User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 9 May 2013, 06:38   #51
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Round 52 stats

Actually... 1 thing was abundantly clear by tick 500 in rd 50, everyone wished they had gone Terran De/Xan De... you will see a huge uptake in those 2 races and that teamup was a bitch to stop.... it will be a shit round
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2013, 07:56   #52
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Giving up at tick -543? That must be a record.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2013, 11:00   #53
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

My list:

Ter:
A little lower armor, a little more damage (to about 350), to make them more like r51 stats where I like the balance. I played Ter r50 and the damage was fking horrific.
Whoever said Ter BS can't be stopped, yeah it took 1 ghost fleet and teaming with other BS didn't change that. Now you have a good team up option in etd at least.
I think the centaur is a really silly ship, I don't mind Ter being weak against FI but you could at least make it a CO for alliance def so there is SOME purpose in making them.

Cath:
Armor and ER for co are too high compared to normal cath stats, and they could get a small efficiency nerf. The CR fleet is strong and a great counter to both etd fr and other caths, scorps will be rare but powerful. That's a good thing.

Xan:
Obviously some more help is needed and I think the D/C in general could take a bump to 450. FI already have better emp res than usual, and with a damage bump it should help make it better vs zik.
The big choice is buffing Fireblades more or not, because the DE fleet will be VERY good if they shoot before Cutlass, and not very good if they don't.

Zik: Compare the dc to r51's and you will laugh. Yet zik did a lot better in r50. Why? Synergy. The Synergy with cath/zik was amazing and they were each others best friends. And holy batman we just improved that by giving them cr instead of bs! It's just hard to hit ziks, since they can build mainly co + cr. The obvious weakness is CR, and in general I like the balance.

Etd:
This is tricky, because what really made etd interesting in r50 is the same thing that name xan fi close to useless (just ask fang). Rangers. I would be tempted to blow up half the ETD stat sheet and give them fi/bs pods instead of FR, because it's simply close to impossible to balance. I don't think xan fi would be too good without Rangers in the universe, but a fr roiding fleet cannot work without them. I just can't see a middleground. There are multiple problems with the race, but not as many as some people suggest. The main problem in r50 was that so few people played them, really.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2013, 11:01   #54
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Actually... 1 thing was abundantly clear by tick 500 in rd 50, everyone wished they had gone Terran De/Xan De... you will see a huge uptake in those 2 races and that teamup was a bitch to stop.... it will be a shit round
Ter DE/Xan DE roid other Ter DE/Xan DE planets anyway, so this wouldn't be a problem.

Planets.
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),

Those damn emp races..
Unread 9 May 2013, 11:19   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Unhappy Re: Round 52 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
The big choice is buffing Fireblades more or not, because the DE fleet will be VERY good if they shoot before Cutlass, and not very good if they don't.
Yeah. In r50 I ultimately decided to keep Fireblades at the not-very-good end of the spectrum, because the Pegasus is so good. Pegasus-heavy Ter plus Ghost-heavy Xan is a pretty deadly combo.

Quote:
I think the centaur is a really silly ship, I don't mind Ter being weak against FI but you could at least make it a CO for alliance def so there is SOME purpose in making them.

(...)

This is tricky, because what really made etd interesting in r50 is the same thing that name xan fi close to useless (just ask fang). Rangers. I would be tempted to blow up half the ETD stat sheet and give them fi/bs pods instead of FR, because it's simply close to impossible to balance. I don't think xan fi would be too good without Rangers in the universe, but a fr roiding fleet cannot work without them. I just can't see a middleground. There are multiple problems with the race, but not as many as some people suggest. The main problem in r50 was that so few people played them, really.
Etd has already had a bit of an overhaul with the Cr fleet becoming a Bs fleet. However, I don't like the notion of a stats set without Fr pods. Removing the Ranger and moving the Centaur to Co makes Xan Fi ridiculously strong. One or both of those ships needs to stay a Fr -> Fi ship.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 9 May 2013, 11:34   #56
Zotnam
Over the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Etd has already had a bit of an overhaul with the Cr fleet becoming a Bs fleet. However, I don't like the notion of a stats set without Fr pods. Removing the Ranger and moving the Centaur to Co makes Xan Fi ridiculously strong. One or both of those ships needs to stay a Fr -> Fi ship.
I think you are overestimating the impact rangers had in r50. There weren't many around, and those that were around were mainly used for attacking. So it was almost like they were already removed, defensively. Xan FI was still rather weak because cath/zik deals so well with it. Centaur were a joke and moving them to CO would actually improve anti FI a little bit to counter the other buffs.

Planets.

Those damn emp races..
Unread 9 May 2013, 12:16   #57
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Zik: Compare the dc to r51's and you will laugh. Yet zik did a lot better in r50. Why? Synergy. The Synergy with cath/zik was amazing and they were each others best friends. And holy batman we just improved that by giving them cr instead of bs! It's just hard to hit ziks, since they can build mainly co + cr. The obvious weakness is CR, and in general I like the balance.
Idd, now they are a couple. Caths and Zik should not pair that much and they should not cover for each's other weakness.
Unread 10 May 2013, 06:37   #58
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ter DE/Xan DE roid other Ter DE/Xan DE planets anyway, so this wouldn't be a problem.
Yes but Xan also covered up everything else pretty nicely. I know this quite clearly cos the stats were only used 2 rounds ago!!! So does basically 95% of the playerbase.

This is why im quite perplexed at the decision to use a set of stats that is only a few rounds old. From memory of that round... the Pegasus owned everything, Combined with Ghosts as a roiding fleet it was pretty unstoppable.. now a guess would be that everyone wants to attack easily so they will go either Xan or Ter DE. Yes, defensively alliance wise these races are not quite as sound but if you are Terran then you can rule out Co ever hitting you and as a Xan you can rule out ever being targetted by CR/BS. That alone takes away a lot of incommings, the Vsharrak and Harpy also deal with FI/CO well as the harpy is a complete tank, which pretty much leaves FR/DE as a hole.

For self defence/ingal defence the peacekeeper can deal with DE but that is it and is an expensive research to perform early round. From a Xan/Ter setup dealing with FR is just a case of sending enough FI ships that you break past the Rangers and then Pulsars can kill them quite well, a decent based Wyvern fleet would also stop them too.

Unless ETD get a massive overhaul i cant see it being picked much again, the Ranger is its one standout ship but the rest is just a pile of shit tbh, it gets roided from all angles and its one decent area of defence is a setup that wont even be used much
Unread 10 May 2013, 07:01   #59
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
which pretty much leaves FR/DE as a hole.
If you're right and everyone will go De, that's is a huge deal. Doing what everyone else is doing is not a winning strategy. Having a strategy that's strong against what everyone else is doing is.
Unread 10 May 2013, 07:14   #60
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Honestly I think Ter De should get a nerf and a buff. I think peg should have D/c Dropped about 30-50 points and have A/c buffed about 30-80 points. It'll still fire 1st but not as effective as Zik or arrowhead.

I also think arrowhead needs a buff Prolly + 50 D/c +30 A/C unless you make it cloaked in which case just reduce its cost 4-7%.

I just think you can pick a better set of stats one that wasn't so fresh.
Unread 10 May 2013, 09:15   #61
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
If you're right and everyone will go De, that's is a huge deal. Doing what everyone else is doing is not a winning strategy. Having a strategy that's strong against what everyone else is doing is.
If everyone else is going Xan/Ter De how do you stop the unstoppable??? If you can't 'em join 'em

No one picked Terran De last time and then they looked on enviously from mid round as those peg fleets landed daily, the same mistake won't be made twice, especially when in such recent memory!!!
Unread 12 May 2013, 02:35   #62
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Why are you even using a set that was used two rounds ago? r52 won't have the element of surprise, if you catch my drift, as we already know the pros & cons from r50.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2013, 08:00   #63
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I think it's amusing you people think changes to the stats make the game more interesting.
Unread 12 May 2013, 08:49   #64
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

its how you and your friends play that make it interesting.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2013, 09:23   #65
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

As one of the few ETD Fr players of that round: Rangers were good but Fr attacks were really easily defendable by ingal Cr/BS as the Investor sucked. So any nerf on the Rangers would need to be accompanied by a buff on Investors.

Also a Ter De and Xan De combo was pretty much unEMPable. And as Vipers are the only decent anti-De ship that was annoying and made them way too overpowered.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2013, 12:03   #66
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think it's amusing you people think changes to the stats make the game more interesting.
I don't think changes to the stats make the game more interesting. I think with changed (and not tweaked, especially not the tweaks i've seen you suggest and deny) stats the rounds fun starts before the tickstart. Selecting the best strategy for your alliance, and then tweaking that strategy for the first 3 weeks of the round has allways been a big part of the fun for me. By re-using statssets so fresh you take a lot of the work and skill involved in selecting a strategy away. As now you just take the 3-4 best working strategies from r50 and put them through the test on how they stack up against other strategies, and then select the best out of them.

I agree that this is a type of fun that is only provided to a select few in the community. But generally speaking without those few there would be no alliances, especially not as many competing alliances.

Quote:
I'm unwilling to drag AD into here, but Newdawn won because of politics, not because of the stats.
I'll admit politics had a strong influence on their win too. But i think without their ter BS they would have had about 10m less score from pure XP in the last 2 weeks alone. Considering the gap between ND and CT was just 20m in the end, the round could've ended quite different without them. You even admitted to create a very defensive set last round to make sure ND wouldn't be able to win another round (albeit not in public but by giving me a positive reputation point on a remark of mine that ND couldnt win with such defensive stats), so obviously you acknowledged the effect stats had on their win too.

As for me personally, Ter BS being overpowered in the sense of crashing for XP lateround, made the difference between finishing top 20, and 30th. As someone 'crashed' (gains in theory were equal on both sides, but i would loose 25% of my roids (700 roid iirc) and all my defenders would have gotten the boost, if it hadnt been for them being fake). For my attacker it meant he got boosted into top 10 (from ~rank 30) and if he hadn't crashed his DE on me the very next tick i am quite confident he would've held on to that top 10 rank.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 12 May 2013 at 12:09.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2013, 18:04   #67
Dav

Dav will become famous soon enoughDav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
its how you and your friends play that make it interesting.
You can't even do that these days.... Look at our gal, 3.3, last round. Played with cov oppers ingal supporting us and all of a sudden its cheating. Fun times
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2013, 20:46   #68
Nightwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
You can't even do that these days.... Look at our gal, 3.3, last round. Played with cov oppers ingal supporting us and all of a sudden its cheating. Fun times
I think everyone is just bored of the same galaxy winning every round... And since the bigger alliances don't put your galaxy up as a target because you have an agreement with them (or influence in some way) and the smaller alliances can't roid your galaxy, it simply doesn't leave people with a lot of options bar complaining about the tactics you are using.
Unread 13 May 2013, 01:52   #69
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
I think everyone is just bored of the same galaxy winning every round... And since the bigger alliances don't put your galaxy up as a target because you have an agreement with them (or influence in some way) and the smaller alliances can't roid your galaxy, it simply doesn't leave people with a lot of options bar complaining about the tactics you are using.
I don't think it's a case of Dav's galaxy napping the bigger alliances, but more it takes quite some firepower to even roid them and the bigger alliances are usually preoccupied with block wars.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2013, 17:04   #70
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'd agree with this, but these stats look far too DE dominant, and even if ter DE/xan DE roid eachother, it still makes the other races really fked.

One simple way of nerfing the DE while boosting the ETD, which I think would be enough of a change in those stats, is changing ETD Merchant from targeting FR to DE, and lowering the init to 5.

Wouldn't that be just enough with 1 simple change?
Unread 13 May 2013, 17:44   #71
Mzyxptlk
mz.

No. That makes the Merchant 0 loss.
Unread 13 May 2013, 18:01   #72
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No. That makes the Merchant 0 loss.
True, what about just switching it to CO and have init 5?

Last edited by Buly; 13 May 2013 at 18:06.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2013, 18:06   #73
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
True, but switching targetting to DE is ok, yeh?

What about also raising the Ghost to 6? Also PK to 7? So Merchant and Ghost fire at the same time.
So basically turn DE for uber strong to unplayable??

As has been said already by multiple people these stats are too fresh in the mind to be reused. People still remember quite clearly what was crap and what was good, and how ter/xan de couldnt be stopped and how Ter BS could XP land at round end and still come out on top against 6-8 deffers...
Unread 13 May 2013, 18:07   #74
Buly

My first bad, re-read post above!
Unread 13 May 2013, 18:40   #75
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm not convinced these stats need more ships trapped in the Co vs. De dynamic.

I'd sooner switch the Broker's targetting around. Etd has no T1 anti-De.
Unread 13 May 2013, 18:46   #76
Buly

That + down the cutlass to init 5. CO need to spank DE some more than they currently do.
Unread 13 May 2013, 18:51   #77
Mzyxptlk
mz.

No, not really.
Unread 13 May 2013, 19:11   #78
Buly

DE lolwaves will be as good as impossible to stop without PL'd def.
Unread 13 May 2013, 19:28   #79
Mzyxptlk
mz.

No real changes to Co/De have been made yet. Co did fine against De in r50.
Unread 13 May 2013, 21:01   #80
Nightwolf

Co did do fine against De indeed.

What needs to be done is to make both of those classes less dominant.
Unread 14 May 2013, 07:06   #81
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
No real changes to Co/De have been made yet. Co did fine against De in r50.
That would be because there was a lot of Co and not a lot of DE in rd50, something that will change a lot in rd52. You cannot base what will happen in rd52 on what you saw in rd50. We can however hypothesize what will happen in rd52 with knowledge of that round so fresh in the memory. Most people i have spoken to regarding rd52 want to go Xan/Ter DE with these stats now after remembering how good pegs were offensively combined with ghosts, a lot wished they had been DE in that round as it was nigh on impossible to stop all round.

As Buly is trying to point out this time round you will get alliance that may go all DE or atleast have a high proportion of it in their alliance meaning that it will be more frequently seen on defpages and be vastly more potent as roiding force.

Also if you do go Terran DE for example then you will not have to worry about Co incommings all round long is my guess, something that will be factored in this time more than last. Once you have seen stats perform over a round, especially so recently, it is very easy to work out what ended up playing best and mod your strategy around the strongest offensive line up.
Unread 14 May 2013, 07:12   #82
Mzyxptlk
mz.

And meanwhile Co will roid De easily because ally def can't make it in time. I'm not denying De will be good. It just won't be the unstoppable powerhouse you seem to think it will be.
Unread 14 May 2013, 09:16   #83
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Just to say that I am reviewing the stats and making a shortlist of my own changes in parallel with considering changes suggested in this thread. I hope to make the first round of changes either tonight or Thursday night (busy tomorrow night).

This will include at least some of the changes suggested in this thread - TBC which. I'm going to be reworking quite a few emp resistances though
Unread 14 May 2013, 09:51   #84
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
And meanwhile Co will roid De easily because ally def can't make it in time. I'm not denying De will be good. It just won't be the unstoppable powerhouse you seem to think it will be.

Oh im not denying that Co will be useful, although personally i think it runs out of steam about tick 600 and then DE/CR/BS takes over but then i always look at things from a galaxy point of veiw as a starting base, for example if i have 2 xans and 2 terrans as my BP and add 1 more of each as a latestarter then utlising Xan fakes and Harpies to fake Pegs i would think come tick 500 i would happily be covering normal Co waves with 1 fleet of def (fake or real) The viper is a very inefficent ship anyway and the cutlass dies very quickly too. Viper is tho probably the best ship against DE (like the best bruised banana in the fruitbowl) but Cats will have to deal with a lot of incommings i can see as they are basically emp only against the main roiding fleets (you cant class locust as a ships, its that bad!!) and not very effiecent emp at that.
Unread 14 May 2013, 17:26   #85
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with mz, I don't think De is as good as you guys make it out to be. Teaming up DE is going to be good on offense, but, xans especially, who go heavy DE are going to get roided dry.
Unread 14 May 2013, 17:54   #86
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I have to agree with mz, I don't think De is as good as you guys make it out to be. Teaming up DE is going to be good on offense, but, xans especially, who go heavy DE are going to get roided dry.
I was Xan DE with these stats in rd50 and i think i got landed on once Wether that is down to my alliance being fencers i dont know but mz was in my galaxy and we had a gal of 7 xan DE players with arrowheads and pulsars as def ships, co was never an issue as Xan DE en masse easily flaks out Vipers...

I think you have to fort if you are going to play DE as an alliance strat, probably with equal Xan/Terran ingal but as long as your active and happy to DC your own incs then it shouldnt too much of an issue to defend yourself
Unread 14 May 2013, 19:36   #87
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

How are you going to stop DE with a lot of DE-heavy planets ingal?
Unread 14 May 2013, 19:58   #88
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

imo the best 2 anti DE ships are Wyvern and Peacekeeper, both would readily available as a 100% def ship with DE heavy planets ingal
Unread 14 May 2013, 20:23   #89
isildurx

So your ally defship is then going to be..
Unread 14 May 2013, 20:33   #90
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

From playing these stats 2 rounds ago... my actually alliance def ships were pulsars and arrowheads with ghosts fake or real on rotation... the ghosts were in high demand as were the pulsars against FR. If i was a terran then i would be offering harpies (with have a really high emp and helped flak vs FR so more pulsars shot cos Rangers died very quickly when you broke past their 'kill quota' and Co as all Co targetted Fi T1) and Dragons/Drakes for anti CR/BS - i dont beleive Terrans actually need drakes and the BS one all ends up at round end for XP but that was personal choice as Drakes = flak.
Unread 15 May 2013, 05:10   #91
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Just to say that I am reviewing the stats and making a shortlist of my own changes in parallel with considering changes suggested in this thread. I hope to make the first round of changes either tonight or Thursday night (busy tomorrow night).

This will include at least some of the changes suggested in this thread - TBC which. I'm going to be reworking quite a few emp resistances though
Would it be possible to keep a list of the changes being made ?
Unread 15 May 2013, 07:35   #92
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Will implement theese changes today:

Ter:
Harpy 9 -> 10 dmg
Drake 88 -> 86 E/R

Cath:
Spider 10% cost increase
Beetle init 1 -> init 2

Xan:
Arrowhead normal -> cloaked
Peacekeeper 132 -> 155 armor

Zik:
Inforza 22 -> 21 armor
Inforza 16 -> 15 dmg
Inforza 80 -> 75 E/R

Etd:
Interceptor T1 Fi -> Co
Broker T1 <-> T2 swap
Dealer 36 -> 40 dmg
Investor 10% cost reduce
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2013, 10:18   #93
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I don't think I like the Spider/Beetle change, I'm a little sad the Arrowhead is becoming cloaked and holy shit PK will be overpowered. Otherwise, looks good.
Unread 15 May 2013, 16:08   #94
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Would it be possible to keep a list of the changes being made ?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
Will implement theese changes today:

Ter:
Harpy 9 -> 10 dmg
Drake 88 -> 86 E/R

Cath:
Spider 10% cost increase
Beetle init 1 -> init 2

Xan:
Arrowhead normal -> cloaked
Peacekeeper 132 -> 155 armor

Zik:
Inforza 22 -> 21 armor
Inforza 16 -> 15 dmg
Inforza 80 -> 75 E/R

Etd:
Interceptor T1 Fi -> Co
Broker T1 <-> T2 swap
Dealer 36 -> 40 dmg
Investor 10% cost reduce
Not sure how you planned to do this
Unread 15 May 2013, 17:45   #95
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

I worry that 'changing' these stats bar eff tweaks would actually ruin them. I think they always did what they were intended to do which was to allow for an 'attacking round', modding them even slightly could remove this element from them and just make them crap.

I think that was the point of the stats when mz made them - between ETD and Ter they were handed the 3 best attack fleets out there (ETD FR, Ter DE and Ter BS) but were handicapped by the fact they were bad on defence. The other races were more balanced with Zik ended up pretty much a def race as it probably has 3 of the best def ships in the Cutlass/Inforza/Pirate.

Thats what balanced the round as a whole, which tbh it was a very balanced round and quite fun to play, tweaking and fiddling will ruin this i reckon...
Unread 15 May 2013, 18:48   #96
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

telekinesis?
Unread 17 May 2013, 00:00   #97
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I worry about the lack of progress.
Unread 17 May 2013, 00:42   #98
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
I worry about the lack of progress.
Sorry, I ended up running late.

Changes made to the beta server in the last few hours - not ordered very well, sorry!

Locust T2 Bs
Broker T1 T2 swap
Arrowhead cloaked

CR emp resistance halved, apart from Zik CR:
Marauder emp resistance changed from 64 to 34
Rogue emp resistance changed from 70 to 45
Pillager emp resistance changed from 69 to 44
Cutlass damage 10->11
Inforza armour 22->19
Marauder damage 100 -> 125
Harpy damage 9->11
Gryphon damage 44->52
Centaur damage 39->47
Centaur armour 76->80

Mosquito cost 100/100/100 -> 85/85/85
Mosquito armour/damage from 13/14 to 11/12

Investor cost 232/282/232->200/240/200
Investor armour 33->29
Investor emp res 52->45

Drake damage 72 -> 83

Pegasus emp resistance 82 -> 84
Ziz emp resistance 81 -> 83

Vampyre EMP resistance 47 -> 50
Mosquito EMP resistance 64->60
Smuggler EMP resistance 72->78

Tycoon Type Cloak -> Steal
Tycoon Iniative 9->21
Tycoon Armour 140->155
Tycoon Damage 135->128

Edit: slightly jumbled reasoning:
Emp too strong for some ships (hence not nerfing individual ships)
Tycoon looked pretty pointless and changing it to steal only adds a steal loop with the Marauder and Pirate, and makes it slightly more fun to play.
Broker T2 switch to differentiate it from Wyvern, also allows Locust to have a T2 and allows Cath to be slightly more well rounded overall (i.e. slightly weaker in attack but slightly stronger in defence). I know the general feel was emp was "too strong", so I've tried to balance it a bit with that T2.
I've tweaked the EMPs to make Zik Cr stronger than Cath Cr vs EMP (i.e. the now-stronger Invester), so they can roid Etd slightly more easily
I've tried to make the Centaur a more useful ship - not sure if it's a good idea to turn it into a Co or not though.

I think Xan De needs a bit of a buff, and maybe Terran Bs.

Edit #2: removed references to Beetle

Last edited by Appocomaster; 18 May 2013 at 12:38.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2013, 01:41   #99
Plaguuu

* Beetle armour/damage from 13/14 to 11/12

Thoose armor number doesnt match the stats, and being a emp ship it doesnt have dmg nor does it match it guns if thats what u ment.

* CR emp resistance halved, apart from Zik CR:
* Investor cost 232/282/232->200/240/200

Theese 2 changes is making the investor way too good both vs cath and zik, t2 effs in the 200% range is waaay to high.

* Locust T2 Bs
* Drake damage 72 -> 83
* Investor buff

All theese changes work against Bs, I think its too much. Cath was weak against ter bs unless u had a ton of tulas, now its ridiculus hard(without etd teamup) for a wyvern with 282 dc DE at t2 to break through a high armoured ship like the locust

* Centaur damage 39-> 47
* Centaur armour 76-> 80

Might be abit much haven't run it vs pulsar in bcalc tho.
Anyway dont make it a co, then all anti fi would be co except for ranger. Which would make it useless since all xan fi would be building way more vsh than puls anyway since they struggle too much vs ranger nyway.
Unread 17 May 2013, 02:27   #100
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

ok i like most of does changes appoc ;-) but i think you went abit overboard with the 50% cut down of E/R on cr. with that e/r you made the investor the best anti CR ship in the game, and its a -2 def ship
anti CR = ghost/investor/Gryphon. even with investor got T2 Cr.
---------
ghost was allready tostrong vrs CR, and now you added one more ship that realy hurt it as well ;-)
----
roach - E/R - 34
Tarantula - E/R - 41
Hornet - E/R - 25

Marauder - E/R - 51
Rogue - E/R - 61
Pillager - E/R - 60

------
i allso think ur doing right that the ziks CR should have more E/R then cath.

one more thing with the change to Broker T1 T2 swap, bolt throwr got abit better vrs BS and maybe worth buying be4 that change ghost would do. (even tough i would not, i will still only buy Ghost.)

----------
lower the cost of Terran Bs with 2-3% and buff the fireblade dam to 28. the xan/terran DE combo is still a pain to def vrs, even with the added cloack on arrowhead.

so dont buff it tomuch ;-)
aif is offline   Reply With Quote