User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Oct 2003, 13:59   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Well done Creators

Well we've all flamed them for things we hate. But thinking now, there are plenty of good things they have implemented. We just notice the things we don't like more.

My top 10 things I like about the new PA (in no particular order):
  • 1 The way you don't have to do a Construction before a Research, and vice versa. I hated being left with Research to do, and no Construction, if you happen to miss a few ticks.
  • 2 The Tactics idea. There is a lot of potential here, and hopefully in future rounds it could be tweaked. The idea is nice though.
  • 3 Covert Ops. I haven't used them much myself, as I always get a loss, but I have a mate who just signed up for a new account, and they are helping him grow very fast. That is the best idea you had to help people grow, imo.
  • 4 The Calculate Option on the ordering page of Mines and Production. It is useful for making nice round numbers of ships. It should have been done long ago, but better late than never eh?
  • 5 The Engineering. We all know this is a good idea, I don't need to explain why.
  • 6 Saving Scans. I'm not a scanner, but saving them in the PA database automatically is a very good idea. In future, an ability to "doctor" the scans (for security purposes in alliances, so it doesn't show the planet ruler/name, and rounds up the number of roids to the nearest 5) would be a good idea.
  • 7 The ability to name your fleet. I don't really use this, but it is still a nice idea. I'm hoping for some overviews with about 20 fleets incoming with little messages displayed through fleet names before the round is over ^_^.
  • 8 The "Your fleet will land at this tick" thing. I hated having to work out when I would land at 3am, and coordinating my landing with other people. It is a good idea to give out this kind of information.
  • 9 The Exchange Resources thing. I love this. I think everyone uses it (or should). I have a fair bit of excess resources usually, so being able to trade them in to buy ships is a great idea.
  • 10 Having bananas in the galaxy forum available. Hooray!

[Edit: Fixed list code - Leshy]

Last edited by Leshy; 10 Oct 2003 at 16:01.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 15:02   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Well done Creators

[*]11. Having differences other than ship-stats between the races adds variety to the game. Making the effects more specific (e.g. Xan get quicker research on scans, but slower on travel, terran can res travel faster, but slower on cov-ops etc.) would bring some more decisions into the game.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 15:49   #3
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

when writing such things, you should consider to press 'enter' a few times

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 15:53   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Stick[/list]at the end mate .
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 16:39   #5
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Well we've all flamed them for things we hate. But thinking now, there are plenty of good things they have implemented. We just notice the things we don't like more.

My top 10 things I like about the new PA (in no particular order):
  • 1 The way you don't have to do a Construction before a Research, and vice versa. I hated being left with Research to do, and no Construction, if you happen to miss a few ticks.
  • 2 The Tactics idea. There is a lot of potential here, and hopefully in future rounds it could be tweaked. The idea is nice though.
  • 3 Covert Ops. I haven't used them much myself, as I always get a loss, but I have a mate who just signed up for a new account, and they are helping him grow very fast. That is the best idea you had to help people grow, imo.
  • 4 The Calculate Option on the ordering page of Mines and Production. It is useful for making nice round numbers of ships. It should have been done long ago, but better late than never eh?
  • 5 The Engineering. We all know this is a good idea, I don't need to explain why.
  • 6 Saving Scans. I'm not a scanner, but saving them in the PA database automatically is a very good idea. In future, an ability to "doctor" the scans (for security purposes in alliances, so it doesn't show the planet ruler/name, and rounds up the number of roids to the nearest 5) would be a good idea.
  • 7 The ability to name your fleet. I don't really use this, but it is still a nice idea. I'm hoping for some overviews with about 20 fleets incoming with little messages displayed through fleet names before the round is over ^_^.
  • 8 The "Your fleet will land at this tick" thing. I hated having to work out when I would land at 3am, and coordinating my landing with other people. It is a good idea to give out this kind of information.
  • 9 The Exchange Resources thing. I love this. I think everyone uses it (or should). I have a fair bit of excess resources usually, so being able to trade them in to buy ships is a great idea.
  • 10 Having bananas in the galaxy forum available. Hooray!

[Edit: Fixed list code - Leshy]
1. As that was such a hassle.
2. With luck there won't be any future rounds. It's just another idea which should have been implemented rounds ago and when they finally got around to it was done in a half assed way. It should have been fully developed and tested then implemented.
3. Like you have more than 2 mates. Covert ops need massive tweaks (To way their actually performed) to be viable. I'm bored pasting how I'd do it from the text file on my desktop so I won't bother.
4. As it was so hard to do the maths to get round ship numbers before wasn't it ?
5. Why is it such a good idea ?
6. I guess that's ok.
7. Yea that really cured all the ills of the game didn't it. I see the players flooding back because of this and you don't even use it so why do you like it ?
8. Again what University are you at ? Shouldn't you be able to do the maths involved. If you MSN me I'll show the basic concept of adding numbers.
9. At a loss of 25% or something isn't it ? Wouldn't it be easier to trade with galaxy mates as people have done in previous rounds.
10. A marginally better reason than number 7.

Anyone other than Tom who replies to this wins the biggest spacko of Friday 10th award.

[Edit - Forgotten to take your pills again I see? (Incidentally, I don't need to reply. Power abuse, ho ho ho!) Now keep it nice. -Leshy]

Last edited by Leshy; 10 Oct 2003 at 16:51.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 17:34   #6
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hicks, why are you even here? I mean, if you consider the best changes to actually be flaws and all.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 18:13   #7
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Haha Scoot is the biggest spacko of the year.

I was just trying to be positive Hicksopher. The game isn't as bad as a lot of people make out. I'm actually enjoying it. True, there are things that shouldn't have been changed, and there are some problems with the new things (lol @ the ranks will be changed this evening, oh actually no they won't - pld), but it still is a fun game.

And I can say I don't regret paying my £10 to play it.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 18:21   #8
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
1. As that was such a hassle.
2. With luck there won't be any future rounds. It's just another idea which should have been implemented rounds ago and when they finally got around to it was done in a half assed way. It should have been fully developed and tested then implemented.
3. Like you have more than 2 mates. Covert ops need massive tweaks (To way their actually performed) to be viable. I'm bored pasting how I'd do it from the text file on my desktop so I won't bother.
4. As it was so hard to do the maths to get round ship numbers before wasn't it ?
5. Why is it such a good idea ?
6. I guess that's ok.
7. Yea that really cured all the ills of the game didn't it. I see the players flooding back because of this and you don't even use it so why do you like it ?
8. Again what University are you at ? Shouldn't you be able to do the maths involved. If you MSN me I'll show the basic concept of adding numbers.
9. At a loss of 25% or something isn't it ? Wouldn't it be easier to trade with galaxy mates as people have done in previous rounds.
10. A marginally better reason than number 7.

PS: to those people telling me off for lists - my connection died as I was posting, and then my 1-minute memory meant I forgot I had posted it, so I didn't fix it. Ta JC for fixing it [ -Leshy]

I forgot my comeback answers.

1. I didn't say it was a major improvement. It is nice being able to do them alongside each other without them relying on each other though. I prefer the new Constructions and Research.
2. So you agree with me, that is is a good idea? Ok, good.
3. I haven't used Covert Ops myself properly. I've just seen my friend rise up rapidly through the ranks by a bit of activity though. The old-PA, as magical as it was, made it very difficult to rise back up.
4. Clicking "Calculate" when ordering a few of different types can actually be pretty irritating when using the Calculator. This is just a nice addition. It doesn't revolutionise it, but it makes it simpler. I don't want to have to spend ages getting round numbers of ships.
5. It allows for more diversity in the game. It means people can play in different styles. It puts another edge on the tick plans. It means the bcalc is a little more complicated. It isn't AMAZING, no, but it is still a nice addition.
6. I love you Hicks
7. I didn't say it cured the game ;( I just made a list of things I like. Stop with the hating, start with the loving <3
8. Yes it isn't hard, but when coordinating an attack of people with different ticks and now with the pre-launches, it can be hard to juggle all the IRC windows, all the information, and all the calcs. Saying "I want you to land in tick xxx" is simpler to give to people, as they can check.
9. About half my gal is the same race as me. So no, that isn't really an option. We did this at the beginning, but it soon broke down.
10. Don't say you don't love the banana.

Last edited by Leshy; 10 Oct 2003 at 19:01.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 18:54   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot951
Hicks, why are you even here? I mean, if you consider the best changes to actually be flaws and all.
I was simply messing about with Tom I thought that was rather obvious even for those of you are slightly slow, I even added a big disclaimer at the bottom of my post for people other than Tom not to bother replying.

[If you want to 'mess' with TomKat in your 'special' way, do it on IRC. Think of the kids! -Leshy]

You are a spastic.

[No no. According to other forum users, JonnyBGood is the spastic. I'm the incompetent one.]

Leshy in power abuse shocker ! I'm Emailing Spinner about this one first you delete my posts [for good reason] and now your editing my posts, what next, saving I can only post pro PA X things

How can I stop hating when your still here Thomas you and your lame social psychology fetish ? There's only two reasons you could possibly like PAX, either because now everyone who was remotely good at PA has left you can get a half decent rank or you want to suck **** to join the PA Team.

<- Homofag. I was going to text you earlier but I lost your number Anyway I'm off home till Monday, hope you don't all miss me too much xxx

Last edited by Leshy; 10 Oct 2003 at 19:19.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 19:48   #10
Tomkat

PA Team? God no.

I just like rebelling against the norm (GO GOTHS GO), which here is telling the creators they have done a Good Job. I honestly don't mind the game. Admittedly, some stuff irritates me (I always seem to be about 250 roids above what I can mine efficiently, I can't research fast enough ). But all in all there is some good stuff here.

I'll text you on my way to work tonight to give you my number again ;D

Bye sweetie pie
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:01   #11
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Hicks and I want to have his babies.

And on the topic, to be fair I've actually had a couple positive thoughts about the new PA also. I just can't be arsed to think of them right now. Oh yeah, I've grown to like the whole 1-tick attack/defend thingy. I like prelaunching but not because I use it but for other reasons. The "message all defenders" button is another long overdue perk. And the whole "alliance ranking" thing is utterly pld for how everyone but FAnG was able to figure out how to use the recruit option, leaving them scratching their heads going, "why are we so far ahead?" Don't change it . Showing what a ship targets on the production is nice too, as I'm blonde and have trouble keeping track of that sort of thing. And that's about it.

P.S. I changed my mind, Hicks is a fluff.
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:20   #12
SystemShock

SystemShock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hicks is a fluffy bunny.

Now get your ass to PM me.

<Kjeldoran> and I'm a prick
^^ Always thought it was true. :/

Outcast,
Eclipse.
SystemShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:38   #13
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I was simply messing about with Tom I thought that was rather obvious even for those of you are slightly slow, I even added a big disclaimer at the bottom of my post for people other than Tom not to bother replying.

[If you want to 'mess' with TomKat in your 'special' way, do it on IRC. Think of the kids! -Leshy]

You are a spastic.
I just figured you were trying some weak excuse to not get flamed.

Oh well, at least I won something.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:18   #14
clau777
Romanian Warrior

clau777 can only hope to improve

what about ship priorities ? i luv it ! especially if u want some1 killed!

me waves to Tomkat

Victuri Te Salutant

ex: glx/legion/eclipse/daous dava
current: random
clau777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 20:41   #15
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

1 tick attacking and 1 tick defense rock as well: yes ppl will lose roids a lot more easily but they can regain them much faster. Roids move from place to place now. Pitty is that some ppl just quit after being roided once :/