User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Sep 2003, 09:43   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Ever since my university career started

I've become the world's least social person.

Why? It's because I've got so much work to do I don't have time to spend time with other people than my fellow students. This sucks and I hope it'll get better over time. Friends and girlfriend(s) are enraged by the loss of quality time spent with my illustrious person.

Am I the only one who has experienced this effect?

With love

Matrim
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 09:48   #2
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
sure it isnt just because you are surrounded by students?

i wouldnt be sociable if that was my only choice
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 09:54   #3
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Well. No. When I'm home there are no students around me, but no one else either. This is the foundation on which I based my earlier statements.

Matrim
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 10:03   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Ive been at uni for 3 years and never had much in the way of uni work; my only 'lack of free time' has generally been in the fortnight or so prior to the last week of term when about 32443 projects need to be handed in within a 3 day period, and about a month before exams.

I suspect this is going to change when I go back next month though.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 10:28   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Students working?

Sorry, that's an alien concept to me.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 12:32   #6
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not university. It's these forums.
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 13:32   #7
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
What's all this I hear about people at university having 2 15-week semesters with an additional month or so in the middle to have their exams and revision classes, plus reading weeks here there and everywhere?
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 13:44   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer
What's all this I hear about people at university having 2 15-week semesters with an additional month or so in the middle to have their exams and revision classes, plus reading weeks here there and everywhere?
proper subjects don't have reading weeks
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 14:34   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
What do you mean proper subjects? I'll have you know my degree in leisure and tourism carry's every bit as weight as whatever degree you're doing.

But seriously I wonder if it's worth measuring the value of your degree by the fact you have to work your arse off doing it. Most of the books I read had nothing to do with the course I was doing and perhaps if you are forced to read stuff you don't want to that can be more harmful than good.

You call reading work? Heh.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 16:09   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Now, i don't go to Uni, but still, i had a lot to do.
But, you don't NEED to do it, do you? Take a hour or two off every day, it's my belief that hastly written things are better then long ponderings. This of course, is since i work better under stress/perssure. So, if you do that, just don't bother untill it's almost too late.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 01:17   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You are doing something seriously wrong if you actually work at Uni.
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 01:34   #12
NibNub

NibNub has a spectacular aura aboutNibNub has a spectacular aura aboutNibNub has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
You are doing something seriously wrong if you actually work at Uni.
Thats true - i did absolutely fk-all and now i work in the Job Centre!

no wait..
NibNub is offline   Reply With Quote