User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2006, 10:28   #101
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: This thread was started by JBG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Woah, out of the loop there. However, for the time being I'll still associate him with Angels, and it's highly likely that he'll continue to post in favour of Angels even if he's not a part this round.

This was "How not to attempt PR", brought to you by Mek. Grammar and punctuation, dudes!
Wrong i post for noone but myself, rather than spouting utter bollocks and jumping the gun(aren't you a mod?) you are really starting to cheese me off. So stop slapping your forehead, goto the PM function and ask me what you wish to know
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 10:29   #102
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
indeed, im speaking from an outside p.o.v.
Whilst its true I have a planet, it is not true that i play for anyone. Classic jumping the gun, furball, classic jumping the gun<3
Shush dear. Just because you're not in Angels doesn't mean that your posting automatically stops being pro-Angels. I'd be worried if it did, since it'd cast aspersions on your committment as an ex-Angels HC (not that I am casting any such aspersions).

EDIT: woah mega spammorz

Quote:
Wrong i post for noone but myself, rather than spouting utter bollocks and jumping the gun(aren't you a mod?) you are really starting to cheese me off. So stop slapping your forehead, goto the PM function and ask me what you wish to know
Yes, I'm a mod. That's why my sig says "Alliance Recruitment mod". It's there to remind me that I am, because I have long-term memory loss (or do I? I forget). However, my being a mod affects nothing except my e-penis size, which is tiny anyway because it's the inverse of my actual penis :dong:

And what JBG said.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 10:29   #103
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You don't have to be actually in an alliance to post pr for them.
Whilst this is true, its not who I am, im simply an outsider with his own p.o.v.

Quote:
Shush dear. Just because you're not in Angels doesn't mean that your posting automatically stops being pro-Angels. I'd be worried if it did, since it'd cast aspersions on your committment as an ex-Angels HC (not that I am casting any such aspersions).
If that be the case, I should just stay lurking in the background
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 10:36   #104
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Whilst this is true, its not who I am, im simply an outsider with his own p.o.v.
One that is probably still linked to Angels in one way or another

Quote:
If that be the case, I should just stay lurking in the background
Don't, we need more activity on here, 1up's games have made AD boring. Perhaps we should start accusing Omen of cheating, then it'd feel like the good old days again!
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 10:44   #105
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Have you never once considered the possibility that he might just be posting his own opinion? You dont have to be Biased towards anyone for that. And knowing Alki, if it was Angels who were attempting things which he found distasteful, I know he wouldnt hesitate to call Kj up on it.

Dont judge everyone by your own 'biased' opinion, You want him to be posting for Angels so you can use that as the reason to ignore what he is saying, It might be difficult to post in a neutral voice, but it isnt impossible.

And before you say im, biased towards Angels as well, Not everyone who does not agree with you is working against you, or that what they say does not have any element of truth within it.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 11:17   #106
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Last round and the round before that proved that the only ones that gains methodically from someone warring is the ones who isnt warring on either sides but are free to roam around doing what they want themselves.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 11:31   #107
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Last round and the round before that proved that the only ones that gains methodically from someone warring is the ones who isnt warring on either sides but are free to roam around doing what they want themselves.
Actually what it really proved was that getting into excessively costly wars is not a good idea. Most people could have told you this once they learned about logic. It's just the point at which wars become costly which most people don't understand. It's like risk really!
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 11:47   #108
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: f-crew FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg
Wakey try to type an essay and how to get the facts straight first and before you post something on the forum! Cause you have no idea how off you are here!
It was a general observation so facts on this specific event arent needed. It doesnt matter if in this event SiN and Orbit ran interferance or not, its still something that happens almost every single round and it suprises me how often alliances take it up.

At some point in this round you can almost guarantee a top alliance will go to some alliances lower down and say "Do you want a nap" and then upon agreeing they will start suggesting targets and launch times to them
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 11:53   #109
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: Who versus who in the PA merry-go-round!

Quote:
when was Mek allowed to take the high ground?
although i wasnt taking the moral highground at all, perhaps you would like to expand on why i shouldnt be allowed?

Edited - determining trolling is the job of the moderator, not the user

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by lokken; 28 Apr 2006 at 12:10.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 12:09   #110
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Simply being retired does not draw away from any suggestion that you might post in favour of one party or another. If I'm in the firing line for such behaviour, I doubt Alki is immune either. The fact is when you've been part of an alliance for a long time, it comes with the territory.

Quote:
Last round was a bit of a freak. Infact the most successful alliance on normal terms were 1up who were able to slug it out and lasted a barbaric campaign to remove any doubt that they were the best alliance in the game on the military front and would have won on their own but for Asc. It is possible to fight your way out of trouble as well as playing politics and I'd say the top 3 and Angels and 1up are more than capable of doing both.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 13:04   #111
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Simply being retired does not draw away from any suggestion that you might post in favour of one party or another. If I'm in the firing line for such behaviour, I doubt Alki is immune either. The fact is when you've been part of an alliance for a long time, it comes with the territory.
I don't deny it, nor wish to be immune from it. All I did was state that the original post was my own p.o.v

Quote:
One that is probably still linked to Angels in one way or another
A link you seem to be blowing out of proportion on this matter
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 15:33   #112
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

I just have this feeling; this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach...

... That 1up is going to take advantage of this rather volatile situation, and when they eventually do so, it seems almost as if though none of us are going to see it coming. Heads up, guys, 1up's not gonna throw us one single bone to suck on, if we eliminate each other. LETS BLOCK AGAINST 1up!

lol

Anyway, back on topic. Politics of PA. Nap'ing, blocking and what-have-we. One side accusing the other of doing what they themselves are being accused of, and both sides denying being implicated in any of it; kinda blows the whole case skyhigh and brings back memories of the exact same scenario repeatedly showing its ugly face - round - after round - after round.

And what do we all end up concluding? None of us are the good guys (although we like to think so about ourselves), and usually we're all implicated. It's a small(ish) universe, which forces us almost to hit our immediate neighbour, which means Omen & Angels, or rather Insomnia or NewDawn. With 4-5 allies of almost the same strenght, naps, allies, blocks - and once again, what-have-we, are almost unavoidable. And really - whats the fuzz about... AREN'T WE ALL HAVING FUN FFS?! I KNOW I AM!

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...

Last edited by Illmaticks; 28 Apr 2006 at 15:51.
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 15:58   #113
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wasn't it you my waffle buddy who wanted to bring block wars back?

(yes yes double posting is bad, naughty alki!)
I've always been in favour of blockwars, they make much more sence than having everyone gang on eachother. Though the old blocks never had a plan on how to go on when they had beat the opposite block, hence the game stagnated. Blocks are now frowned upon

I doubt we'll ever see the good old superblocks again either, the game is very different now.

Waffels <3

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:03   #114
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Oh, and for the people sending me threats without assigning your names. If you live in england and want to follow through on your threats, Pm me, I will give you my address, and you can come round and try your luck.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:08   #115
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Oh, and for the people sending me threats without assigning your names. If you live in england and want to follow through on your threats, Pm me, I will give you my address, and you can come round and try your luck.
lol, i like you. Brute force often works better than empty threats

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:08   #116
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
The internet is for random slander, not threats of violence and protestations of strength. I advise joining a gym for repressed homosexuals.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:11   #117
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
R15 eXilition won after being in more wars than anybody.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:16   #118
furball

If your rep is unduly abusive them PM JBG, Wakey or JammyJim about it. Don't moan about it on the boards because this rarely has positive consequences.

Quote:
Actually what it really proved was that getting into excessively costly wars is not a good idea. Most people could have told you this once they learned about logic. It's just the point at which wars become costly which most people don't understand. It's like risk really!
Kargool knows that as much as anyone else, especially after the debacle that was the VGN-TGV war of Round 16. I don't think he's specifically open to criticism here.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:17   #119
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
R15 eXilition won after being in more wars than anybody.
An exception to the rule. Think back to the Insomnia-LCH war of Round 14 and the VGN-TGV war of Round 16 - both were great examples of other alliances profiting from two alliances warring.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:20   #120
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Kargool knows that as much as anyone else, especially after the debacle that was the VGN-TGV war of Round 16. I don't think he's specifically open to criticism here.
Then he shouldn't phrase it like that. The idea that fighting a war at any time is bad policy is, at best, unenlightened.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 16:28   #121
furball

Quote:
Then he shouldn't phrase it like that. The idea that fighting a war at any time is bad policy is, at best, unenlightened.
I didn't really have time to pull out a dictionary and try to make grammatical sense of what he said. Instead, I substituted in sensible words that Kargool should have said.

It depends on the universe's political situation as to when the best time to fight a war is. If everyone's scavenging then it's a bad time to fight a war because they'll all scavenge off you. If everyone's busy with their own problems then it's a better time to fight a war.

For example, right now is probably a good time to hit ND/Insomnia/Omen since they're all rather busy with each other.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 17:50   #122
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

Just to clear up ANY confusion, Orbit has NO part in any coalition against InSomnia - never will have, and wish them every bit of luck in winning the round

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote