User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 14 May 2004, 01:00   #201
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough
Re: The Wild West

Tommy listened, wondering what Arthur was talking about. What was mafia? Or a don? He must have misheard, he'd never heard of either of those things. He was more interested as to who this man's boss was. And what he wanted with the town...
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 04:13   #202
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

TOWER
"Well I don't reckon it matters to me much WHAT the boss wants this sinkhole for. From the looks of it, everyone should be happy its bein takin off their hands for em. A scoundrel I might be, but I'm all fer my country. I don't do no dealings with foreign folk. Have any of you seen the one eared pharmacist recent? I wanna make sure he's still on for our game tomorrow."

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 04:26   #203
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

so by the sounds of things, you dont know what your boss is going to do with this town because you never asked, because you dont care, ok fine, but just so you know ill be staying here for a while, at least untill your boss pays a visit, and when he does i wish to be notified, now get lost before someone other than him notices you hanging around

motions with his gun to fishbone

oh and yes i have seen the pharmasist, he got some baking soda and put the fire out, dont know where he went since then
Unread 14 May 2004, 05:45   #204
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"HE was the one that put it out? Grr.....thanks very much for that information....the boss will be wanting to know about that."

Aces moves to start his decent down the ladder.

--Mark Twain
Unread 14 May 2004, 14:09   #205
Czar

Czar is an unknown quantity at this point

Upon reaching the attic, Gaunt moved over to the curtained window carefully, making sure not to disturb the curtain until he sat down beneath it. Peeking through an old moth-hole in the cloth, he checked to see if the two men were still standing at the water tower.

Then, certain of that, he pulled out an odd kind of looking glass to observe matters a bit closer...
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:39   #206
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

lets aces go down the ladder and follows close behind

so why is that a problem?
Unread 15 May 2004, 03:47   #207
Fishbone

Tommy snuck away, and hid in the shadows while Arthur and Aces walked past. He was a bit bored, sneaking around like this wasn't his scene. The guy had asked him not to bother following though. He followed, a few paces behind, and figured he'd go back to his room when they went past the hotel.
Unread 15 May 2004, 05:40   #208
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Well, the way I see it the boss wants all this here land. Why, I don't know, it aint none of my nevermind anyhoo. As..........unfortunate....as the blaze was.......ifn it HAD burned down half o main street, think of all the people whod be wanting out o here."

--Mark Twain
Unread 15 May 2004, 07:59   #209
Mad cat

lots of them, making your life a whole lot easier, no doubt

makes a bit of a show of yawning

like you said earlier, its late and were all tired, so go back to wherever your staying, and do try not to be seen, but dont look like your sneeking. well its been a pleasure talking to you,

arthur turns and walks quickly away from aces, turning the first corner he comes to, he comes on to main streetand heads to the bar (which has likely been temporarily reopened) and gets a shot to help him get back to sleep, he then goes to the hotel and returns to his room, giving the host/ hotess an absent minded greeting as he goes by

eh...
Unread 15 May 2004, 14:08   #210
Fishbone

Tommy entered the hotel while Arthur was heading to the bar, and quietly walked up to his room. He entered, placed his jacket on a hook, and sat on the bed. He removed his boots, and lay down, face up, arms behind his head. He tried to think of all the possible reasons why Aces would want the town burnt down - and why his boss would want the town.

While thinking, his eyes gradually closed, and he drifted off to sleep...
Unread 16 May 2004, 04:40   #211
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ALL(HOTEL)
The night passes........whilest going about the daily rituals of breakfast, dressing, bathing and what not, a towns person staggers in the front door, clutching his stomache. "Anyone got anything for OWWWW!!"

--Mark Twain
Unread 16 May 2004, 06:16   #212
Mad cat

as the man staggers in arthur is just finishing his tasty breakfast, he takes his dishes to the kitchen and leaves them on the counter for later washing, he comes back out and looks the man over

whats wrong with you, been shot?
Unread 16 May 2004, 13:04   #213
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

Dawn also saw a couple of townsfolk picking over the ruins of the collapsed Church. Soon after the Assay Office had been quenched, the internal supports of the already rickety building collapsed, and dirt quickly smothered the fuelless flames. Smoke still rose, even now, but as a slightly chubby farmer reached amongst the pale dust and charred timber for a shining silver communion chalice, he came across a charred, though booted foot. The priest.
Unread 16 May 2004, 19:50   #214
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

HOTEL
"No sir, not at all........just got some terrible stomache burblins. I dunno what it could be, I just had me some water this mornin. Haven't even had breakfast and I feel like........uh oh.......OUTHOUSE!"

He runs out the door to nearest outhouse.

ANARCHARNATE
The farmer gasps to find a boot among the collapsed remains. Removing the debris and soot from the rest of your body he finally recognizes you. "FATHER!! Are you ok?"

One of the nearby townsfolk runs for the doctor.

--Mark Twain
Unread 17 May 2004, 04:06   #215
Fishbone

Tommy came down the stairs, doing up the buttons on his jacket as he did. He nodded to Arthur, who seemed to have had his breakfast already. He was unsure whether Arthur wished to discuss last night's events or not, so kept quiet. Seeing the guy run off to the outhouse made him raise an eyebrow though.

"Poor guy. I used that last night, it stinks to hell. Is there anything to eat here?"
Unread 17 May 2004, 04:26   #216
Mad cat

how unfortunate, probably had too much to drink last night, did that once, and never again, about breakfast, well they said you had to get your own so i went and bought some raw material from the bar, they actually have some good stuff, before they cook it, heh heh heh, they really have to teach someone in there to cook, uh!

cracks his neck causing a sieries of small pops to go off

ahh, much better, so what happened to the preist?
Unread 17 May 2004, 07:51   #217
anarcharnate
Big fat party animal

anarcharnate can only hope to improve

As the farmer brushes away at the dust, they begin to realise that, though intact, Father Simon is not in a good way. His face is slightly blistered, and although he is awake he seems to find it difficult to get up- or even breathe. His hands are the worst though, scorched near black and crusted with bloody heat blisters. In his left, he grasps a large crucifix, and the right, his straight razor.
"I.... couldn't -ah- leave... them" he struggles up to sit against a charred timber post.
Unread 18 May 2004, 04:11   #218
Fishbone

Tommy gritted his teeth at the sound of the man's neck clicking, and then realised what he had said.

"The... priest? What do you mean? What happened to him?" the last Tommy had seen of him, he had let him go into the smouldering building, not wanting to follow and get injured. He would feel partly responsible if anything had happened to the man.
Unread 18 May 2004, 18:01   #219
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Gwendolyn awakens later than usual due to the lack of sleep during the commotion. Yawning she makes her way downstairs just in time to see the towns person race out the back to the outhouse. Surprised she stammers a little, confused then continues.
"Oh my, is he alright? Last time I saw a reaction like that was when we made the mistake of finishing off some custard that went bad."

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 18:38   #220
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ANARCHARNATE
"Father, leave who? Don't worry, the doctor will be here soon. Can you move? Anything broken?"

HOTEL
As you all converse, out the window a couple more people are seen heading towards the outhouse, clutching their stomaches as they go. There has always been the morning bathroom rituals, but a line actually seemed to be forming.

--Mark Twain
Unread 18 May 2004, 19:28   #221
Mad cat

i mean just that, or did you not see him

looks out the window to see the people running to the outhouse

does this normaly happen?
Unread 19 May 2004, 19:33   #222
Fishbone

Tommy chewed on his tobacco, and spat it out of the window, a little ashamed after he saw the landlady's reaction. He had forgotten it wasn't the most sociable of things, after being out with 4 guys for so long.

"Wonder if it's the water from the lake? Animal mighta died in it, which made it bad? Worth checking out." He hollered out of the window to some of the people literally hopping on the ground by the outhouse "Hey! Where did the water come from, that you drank?"
Unread 19 May 2004, 19:43   #223
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Making his way down the stairs hearing tommy's shout
"Most of the water comes from the tower, thought we posses our own well in the back which we use for oursleves."
Rhys Noticing the lines of queing people outside, his face scowling whilst his mind podners on the sitatuition.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 19:56   #224
Fishbone

"The... tower?"

Tommy's eyes met Arthur's for a second, but both decided to say nothing. These two had enough to worry about without water supplies being tampered with. He'd speak to Arthur later. Perhaps their friend Aces needed to be asked a few more questions.
Unread 19 May 2004, 22:30   #225
Mad cat

frowns a little at the mention of the tower

from now on i would suggest not getting your water from there \, take it from the lake and boil it

gets up and goes outside, stopping in the doorway

i have some business to take care of, be back later
Unread 19 May 2004, 22:44   #226
Fishbone

Tommy's eyes followed Arthur out of the door, and he decided to follow. Nodding at the hotel owners, he smiled.

