User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:42   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Evanescence

Am I the only person that doesn't like them?

They just sound like Linkin Park, but with a female lead vocalist. The rest sounds almost exactly the same.

And Linkin Park were new and exciting 3-4 years ago, but their music just sounds samey now.

Hmmm.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:52   #2
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
no i think they are something awful.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:53   #3
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
no i think they are something awful.
you'll get arrested!!
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:54   #4
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
sorry

i was telling the truth though, i dont like them.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 22:55   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I don't think they're anything special.

I detested on first hearing their single (dunno what it's called, the one with the bird falling off the building for no good reason in the video) but it's grown on me a little. But still not gripping.

There's nothing wrong with being samey though. Some of my favourite current listens (e.g. Blink / Sum 41) are emulating (to an extent) Green Day from some time ago. The problem is usually that they're samey but worse quality, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 23:02   #6
bink

She looks sexy, just mute the sound.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 23:13   #7
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
I don't think I've actually heard it :\

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 23:17   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's a difference though. Linkin Park's songs are shiet. Evanescence has several absolutely rocking ones.

Last edited by Leshy; 6 Jul 2003 at 23:39.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 23:23   #9
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
get their album it rocks.
Their new single is Going under and also check out Tourniquet it rocks as well
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 23:38   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
theyre boring.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 23:38   #11
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
There's a couple of decent tracks on the album, but overall Evanescence are headed for another case of Linkin Park-style overhyping.
Unread 6 Jul 2003, 23:52   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
get their album it rocks.
Their new single is Going under and also check out Tourniquet it rocks as well

Tourniquet was a quite class Marilyn Manson track.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 01:39   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
****. linkin park? **** too.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 02:26   #14
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
There's a difference though. Linkin Park's songs are shiet. Evanescence has several absolutely rocking ones.
Agreed. Linkin Park's first album was so-so...Meteora has quite a few good songs on it.

However Evanescence's album Fallen pretty much rocks out in entirety.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
rageybabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 04:46   #15
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe I'm wildly off the mark here, but I thought their one single so far was Linkin Park, and they were 'featured'.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 05:13   #16
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Maybe I'm wildly off the mark here, but I thought their one single so far was Linkin Park, and they were 'featured'.
You're wildly off the mark here.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 05:33   #17
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I mean, I am only basing this opinion on the one song, but it was very similar.

I think they have the ability to do a lot more, I'm just hoping they'll do that and not stick down the same path.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 06:13   #18
'|'empest
Stoke

'|'empest is an unknown quantity at this point
I am now going to be dull and point out that only that one single has the bloke in it, the rest are just the woman vocalist.
'|'empest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 07:15   #19
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
I quite like Linkin Parks latest album.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 08:18   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I was going round town one day, and 3 music shops I went in had the album on.

All of their songs are exactly the same.

Also, Linkin Park's first album, although fairly ****e, was listenable-to for a couple of goes. Meteora is disgustingly bad.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 08:19   #21
rageybabey
Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I was going round town one day, and 3 music shops I went in had the album on.

All of their songs are exactly the same.
Linkin Park or Evanescence?
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 08:27   #22
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I was talking about Evanescence.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 08:37   #23
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
I love them both.

Blow me.
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 08:44   #24
rageybabey
Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I was talking about Evanescence.
Then clearly you suck.

Maybe you and Hobbie could work something out.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 08:48   #25
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by rageybabey
Maybe you and Hobbie could work something out.
"I'm still Jenny from da hood!"
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 12:06   #26
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
They're crap and their live performance is even crappier
Unread 7 Jul 2003, 12:33   #27
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it, i think the girl has a unusual voice.
I surprised myself with the album as it's not usually my type of music, which may account for why you Linkin park lot don't seem to like it.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 01:04   #28
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
I hate Evanescence and Linkin Park
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 07:45   #29
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
hmmm, i can't stand linkin park, but i'm yet to find an evanescence song i don't like (inc the eps)

one thing you can't say about the album is that they're all the same ffs, it's one of the most varied albums around atm, and her voice is

however, the video = ****e (she = sex0r)
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 13:20   #30
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
lame...LAME!!! ****ing evanescence wank **** nodrog ****e wank crap **** **** bollocks...grr!!! the rest of their music sounds like opera with linkin parks guitarist behind it

theyll be lame in a few months

inme

****ing dickweed spangle ****ing essex queerboy faggot bum****ing pillow biters
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 13:24   #31
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
dont get me started on linkin park.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote