User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Jan 2010, 01:30   #201
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Re: round 35 politics

such a speedy recovery that he got home from work and is upset his planet is in vac mode
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 01:32   #202
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Asc newest strategy, if an alliance form that they can not beat, ally hop to it and take it over from the inside, then disband it?

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 01:44   #203
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villeh View Post
Asc newest strategy, if an alliance form that they can not beat, ally hop to it and take it over from the inside, then disband it?

Asc beat apprime the only round they played against eachother
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 01:51   #204
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

So I keep hearing, but that just means Asc failed to play against and beat their greatest rival last round, eksero.

Avoided fights do not necessarily count as a draw.
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 02:01   #205
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Asc beat apprime the only round they played against eachother
Therefore, one who is skilled in warfare principles subdues the enemy without doing battle.

Sun Tzu
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 02:03   #206
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado View Post
So I keep hearing, but that just means Asc failed to play against and beat their greatest rival last round, eksero.

Avoided fights do not necessarily count as a draw.
Actually, it just means they didn't fight each other. Like it says on the tin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Therefore, one who is skilled in warfare principles subdues the enemy without doing battle.

Sun Tzu
This reminds me of the time Ascendancy beat Xanadu in r26 and to a lesser extent of the time ND beat Fury in r24.
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 03:15   #207
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
This reminds me of the time Ascendancy beat Xanadu in r26 and to a lesser extent of the time ND beat Fury in r24.
This reminds me of this one time this Irish guy tried to be funny, and wasn't.

Also, Paisley, I believe I can say with some authority that you've missunderstood the passage you quote.
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 10:02   #208
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Actually, it just means they didn't fight each other. Like it says on the tin!
Isn't that what I said? :P But apprime won and asc didn't despite having more than a chance. You can look at it as if they were 100% on the same side and claim that in a way they won, but we all know that's not how most people including most ascs look at it. In the end, app trumped asc (and the rest) for the win. Regardless if asc fought app or not.

But this has been done to death, so lets forget that boring round
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 10:11   #209
Firebird

Machado do you even know what you are saying ??? Were you in app or asc ???if so input is accepted if not you have no idea what was going on so pipe down

Quote:
Missed this bit i agree with you on this one point

Last edited by Firebird; 29 Jan 2010 at 12:56.
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 10:18   #210
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machado View Post
isn't that what i said? but apprime won and asc didn't despite having more than a chance. You can look at it as if they were 100% on the same side and claim that in a way they won, but we all know that's not how most people including most ascs look at it. In the end, app trumped asc (and the rest) for the win. Regardless if asc fought app or not.

Good job bringing it back up in another thread then eh?
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 20:40   #211
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Happy birthday carDi

Now that the formalities are out of the road down to business.

Seems that there is a little bit of trouble in paradise? Hmm
Anyone care to shine some light?
Seems we had a party. Weed, alcohol etc. Pretty fun.

Although, at some point someone decided to 'crash' the party, which made it even more fun. After that we decided to come back with the partycrasher to his place for some more fun. But it appears he doesn't invite any of his own friends.
Care to shine some light?
Unread 29 Jan 2010, 23:57   #212
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

/me shines some light on Paisley and Theam.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2010, 17:21   #213
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

In a newsflash on CT, they send this message to their alliance:

Quote:
Ok,

You guys and girls KNOW we have spies in our channels, you KNOW they relay, and what do you smartasses do? you talk about which wave you are on, what type of ship you are sending, your coords, other ppls coords, your roidcount, etc etc etc.

So, we are going to be strict here: in none of the channels, you will discuss ANY information about ANYTHING that can be used by spies. If you are a DE/BS attacker, I do NOT want to see you in the FICO teamup channel, capice? If you are going to teamup, I do NOT want you to join all waves to see which wave you are on. FFS TALK to your team, and join the right wave immediately. Team partners, contact your teammates and TELL therm where they should join. Teampartners: create a channel to organize it, dont talk in public channels.

If you do not think you have the discipline to do this simple task, please just shutup in the channels, and talk in pm only, that way you CANT be noobish.

P.S.: Why this mail? Cos we lost a number of lands today because ppl openly talked about the attacks in #CT. THANK YOU! :-/
Aren't they inferring to 'stop working together'?

ps. lol spies!
Unread 30 Jan 2010, 17:58   #214
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

A set of hints for CT:

1) At this point in time your coordinates are well known.
2) In Ascendancy we are openly discussing all our attacks and waves and whatever else all the time.

And a request to the spy: can we get more ct.tv? this seems to be as amusing as angels.tv back then!
Unread 30 Jan 2010, 19:55   #215
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ok,

You guys and girls KNOW we have spies in our channels, you KNOW they relay, and what do you smartasses do? you talk about which wave you are on, what type of ship you are sending, your coords, other ppls coords, your roidcount, etc etc etc.

So, we are going to be strict here: in none of the channels, you will discuss ANY information about ANYTHING that can be used by spies. If you are a DE/BS attacker, I do NOT want to see you in the FICO teamup channel, capice? If you are going to teamup, I do NOT want you to join all waves to see which wave you are on. FFS TALK to your team, and join the right wave immediately. Team partners, contact your teammates and TELL therm where they should join. Teampartners: create a channel to organize it, dont talk in public channels.

If you do not think you have the discipline to do this simple task, please just shutup in the channels, and talk in pm only, that way you CANT be noobish.

P.S.: Why this mail? Cos we lost a number of lands today because ppl openly talked about the attacks in #CT. THANK YOU! :-/

we've done over 20 rounds of adherely to what CT thinks of complaining about ....
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2010, 21:40   #216
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
Quote:
we've done over 20 rounds of adherely to what CT thinks of complaining about ....

And it's made you into an unstoppable war machine, winning round after round.

Srsly though

Encouraging your members not to openly talk about Planetarion really must help with that whole "iron sharpens iron" thing.

Unread 31 Jan 2010, 00:32   #217
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

look, we dont discourage any pa chat but openly saying in a channel with spys the "we are going w3 with bs" is fckin retarded.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 01:56   #218
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
look, we dont discourage any pa chat but openly saying in a channel with spys the "we are going w3 with bs" is fckin retarded.
Yeah, because a self-jgp + au wouldn't have given the same information. So what next, ban your members from prelaunching? I don't know why you make such a fuss, Ascendancy won multiple rounds without actually ever trying to hide any information in our channels. But then again, maybe we just made people feel so comfortable that they didn't want to spy on us?
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 02:01   #219
[DDK]gm

maybe the difference is we dont bother with spys and you cant get which wave is bs fr or fi from a jpg
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 03:43   #220
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
But then again, maybe we just made people feel so comfortable that they didn't want to spy on us?
There have been spies in Asc, it's more important to note that we won despite these spies.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 03:44   #221
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Your own members are your spies.
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 10:00   #222
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Your mum's a spy
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 13:16   #223
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

i spy on your mum.

while she poops.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 13:26   #224
Heartless

Quote:
maybe the difference is we dont bother with spys and you cant get which wave is bs fr or fi from a jpg
Or maybe you just can't make well educated guesses from the information you have available. Hah, looks like skill wins rounds after all ;-)

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 31 Jan 2010 at 14:26.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2010, 16:28   #225
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Aren't you HC of that alliance that gives up 10% roids everytime they only get a little bit targetted?
For me personally there is always a reason to not hit CT too early, you know they get fat and at some point it is really easy pickings after disposing one opponent. It might take 2 weeks to wear down Euphoria or a few weeks even to do Apprime (as Ascendancy) or Omen, but you can always rely, the last few rounds when you were the 'main man', to see CT fold like a house of cards within two or three days.
That is also why CT never keeps a hold of top players the last rounds.

But hey, please continue ruining the game for yourself and your members!
Unread 1 Feb 2010, 00:18   #226
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Whilst I'm all for the CT bashing and shit; some of you are just being dicks.

Quote:
Or maybe you just can't make well educated guesses from the information you have available. Hah, looks like skill wins rounds after all ;-)
You see a jgp and a bunch of fleets prelaunched at you. You can tell which classes each are etc, but how do you tell which wave is which and how many of the fleets are on each wave? Please teach me to make "well educated guesses" on this as it would make my life so much easier next time I play PA.

And Theam is just... :facepalm:
Unread 1 Feb 2010, 01:01   #227
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Whilst I'm all for the CT bashing and shit; some of you are just being dicks.

You see a jgp and a bunch of fleets prelaunched at you. You can tell which classes each are etc, but how do you tell which wave is which and how many of the fleets are on each wave? Please teach me to make "well educated guesses" on this as it would make my life so much easier next time I play PA.

And Theam is just... :facepalm:
Check news scans and round history on the planets attacking you. I do agree that it is kind of hard, if not even impossible, to make a good take at the first wave or two, but after that it is pretty easy - unless you face some massive team ups which have the ability to fake on you. Then again, in that situation you are most likely lost anyway. Planetarion really is all about keeping track of your enemies and applying common sense.
Unread 1 Feb 2010, 01:18   #228
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Planetarion really is all about rapeing common sense.
Couldn't agree more.
Unread 1 Feb 2010, 01:19   #229
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Another good trick is to check the nicks of the attackers on you in intel (if you have access to that lol!), see if one of the team ups on you is offline and then use a webclient, use his nick and pm a guy of the alliance attacking you with
Quote:
'hey, can you help me, i am on this and this wave with him, it is a DE wave, can you give me the LT again? At the girlfriend/friendsplace/work/on the phone at the moment and I just added some ships to my fleet and wanted to pl again, LT 303 right?'
Use your imagination. It is the meta-game man.
Unread 1 Feb 2010, 02:50   #230
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Another good trick is to check the nicks of the attackers on you in intel (if you have access to that lol!), see if one of the team ups on you is offline and then use a webclient, use his nick and pm a guy of the alliance attacking you with

Use your imagination. It is the meta-game man.
How often does this work? yes, you hear about it working every now and then but a. Most competent players turn autokill on and b. most competent players will check that the person they are talking to is logged into P before giving them attack details.

Quote:
Check news scans and round history on the planets attacking you. I do agree that it is kind of hard, if not even impossible, to make a good take at the first wave or two, but after that it is pretty easy
I don't really know how many people take the same wave consistently but that's a moot point. People don't generally get more than 3-4 waves on them, so finding out what the first two are is a pretty great advantage (knowing when stuff would appear helped a lot in R30 with all the PL def we had), and seeing a relay of people talking about it is the easiest way to find that out.
Unread 1 Feb 2010, 03:02   #231
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Kila: it works/worked on those big waves during massive team ups, thats when pl def gets in handy anyway.

Usually you can spot incs anyway when you have a 'gap' in your incomings, aka you have an eta 7 incoming and an eta 9, then you can be pretty sure the next wave to appear is fi/co incs (and maybe another bs/cr wave).

Other then that, relying on higher eta anti fi/co or fr/de def should be done mainly when you build fortresses or when your intel is really good.
Unread 1 Feb 2010, 16:31   #232
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How often does this work? yes, you hear about it working every now and then but a. Most competent players turn autokill on and b. most competent players will check that the person they are talking to is logged into P before giving them attack details.
I used to do it whenever i was attacking and there was Xan defence (or other types of defence which could be fake). Just fakenick and then pm the ops/bc's of that alliance to see if they have a calc

Worked afew times on ND.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2010, 21:28   #233
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Kila: it works/worked on those big waves during massive team ups, thats when pl def gets in handy anyway.
Are you going to tell me why it works on big waves or are you just going to say that it does and hope that I accept what you say?

Quote:
Usually you can spot incs anyway when you have a 'gap' in your incomings, aka you have an eta 7 incoming and an eta 9, then you can be pretty sure the next wave to appear is fi/co incs (and maybe another bs/cr wave).
No ****ing shit, but this is when TWO OUT OF THREE WAVES HAVE APPEARED.

Look Theam, I know you're now cool and shit, but why don't you just ****ing accept the fact that there are definitely strategic advantages to NOT ALLOWING EASY ACCESS TO EVERY LITTLE DETAIL OF YOUR ATTACKS instead of being a dickhead on the forums. Yes, CT are shit but telling people to be a little more discreet about attack info in a channel that they know is being relayed is a pretty fair thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I used to do it whenever i was attacking and there was Xan defence (or other types of defence which could be fake). Just fakenick and then pm the ops/bc's of that alliance to see if they have a calc

Worked afew times on ND.
You also tried this whilst attacking my ND galmate in round 30. You were told that he was covered and recalled. A ****load of the def was fake.
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 00:00   #234
Firebird

Kila want a cuddle?? em0 rage
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 00:38   #235
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From watching Ascendancy's military operation, changing up tactics, deliberately ****ing over prelaunch attackers and using nailed on trusted people for attacks that really mattered pretty much made spying a pretty futile activity.

One because you couldn't possibly work out where the **** our attacks were going to turn up and two because when well executed, it's planetarion play to a standard where your spies don't mean shit.

Add on the fact that if you are up against competent BC's that are pretty much totally against crashing and use scans to calc a worst case scenario what is a prelaunched defence going to achieve if it even happens after that? Not much beyond a recall and a longer recall ETA for the defenders, which runs the risk of you being on the back foot later on.

In the end the tactic becomes totally defunct and you're back to more traditional methods. But at that point you should probably have worked out that your enemy is playing to a very high standard of planetarion and that you are in bundles of trouble.

I am sorry to bore people with the idea of "play solid planetarion" but I feel it needed to be said!
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 02:01   #236
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Are you going to tell me why it works on big waves or are you just going to say that it does and hope that I accept what you say?

No ****ing shit, but this is when TWO OUT OF THREE WAVES HAVE APPEARED.

Look Theam, I know you're now cool and shit, but why don't you just ****ing accept the fact that there are definitely strategic advantages to NOT ALLOWING EASY ACCESS TO EVERY LITTLE DETAIL OF YOUR ATTACKS instead of being a dickhead on the forums. Yes, CT are shit but telling people to be a little more discreet about attack info in a channel that they know is being relayed is a pretty fair thing to do.
Yes, yes and no.

Yes ofcourse you do not tell everyone when stuff is landing, on the other side you can be so blatantly open about your pl def and all that stuff. (For instance I had last round people pl their tycoons +4 def to me, out of tag, against a FR wave with the name 'PL COONS LT 448' or something. At some point people also start to ignore that.

And why it works on massive team ups? Because massive team ups are 'there to come through', so you just say you are some random nitwit who got told by a friend who is now offline to join a wave if I had frigs available on some of those Ascendancy fat mother****ers who ruin the game. That trick is easier to pull of on massive waves.
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 06:05   #237
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
From watching Ascendancy's military operation, changing up tactics, deliberately ****ing over prelaunch attackers and using nailed on trusted people for attacks that really mattered pretty much made spying a pretty futile activity.

One because you couldn't possibly work out where the **** our attacks were going to turn up and two because when well executed, it's planetarion play to a standard where your spies don't mean shit.
Agreed with the "****ing over PL attackers" bit, but most of the time I personally did that was either due to leaks or when waves had already started to appear.
The "using trusted attackers" bit I hope all competent alliances use for major attacks (although I can see why lots can't trust enough members to use it)

The "you couldn't possible work out where the **** our attacks were going to turn up" bit makes no sense though as a relay of the attack channel (ohshitiforgotthename) would tell you exactly that.

Quote:
Add on the fact that if you are up against competent BC's that are pretty much totally against crashing and use scans to calc a worst case scenario what is a prelaunched defence going to achieve if it even happens after that? Not much beyond a recall and a longer recall ETA for the defenders, which runs the risk of you being on the back foot later on.
The slight edge that PL def provides in wars can't be seen in most wars (eg. Apprime v Eurph) but can be the "straw that broke the snowman's back" in many cases where it is a very close call.

Quote:
I am sorry to bore people with the idea of "play solid
planetarion" but I feel it needed to be said!
Far easier said than done. Whilst in theory it is easy to play "solid planetarion", in practice it isn't as easy. Since you know what I'm talking about; it's similar to applying the "reasonable man" test. Not too difficult to theorise but hard to apply.
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 14:03   #238
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I dont think anyone is saying here that spys are a total irrelevance or that they can predict attacks better than the met office does the weather (not so hard) it is simply that the edge spys give is probably only equal to the damage done to your own alliance by the levels if distrust in your own members, thus its better on balance to trust ur members and suffer the occasional problem for it.
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 15:16   #239
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

<NitbiT> gm|away - an idea to do partially "high profile" attacks and partially "normal" gal to cap roids?
<NitbiT> ie, 2 or 3 high profile targets with well balanced fleets of ppl that don;t pl and are around during tp
<gm|away> we sort of have been doing that the last few nights
<gm|away> we raped **** out of an fcrew

you raped an fcrew!
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 15:40   #240
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

We raped ministry in pia!
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 16:47   #241
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
I dont think anyone is saying here that spys are a total irrelevance or that they can predict attacks better than the met office does the weather (not so hard) it is simply that the edge spys give is probably only equal to the damage done to your own alliance by the levels if distrust in your own members, thus its better on balance to trust ur members and suffer the occasional problem for it.
That message isn't exactly full of distrust though is it? he's not hiding attack details from members until LT or whatever; he's just telling them to use common sense and stop saying crap that could be used against them. In fact that mail reminded me of some of the things JBG sent around in Asc full of swearing and stuff.
Unread 2 Feb 2010, 16:54   #242
JonnyBGood
Banned

I don't think I ever talked about not talking about pa stuff openly. I don't blame CT for doing this or think they're ****ing morons or something though. If I was positive that my channel was being relayed I'd try to minimise leakage, or better yet exploit it.

I would also like to point out that I really have no idea what theamion is talking about. It is possible to get prelaunched def to the right waves without direct leaks though. First wave usually goes at 0300-0500, first wave is rarely cr/bs etc. I've never tried the pming random people bit however!
Unread 3 Feb 2010, 02:53   #243
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
I don't think I ever talked about not talking about pa stuff openly.
I just meant the whole profanity-riddled ally wide mails in general
Unread 3 Feb 2010, 03:39   #244
JonnyBGood
Banned

How did a mail containing no profanity (unless you're counting ffs I guess) remind you of my "how the ****ing **** can you ****ing think that ****ing landing that ****ing bullshit is the right ****ing idea you complete and utter ****ing ****head" mails!
Unread 3 Feb 2010, 09:18   #245
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
<NitbiT> gm|away - an idea to do partially "high profile" attacks and partially "normal" gal to cap roids?
<NitbiT> ie, 2 or 3 high profile targets with well balanced fleets of ppl that don;t pl and are around during tp
<gm|away> we sort of have been doing that the last few nights
<gm|away> we raped **** out of an fcrew

you raped an fcrew!
haha - definitely something to be proud of.

/me waves to CT spies
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote