User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 10:56   #1
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
PC to LCD TV

Hello.

I bought a 32" LCD before xmas and I want to connect it to my PC. I already have it connected to my laptop but I was wondering if I can get a longer cable to connect it to my PC as the laptop is shite.

If possible could someone tell me the name of the cable I require and the maximum length you can purchase them at.

Many thanks
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:59   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: PC to LCD TV

Er, well what did you connect it to the laptop with?

And what inputs does the TV have?
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:15   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Hello.

I bought a 32" LCD before xmas and I want to connect it to my PC. I already have it connected to my laptop but I was wondering if I can get a longer cable to connect it to my PC as the laptop is shite.

If possible could someone tell me the name of the cable I require and the maximum length you can purchase them at.

Many thanks
Surely the same type of cable you used for the laptop but longer? If the pc doesn't have the required input port, find a card for it or converter to plug it into a diffrent one?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 16:39   #4
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

ok as stated you will need to know what connections are on the tv itself

depending on the manufacturer it quite possibly will have both a vga and a dvi port on them, especially if its a main brand

as such a cable will be available but as marv stated an adaptor may be needed for one of the connections be it onto your gfx card or the tv

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote