User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 8 Jan 2010, 13:35   #51
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts
Re: Fort Gals

PA team banned OOT/OOG defence by coding. Can't see it impossible to code limitation how many planets from same ally can be in same galaxy. That's one way to get rid of them.
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 13:43   #52
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

I like kafir idea, coding max possible ally members in one gal will make it even more balanced. Like no more then 5 ;] The problem is they all are unallied, once they join gal they desire, they tag up. You can't exile them out after that, can you?
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 14:05   #53
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

god you guys are shit.
If you cant beat someone, make the game so shit that you are the only ones left playing so that you can win?
Thats how I managed to win !

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 14:12   #54
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

u managed to win with fleet donations dude
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 14:25   #55
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

not my fault people stay at home with their fleet when I attack them!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 18:39   #56
Kafir
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezzar View Post
I like kafir idea, coding max possible ally members in one gal will make it even more balanced. Like no more then 5 ;] The problem is they all are unallied, once they join gal they desire, they tag up. You can't exile them out after that, can you?
Well that could be coded too i think that only 5 per gal can tag/be in same tag. If there's more a) after 5th ppl aren't able to tag or b) the ppl after 5th tagged would get auto exiled. Dunno how hard/easy that kind code is do and integrate into the game, but it's just a quick idea.
Unread 11 Jan 2010, 20:10   #57
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
Well that could be coded too i think that only 5 per gal can tag/be in same tag. If there's more a) after 5th ppl aren't able to tag or b) the ppl after 5th tagged would get auto exiled. Dunno how hard/easy that kind code is do and integrate into the game, but it's just a quick idea.
We can still make a fortress without tagging our galaxy members. Or we can even make two tags.

How do you want to limit that? (I'll go get more popcorn while your life is centered on limitations.)
Unread 11 Jan 2010, 20:47   #58
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
not my fault people stay at home with their fleet when I attack them!
You were tricked into asking people to stay at home so you could steal their fleets?!
Unread 11 Jan 2010, 21:30   #59
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
why the hate to fortress galaxies? You people have ****ed up this round as it is without ****ing up the next one too.
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2010, 22:57   #60
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiall View Post
why the hate to fortress galaxies? You people have ****ed up this round as it is without ****ing up the next one too.

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 00:00   #61
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We should start some crusade to get the likes of gm, kafir, alezzar etc unable in anyway to communicate, directly or indirectly (this is redundantly stated on purpose!) with anyone able to directly or indirectly tinker with the game design/setup.
To be honest after all these completely useless posts of them, I am fed up with trying to talk sense into them when they really, really do not seem to want to understand anything of this game.

All their posts seem to go along the lines of 'I am never going to win this game if I am not altering my playing style, therefore I wish the game to change to suit me, me, me, me.'
The penultimate stupidity in that is that we will also beat them whatever change they propose, untill the game gets unplayable. Why not, for Christ sake, make the game actually fun, instead of coming up with more and more shit rules, regulations, limitations and so forth.

STOP BEING SHIT
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 00:17   #62
Firebird

Amen To that Theam .cookie
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 00:20   #63
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

OR add 'should fortress galaxies be allowed?' as login question and instant delete every idiot (add random name / Kafir) who answers with 'no' !
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 00:31   #64
Pommeh
eXcessum

Pommeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
i might be interested in doing something like that if a few others were able to help out

though i dont plan on being hugely active anymore im sure i could lend enough time and advice to help people find their way in the game
Experienced players Fuzzy!!!!! The blind leading the blind Is no good

Quite possibly the worst player you've ever heard of!?

Yes! but you have heard of me.
Pommeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 01:13   #65
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
We should start some crusade to get the likes of gm, kafir, alezzar etc unable in anyway to communicate, directly or indirectly (this is redundantly stated on purpose!) with anyone able to directly or indirectly tinker with the game design/setup.
To be honest after all these completely useless posts of them, I am fed up with trying to talk sense into them when they really, really do not seem to want to understand anything of this game.

All their posts seem to go along the lines of 'I am never going to win this game if I am not altering my playing style, therefore I wish the game to change to suit me, me, me, me.'
The penultimate stupidity in that is that we will also beat them whatever change they propose, untill the game gets unplayable. Why not, for Christ sake, make the game actually fun, instead of coming up with more and more shit rules, regulations, limitations and so forth.

STOP BEING SHIT
<3 theam
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 07:34   #66
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

STOP BEING SHIT
Hear hear.
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 08:27   #67
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

STOP BEING SHIT

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 08:28   #68
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

oh didnt realize 2 ppl quoted that already....lol

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 12:36   #69
Kafir
Retired

I pointed out that there might be a way to code fortress gals out if it's wanted. Have i said anywhere that i'm against them? And fyi i'm in fortress gal atm
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 18:55   #70
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

You point out the obvious. I like to point out i'm breathing right now. No shit it's possible to code fort gals out but it would only make the game worse in every possible way
Unread 12 Jan 2010, 22:56   #71
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

I would like to add something here too...

I was a newbie round 3 (some still say I am) I loved it, my gal was in the 79 cluster and there were lots of people. I had a gal that wasnt very active but got involved with a cluster alliance, made new friends got invited to join a newbie alliance and I had a blast. Round 4 I was invited to a private gal and my scanning days began!

What I see today is a game thats takes all the fun out of what I saw as fun, like someone else mentioned get rid of all the built in alliance tools, but also get rid of Queing your research and your constructions, get rid of PL and running your fleet. You have sissified this game way too much. Tech should be choices, like before if you went mil scans you didnt get hypergate...there should be more choices like that as well, the tech tree should not be finishable in 7 weeks, make people really think hard about what they want and the tech map to get there. (I wouldnt even mind seeing PDS back and fleets being able to attack/defend multiple ticks)

The other thing is the silly rules that also ruin the game for new people, like this round saying you can only defend a member of your alliance or gal. I invite people to play from other games and even from RL, and there are times its fun to be able to rescue them with some defense, now I cant unless they can join the same ally as me. I am sure the MHing tools have gotten much better since round 3, if I pay for an account and I am only playing one account I think I should be able to defend whoever I want & scan for who ever I want!
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2010, 03:59   #72
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Did the entire PA community just get pwnd by a girl?

In many ways I understand where you are coming from Annie, however, I think that if the game were to revert to its "old" ways I do not think that would be the ideal solution for the game. Every game needs to change a bit to keep interesting. Atleast when it involves such a lengthy period of time as it does with PA.

If we've sissified PA.. Sure, we might have, but its in many ways maybe taken a change due to the playerbase being the same, and the playing base having aged ten years, and now have jobs instead of studies to ruin.
Unread 13 Jan 2010, 11:21   #73
Cain
Awesome

Choking this game with all the craprules just makes it harder for new people to have ''fun''. All the additions we've seen lately as mentioned by Annie is to make playing easier for those ppl who have jobs now. But it's not the current playerbase who has to be satisfied, it's the new players. Activity has to be rewarded above everything else. If that means no decent rank for ppl who have jobs so be it.
Unread 13 Jan 2010, 12:49   #74
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Activity should not be rewarded over anything else. If that would be the case we should just get a single button which increases your score by one everytime you click on it.

However, I do agree with most things that Anne is saying, but not with everything. Run & Hide, as well as res / con queuing is perfectly fine to keep in order to have the game cater less active people. It is also debatable whether alliance tools or prelaunch are actual issues. Taking a look at other browsergames which have at least a hundred times the amount of players PA has, they all have similar features to make the game more accessible (Prelaunch is the only feature I haven't found anywhere else).
Ultimately she is very correct that a lack of choice and idiotic limitations are making this game boring. There is hardly any decision forced upon a player in Planetarion, and if there are decisions to be made then they are mainly about "oh, then I just do it a few hundred ticks later" instead of actually being able to have your unique playing style that may or may not lead you to superiority over everyone else.

But why do I even bother, none of the people in charge are actually in a position to make necessary changes.