User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:52   #1
Fasiel

'Secret' tactics

Well now sincce we arereachingtheend of planetarion, i wonder if people have certain tactics that sofar they didn't feel the need to share whith everyone sofar.

Well i am also very curious about tthe tactics that seemed to have thebest effect.

Also things like saving resources for a few days then ordering ships that take 12 plus hours so you can attack far below your actuall 20% size.

etc...

So let's hear it people
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 19:25   #2
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Ask some Topplayer how many farms they had and how much that E cost were for the overburn attacks so no1 can see when newsie is not up... guess that is the only secret "tactic"
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 20:30   #3
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
I was in the top 20 for about the first 1000 ticks (curse oversleeping!) and I can quite confidently say I've seen no evidence of farming at all.

All the big alliances would love to get their enemies closed for farming, and have been watching each other's their big planets very closely, with news scans, and before that using www.pilkara.com and watching the % size increases.

The winning tactic is simply a combination of lack of sleep, picking the right alliance, and being lucky when you raid.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 21:11   #4
MrPubes
Lieutnant Commander

MrPubes can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r
The winning tactic is simply a combination of lack of sleep, picking the right alliance, and being lucky when you raid.
very well said, i absolutely second that.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 23:04   #5
thomas4
CHICKEN DIPPHAAAAZ

thomas4 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i triple that then :-)

its all a game of luck

and mayb a lil bit of insight
R4: [30:21:11] n00b
R5: [31:24:10] TFD
R6: [04:02:06] Xylem
R7: [27:20:11] Lithyn
R8: [29:02:05] Lithyn \ Elysium
R9: [05:05:09] WolfPack \ Sapientia (while it lasted...)
R9.5: [XX:XX:XX] Enjoying random inactivity...

Ex-Lithyn [\] †
thomas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 00:33   #6
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
all luck
i have no luck

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 00:38   #7
Schleng

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas4
yeah i triple that then :-)
its all a game of luck
and mayb a lil bit of insight
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 08:09   #8
Spoonman
MSc

Spoonman is an unknown quantity at this point
its about momentum!
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:31   #9
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Andy_r has explained the most important things. There are areas of skill in planetation but these involve areas such as politics, DC & BC work etc. They aren't particularly relevant to having a top planet other than raising your profile which helps get more def if needed.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 19:15   #10
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
a top 10 player said it quite well sometime in r4, You gotta keep your fleets busy attacking 24/7. And thus gain a few roids each day..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 19:29   #11
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
a top 10 player said it quite well sometime in r4, You gotta keep your fleets busy attacking 24/7. And thus gain a few roids each day..
hehe cool.

I was on about 5000 roids at the end of R4 and a galmate pointed out that anyone who had farmed 60 roids a day would be at a similar level. Kind of scary.

Since then my goal has been more towards gaining something EVERY day, consistency rather than the big stuff. R7 I retired and just went for 2-3 easy targets each night with the goal of gaining 60 roids, often doing better. Doing that for 6 weeks got me T30 on score/roids.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 00:06   #12
Memtok

Memtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura about
Re: 'Secret' tactics

Wow...this is old
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 00:24   #13
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

wow thats a bad bump.
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 00:32   #14
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

But still relevent.

The best things to do at this game is to attack. Attack every day with 2 fleets.

Times. Their are certain times in the game that are the best for attacking, mainly when europe sleeps so about 3am GMT - 5am GMT is generally some of the best times as thats when most alliance defence is at it weakest.

Value. Try to attack the biggest players you can with regards to value.

Losses. Try not to be put off by losing ships somtimes the end justifys the means and losing a few ships today will put you in a better position tomorrow.

Rescorses. Horde your res throughout the day till just before landing then spend them all. This lowers your value and thus gives a larger XP jump than you would have previously had.

Calc. Always calculate your battles before you launch, also even if theirs defence dont be put off till you calculate a worste case scenario it might not be as bad as it looks.

Help. Try to always attack in groups so that you can cover a whole galaxy with incoming this reduces the chances of ingal eta 5 defence.

The last tactic thats very very usful fleet catch thy enemy. But i dont want to be responsable for explaining how this is done as its an evil tactic and should only be learned by losing your whole fleet.

Im not sure how much this will help people or how much is secret tactics but was somthing to do when im bored if i tink of anything else i will add it in.

excuse my spelling
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 01:36   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ah, i'm glad to see your perfectly clear on your definition of 'secret'.

WAIT, WHATS THAT, SARCASM?! ON THE INTERNET? GET OUT OF HERE YOU SCOUNDREL!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 21:35   #16
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

My secret Tactic is getting my ant colony to help me.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote