User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Aug 2005, 22:11   #1
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future
Apology

Some of you may remember back in round 10.5 someone got onto the FAnG server and procured our coordlist.General1 made mention on AD of having this list so alch searched the web server and found a suspicious IP address. I Traced the IP address back to a site that had information about General1. We had our culprit and decided wed been hacked.

In the rounds since, ive made a number of disparaging remarks about his character and him hacking our server.

Today General1 came to me and let me know how he got into our server.

It turns out he was looking through galaxies, right clicking on the gals pic and getting the host url off of it. Then he would remove the file name from the url and see if he could view the directory. See where I am going with this? Heh. Well it turns out that the server that hosted the gal pic, also hosted our coords list. It seems someone for got to lock down the folder… I’m still laughing about this.

Anyway, I am deeply sorry for anything negative that I said about General1 and anything I implicated him in. I am also truly sorry for any of the repercussions my accusations had upon how the community views his character.

Yours Truly,
behe
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 22:30   #2
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: Apology

its good to see sum people owning up for mistakes maken nowadays.. im sure he will accept ur apology

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 23:07   #3
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

pos rep from me for being honest and admitting prev. mistakes.

gg

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 02:44   #4
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

ROLFMA :crazyxmas:

Good job
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 04:52   #5
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

I remember a time when simply handing over your alliance forum login details to someone else was termed "hacking."

Now imagine the so-called "treason" if your details were, oh I don't know, that of leadership-status?

*NUDGE NUDGE*
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 07:21   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
pos rep from me for being honest and admitting prev. mistakes.

gg
neg rep from me for being a homofag.

Just kidding
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 07:53   #7
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

lol

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 09:19   #8
Alferl
[HR] Peon

Alferl is an unknown quantity at this point

*rotfl*

Fyodor you sure need a better techie.
=| Aliance [CELL],[RDL],[NRK],[WP],[HR]
Alferl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 09:24   #9
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Every time someone makes a post about how their alliance was "hacked", I'm going to post a link to this thread.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 09:42   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

I guess when your coords get leaked you need to find someone or something to blame it on, and yelling "hacked" often is the easiest solution just like yelling "cheat" is aswell when someone is playing better then you.

It's nice that this case is solved and proved that it had nothing to do with hacking.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 09:45   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ComradeRob again.
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 10:30   #12
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

i was known back then that one of our member "hosted" the list. that was a site of one of our member. and i still think that was made not by "mistake".
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 10:35   #13
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Behe,

Thanks for the appologies.
I've had several numbers of pm's over all the rounds that I was evil scum .
I hope every1 now understands that I've done nothing wrong, in any way or another.
I have no idea about hacking things what so ever.
I can play PA and do normal things on the net, but there it all stops.

WIth regards,

General1
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 11:16   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

hahahhahahahah

hahahahahahhahahahahahha

jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 14:38   #15
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

My printer lives it s own life

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 23:11   #16
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

How do i set my laser printer on stun?
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 04:30   #17
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
...just like yelling "cheat" is aswell when someone is playing better then you.
Yet, no one listens, let alone gives a shit, about the kids who scream bloody murder. The ones who do scream "cheat" generally have valid reason to support their claims.

What was that guy's name who had all the galaxy banners making fun of him regarding "farming" (see: "not playing fairly")?
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 04:32   #18
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Actually, now that I consider the very words said, yes, just because someone is playing "better" doesn't negate the validity of they are cheating.

Then again, it took the PA creators years (see: "rounds") to actually define the rules of what was "cheating" in Planetarion terms.
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 05:57   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hobbierogue4 flies spaceships in between impregnating imaginary internet personas who finish their name with the word babe.

I am not kidding.
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 06:41   #20
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4
Actually, now that I consider the very words said, yes, just because someone is playing "better" doesn't negate the validity of they are cheating.

Then again, it took the PA creators years (see: "rounds") to actually define the rules of what was "cheating" in Planetarion terms.
OMG ITS HOBBIE!£%!!??!!

/me waves

Heya matey

on topic now - I dunno whats right or wrong, but 10.5 was such a long time ago does anyone care?

It would be the equivalent of someone apologising for the past acts of there four fathers (my mom had a German do that once that stayed at our house relating to the nazi's and the attrocites they performed - i found that as odd as this).

Why do it now Behe?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 07:02   #21
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I nearly pos-repped Fyodor.

Then I realized who it was and I didn't want the world to implode or anything.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 09:27   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No ofcourse not. Fact that you play better doesn't make you less of a potential cheater, but to the community you'd appear to be a higher potential cheater then let's say a dude ranked 500th.

I'm just saying that, in that case asmuch as in when your coords got leaked, the easy solution is to yell "cheat" or "hacked"...
If you think about it, it's human nature really? The worst situation is to not have an explenation for something, hence pple assume what they think is the easiest/most valid explenation.

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Aug 2005, 12:42   #23
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I nearly pos-repped Fyodor.

Then I realized who it was and I didn't want the world to implode or anything.
I did posrep Fyodor. Seeing as the world didn't implode last time I posrepped Kjel I figure it could handle this.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 09:30   #24
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I did posrep Fyodor. Seeing as the world didn't implode last time I posrepped Kjel I figure it could handle this.
how sweet

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 05:36   #25
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

I was the one who hosted the xls file on my website thinking it would be secure. Little did I know that just looking in the main directory could all my files be accessed. General1 found my galaxy banner was hosted on my site and thats how he got the coords list. I thought this was already public... guess not.
________
property for sale Pattaya

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 06:58.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 05:11   #26
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
What was that guy's name who had all the galaxy banners making fun of him regarding "farming" (see: "not playing fairly")?
FATBOYDAVE.

Hi Rumad, Jonny, Zhil.
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 00:33   #27
[Unknown]
Angels

[Unknown] is an unknown quantity at this point

Who cares, we won the round didnt we? :P