User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:24   #1
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Forum/PA

why dont we link them, so u can click on forum on pa navigator and ur allaince nickname can be used sort of thing

i know what i mean just carnt explain it.

anyone care to explain what i mean:P?
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:27   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
If you mean linking your PA account to the main forums (ie. these ones on pirate.pa.com) then we are working on it. There are a few delays so it's not going to be instant but we are hoping to have something working in the near future.

Sorry for being vague but there's not a specific ETA at the moment.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:37   #3
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by A2
If you mean linking your PA account to the main forums (ie. these ones on pirate.pa.com) then we are working on it. There are a few delays so it's not going to be instant but we are hoping to have something working in the near future.

Sorry for being vague but there's not a specific ETA at the moment.
you are by far the most helpful man i ever met.

3 times today uve helped me and my pa probs, u > *
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 05:50   #4
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
you have to remember that there are many many users on our forums who don't play PA anymore (or never did.. :\)
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 07:10   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
you have to remember that there are many many users on our forums who don't play PA anymore (or never did.. :\)

Removing them (or limiting the features/access they have available to them) would be a step in the right direction.

Give them access to this board and Helpdesk...that's all non-p(l)aying visitors need.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 08:55   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Removing them (or limiting the features/access they have available to them) would be a step in the right direction.

Give them access to this board and Helpdesk...that's all non-p(l)aying visitors need.
And GD and P&D FFS!!!
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 09:25   #7
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
There is no logic what so ever in giving non-players any less access than players.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 09:50   #8
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:

and less chance of people returning smart guy dude.... make the forums paid aswell i think you could ask like 10 euro's per forum account \o/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 10:06   #9
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point
I would pay...

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 11:35   #10
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
and less chance of people returning smart guy dude.... make the forums paid aswell i think you could ask like 10 euro's per forum account \o/
why do they need access to alliance discussion and strategical discussion for returning??

there are many people on this board who hasnt played for ages, why are they here?

i belive we could get a bether discussion and less trolling if we remove those who dont play from certian forums..

paying for forums is something that should be a part of they fee you pay to play..
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 11:44   #11
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Because then you can see what the game is developing into. and then decide to play or not.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 11:56   #12
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
make forums p2p and the universe will become even smaller.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 11:57   #13
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Because then you can see what the game is developing into. and then decide to play or not.
hmm, true.
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:18   #14
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Plus dont forget that while many of the Big alliance players no longer play, they still have alot of experiance and knowledge on alliance matters which they can share with the rest of us via boards like AD
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:18   #15
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Eventh
why do they need access to alliance discussion and strategical discussion for returning??

there are many people on this board who hasnt played for ages, why are they here?

i belive we could get a bether discussion and less trolling if we remove those who dont play from certian forums..

paying for forums is something that should be a part of they fee you pay to play..
I skipped round 9, playing with ViruS in SS. I did still read the alliance forum to see what was happening here. If I lost touch with the forums then, I wouldn't even have access here right now.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 15:44   #16
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
There is no logic what so ever in giving non-players any less access than players.

Why should twatty ex-players who do nothing but troll be allowed to stay? What do they bring to the proverbial table? Why should we continue to foot the bill for everything, while (as Aryn said) "many, many" people (mis)use the forums for free?

If there was a cost involved, the quality of posting would hopefully go up just a bit, and a large chunk of useless mongs would be forever removed. That's a good thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Plus dont forget that while many of the Big alliance players no longer play, they still have alot of experiance and knowledge on alliance matters which they can share with the rest of us via boards like AD

Are you reading the same AD I'm reading wakey? Most ex players don't do anything other than start or fuel flame wars, destroy threads, and generally act like morons.

If they want to be ****ing idiots, then they should have to buy a game account like the rest of us, and contribute something other than useless drivel. Money talks, that's the bottom line.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 17:00   #17
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Why should twatty ex-players who do nothing but troll be allowed to stay? What do they bring to the proverbial table? Why should we continue to foot the bill for everything, while (as Aryn said) "many, many" people (mis)use the forums for free?

If there was a cost involved, the quality of posting would hopefully go up just a bit, and a large chunk of useless mongs would be forever removed. That's a good thing.

Yes there are no possible new players that post or check things out, there are no ex-players who still have friends and want to see what's happening that post, there are no old players returning that would be interested in posting to check teh community out.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 17:13   #18
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
Yes there are no possible new players that post or check things out
Hence my suggestion for access to the two boards a new player needs to post questions on: PD and Helpdesk.

Quote:
there are no ex-players who still have friends and want to see what's happening that post, there are no old players returning that would be interested in posting to check teh community out.

You don't nee a forum account to read the boards and see "what's going on" or "check the community out".

Posting should be a privilege for paying customers, not a right given to any fool who comes along.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 17:13   #19
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
I'm not sure how anyone can misuse a moderated forum unless they're allowed to do so. You just have to define what's acceptable, delete posts that go over the line, and delete/ban users as needed. Problem solved.

I'm sure they'd have no problem finding as many moderators as necessary who'll work for free in exchange for a bit of power which they can lord over a few others.
Quote:
If that actually happened, then sure; but I fear it's mostly wishful thinking. It reminds me of the discussion about p2p, how forcing players to pay would eliminating multies, inactives, etc and result in a much better game. It arguably improved the level of the average player, but it eliminated tens of thousands of planets in the process. I don't think the game itself ever recovered. Likewise, I think kicking off all the non-paying posters would improve the level of the average poster, but probably be a deathknell for the boards overall. :/

Just one twatty ex-player's opinion, of course.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 17:16   #20
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus

Just one twatty ex-player's opinion, of course.

You don't post crap threads/posts, troll, or otherwise aggrivate anyone (except perhaps Spinner)

Likewise, I don't see how making the forums "p2p" would kill anything except perhaps Roleplaying and GD...but having been assured countless times that "quite a few" GD'ers play, that shouldn't be a problem if it's true.

As for moderation to improve the situation, I don't believe any amount of moderation will "improve" a situation, especially when you give immature people power to "lord over" others with.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 17:53   #21
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
These boards are dull as is. Only allowing people who have paid to post would make them worse.

Cochese, there are a lot more players who are nothing but 'trolls' than there is ex-players. And the ex-players tend to be here less.

And of course, noone would buy an account just to post on these boards. But if you really want to expel even more people away from the 'community' then it's a great idea.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:29   #22
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

The average non-playing poster is probably > the average playing poster. The non-playing poster comes here because he is interested in what the game looks and feels like, how alliances progress and what's going on in the uni. The bored player on the loosing side is the bull****ting twat so you wouldnt get rid of him (imo there are very very few of them around though).

There are games who only have boards for players, and there is no need for anything else. Problem is those have been doing so since the start of the game, a huge difference.

There simply is no point in making any changes to the boards.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 15:47   #23
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I don't know what the motive here is; if forum access is to be a seperate charge, then it's likely financial. I honestly doubt whether it will effect any great change in standards, whatever happens.

Actually reforming the structure of the boards, and active re-generation will improve them; I doubt whether paying would have any real effect on the boards at the moment in terms of quality. Certainly, GD is pretty dead as it is. There is obviously nowhere near the amount of work in terms of even content, let alone trolling than there was when I was a mod.

And there is absolutely zero in the way of any sort of innovation at the moment. There seems to be complete drift as far as I can tell.

What really needs to happen is for those in charge to stop treating the forums as if it was some sort of minor, loose appendage on the body of the game itself, and recognise it as an indepedent and potentially useful component. Certainly, that was very much more the case when I was a mod than it is now.

I intend to pay for forum access if that becomes the situation, but I doubt it will lead to any noticeable increase in standards.

There could have been a good argument for this about a year and a half ago. I doubt it's applicability now.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 28 Aug 2003 at 15:55.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 16:11   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Likewise, I don't see how making the forums "p2p" would kill anything except perhaps Roleplaying and GD...
Oh, well that's fine then!
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 16:13   #25
Cochese
Retired

Lol, I knew you'd see it my way!

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 16:15   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Lol, I knew you'd see it my way!
Not quite.
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 17:40   #27
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
You know, the forums would be a lot easier to moderate if only the mods were allowed to post.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2003, 17:42   #28
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Now thats a plan and a half!