User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2003, 18:52   #1
eki
Konkari

eki is an unknown quantity at this point
about rollback

<quote><snip>...The rollback will be to a time well before the crash happened...<snip></quote>

WHAT THE F?????????
it should be exactly the tick the crash happened or 1 tick before at most....

and rolling back more than 12 ticks for 2 lost ticks is insane (no one should have lost their fleet because of that unless they are simply stupid)

Loyalty Pride Power
ex-Cell BC and ex-Ely BC
r3-7, r24
eki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 18:58   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: about rollback

I take it you captured a lot of roids then? :P
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 19:01   #3
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eki
<quote><snip>...The rollback will be to a time well before the crash happened...<snip></quote>

WHAT THE F?????????

and rolling back more than 12 ticks for 2 lost ticks is insane (no one should have lost their fleet because of that unless they are simply stupid)
I guess I'm stupid then... besides we didnt lose ticks. The problem is they kept running while we couldnt login.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 19:12   #4
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

What about those who will loose roids/ships due to the rollback?
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 19:53   #5
_o0o_
ostensibly Obscure oddity

_o0o_ is an unknown quantity at this point

This will seriously hamper my 800 tick plan...
_o0o_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 20:13   #6
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbij
I guess I'm stupid then... besides we didnt lose ticks. The problem is they kept running while we couldnt login.
And people werent able 2 log, and recall there attacks or run there fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by _o0o_
This will seriously hamper my 800 tick plan...
\o/
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 21:03   #7
eki
Konkari

so rollback was done to pt 737 while it should have been done to pt 739, all ships were returned home (why?) and we aren't starting at 8am as was said 1h ago, we're starting 23:00gmt... so there's really nothing that we can trust anymore? and those 1 million resources for everyone... have you lost your last grip of the game pa-crew? this will unbalance the game radically.. thank you for ruining my day.

<quote>
MOTD
Due to this mornings downtime, the powers that be intervened and turned back time. We are now prety much where we were at 04:30 this morning (GMT), and the ticker is stopped.
All fleets have been recalled and transported back home safely.
1.000.000 of each resource has been donated to everyone as compensation.
Ticks will resume at 23:00 GMT
</quote>

Loyalty Pride Power
ex-Cell BC and ex-Ely BC
r3-7, r24
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 21:21   #8
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

I have no clue why they rolled back so far. It is stupid to roll back 24 hours, that is why they had to recall all the fleets, because they rolled it back so far. What should have been done was to roll back to right before the crash and frozen the ticker for a couple of hours. That way it allows people with rl commitments to have a chance to get back and do something they might of had to do b4 the crash, like run/recall fleets...

The 1 mil resources is stupid, I would rather have the resources I made in those 12 ticks they deleted, not to mention have my roids I got back. Anyways, they screwed this one up big time, and we are powerless to do anything but flame away and let them continue ignoring the people that provide their paychecks...
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 21:27   #9
Zzz
Lemming

Zzz is an unknown quantity at this point

No Rollback: people whinge
Rollback: people whinge

Kinda a Catch 22, no?

To my knowledge since r7 it has been standard practice to recall all fleets when a rollback is done. As for the resources, I am guessing that they are mainly a help to the smaller planets. I don't think that it will unbalance anything. After all, everybody got them, or am I mistaken?
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 21:34   #10
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: about rollback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
I have no clue why they rolled back so far. It is stupid to roll back 24 hours, that is why they had to recall all the fleets, because they rolled it back so far. What should have been done was to roll back to right before the crash and frozen the ticker for a couple of hours. That way it allows people with rl commitments to have a chance to get back and do something they might of had to do b4 the crash, like run/recall fleets...
I assume they don't do full backups every tick, so perhaps they can't rollback to arbitrary ticks. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's no longer the case (and assuming those who know ever see this).
Quote:
The 1 mil resources is stupid, I would rather have the resources I made in those 12 ticks they deleted, not to mention have my roids I got back. Anyways, they screwed this one up big time, and we are powerless to do anything but flame away and let them continue ignoring the people that provide their paychecks...
Well, rollbacks are a bitch. There's just no way to do 'em that isn't unfair to someone. About the best you can hope for is they spread the unfairness around so that nobody gets too much of it. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 21:46   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzz
To my knowledge since r7 it has been standard practice to recall all fleets when a rollback is done. As for the resources, I am guessing that they are mainly a help to the smaller planets. I don't think that it will unbalance anything. After all, everybody got them, or am I mistaken?
It'll annoy the people you don't want to annoy (the larger players, in the elite alliances).
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 22:43   #12
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

actually i think they didnt start sending fleets home after rollbacks until last round.

i dont even recall this downtime. guess i slept through it. and i find it annoying even though i lost quite a few structures in an attack this morning (i think my attacker didnt appreciate losing lots of Bs...)
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 23:57   #13
Zzz
Lemming

Zzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It'll annoy the people you don't want to annoy (the larger players, in the elite alliances).
I wouldn't mind annoying them tbh.
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 00:27   #14
(°>
lowly ensign

(°> is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All fleets have been recalled and transported back home safely.
They show up at home under "missions" but can't change them under "fleets" grrrr
Quote:
Ships Base Fleet 1 (out) Fleet 2 (out) Fleet 3 (out)
And now i got to go get those 200+ roids again.Least I won't get the retal if he saw his news
(°> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 00:58   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzz
I wouldn't mind annoying them tbh.
So you want to annoy the main, the core, the VITAL playerbase?

Businessman+++
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 01:13   #16
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by (°>
They show up at home under "missions" but can't change them under "fleets" grrrr

And now i got to go get those 200+ roids again.Least I won't get the retal if he saw his news
Exactly the same as mine ...
Spinner is my fleet gonna come home!?!?!?!?!
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 01:22   #17
Death
Thats Mr Death to you...

Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, crash the server, pheck up the rollback, what will be next...?

I'd REALY like my fleet back NOW!!!

http://www34.brinkster.com/deathcof/...th_300_225.jpg

Last edited by Death; 15 Oct 2003 at 01:29.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 01:50   #18
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
So you want to annoy the main, the core, the VITAL playerbase?

Businessman+++

I don't understand...what's not to like about 1 mil resources?

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 03:12   #19
(°>
lowly ensign

(°> is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Fleet out on mission!
Tthat's what not to like.
Only playing for number of roids i can get.
Score and value are no sense to me
(°> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 04:59   #20
Kuener
Autobot

Kuener has a little shameless behaviour in the past

/me wants his fleet back
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 05:55   #21
SystemShock

SystemShock is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eki

WHAT THE F?????????

Another reason why pe0ns shouldn't be allowed on the boards.

/me slaps XtotheZ

<Kjeldoran> and I'm a prick
^^ Always thought it was true. :/

Outcast,
Eclipse.
SystemShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 07:19   #22
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

server crash is bad, rollback is bad
by adding 2 bad things you don't make a good one.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 08:56   #23
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot951
If this were a role playing game, nothing, nothing at all.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 09:07   #24
Ado

Ado is an unknown quantity at this point

I do recall Spinner stating (after a round with a few rollbacks) that from that point onward there would NEVER be another rollback. He told everyone in advance so it was fair to everyone. That way the playfield is level so to say.

Since when did pa start changing its agreements without informin the playerbase ? ooo thats right...
Ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 09:19   #25
Mach2k
Old, Tired & Retired

Mach2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Fleet is still stuck out there.....this suxors big time

played rounds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 9.5

TFD at Start
SL by Mistake
Elysium Hoplite by Heart
Mach2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 10:08   #26
eki
Konkari

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemShock
If you want to mock me, come say it straight to my face.
<edit> and tell me why i shouldn't be able to take part in a discussion with no whatsoever concern in any alliances? </edit>

Well anyway, I believe we deserve better customer support, we've paid for this game and the service we get in a situation like this is very weak... nothing's happened yet... and it has been 10 hours since the ticks started...

Loyalty Pride Power
ex-Cell BC and ex-Ely BC
r3-7, r24
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 10:20   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemShock
If only the quote button said

Name:
then we could have hilarity!
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 13:04   #28
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I take it you captured a lot of roids then? :P
that wouldn't even matter since all fleets were recalled. So even if it was only rolled back 1 or 2 ticks, he still wouldn't get his roids.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 13:46   #29
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado
I do recall Spinner stating (after a round with a few rollbacks) that from that point onward there would NEVER be another rollback. He told everyone in advance so it was fair to everyone. That way the playfield is level so to say
He also said that there will ALWAYS be tickstops whenever server goes down.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 14:13   #30
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot951
The biggest planets don't like it because it's equal for all. It gives the smaller planets a better chance to fight them off. ofc they don't like it.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 03:35   #31
Mack

Mack is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont Like the Rollback lets just lkeep moving forward
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote