speak for ND or anyone when I say this, I'm a n00b, I don't actually know what's really going on, I just like talking
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 15:56   #4
waassaa
unknown to all

lol, i have looked...couple of bad days or good ones donīt lose or win a round...you guys have best avg. score and second best avg. roid count.

Feel free to reply when you are informed.

Thanks

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:03   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1up are getting hit by LCH and Mistu.

Mistu are unwilling to hit LCH.

Unless someone co-ordinates a big bashing of LCH, they win the round by miles and become untouchable, making the round far less fun than if 1up steam up from behind and narrowly win after many close fought wars.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:04   #6
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

LCH are currently running away from everybody.

1up is losing ground day after day.

It's your type of thinking that is allowing LCH to coast to victory.

Get over your hate, and see the real picture.

Quote:
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:08   #7
Gate
;D!

AW is very right.

What makes LCH winning the round easily so much better than 1up narrowly winning a round despite having less players?
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:16   #8
waassaa
unknown to all

Azure, I am not saying who should win the round, i am saying people shouldnīt let 1UP manipulate them, in previous rounds 1UP or any alliance with a smaller member base would have been farmed by larger alliances (if 2 alliances attack you guys at the same time your def will not cover), the only thing stopping this happening is good propoganda and politics on the part of 1UP command.
its good that the alliances are going solo, and 1UP command have alot of credit to take for that, however the plan this round is easy to see through, split the alliances at will, use them to keep eachother "reachable" to 1UP, then make a late bid for the #1 spot, and claim the round with only 69* members.
Nice if you get away with it, although I hope the other alliances grind you into the ground for being so arrogant (not you, but your alliance).

As Sid proved last round (respect), he doesnīt play to lose.

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:17   #9
Gate
;D!

I really don't care; 1up are one of the few alliances capable of organising such a thing on such a grand scale... I'm glad they're keeping other alliances reachable and it's made for one of the most fun rounds I've had.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:28   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally I'd suggest that LCH are in a stronger position than 1up right now. But I'm like that, I see things like one alliance with 50% more score and 65% more roids and I get all "factual". As per usual this round requires HC to think on their own instead of accepting (seriously over-rated) stated propaganda lines.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:39   #11
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
LCH are currently running away from everybody.

1up is losing ground day after day.

It's your type of thinking that is allowing LCH to coast to victory.

Get over your hate, and see the real picture.

LCH's "coast to victory" is 1up's defeat.

It is therefore in your interest to play up to this position.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:46   #12
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
LCH's "coast to victory" is 1up's defeat.

It is therefore in your interest to play up to this position.
we arent playing to win the round, as stated many times, whether or not people choose to believe that is another matter tho.

We had a hard fought battle vs LCH, for that period of time neither alliance really grew at all and MISTU took the roidlead, but was cnutted b4 they could achieve #1 (due to their bad choices).

It's in MISTU's, HR's or anybody else's best interest to play up to the position if they want to win.

Quote:
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:48   #13
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
we arent playing to win the round, as stated many times, whether or not people choose to believe that is another matter tho.

We had a hard fought battle vs LCH, for that period of time neither alliance really grew at all and MISTU took the roidlead, but was cnutted b4 they could achieve #1 (due to their bad choices).

It's in MISTU's, HR's or anybody else's best interest to play up to the position if they want to win.

Maybe I should have added that is is also in 1up's intererst to persuade others to play up to this position ?
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:50   #14
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Maybe I should have added that is is also in 1up's intererst to persuade others to play up to this position ?
may I ask how is it in our best interests? If we were trying to win, then yes.

But in our situation, I dont see it.

However, we all want to have an enjoyable round, whether we're trying to win or not.

Quote:
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:57   #15
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

waasaa is ex-LCH is he not?? so expect him to want ppl to hit 1up and not LCH
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 16:58   #16
Judge
Doh!

Quote:

However, we all want to have an enjoyable round, whether we're trying to win or not.

That is if we actually believe your propoganda?

Personally I dont.

There are lies and damn lies, the later description fits the bill where it comes to anything out of 1up.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 17:00   #17
Gate
;D!

Quote:
That is if we actually believe your propoganda?

Personally I dont.

There are lies and damn lies, the later description fits the bill where it comes to anything out of 1up.
The whole point is, I'm pretty sure I'd have a far more enjoyable round if LCH were pegged back and 1up won. From this position, it would mean we'd get some damn good wars going in order to bring LCH down.

If we let LCH run off with the round, it'll suck.

I simply can't see why people are so short sighted :/
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 17:06   #18
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
The whole point is, I'm pretty sure I'd have a far more enjoyable round if LCH were pegged back and 1up won. From this position, it would mean we'd get some damn good wars going in order to bring LCH down.

If we let LCH run off with the round, it'll suck.

I simply can't see why people are so short sighted :/
shortsightness abounds

i guess im done with this thread.

Quote:
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 17:06   #19
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

I suppose majority of ppl are more happy to see LCH winning the round rather than 1up simply based on the fact 1up ruled last round

So as 1up seem unable to harm LCH on their own I doubt anything will stop LCH from winning now.

It's just too bad round is still 1.5 months to go
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 17:09   #20
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
shortsightness abounds

i guess im done with this thread.
Yes, it's always a good idea to stop digging when your up to your neck in it.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 17:28   #21
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

I have the fullest respect for 1up. And it would be good if people stopped slandering them on every occasion simply because they are better players.

A change in the T5 would be nice to see, rather than a stagnation. see if we can break the habit of the last 12 rounds.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 17:31   #22
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
I suppose majority of ppl are more happy to see LCH winning the round rather than 1up simply based on the fact 1up ruled last round
Not really.. Don't wanna see LCH running away with an easy victory like it looks like now. Growing fast in average roid and score atm.. I'd be more happy to see them win if they fought hard for it and not by no resistance.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 17:40   #23
waassaa
unknown to all

Brimstone,
i think you will find alot of people have respect for the playing ability of 1UP (myself included), however thier propoganda and politics leave alot to be desired. As i stated in the opening post, I donīt want people in HC positions in the other alliances to be led a fairy dance. yes they should fight for top spot, but they shouldnīt allow themselves to be manipulated.

On that note, if 1UP or any other alliance has so many roids compared to member count, i donīt understand why the top alliances have not targeted them more, it must be quite obvious that with less members they will also have less defence ships.
The roids that they are holding are the differances between 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 1st place.

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:14   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by waassaa
it must be quite obvious that with less members they will also have less defence ships.
And lesser members to defend
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:20   #25
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
And lesser members to defend
?

The point is, if a 100 man alliance attacks a 65 man alliance, they can cover all targets and double on quite a few, therefore "less members to defend" doesnīt apply does it. This doesnīt work the other way around however.

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:26   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As far as i can gather, 1UP organises (or helps at least) the taking down of top alliances and stays in a stronger than normal position to allow a late charge for the win. Please donīt be suckered into allowing a -70 man alliance to win the round.
As someone who isn't in 1up, is well aware of the threat 1up pose - this is no more than a shit propaganda post.

LCH (your mates) are currently building up a nice lead and are heading off into the distance because certain alliances are too paranoid and proud to try and win the round (when they could well do so) by going for LCH in a coordinated fashion. This is the stage of the round where growth starts to come more into play, and the clock is ticking, action needs to be taken fast.

1up could be taken down at any time later - I'm sure they know that with the numbers they have, yet they're still trying, because like any other alliance - they could have 4 alliances on them and it's game over.

I don't hate LCH, nor do I like 1up too much - what i'm saying is what makes sense to me.

Like i've said in a previous thread:

The choice is let LCH win, or give 4 or 5 alliances a chance of winning.

Last round the choice was let 1up win or give yourself a chance of winning. People seemed to choose the former.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:35   #27
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

You can only win if you do not allow anyone else to win.

This means that an alliance must risk 1up winning if they want to win on their own. There is nothing stopping mistu, HR and ND from joining 1up in taking down LCH, then turning around and twatting 1up right back. However, they have to believe that they can beat 1up to do so. There is nothing to fear but fear itself, because fear is the mindkiller.

That said, this is probably a case of the 'enemy of my enemy, is my friend'. That is, LCH are hitting 1up, 1up is our enemy, so it's ok that LCH will win.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:38   #28
waassaa
unknown to all

lokken, i agree with you in full, yes i would like to see LCH win, but I would prefer to see them win after a long hard round.

The original post is somewhat anti 1UP i guess, but so be it.
The original point remains the same, donīt let 1UP dictate whats happening, the "larger" alliances donīt need them to battle for #1.
However if they allow them to grow while they battle it out for the #1 spot (which was happening at one point) then UP1 will step in and take the round.

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:38   #29
Judge
Doh!

I find it ammusing that nearly everyone has said (in one way or another) that the choices amongst others are to "let LCH win" ?

There is no LET.

LCH are taking the chance in both hands and attempting to win, if they fail, then that is within their own domain,.

1up think they are the King Makers in this game (Sid's words) maybe the King Makers are those that crown themselves?

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:43   #30
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish Jester would make a WTF is Mistu/VGN doing thread. I dunno if they are scared or just dunno what they themselves are doing at the moment.

1up is doing what 1up wants and this thread is crap. Any alliance that is being "duped" by 1up well that is their own fault. I think people are well aware not to ever underestimate 1up or rather Sids ability. Let the alliances make up their own minds by round 12 I do not think they need their hand held.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 18:47   #31
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:

So, you are saying that if all alliances will attack LCH in stead of 1up (What a couple are doing) 1up doesn't benefit at all.. Cause if you do not want to win this round. You can be better kingmakers with less incoming, right?

To stop me from making a total stupid post again. I do agree that there are some REALLY REALLY stupid people doing politics this round, and they ain't in mine alliance or 1up.

But till now this round is fun, so stupid politics or not, it's a fun round.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 19:00   #32
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

The fact that some ppl still thinks that 1up can win shows how paranoid the human mind can get.

1up neither try or can win this round and the very flawed propaganda by the thread starter is thankfully easily seen through by most.

If the major alliances desides to strike against LCH its not be course they have been manipulated by 1up. Its be course they chose to do so and they do so be course it makes sense. Its the only way they have any chance of winning.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 19:31   #33
Gate
;D!

I wouldn't mind it if ND was manipulated by 1up to hit LCH, as long as it made the round more interesting.

We could always hit 1up later if we were 2nd and 1up first, or us 1st and 1up second, though that's unlikely as HR/MISTU/VGN are either just as good or better at growth than we are, or too damn pussy to have a go at LCH (assuming 1up/ND were to co-ordinate on LCH)
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 19:47   #34
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

1up is still almost tied with LCH for average score - whilst other alliances say mistu is gaining 4% more roids than lch during these 2-3 days that 1up are loosing a few roids. hence, they are outroiding lch inch by inch and at the same time - brining down the kingmakers by which some alliances refuse to accept that it's 1up's role for the round.

I dont know - dont flame me. But maybe, what they want is to eliminate the threat - then outroid or outblock lch after 1up is down to the ground.

Nonetheless, even the numbers in pilkara doesn't state that lch is running away tht far (100+ roids vs. mistu's average) and 1up had already lost.

The point is - They may have a different approach or strategy in still winning the round even 1up is already down. It's probably not that, if 1up lost - they already lost with them and lch is a sure win.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 20:00   #35
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Any monkey can see that LCH is in a far better position than 1up. The 'fear' of 1up is simply being used to LCH's advantage. Perhaps this thread should be not to let LCH manipulate other alliances fears and overestimate 1up's abilities - I bet LCH would prefer it if 1up was beaten down enough so LCH had no threat to their position.

1up isn't magical. We're an alliance just like anyone else, and have our own strengths and weaknesses. I find the accusation against us for dirty politics and such to be total slander - as surely we could have simply blocked up from the beginning this round and deadlocked this game into another series of mindless block wars? Our only 'politics' this round have clearly been to make the game more fun for our members and to survive in a competative environment.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 20:04   #36
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

How many blocks this round are there? We have the Mistu/VGN/VSN thing going down but what else do we have out there?

To stay on topic: I think 1up before the round is over will reveal that they in fact are LCH in disguise clearly fooling all to think LCH played this round when it was 1up the entire time just they were unable to have all the people who are LCH tag 1up because of the member cap. Conspiracy theory? I think not!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 20:05   #37
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I like the way 1up organised a hit on itself last night to make sure they didn't get too far ahead in terms of average roid count, well done guys glad to see you're making it fun for everyone. If 1up wanted to win the round they'd simply recruit 30 more planets and tear LCH to shreds, fact is they don’t want to win they just want to have fun, I don't know where all this “Sid only plays to win” rubbish has come from, after winning half a dozen times it gets rather boring, he’s playing the game from a different angel as a king maker alliance to try and have fun. Most of the people who are playing seem to be enjoying the fact 1up are trying to keep things fresh I don’t understand why a bunch of retired players keep popping up screaming “Oh noes you’re being manipulated and 1up will storm from behind and snatch a win”. 1up aren’t going to win, there was never much chance of that happening, it would however be a shame if other alliances continue to be too spineless to go for a win, Mistu really is proving why I was justified laughing at them, not enough bottle to step up to the plate and take a win for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
waasaa is ex-LCH is he not?? so expect him to want ppl to hit 1up and not LCH
Well put Colt, it never ceases to amaze me when old HC under the impression they're still relevant pop up thinking they can still influence the course of the round and aid their old alliance to glory. Then have the gaul to tell Officers who are in the thick of the fighting to get informed.

Last edited by Hicks; 14 Nov 2004 at 20:17.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 20:28   #38
Gate
;D!

I have to say, Mistu's policy has seemed downright stupid, and completely balless.

They completely deserved what they got last week, and I hope it happens to them again. Which is a pity, since Mistu have some sexy members
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 21:14   #39
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The roids that they are holding are the differances between 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 1st place.

1 LCH 102906 99 1.796.811 177.884.333
2 MISTU 76011 93 1.527.132 142.023.342
3 Howling Rain 69730 98 1.311.639 128.540.639
4 NewDawn 73614 96 1.297.882 124.596.701
5 1up 60255 66 1.798.431 118.696.487

There is a 27000 roid difference between mistu and lch. Unless you picture 1up's defense to completely fold.....the roids we hold will not make a difference between first and second.

People complained last round how 1up was twice the size of its nearest competitors. Same is happening this round. People are too blinded by hate and jealousy to realize this. Last round 1up showed the pa universe a new format of play. Some have realized that they could have played better, others have not. Those have not continue to whine about "omg liek 1up is propaganda liek evil they will win unless we take them out!!!".

edit....1 hr of sleep...so i failed grade 4 math

Last edited by starbreeze; 14 Nov 2004 at 21:23.
starbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 21:18   #40
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbreeze
1 LCH 102906 99 1.796.811 177.884.333
2 MISTU 76011 93 1.527.132 142.023.342
3 Howling Rain 69730 98 1.311.639 128.540.639
4 NewDawn 73614 96 1.297.882 124.596.701
5 1up 60255 66 1.798.431 118.696.487

There is a 36000 roid difference between mistu and lch. Unless you picture 1up's defense to completely fold.....the roids we hold will not make a difference between first and second.
103000 - 76000 = 27000

but it stays clear that noone can win by beating the alliances below them, but above them!
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 21:30   #41
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lch is number #1 alliance... #1 in roids... #1 in average roids... #1 in average score... But lets not get fooled... Lets make sure 1up stays down...
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 22:25   #42
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
lokken, i agree with you in full, yes i would like to see LCH win, but I would prefer to see them win after a long hard round.

The original point remains the same, donīt let 1UP dictate whats happening, the "larger" alliances donīt need them to battle for #1.
However if they allow them to grow while they battle it out for the #1 spot (which was happening at one point) then UP1 will step in and take the round.
1up will never be more that 2/3 of other alliances member count.. And can not take the round like last round. It was a struggle for a while until we finally managed to secure the #1 position. We won't make it with 1/3 less members. And besides it is easier to take down 1up then Lch cause of the number of members.. But if Lch get a gain like 1up did last round.. noone will be able to take them.. Time is on Lch's side.. the longer they are not targeted and the more time other alliances use to battle among themself the more secure Lch will get up there.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 08:38   #43
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Lch is number #1 alliance... #1 in roids... #1 in average roids... #1 in average score... But lets not get fooled... Lets make sure 1up stays down...
And we will.....

I hope 1up is gonna try and start there role as kingmakers pretty soon. Till now nothing has been done. Only common attacking on the #1 LCH and #1 in roids Mistu which is normal and done every round. I haven't seen this Kingmakers role yet, and do hope it's still to come. I like wars, I don't mind my alliance/gal to get hit and I don't mind blocking vs the #1. Mistu plays it their way atm, so if 1up wants to be the Kingmakers, get started..
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 09:40   #44
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
And we will.....

I hope 1up is gonna try and start there role as kingmakers pretty soon. Till now nothing has been done. Only common attacking on the #1 LCH and #1 in roids Mistu which is normal and done every round. I haven't seen this Kingmakers role yet, and do hope it's still to come. I like wars, I don't mind my alliance/gal to get hit and I don't mind blocking vs the #1. Mistu plays it their way atm, so if 1up wants to be the Kingmakers, get started..
Ok - I have a sweet idea. While we are getting countless LCH/mistu/vsn incoming and you lot are all avoiding hitting them like the plague what we'll do is defend ourselves and take everyone out and we shall kingmake SiN to the #1 spot.

Got a brush? I'll stick it up my arse and sweep the floor too.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 09:42   #45
CeeRo
[SiN]

CeeRo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Ok - I have a sweet idea. While we are getting countless LCH incoming and you lot are all avoiding hitting them like the plague what we'll do is defend ourselves and take everyone out and we shall kingmake SiN to the #1 spot.

Ait, go for it
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 10:55   #46
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Ok - I have a sweet idea. While we are getting countless LCH/mistu/vsn incoming and you lot are all avoiding hitting them like the plague what we'll do is defend ourselves and take everyone out and we shall kingmake SiN to the #1 spot.

Got a brush? I'll stick it up my arse and sweep the floor too.
precisely, people think we're magical fairies who can do anything with the wave of a wand, i mean wtf?

Quote:
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 11:34   #47
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it up to LCH to change?

P.S.
Azure mate, your avator sucks but then so did ViruS

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 11:48   #48
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

but Stiflers avatar rocks \o/ when he learns to make one :/

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:29   #49
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are a bit paranoid there. 1up does not dictate the politics of the other allliances, which is why LCH has such a comfortable lead at the moment. If it was up to 1up, LCH would have been hit and leveled to #2 or #3 alliance long time ago. It was MISTU who, unwillingly, saved LCHs ass actually, by hitting both 1up and LCH while they were at war, which forced 1up and LCH to stop hte hostilities and have some payback at MISTU.
What's happening now is that even the least bright HC can see that hitting 1up and letting LCH expand their roid lead night after night is a _very_ stupid idea. If the last round has taught us anything, is that once an alliance gains enough score / value and looks powerful enough, it has the power to threat other alliances and keep them from attacking them. ("You attack us, you lose your planet Nap, bye bye rank, etc"). Luckily, there are seasoned players who know this, and speak up on forums, and quite some of them are 1up. Ofc 1up has some interests behind hitting LCH, but being #1 is out of every equation. Maybe they would like to be top 3? And they would have earned it the hard way.
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 12:35   #50
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I like the way 1up organised a hit on itself last night to make sure they didn't get too far ahead in terms of average roid count, well done guys glad to see you're making it fun for everyone. If 1up wanted to win the round they'd simply recruit 30 more planets and tear LCH to shreds, fact is they don’t want to win they just want to have fun, I don't know where all this “Sid only plays to win” rubbish has come from, after winning half a dozen times it gets rather boring, he’s playing the game from a different angel as a king maker alliance to try and have fun. Most of the people who are playing seem to be enjoying the fact 1up are trying to keep things fresh I don’t understand why a bunch of retired players keep popping up screaming “Oh noes you’re being manipulated and 1up will storm from behind and snatch a win”. 1up aren’t going to win, there was never much chance of that happening, it would however be a shame if other alliances continue to be too spineless to go for a win, Mistu really is proving why I was justified laughing at them, not enough bottle to step up to the plate and take a win for themselves.
More selfpretentious bull$hit I have yet to witness?