User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Sep 2003, 13:33   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Does America have a monopoly on stupidity?

Many UK users will be aware of www.adslguide.org.uk. It is a site dedicated to - suprisingly - ADSL use in the UK.

They have a speed test which gives a fairly accurate and comprehensive test of your line. The test can of course be used by anybody, but it's main aim is to gather data to rate the various UK ADSL ISPs. The system usually detects the ISP, but if it can't, it lists a variety of UK ISPs and UK broadband products.

Oh and there is a button saying "My ISP is not listed".

So why... "we still get users insisting they use a random ADSL ISP when they are in fact U.S. cable broadband users."??

I'm assuming there's a perfectly logical reason as to why people in America feel inclined to do this?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 13:38   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
because of their monopoly on stupidity, of course.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 13:55   #3
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
americans use predatory "price" stupidity, to undercut general stupidity in the world. This is to give them market dominance and to stop potential competitors from entering their market of sheer and utter incompetence.

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:00   #4
Mong
Forever Delayed

It's all about the death penalty.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 19:51   #5
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Does America have a monopoly on stupidity?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Many UK users will be aware of www.adslguide.org.uk. It is a site dedicated to - suprisingly - ADSL use in the UK.

They have a speed test which gives a fairly accurate and comprehensive test of your line. The test can of course be used by anybody, but it's main aim is to gather data to rate the various UK ADSL ISPs. The system usually detects the ISP, but if it can't, it lists a variety of UK ISPs and UK broadband products.

Oh and there is a button saying "My ISP is not listed".

So why... "we still get users insisting they use a random ADSL ISP when they are in fact U.S. cable broadband users."??

I'm assuming there's a perfectly logical reason as to why people in America feel inclined to do this?

M.
Because we have to scroll to the bottem of the screen to see the button? That and, you know, not giving a **** about UK DSL providers.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 20:00   #6
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Send in the UN troops!
I demand to have an equal oppitunity to show my stupidity.
Damn capitalism!
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 05:32   #7
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
This thread is really ****.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 10:23   #8
Mong
Forever Delayed

Re: Re: Does America have a monopoly on stupidity?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Because we have to scroll to the bottem of the screen to see the button? That and, you know, not giving a **** about UK DSL providers.
Thus proving that;

a. You're lazy.
b. You're insular and arrogant.

All of which would lend itself to the conclusion that;

c. You're stupid.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 2 Sep 2003, 12:20   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
You're calling ME arrogant? Heh.

You honestly don't think you guys wouldn't be doing the exact same thing? I mean, it's pretty obvious what happens, some guy googles to the page, sees a huge list of companies he's never heard of before, but he has to pick one if he wants to use the test, so he just makes **** up. Most guys either never see that button down there, or by time they do they've already made **** up. Hell, I wouldn't have found it if you hadn't told me it was there ahead of time.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 13:00   #10
Punk

Punk is an unknown quantity at this point
I have seen Mong being a retard SEVERAL times, thankyou very lots
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 13:59   #11
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
Supply of stupidity in America is at a record high, ensuring that the market price of stupidity remains incredibly low. The domestic free market in America, void of tariffs, along with the strong US dollar ensuring that exports to other countries remain expensive, ensure that more stupidity remains in America then travels overseas. This can be illustrated by the equation y=(2^x)^64
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote