User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Aug 2003, 13:31   #1
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Am I the only one ?

Who has signed up and is already thinking "what did I do that for ?"

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 13:46   #2
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
yes
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 13:58   #3
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, I know why I signed up: I wanted to fool around with it. It's not like signup means I've decided whether I'm actually going to pay for this game.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:08   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
i've signed up, paid and feel very happy about it , even before anything started. Why ? because it is exciting , begining of rounds always have been but this time it is special. With all the new features it seems we all have our chance, we won't face people with well rehearsed, pinpointed strategies. Everyone will have to try and test, be creative and daring... that leaves lot of room for mistakes for which noone is immune. lower cluster's gals start to fill up slowly, many players are not waiting for tick start or beta test, that's what i call commitment !
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:15   #5
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, many alliances are giving you hints on how to start PA-X/hint on races and so on.
Once more only the new and unaligned players will do mistakes and will get crushed... sad but true.
Having a manual then reset the game is the only way to give those who have made a mistake (like set your engineers before anything else) a second chance and to make it fair for everybody.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:31   #6
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel
Well, many alliances are giving you hints on how to start PA-X/hint on races and so on.
Does not necessarily mean that all the alliances are giving the correct information or hints tho

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:31   #7
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
i agree with you WA, there should be a reset button for engineers before tick starts and yes new players will always have more difficulties, unaligned too. But as long as the formulaes are kept secret, there is room for mistakes even for the big alliances like Titans. Maybe the winner will be as always but never the feeling that everything is possible has been so strong (maybe it's just an illusion, but it feels good).
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:45   #8
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
titans?!
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:48   #9
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KoeN
titans?!
I think he meant Fury

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 18:35   #10
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not real happy about some of the changes I'm hearing about, but I'm not regretting signing up as that's no guarantee that I'm gonna fork over $15.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 02:14   #11
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Hmmm.

Prestel.

I didnt realize yesterday, but this thread made me think that.

I wonder why I signed up.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 02:21   #12
Panther

Panther is an unknown quantity at this point
nah, I rather use the money on a music cd.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 02:40   #13
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Panther

That gives me a new anti-RIAA arguement. CDs cost more than 3 months of planetarion! :ninjaa:

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 06:50   #14
Panther

Panther is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats one way to put it...
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 07:20   #15
Makhil

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
Will you ask the distributor of the CD to release the lyrics and songs of the album before you buy it ? Will you complain on the layout and colours used for the cover ? Will you ask for some instruments to be taken out (too much drums, not enough guitar, it's unbalanced...) ?

Unread 28 Aug 2003, 09:29   #16
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Makhil
Will you ask the distributor of the CD to release the lyrics and songs of the album before you buy it ? Will you complain on the layout and colours used for the cover ? Will you ask for some instruments to be taken out (too much drums, not enough guitar, it's unbalanced...) ?

Do you listen to the radio sometimes?
If yes then you know the lyrics and all the rest before buying a CD...
If no then you won't even know that such or such a song exists.
By the way, I am not Titans for at least 3 rounds
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 04:47   #17
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
Hmm, I know why I signed up: I wanted to fool around with it. It's not like signup means I've decided whether I'm actually going to pay for this game.
By now I even payed (well actually had someone pay for me still need to pay him back), but...
A little beta impression:
Ok. Starting out. Pretty exciting. Hmm what to do? Hmm no idea. Read the manual. Read stuff from people that played the beta. Hmm still no idea what to do. Spent hours to find out some things on how it works (numbers wise). Learnt a little. Can't be bothered any more about the rest, so just random click left and right.
First ticks: hmm just initing roids. No random things. No external influences. This would be plannable if I had taken the time to make a plan about it.
More ticks. Initing more roids. Ok this is getting boring. Bedtime.
Got up early (it's still night here). K. more random res/con to click. And some roids. He, I reached a limit there. So it's now useless till the end of protection to do anything. Come on! 14 hrs of boredom. I'll go back to bed soon.
A strategy game involves choices where you have an idea what you are doing. Where you anticipate the choices of others and make countermoves. Ofc this is possible with this game. But it requires:
1. that you know what you are doing (what effect will your actions have);
2. that you have a vague idea of what others will do so you can take countermeasures.
Research and constructions take way too much time. And I have the idea that some of the constructions we can build are useless for a while. Why do we even get the option to build them then?
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 10:53   #18
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
Research and constructions take way too much time. And I have the idea that some of the constructions we can build are useless for a while. Why do we even get the option to build them then?
To be fair, research and constructions take little to no longer than they did before (if you make the "right" choices). I agree that it would be useful to be able to figure out (in advance) what the "right" choices actually are.

As for the choice of constructions - we have to let people make choices here (including mistakes). Otherwisethe game would be even more "boring".

I'm actually enjoying the beta - so far. But then, I did choose the "right" research so I could keep initiating roids throughout protection. I suppose it's only a matter of time before someone comes along to take them from me.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 16:07   #19
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
To be honest I'm not liking this new pa very much, unfortunately I paid for a credit a long time ago, ah well.