"I'll be back too. Promise to help out with the stairs then" he winked at Rhys and grinned. "Thanks, see you later"

He quickened his pace to catch up with Arthur, and stopped him.

"Where are you going partner?"
Unread 19 May 2004, 23:48   #227
Mad cat

a couple places, one to make a temporary deposit in that bank, and two to pay a visit to our mutual "friend" and gambler
Unread 20 May 2004, 03:36   #228
Fishbone

"Right... I'll leave you to the banking. I'm going to head over to the bar. No doubt he'll end up there soonish. I'll meet you there."
Unread 20 May 2004, 05:13   #229
Mad cat

i hope you realize that he didnt really take note of you last night, if you said anything about it he might make a scene, which we dont need
Unread 20 May 2004, 06:19   #230
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Frowns adn witha slight nod of his head the the apir leave, mutters quitly
"What are they keeping secret?"
Shrugging their actions off feeling his stomach ache for food, heads quitly into the kitchen.

Last edited by Darkling; 20 May 2004 at 17:48.
Unread 20 May 2004, 17:52   #231
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Gwendolyn continues looking out the front window at the lines, in awe at the lines. Worried for the people and themselves. Hearing Rhys mutter she turns around and follows him into the kitchen. Placing her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm wondering the same thing. They must know about something with the water tower with that reaction." She sighs. "Just one more thing to try to scare us off. They just don't get it do they....Come, sit. I'll make us breakfast."

Turning she heads to the stove to boil some water for tea wondering if something might have happened to their well too.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 21 May 2004, 04:56   #232
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

DARKLING, DRAGONSJEM
Holding the door open for Arthur and Tommy as they leave, Alec Spicer, the one eared pharmacist enters the hotel.

"Rhys? Gwen? How ya doin? Just thought I'd come and say howdy. Don't have much else to do, what with my pharmacy being closed and all. I've been seeing some odd things around here the last couple weeks, I just wanted to get your opinion on all the latest turn of events."

EVERYONE ELSE
Go somewhere, clues will certainly cross your path

--Mark Twain
Unread 21 May 2004, 08:48   #233
Czar

Czar is an unknown quantity at this point

Gaunt comes down the stairs after a while.

"Miss Prim, let me guide you home. I guess the streets are safe enough now"

For some reason he's wearing a dark trenchcoat now.
Unread 21 May 2004, 13:41   #234
Fishbone

Tommy watched Arthur head off and sauntered over to the bar. He pushed open the double doors and settled down, nodding at the barman.

"Whiskey please. What time does Aces usually come in here?"
Unread 21 May 2004, 16:36   #235
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

CZAR
"Well actually Mr. Gaunt, I have some classes to get to, being the school teacher and all. You were very brave......I thank you for your gallantry. Had you not interceded who knows what fate might have befallen me?"

As you walk down the street, she notices something.

"Oh my, look at all those people in line to use the outhouse....rather odd isn't it?"

FISHBONE
The bartender gets your whiskey. "Aces? Well he usually kicks in those doors around........"

Before he can finish his sentences Aces kicks the doors in. He saunters over the same table he sat at the previous day, accompanied by a crowd of people.

"Ah there he is now. Wonder those doors haven't broken yet. Seems to me Aces is out fer the pharmacist today, though hes made one heck of an offer. Any mans title deed for all of his. So far.........he still hasn't lost. In fact, I'm sorry to say he's my boss now."

--Mark Twain
Unread 21 May 2004, 18:48   #236
Mad cat

walks over to the bank and goes inside, he comes up to the counter and dings the service bell
Unread 21 May 2004, 19:40   #237
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

MAD CAT
McNeville comes out from the back, looking at papers while he speaks

"Yes my good fellow what might I have the pleasure of doing for you today? Perhaps you are here to take advantage of our generous offer to buy your.........."

He looks up.

"Ah.....its you again. What do you want?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 21 May 2004, 20:33   #238
Mad cat

me again?, i dont believe iv been here before, no matter, im here to make a temporary deposit
Unread 21 May 2004, 20:40   #239
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Yes...um, thats true you haven't been HERE before, but.......what I mean is, um, I've.....seen you around. Anyway a deposit is splendid, especially if you are interested in one of our new special accounts! What is it you would like to leave with us?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 21 May 2004, 21:52   #240
Mad cat

ah i see, well im just wanting you to keep this safe for me

digs out a meduim largish sized bag of gold and places it on the counter

i dont really need an account, im just wondering if you could keep it in your safe
Unread 22 May 2004, 21:32   #241
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

McNeville eyes the bag greedily. "I'd be happy to sir. Is there anything else I might do for you this fine day?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 23 May 2004, 20:43   #242
Darkling

The Pharmacist coming in just as Rhys finshed his breakfast, looking over at him.
"Well thats a question I can't say I have a full answer to, starange events have bene happening ill agree but as we msotly keep to ourselves anyway we miss a lot of what goes on."
Looking over to the boilng stove as it start to steam
"Would you like some tea? I would not wory we have our own well so whatever is affecting the people outside has yet to effect us"
Unread 23 May 2004, 23:23   #243
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Alec sighs. "Yes I suppose I'd like a cup. Haven't got much else to do today ya know? I suppose I could go hang around the saloon, but sometimes it gets a bit loud in there, and I'd prefer to keep what hearing I have left intact."

--Mark Twain
Unread 24 May 2004, 02:51   #244
Mad cat

wheighs the bag in his hand once more and estimates it at about 3 pounds, then leaves it with the banker

no i dont think there is, and just for referance, if the bag has been opened i will blame you first, and charge how much i believe is missing, good day

walks out and heads to the saloon
Unread 24 May 2004, 04:29   #245
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

McNeville places the bag in the safe as you walk out the door, making sure not to drop a coin, being intimidated by your comment. The saloon is already beginning to bustle with activity in anticipation of the final poker game between Aces and the still non present one eared pharmacist.

--Mark Twain
Unread 24 May 2004, 04:34   #246
Mad cat

goes in and gets himself a glass of vodka, then goes over to aces and talks quietly (so noone else can hear) in his ear

we need to talk
Unread 24 May 2004, 17:03   #247
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Gwendolyn places tea cups before the men and sits down with them, sipping at her own cup. At the mention of the saloon she cringes then speaks.

"Oh my yes. That place is horribly loud. I always try to pass by it as quickly as possible and on the other side of the street when i go into town. I can't see why anyone would wish to go there, especially with that stranger ...Aces...I think the rumors say. He always makes such the ruckas when he shows up. I was on the way to the hairdresser last week and I thought he'd knock the doors off !"

Her tone becoming a little excited at the end, then realizing she's talking too much she goes back to sipping her tea a little blush of embarrassment about her cheeks.

Unread 24 May 2004, 20:57   #248
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

TUESDAY AFTERNOON

MAD CAT
Aces looks up from the card game he just won smiling. Looking you in the face his countenance becomes more serious. Turning back to all the other poker players, he goes on. "Well fellas, I think thats enough winning for now, be sure to come and watch me win the pharmacy from that no good pharmacist a bit later."

The crowd remains around the table.

"Apparently you didn't understand. Let me speak your language." He pulls out his pistol "I SAID GET!"

The crowd immedietly disperses, and Aces motions for you to sit down.

"Well now that we have a bit more privacy, what is it exactly you want to talk about?"

DRAGONSJEM, DARKLING
Alec looks out the window at the townsfolk in line for the outhouse. "You know, I'm no doctor but I'd say its a safe bet that somethings happened with the water. I talked to the people in line and they're all exhibiting the same symptoms of indigestion and nausea. The only major correlation between them all is they all got some water from the tower this morning.......maybe there's something I could whip up in my lab."

He pauses for a moment. "Ms. Gwendolyn, I know exactly what you mean about all the ruckus that Aces character is causing. In fact, he's offered me a game of poker to win the city back. If I win, the title deeds go back to their original owners. If he wins, he gets my pharmacy. Now I'm sure he's cheatin, but I aim to find out how before I play. Or hope someone can find him out. That way the Sheriff would have no choice but to arrest him."

--Mark Twain
Unread 24 May 2004, 21:10   #249
Darkling

Rhys sipping slwoly at his tea letting it cool down some more, placing the cup back down on the simple wooden table, some plates pushed out the way into the center of it.
"Maybe but if what yopu are saying is correct then you wont win, and I doubt the sheriff can do much he has barly shown his face recently. Unless you accoutn for all the forced closers, I would not play taht game if I was you its what Aces wants beside I doubt he would keep his word if you won anyway doesnt sound in his character."
Taking more of gulp this time letting the tea trickle down his thoat, warming his insides.
"Best you go and see what you can do about that contaminted water first, at the moment thats a more emidiate problem."
Unread 25 May 2004, 05:49   #250
Mad cat

sits down looking aces in the eyes boring holes into his skull, and sais quietly

last night, at the water tower, what did you do to the water supply?