User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 7 Feb 2006, 22:41   #1
spookmulder
~ $p0ok / Aire ~

spookmulder is an unknown quantity at this point
Planetarion / Mobile WAP

I was just wondering wether Planetarion is available using Mobile Phone Internet and if not, why not :P

I think it would be a very cool feature as it would mean people could access their accounts to check up on them, at any time and any place. I know being a student I would love to be able to check PA during boring lectures and when Im at work or other occasions when im not near a computer

O Lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me amoung thy saints.

While the wicked stand confounded, call me, with thy saints surrounded.

~Aire~
spookmulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 22:42   #2
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
Re: Planetarion / Mobile WAP

It is.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 22:49   #3
spookmulder
~ $p0ok / Aire ~

If it is, can someone explain to me how to use it? I went to the normal portal on my phone but when i entered acc details to log in, it said Respnse Unknown. Several people are telling me several things. Some say you need to access it via GPRS, some say the website iz not a wap site, some say my mobile is a pile of ****.

~Aire~
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 23:10   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

It's probably that your mobile is wank.

You need a good phone for it to load, it is not available via wap, but if your phone has a browser then it will load. A friend of mine has one of them fancy walkman sony phones and it loads on that, however it won't load on my Samsung E720, which isn't an old phone.

I have a PSP with a browser, but no wifi connection a lot of the time.

To conclude, newer better phones will load PA.

But once again, it's PA not being as accessible as it should be.
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 23:17   #5
spookmulder
~ $p0ok / Aire ~

Will PA be any more WAP acessible in the near future? .. ie. PAN?

~Aire~
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 23:33   #6
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

No, I don't think this is something we want to be investing our time in. We would much rather spend our time making the web interface perfect than splitting our development time on to two interfaces.

And the point made in this thread about new phones supporting PA is valid. In a year or so's time when 3G mobile networks are rolled out to the masses across Europe and the rest of the world, most people won't require a specific WAP interface since their mobiles will work as normal web browsers. I haven't got the details to hand but I'm aware of some manufacturers including the Opera Mobile browser. Basically it's a light weight version of the Opera browser which supports full AJAX and CSS and all the technologies we expect to be using in the final version of the new interface.

I hope that answers your question.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 23:39   #7
spookmulder
~ $p0ok / Aire ~

arg, guess my only hope is to go buy a new mobiel then

thanks for answers

~Aire~
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 23:47   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mine's a Samsung D500 and it loads the page but no option to login - just the "enter e-mail address to continue" bit, as if I'd clicked on the incorrect password thing.

If I try going through google (it textualises everything) I find that it spits back my username/password and says they're incorrect
Unread 8 Feb 2006, 02:57   #9
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

My stupid Nokia 6230 loads the login page, then tells me it doesn't recognise the file format once I've hit submit.
But the contract expires in 6 weeks, so it won't be a problem for long.
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 17:23   #10
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Any Java/GPRS enabled phone can access the game if they head over to opera's site via Wap and download opera mini. The only problem you might have is the login questions can be hard to read on a small screen, especially with the new fonts being used
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 22:30   #11
Auto
Ultimate PA n00b

Auto is an unknown quantity at this point

My Nokia 9500 got no problems handling PA
Recomended PA phone, he he....
Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 22:33   #12
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I tried opening www.planetarion.com on my Sony Ericsson k700i. It went crazy
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 00:06   #13
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I tried opening www.planetarion.com on my Sony Ericsson k700i. It went crazy
Head to opera's wap site and grab opera mini. You will have no problem accessing PA (well apart from some of the login questions being tough to read) on the SE k700i
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 00:22   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

wow Thanks wakey

amazing
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 00:30   #15
Nadar
I see you!

lmao.. Just tried it, the text on the login question is incredible small

Edit: It's impossible to get past the questin as it's impossible to see what's there
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 00:41   #16
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
lmao.. Just tried it, the text on the login question is incredible small

Edit: It's impossible to get past the questin as it's impossible to see what's there
Some of them are extreamly tough, especially since the 'font' upgrades on the bot stoper. I normally find though every 5 or so are legiable, only problem is these normally end up being the ones you never know (like the captials ones)

Also you may want to make sure you have set the text only skin in pa first, keeps things loading quicker when you get in
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 01:24   #17
Nadar
I see you!

My problem isn't the text is showing out of box, but I'd need a microscope to see what's on it
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 19:53   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I was thinking of buying a nokia E60 or E70 once they get on market.

They include a browser zoom option.

SYMBIAN FTW!
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2006, 20:19   #19
HunTa

HunTa is an unknown quantity at this point

It works nice with my Nokia N70
Reading the login questions can be hard sometimes, but some zooming usually does the trick
HunTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2006, 22:20   #20
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

the sooner the n90 comes out the better

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote