User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:07   #51
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: does anyone else remember when threads used to drop off the page in hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
No, seriously. You talk rubbish.

For instance, you have made a prime mistake of the air-head left. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is a 'conservative', etc.

I don't know your age, but, judging from all the levels of political sophistication your opinions exude, I'd guess it was fourteen.
no - i've come to the conclusion over time that "judging from all the levels of political sophistication your opinions exude, I'd guess.. you were a conservative"

I'm 19 and remarkably intelligent, (if this pathethic country education system is to go by anything)

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:08   #52
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember when JJ deleted me when I asked if he wanted to play chess...

Of couse, I did spend more then half the day spamming first.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:10   #53
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
remarkably intelligent
This is true, at least, although not in the sense that you mean it.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why people think you're stupid when you call a famously left wing poster a conservative.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:12   #54
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
This is true, at least, although not in the sense that you mean it.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why people think you're stupid when you call a famously left wing poster a conservative.
manson is a lefty?

oh -hum

well my mistake then....im sure he was.... or am i mixing him up with someone else?

Zar
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:13   #55
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: does anyone else remember when threads used to drop off the page in hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Or does it only work for politics?
Sophistication does not rely on your knowledge (or lack of) of a subject, it relies upon how well (or not) you rationalise and articulate what you posses.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:16   #56
Ole Lukoe

Ole Lukoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Reminder: smart people do not post on GD
Ole Lukoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:17   #57
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: does anyone else remember when threads used to drop off the page in hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
no - i've come to the conclusion over time that "judging from all the levels of political sophistication your opinions exude, I'd guess.. you were a conservative"
Yes, because Conservatives are all inarticulate fools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
I'm 19 and remarkably intelligent, (if this pathethic country education system is to go by anything)
This is why I doubt the education system.
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:17   #58
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

apologies manson. I must be mixing you up with someone else. I thought you were a right winged conservative well quite frankly ****.

Apparently not... so must be someone else then.

Haven't been on GD for a few months - must be that and a combination of second year economics.

It feels like im doing a frigging maths or stats degree. I'm still trying to figure out whether we're learning economics

Zar
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:20   #59
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
famously left wing poster
Nodrog is 'famously crap', etc.
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:21   #60
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
apologies manson. I must be mixing you up with someone else. I thought you were a right winged conservative well quite frankly ****.
Well, thank you kindly.
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:26   #61
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Well can I go on to assume that based on the lack of knowledge in the field of MIPS programming, that you must be a goth 13 year old?

Or does it only work for politics?

It would work for MIPS programming, if MM had been discussing and arguing about MIPS programming when he really didn't have a clue about it.*

*Note: I don't have a clue what MIPS programming is.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:26   #62
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
you call a famously left wing poster a conservative.
Zar's an idiot, but this statement baffled me. MM Is left wing....?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:27   #63
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
It feels like im doing a frigging maths or stats degree. I'm still trying to figure out whether we're learning economics
Economics is highly mathematical, you know.

By integrating a wide range of theoretical insights with empirical observation, the study of economics will enable you to apply your knowledge and understanding to the practical issues which arise in the formulation of economic and social policy, industrial and financial management, and many other spheres of life.

That seems to imply a rather heavy statistical element as well. As does the fact that maths, at a-level, is as highly required as economics.
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:28   #64
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
MM Is left wing....?
You know, that's the same rhetorical question Trotsky asked about me, and look what happened to him.

You've been warned. Don't say I didn't tell you.
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:45   #65
Ole Lukoe

Ole Lukoe is an unknown quantity at this point

now someone tell me, how is this different from the other threads?
Ole Lukoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 19:52   #66
MrMilli
For Windows 95 Compatible

MrMilli is an unknown quantity at this point

The other ones don't have me in it?
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 20:01   #67
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
mm i know - its just that my least favourite aspect of maths is statistics and my course its full of it.

Zar
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 20:13   #68
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
mm i know - its just that my least favourite aspect of maths is statistics and my course its full of it.

Zar
It's your fault for choosing a course in a subject which relies heavily on statistics.
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 20:51   #69
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People left because the game community shrunk and not that many internet forums have a wide enough appeal to retain a huge member-base. If anyone left because of the moderation I severely doubt they're the sort of person you'd miss.

Anyways, s'up with the remembering being anti-establishment and breaking 10k posts inside 8 months or something!
Unread 2 Dec 2003, 22:22   #70
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice

I miss the good old days.

So I popped back in for some nostalgia.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2003, 00:43   #71
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
It's your fault for choosing a course in a subject which relies heavily on statistics.
Perhaps... but the way i see it is that i love economics. The price i have to pay is statistics

Zar
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 11:07   #72
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
It bit the dust because people moved on with their lives.

Except us, obviously.

i am still here (since jan 01) cause i live alone have no social life and work at a computer all day with access to the internet

but why no new people?
what do the youth of today do on the internet instead of clogging up forums with inane conversation?

(not bumping old thread, been busy for two days and not online )
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 12:26   #73
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Only a few people round here seem to bother showing any effort. Oddly, I'd say Dace is the person who "tries" the hardest to create threads these days.

(Insert obvious : "tries hard to molest little girls, lol, am I rite" banality to get it out of the way)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 12:29   #74
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

less spam threads.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 13:03   #75
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Thinking back to those times... yeh... That's been nearly three years ago.
Makes me believe I'm getting to old for this interweb forum shit.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 13:31   #76
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
TPE 0wn j00 4ll l4m3rz
Conc/Wac > *

Round 2 started 30th June, 2000.

Decline I think is because the community is now detached from the game, most of the old players have left. Which means all the new posters joined without experience of the prior community and brought all their gimmicky shit with them.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 13:45   #77
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
does anyone else remember when threads used to drop off the page in hours
or at certain times of day within minutes

who here has been around longer than me?

and what is your particular theory of the decline in participation

m
x
Yes, time was when you'd post a thread and it could be five minutes and it'd be on the second page.

Things have been insteady decline for a long time.

Oh well.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 13:49   #78
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
but why no new people?
what do the youth of today do on the internet instead of clogging up forums with inane conversation?
Probably use other forums. And IRC. And IM.

There's no reason to come from the outside and use ours unless you're playing the game. Which, (lol), noone is.