User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jul 2003, 09:19   #1
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3072529.stm

^^ if this happens, america deserves things like september 11th

and before everyone starts to hate me, just cos its only two people its no worse than a thousand, its still wrongful death

and the fact is, they have no ****ing right.

im so ****ing pissed off with america and i know theres nothing i can do.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 09:34   #2
seventh
Lai

by america, do not take it that i mean every american ever, (cos i know some of your would do that and then declare war on me) i mean those in congress who are controlling this.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 09:42   #3
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
TUT, those pesky illigal combatants!
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 09:58   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
how many times o i have to say it

AMERICA SUCKS
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 09:59   #5
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
They've been abusing human rights for decades, yet still can't figgure out why people fly planes into thier buildings. Its the same logic that clearly shows that its all Marilyn Mansons fault that kids shoot each other.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:05   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Nearly as disgusting as listening to Uncle Tony use American rhetoric yesterday in congress.

Oh what a world we live in, etc.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:11   #7
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Much as am critical of the US, I really dont see how a sentimental piece of 'journalism' centered around someones 4th child should mean he should be released when there is a good chance he is in fact a terrorist or terrorist supporter (someone voluntarily exchanging britain for taliban-ruled afghanistan obviously doesnt think too highly of western culture).

Also, I despise on principle this sort of 'lets play the emotional card' reporting, it is weak and cheap and worst of all actually seems to work on some people.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:29   #8
seventh
Lai

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
Much as am critical of the US, I really dont see how a sentimental piece of 'journalism' centered around someones 4th child should mean he should be released when there is a good chance he is in fact a terrorist or terrorist supporter (someone voluntarily exchanging britain for taliban-ruled afghanistan obviously doesnt think too highly of western culture).

Also, I despise on principle this sort of 'lets play the emotional card' reporting, it is weak and cheap and worst of all actually seems to work on some people.
you are old

and therefore should be deleted.

Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:31   #9
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Quote:
The article wasn't suggesting he be released.

"His family hope against hope that Moazzam and fellow Briton, Feroz Abbasi, 23, of Luton, will be handed over to the UK to face justice here. "
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:37   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

Quote:
Originally posted by seventh

and before everyone starts to hate me, just cos its only two people its no worse than a thousand, its still wrongful death
Actually there are thousands of prisoners there.

How come Pakistan gets there citizens repatriated?
Quote:
Eleven men have returned home to Pakistan after spending nearly two years as prisoners of the US military at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.
An official of the Pakistani interior ministry said they had been expecting 13 citizens to be repatriated. There was no immediate explanation for the discrepancy.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:04   #11
seventh
Lai

i know im just saying people would bring up "its just two people etc" i know there are lots of others, but im focusing on these two because theyre in the public eye

its not thati want them free'd etc. its just none of americas ****ing problem, they caught them, now they should hand them over.

Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:07   #12
seventh
Lai

plus the fact that i know, if there is a justifiable reason for them to do so, countries in the world would and probably want to go to war with america due to it messing up a lot of stuff

and as much as id like to join them if there was a VALID reason, i know my country will just line up our troops in front of the guns.

if we do, im moving to the continent.

Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:24   #13
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

america deserves things like september 11th
I'm having anti-America feelings too, mainly because of their foreign policy, their ignorance towards other cultures, them feeling superior to other countries and general lack of respect for human beings. This article only adds to it.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 11:31   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
he didn'T say McDonalds. he is clearly the most evil of the most evil, because Rumsfeld says so.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:52   #15
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
BURN AMERICA!

and so on and so forth, just save the super models
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:13   #16
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Much as am critical of the US, I really dont see how a sentimental piece of 'journalism' centered around someones 4th child should mean he should be released when there is a good chance he is in fact a terrorist or terrorist supporter
Might as well nuke the whole ****ing country, they're all a bunch of raghead terrorists.

Quote:

(someone voluntarily exchanging britain for taliban-ruled afghanistan obviously doesnt think too highly of western culture).
Definitely. We're the best! In fact, anyone who isn't desperately trying to get into a Western country is a terrorist. Also, those who get in are terrorists.

Quote:

You must despise Western culture then.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:23   #17
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
and seventh wins for his "most serious thing" involving face-eating camel spiders.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:23   #18
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
America is in trouble
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:35   #19
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Might as well nuke the whole ****ing country, they're all a bunch of raghead terrorists.

Definitely. We're the best! In fact, anyone who isn't desperately trying to get into a Western country is a terrorist. Also, those who get in are terrorists.

You must despise Western culture then.

Thank you for so utterly and completely missing my point.
It takes skill I do not doubt.

Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:38   #20
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
You have missed his point
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:47   #21
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by vampire_lestat

AMERICA SUCKS
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 13:50   #22
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
how about if the young english man in prison over there set a bomb that killed a couple of young families, or one family, or a child, or infact anyone
would you be moaning if he was proven the one to have recruited others to do it
or if he was one of the people who had something to do with the planes flying into those towers

think they should all be shot and have it over with
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:24   #23
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
I think America should withdraw from Iraq and let Isreal clean house.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:29   #24
queball
Ball

Quote:
Could you explain how instead of "doing a Yahwe"?

You seemed to be saying that people who go to non-Western countries, such as my friends who go to Africa to dig wells, or this Moazzam fellow, have a "good chance" of being terrorists. You seem to have a very prejudicial mindset.

You also accuse the BBC article of being "emotional" as if mentioning that he has been deprived of access to his child invalidates the entire article. Well, it's hard to explain human rights violations without describing the real effects. Other articles have listed the technical violations, but what is in the end important to real people is things like being deprived of family, of free speech, etc. Prisoners who aren't at Guantanamo Bay are allowed to see their family occasionally or at least read their letters. Are you just afraid that an "emotional" article might actually stir up some sense of emotion in you?
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:31   #25
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
I disagree Whole heartedly........Crunchy peanut butter is NOT as good as smooth peanut butter and thus should not be included as Americas greatest contribution to the world.
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:35   #26
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

You seemed to be saying that people who go to non-Western countries, such as my friends who go to Africa to dig wells, or this Moazzam fellow, have a "good chance" of being terrorists. You seem to have a very prejudicial mindset.
If he is, he might have something. What I object to is considering everyone he would count as a "terrorist" (or "terrorist supporter" an even worse term) as somehow a bad person, to be hunted down and locked up even if he didn't break any law.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:52   #27
seventh
Lai

Quote:
Originally posted by madi
how about if the young english man in prison over there set a bomb that killed a couple of young families, or one family, or a child, or infact anyone
or if he was one of the people who had something to do with the planes flying into those towers

i would also feel bad if you did the samething...similar proof how do we know if you're a terrorist??

Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 14:57   #28
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Could you explain how instead of "doing a Yahwe"?

This is actually quite insulting.
I would advise you to read again what I posted, and try and actually comprehend it this time. If you cannot, you arent worth the effort of arguing with.

If you cannot differentiate between me pointing out that he actually might be in there for a reason and 'nuke the ragheads' I feel sorry for you. You argue like a 15-year old. (Which you might be, in which case you should be out playing soccer or something this time of day).

Quote:
You also accuse the BBC article of being "emotional" as if mentioning that he has been deprived of access to his child invalidates the entire article. Well, it's hard to explain human rights violations without describing the real effects. Other articles have listed the technical violations, but what is in the end important to real people is things like being deprived of family, of free speech, etc. Prisoners who aren't at Guantanamo Bay are allowed to see their family occasionally or at least read their letters. Are you just afraid that an "emotional" article might actually stir up some sense of emotion in you?
I object to it because it is completely irrelevant to the case at hand. It is a typical journalistic ploy to engender reader emotion, which mars the ability to think rationally.
The sad fact is that most readers respond to this.

A good example is the Sun or some such rag posting an article about European laws being discussed. One of those laws was about a europe-wide ruling in what you can term 'chocolate'.
For example in Belgium the minimum amount of cocoa is set higher than it is in Germany or the Uk. The proposal was for one single % to be set across the EU. What was the 'newspaper' headline?
"BELGIANS SAY WE CANT CALL OUR CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE !"

Back to the topic at hand, I really could care less if he has 0 or 100 kids and if he ever saw them and if he is kind to his mum or if he kicks his dog.
Neither should you.
The only thing that matters is if he is involved directly or indirectly in terrorism.

Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:06   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Military tribunals should have the power to impose the death penalty on civilians, with no whom state of war has been declared, and in trials where they have no rights I agree. I can see once again we've all thought this through from a relatively sane standpoint.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:08   #30
queball
Ball

Quote:
This is actually quite insulting.
I would advise you to read again what I posted, and try and actually comprehend it this time. If you cannot, you arent worth the effort of arguing with.
In response to an article that concerns how people from Afghanistan are denied rights that Americans are entitled to:
Quote:
posted earlier by Fifth_teletubbie

there is a good chance he is in fact a terrorist or terrorist supporter (someone voluntarily exchanging britain for taliban-ruled afghanistan obviously doesnt think too highly of western culture).
"there is a good chance"
So what? The question is, why should he be treated worse than someone arrested in America (for ANY crime, even for paedophilic terrorist insider trading) would be treated.

Quote:

If you cannot differentiate between me pointing out that he actually might be in there for a reason and 'nuke the ragheads' I feel sorry for you. You argue like a 15-year old.
You argue like a racist.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:09   #31
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
^^ if this happens, america deserves things like september 11th
I hope with hindsight you feel ashamed of this.

Quote:
and before everyone starts to hate me, just cos its only two people its no worse than a thousand, its still wrongful death.
Two people isn't equal to a thousand at all, especially when the "thousand" are innocent civilians and the two are fanatics trying to cause more suffering.

Quote:
and the fact is, they have no ****ing right.
They got caught in a military situation so they're held as military prisoners by their captors.

The UK uproar about "bring these two home just because they're British" annoys me (and I'm British too). They fought against us and don't deserve our support.
Quetzovercoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:12   #32
queball
Ball

Re: Re: the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

Quote:
Originally posted by Quetzovercoatl
they're held as military prisoners
no they aren't
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:15   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Two people isn't equal to a thousand at all, especially when the "thousand" are innocent civilians and the two are fanatics trying to cause more suffering.

**** me I must have missed the memo that reversed 2000 years of legal and moral precedent. Guilty until executed by an "impartial" military tribunal is it? It'd be more moral to just reopen the gulags, at least then there'd be less lying going on.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:16   #34
W
Gubbish

Quote:
[b]This is actually quite insulting.

If you cannot differentiate between me pointing out that he actually might be in there for a reason and 'nuke the ragheads' I feel sorry for you. You argue like a 15-year old. (Which you might be, in which case you should be out playing soccer or something this time of day).

I object to it because it is completely irrelevant to the case at hand. It is a typical journalistic ploy to engender reader emotion, which mars the ability to think rationally.
The sad fact is that most readers respond to this.

A good example is the Sun or some such rag posting an article about European laws being discussed. One of those laws was about a europe-wide ruling in what you can term 'chocolate'.
For example in Belgium the minimum amount of cocoa is set higher than it is in Germany or the Uk. The proposal was for one single % to be set across the EU. What was the 'newspaper' headline?
"BELGIANS SAY WE CANT CALL OUR CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE !"

Back to the topic at hand, I really could care less if he has 0 or 100 kids and if he ever saw them and if he is kind to his mum or if he kicks his dog.
Neither should you.
The only thing that matters is if he is involved directly or indirectly in terrorism.
You an objectivist by any chance?

The idea of emotions somehow hindering (instead of being the basis of) rational thought is silly.

And the "nuke the ragheads" was an example of taking something to an extreme, to show it's negative sides. He did not equate your statement literally with "nuke the ragheads".
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:17   #35
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
**** me I must have missed the memo that reversed 2000 years of legal and moral precedent. Guilty until executed by an "impartial" military tribunal is it? It'd be more moral to just reopen the gulags, at least then there'd be less lying going on.
So long as there is room for Archer i'm in agreement

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:30   #36
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:

You argue like a racist.
You have no idea how funny that comment is. Well done.

And congratulations, you are the 2nd person ever on my ignore list.

Edit: or intended to.

Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:31   #37
W
Gubbish

Quote:
They got caught in a military situation so they're held as military prisoners by their captors.
Well, that surely cleared away alot of text from the treaties concerning POWs.
Quote:

The UK uproar about "bring these two home just because they're British" annoys me (and I'm British too). They fought against us and don't deserve our support.
"Us agains Them" is it? Being wrong, or on the wrong side, of one thing, automatically makes you wrong in everything else, does it? Being a criminal, or a soldier on the "wrong side" automatically robs you of all and any rights? I have to disapoint you, but most of the western world disagree.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:36   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
You have no idea how funny that comment is. Well done.

And congratulations, you are the 2nd person ever on my ignore list.

Edit: or intended to.
We hire great mods :)
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:36   #39
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold

with regard to my mistaken comment "they are held as military prisoners"

Quote:
no they aren't
I didn't phrase that as clearly as I'd intended, I meant "prisoners of the military"

When I challenged the statement "just cos its only two people its no worse than a thousand, its still wrongful death" I was only doing so from simple logic. 2<1000.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:44   #40
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quote:
Originally posted by W
"Us agains Them" is it? Being wrong, or on the wrong side, of one thing, automatically makes you wrong in everything else, does it? Being a criminal, or a soldier on the "wrong side" automatically robs you of all and any rights? I have to disapoint you, but most of the western world disagree.
If a British citizen with extremist sympathies is captured among the taliban, then it's not likely he took a wrong turn on the way to the shops.

Here's a statement for you to wave your handbags at :

I think "innocent until proven guilty" is unbalanced. I'm not saying "guilty till proven innocent" is better, but they're equally wrong extremes. I'd be happy to see a verdict introduced of "probably guilty"

Now get those quoting trousers on
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:48   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

Quote:
I think "innocent until proven guilty" is unbalanced. I'm not saying "guilty till proven innocent" is better, but they're equally wrong extremes. I'd be happy to see a verdict introduced of "probably guilty"
Are you ****ing mad? Why don't we just let history's top 50 greatest tyrants run the law courts? How can someone be "probably guilty" before they've been tried? Law courts exist for us all, not just those of us who are "probably innocent".
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 17:46   #42
queball
Ball

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3078143.stm

heh
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 17:53   #43
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by madi

look, you can put them into prison and still respect human rights etc. and not hide them in some random military base and deny them any official status, just to please the mob.
its not that difficult, most western countries do that with their normal criminals.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 18:01   #44
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

Quote:
Are you ****ing mad? Why don't we just let history's top 50 greatest tyrants run the law courts?
Because most of them are dead, and if they were alive, they'd be too busy dictating to worry about a few fanatics who found themselves on the losing side (in other words, ask a silly question.....)

If the prisoners weren't guilty, they wouldn't be in prison. This is because what they're guilty of is being taliban/al qaida supporters and the evidence is their actual bodies being there to be captured.

Quote:
How can someone be "probably guilty" before they've been tried?
Someone is guilty if they've committed an offence, the decision of a court doesn't make them so.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 18:27   #45
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
The article wasn't suggesting he be released.

"His family hope against hope that Moazzam and fellow Briton, Feroz Abbasi, 23, of Luton, will be handed over to the UK to face justice here. "
Apparently, the US has said they are willing to repatriate these men but that there appears to be no UK law under which they could be tried; so repatriating them would essentially mean they'd just be released--which we are not willing to do.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 19:33   #46
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
look, you can put them into prison and still respect human rights etc. and not hide them in some random military base and deny them any official status, just to please the mob.
its not that difficult, most western countries do that with their normal criminals.
No one said they aren't. Theres some media hype but nothing worth a damn..hell, if anything, those letters home support the idea that said individuals are being well taken care of.

The US has no place to put them other than where they are and, as Tacitus stated, the lack of laws elsewhere means that if we want being a terrorist to be illegal, we have to try them as criminals our damn selves.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 20:12   #47
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

Quote:
If the prisoners weren't guilty, they wouldn't be in prison.

Dear lord. Never type, or say, anything again. Ever.
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 20:38   #48
W
Gubbish

Re: Re: Re: Re: the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

Quote:
If a British citizen with extremist sympathies is captured among the taliban, then it's not likely he took a wrong turn on the way to the shops.

Here's a statement for you to wave your handbags at :

Now get those quoting trousers on
I never ever mentioned anything about innocence.

In fact, why did you even quote me, and quote that part?
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 20:58   #49
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
I think camp x-ray is a fking brilliant idea and Im glad it is the 'ragheads' that are getting the first taste of real prison life.

I only hope that the UK takes this super idea onboard and downgrades all of our prisons to the same standard so that all of her majesties prisoners can have similar treatment.

Then maybe people would think twice before comitting any crime.

THREE CHEERS FOR CAMP X RAY - HIP HIP HOORAY! \o/ \o/ \o/
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 21:01   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the most serious thing ive ever posted i think...

Quote:
If the prisoners weren't guilty, they wouldn't be in prison. This is because what they're guilty of is being taliban/al qaida supporters and the evidence is their actual bodies being there to be captured.

Someone is guilty if they've committed an offence, the decision of a court doesn't make them so.

Dear god.