User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 17:53   #51
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Re: Hats off to 1up

Thunder, don't be a bitter twat mate! You are better than that. Right?

I am really enjoying this round! Let's keep the ships flying people!
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:03   #52
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

I'm also really enjoying the round. But that's because the fact we have loads of wars, no big defined blocks. A lot of options are still open and I like it in my gal / alliance. I think I got some anti 1up thing in my head.. I stop making useless posts, cause we all think different anyway.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 18:20   #53
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

One could argue the point of there not being "big defined blocks", but that would probably just lead to trouble now wouldn't it.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 01:21   #54
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Really? Since when did you become 1up HC and privvy to our meetings/discussions?
Wouldn't you like to know?
Quote:
We haven't been gunning for number 1 this round and we even told our membership that. We could have easily gotten to #1 this round if we had simply kept our membership numbers up - hell, look at our position without those extra members.
Take away all the inactive planets in those alliances going for number 1, and you get around the same member base as 1up

Note: not saying 1up has inactives, however, they do have less on average
Quote:
I'm sorry if Mistu feel so threatened by us, but we would have been a sucky kingmaker alliance if we had sat back and let LCH and/or Mistu speed away in their victory.
You did make a 'sucky' kingmaker ... well ... no, you king'd LCH ... because MISTU was such a huge threat to #1 when we had 10k more roids then LCH, now check the count
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 01:43   #55
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
You did make a 'sucky' kingmaker ... well ... no, you king'd LCH ... because MISTU was such a huge threat to #1 when we had 10k more roids then LCH, now check the count
Mistu shoot themselves in the foot when they desided to target both lch and 1up while they was occupied fighting eachother. It shouldnt surprice anyone that either 1up or lch could accept that for long!
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 02:55   #56
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Wouldn't you like to know?
Take away all the inactive planets in those alliances going for number 1, and you get around the same member base as 1up

Note: not saying 1up has inactives, however, they do have less on average

Poor first comment, try better Psi.

And why dont you just remove those 30 odd inactives you have if they're all inactives? I think we already know the answer.

Funnily enough Mistu was outgrowing everyone else every night during the war, so what do you expect? We are 'sucky' because we knocked you from outgrowing LCH. Oh well. I doubt we really need to go into details of current targettings, do we?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 03:01   #57
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Poor first comment, try better Psi.
I'm bored leave me be
Quote:
And why dont you just remove those 30 odd inactives you have if they're all inactives? I think we already know the answer.
I aint an officer anymore, I stepped down, didn't have it in me this round, so I don't want to project much of my opinions to the HC without some sort of work for them
Quote:
Funnily enough Mistu was outgrowing everyone else every night during the war, so what do you expect? We are 'sucky' because we knocked you from outgrowing LCH. Oh well. I doubt we really need to go into details of current targettings, do we?
What better strategy was there? Attack someone else and just hope 1up do enough damage to LCH so we would slowly out grow them?
You know that's not very tactical Zhil.
Either way, 2-3 alliances targeting us in many waves in one night will ruin any alliance, though I wonder if LCH will see this
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:34   #58
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I
Either way, 2-3 alliances targeting us in many waves in one night will ruin any alliance, though I wonder if LCH will see this
LCH has seen this m8.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:41   #59
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

everyone has.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 14:54   #60
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm bored leave me be

The way I saw it, was 5 alliances in 2 nights, 2 on the first night, then 3 more on the second.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 15:36   #61
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Mitsu giving up because they lost 10% two nights in a row is understandable, but in my opinion it was the wrong decision. They basically stated for th record that they didn't believe they had the quality for more than a second place.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 15:58   #62
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

this is my first round in mistu and i dont think ive ever seen such a bad defensive effort from a top ranked alliance. i really dont beleive 1/2 of the members care about winning. Tbh its frustrating when 1/2 the alliance is carrying the other half.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:34   #63
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

And what, as a member, would u say when ur alliance decides not to hit certaon alliances in an atempt to win, but instead choose to hit everyone who had previoulsy hit a hc gal?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:47   #64
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Mistu`s policy to let everybody else target LCH so that mistu could get easy roids from the rest must be a plan made by a mastemind. I mean, its not like any alliance would hit back if they was hit by mistu?

Mistu`s policy this round must be the most naive and missguided policy I have ever seen from any alliance. You cant win with n00bs controlling politics and you seldom win while acting like a coward. MISTU have done both.

Pld

Last edited by Treveler; 12 Nov 2004 at 18:01.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:59   #65
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
And what, as a member, would u say when ur alliance decides not to hit certaon alliances in an atempt to win, but instead choose to hit everyone who had previoulsy hit a hc gal?
I would say it was bad strategical/tactical planning and ruining chances of your alliances growth..
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 18:06   #66
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
I would say it was bad strategical/tactical planning and ruining chances of your alliances growth..

But would u say that to ur hc, and demand action, or sit back and accpet less
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 18:24   #67
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
But would u say that to ur hc, and demand action, or sit back and accpet less
Colt actually has said this and suggested an alterior plan. Ive yet to see it put into action.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:00   #68
Legion

Legion is an unknown quantity at this point

I think 1up are being big headed and not taking any more members in their allaince. Mostly all the old school players are in 1up they should take some new players and train them up like other allainces have done.

Remember 1up you have the reputation but you also need to keep up the respect from others!

You can’t put your hat off to a alliance that gives themselves a disadvantage, we all know 1up are a good alliance stop the sucking up.
1up have done very to reach the top 5 but the message I’m getting from them is simply “ we can do it just without half as many people as other alliances, look how great we are…”
I think LCH have done superbly they have had a lot of incomings from other alliances to put them down.

Last edited by Legion; 13 Nov 2004 at 12:11. Reason: More :p?
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 16:02   #69
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion
I think 1up are being big headed and not taking any more members in their allaince. Mostly all the old school players are in 1up they should take some new players and train them up like other allainces have done.
Last round, 1up took in a group of roughly a dozen NEW players (added to our tag I might add). It wasnt midround either, If i remember correctly it was towards the start. The group was called RWS (Running With Scissors, from that other game, umm, DG? or something). So, we did take in new players and trained them. Just recently we also took in some n00bs from Pr0nstars as well

People think they know everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 08:59   #70
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
Last round, 1up took in a group of roughly a dozen NEW players (added to our tag I might add). It wasnt midround either, If i remember correctly it was towards the start. The group was called RWS (Running With Scissors, from that other game, umm, DG? or something). So, we did take in new players and trained them. Just recently we also took in some n00bs from Pr0nstars as well

People think they know everything
You only took us in , because you wanted to get your hands on our archive of application videos.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 11:09   #71
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Remember 1up you have the reputation but you also need to keep up the respect from others!

You can’t put your hat off to a alliance that gives themselves a disadvantage, we all know 1up are a good alliance stop the sucking up.
1up have done very to reach the top 5 but the message I’m getting from them is simply “ we can do it just without half as many people as other alliances, look how great we are…”
I think LCH have done superbly they have had a lot of incomings from other alliances to put them down.
The whole point is that 1up would be perfectly effective at training up n00bs and have the administration and so on required to help them grow and so on. This is, if they have the same criteria as other top5 allies. We've seen what happened when 1up had a near full memberbase, if they grew above this, they'd lose other alliances' respect as they've broken a pledge they've made.

Playing as kingmakers is a very interesting and tactical game as opposed to steamrollering everyone near the end of round once you've won as 1up did last round (I've been playing as Kingmakers in Rome: Total War recently after I'd got bored of conquering Europe for the 6th time in a row; it's far more fun ).

And yes, 1up can do it with 2/3rds of the members of other alliances. They are a leet alliance, it's obvious..

Also, this round has been perhaps the most fun one I've played, despite my gal being mostly idle
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 04:42   #72
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
why 69? why not a nice round 70
please tell me your joking?

Quote:
1up may take brand new players who show exceptional potential? im not sure on that, just a thought.
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 18:18   #73
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Actually, we have taken a few new players at HC discretion. We also took in a small wing of an alliance from a different game called Running with Scissors. They were by all definitions new to planetarion. But we did give them a chance inside and "train them up".
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 18:27   #74
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Are any of them still in 1up now?
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 19:18   #75
jerome

Most of them quit midway or nearing the end of last round, a couple still like the game and wish to play again, but took this round out and I wouldn`t be surprised if they were back next round. With us ofcourse.