User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2005, 00:06   #1
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future
Mobile phones and PA

I've been thinking of getting a new phone for a while now, and after reading some of the threads in suggestions I thought it would be really nifty to get one which i could use to login to pa, in lectures for example when i cant get to a comp and init, or when im out clubbing.

So, this is the dilemma, i have no idea which phone to choose. I need one thats fairly cheap to run as im moving out soon and dont wanna be lumbered with a huge phone bill every month. I live in the UK (northern ireland) if its important.

I also havnt got a ****ing clue when it comes to technical stuff, so i'd appreciate if someone could give a phone which will work with the bot q without having to tweak to high heaven, or, if they could explain how to on irc/forum pm

Thanks PD!
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 02:09   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mobile phones and PA

Since pa is very unlikely to offer mobile phone support any time soon, I think any that supports an html browser with cookies is your best bet
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 07:39   #3
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

But even an HTML browser with cookies support won't work too well because PA doesn't have a text-based skin yet, though I hear one may be in the works for the future.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 07:40   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
But even an HTML browser with cookies support won't work too well because PA doesn't have a text-based skin yet, though I hear one may be in the works for the future.
Unless one can make Leshy's work with the browser, which may be possible as many mobile phone browsers are Opera. If anyone ever gets this to work, I hope they post a guide.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 08:45   #5
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Buy me one and i'll make you a guide
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2005, 12:10   #6
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

I use the T-Mobile Sidekick and PA works great on it but you wanted something inexpensive so this would not be for you.
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 01:01   #7
Atolla
Subh HC

Atolla is an unknown quantity at this point

Wap is greate , costs money
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 04:57   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I use a P900 with the Opera browser designed specifically for it. Normal browser doesnt work due to the login bot question.

Opera is superior anyway.

But a p900 is an expensive piece of kit.

Although it has touchscreen which is far more efficient for manipulating the PA menus.

Additionally the p900 can support an IRC clientt.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2005, 13:09   #9
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

An IRC client? Now that is good.

Thanks zhil i'll have a look into spending all my student loan on this, im sure i can go a few months without food!