User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Jun 2003, 22:36   #1
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Mountain Bikes

So, are any of you lot into Mountain Bikes?
I'm looking to buy a bike but not sure what i really want or what to look for.
I want a cross between a street bike, so i can bike to work, and something to use on the the biking trails in my local forest.

All good advice will be rewarded with a 'nana
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 10:07   #2
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mountain Bikes

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
I want a cross between a street bike, so i can bike to work, and something to use on the the biking trails in my local forest.

if you want it that custom.............

build it yourself! thats what i did.
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 10:53   #3
PAUL2

PAUL2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mountain Bikes

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof

MAYBE ASKING A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT "OUTSIDE" IS LIKE WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE?
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 10:55   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Re: Mountain Bikes

Quote:
Originally posted by PAUL2
MAYBE ASKING A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT "OUTSIDE" IS LIKE WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE?

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAA STILL DIDNT LOSE THE MAGIC FUNNEH STICK!!!!

Unread 24 Jun 2003, 11:09   #5
PAUL2

PAUL2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Mountain Bikes

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAA STILL DIDNT LOSE THE MAGIC FUNNEH STICK!!!!

SHUSH
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 16:56   #6
warrmr

warrmr is an unknown quantity at this point
ok im a lover of team saracen so here are a few of my fave bikes they got. they have redesigned some of them since i got mine.

i have a RAW² that was the Limeted edition year 2k edition.

if your one of those crazy ****ers that finds youself doing crazy stuff on your bike like downhilling and going over alot of rought terain at speeds then you have the choice of these 4 bikes there not specalist to downhilling or road riding

http://www.saracen.co.uk/rawpro.html
http://www.saracen.co.uk/vice.html
http://www.saracen.co.uk/ikon.html
http://www.saracen.co.uk/raw.html

now if your the kind that wants to do "street" riding. you know all those kids you see in crowds on bikes hopping off bins and cars n stuff then these bikes are for you

http://www.saracen.co.uk/madteam.html it has been renamed it used to be the sarecen X-cess nice little bike they have swapped the front cable artic disk brake with magura hs33 hydraulic rim brakes 10x more powerfull than the cable disk brake that they used to have

http://www.saracen.co.uk/mad.html used to be known as the sarecen X-cile if i remember right

now if u want a bike from A > B then this is for u

http://www.saracen.co.uk/zenith.html

then a genral all rounders bike

http://www.saracen.co.uk/rufftrax.html

you will find that these bikes will range from £200 - ~£700

now after i got my bike i was doing some DHing and come off it now the people who were with me sed it was spectactular but i broke both my front teeth and i practicly wrecked my bike. i needed new wheels and front brake needed re tuning.

so i got soem bomber rims (there the cool areo rims (reduces drag)) and i got soem DHIdrve wheels (more grip for muddy conditions(there a bitch on the road ))
im looking into getting some HS33s or HS66s www.magura.com there a german company that specalise in motobikes but have moved there tech to "push" bikes so now they make suspension forks and brakes specallised in hydraulic brakes they will stop you dead from 150mph not that ull get that fast on a bike fastest i been was 40 mph and that was down a hill. god the wind in your hair and the addrenalin in my blood it was wicked. would never do any DHing without a full face helmet since i came off and buggered up my teeth
warrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 17:34   #7
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by warrmr
Intersting stuff
Thanks
Here's you banana as promised
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 17:42   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
also, it might just be me, but may i suggest a couple of things:
1. stick to a hardtail bike
2. if you can afford it, get a bike with disc breaks rather that rim breaks
i will think of more when i get home and sit down and think about it properly, one thing though, if you have no expertise, ASK, even if it is just the guy in your local halfords, you are under no obligation to buy, and they do generally give OK advice, if you have a local independent bike shop, so much the better