User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:04   #1
Remberasha

Remberasha has a little shameless behaviour in the past
AN IDEA~! (To Fix Exile Abuse)

*sigh* -

So people are using exile to form private galaxys,.. thereby creating an unfair playing field yet once again...

How about some coding that does the following...

When a planet is exiled - the planet is moved into a holding Que.

While in that que the player can still do most normal functions - scans, mining, ship building etc. but the planet cannot launch fleets. All fleets would be recalled when a planet is exiled, as well as attackers/defenders.

Then at a random hour once a day, (random so people cannot predict exile and use this to their advantage), but at that random hour all of the planets held within the "holding que" would be shuffled and randomly placed into the available open galaxy slots.

This would prevent exile for gain in most cases, although I'm sure a few alliances would exile for the random chance at recieving a team-mate, but with this system it would be very costly in minerals and probably not worth it in the long run...

Just an idea---

Remby
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:08   #2
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough
Re: AN IDEA~! (To Fix Exile Abuse)

Great idea but dont expect any more coding in PA. Just not gonna happen
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:31   #3
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Why is it an unfair playing field? It's harder to hurt an alliance with 10 players in 10 gals than it is for 10 players in one gal. Fair enough you spot incomings quicker, but the potential neutral support for ingal def is lost, draining more allied resources.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 23:59   #4
Zzz
Lemming

Zzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Why is it an unfair playing field? It's harder to hurt an alliance with 10 players in 10 gals than it is for 10 players in one gal. Fair enough you spot incomings quicker, but the potential neutral support for ingal def is lost, draining more allied resources.
Normally I would agree with you. However, I believe that there is more of a tendency towards mixed 'private' galaxies. A possiblity would, mayhaps, be a Dragons/Eclipse gal.
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:03   #5
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remberasha
*sigh* -

So people are using exile to form private galaxys,.. thereby creating an unfair playing field yet once again...

How about some coding that does the following...

When a planet is exiled - the planet is moved into a holding Que.

While in that que the player can still do most normal functions - scans, mining, ship building etc. but the planet cannot launch fleets. All fleets would be recalled when a planet is exiled, as well as attackers/defenders.

Then at a random hour once a day, (random so people cannot predict exile and use this to their advantage), but at that random hour all of the planets held within the "holding que" would be shuffled and randomly placed into the available open galaxy slots.

This would prevent exile for gain in most cases, although I'm sure a few alliances would exile for the random chance at recieving a team-mate, but with this system it would be very costly in minerals and probably not worth it in the long run...

Just an idea---

Remby
would be easy to abuse since the planet cant get defence itself or cant be attacked. So you would be save.
Furthermore i gave already a lengthy reply how to fix the bug without such a big codeing.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 00:05   #6
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzz
Normally I would agree with you. However, I believe that there is more of a tendency towards mixed 'private' galaxies. A possiblity would, mayhaps, be a Dragons/Eclipse gal.
Infact something like that would be quiet illogical.
More logical would be natural allies forming a "stronghold" galaxy with 3-4 players each and mixing one hostile and a few neutrals into it to get some arbiterprotections and some extra defence.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 12:16   #7
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quick fix: make the new gal be random, not top/down search. And batch the exiles in 5 at a time, or 10, or whatever sounds ok.

OR another option: Make the exile permant, but randomly let the exile wait for 1-4 ticks.

Those 2 combined will end it.

Not that anything matters anymore in PaX :-)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote