User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Aug 2003, 07:08   #1
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
r10 recruiting

I've been less and less around the planetarion so this might sound like stupid question but I'd like to know how alliances are going to manage their recruits in r10?

As i've understood alliances can have limited number of members, something like 150 members. And I think those places will be filled with coremembers so where are you putting new recruits? Recruitingwing as ingame alliance doesnt sound too juicy as there might be only few players youll get defence from and defend. Altho it would get recruits join allianceraids more as thats the only way they can directly help the mainalliance and show their motivation. It would also need really motivated leadership as your a bit outside your alliance working with few friends and a lot of strangers. Having 120members core and 30places for recruits on the other hand decrease alliances firepower, atleast in most of the cases.

So what im wondering is, is there a mainstream alliances are going in recruitingissue or is it one of the parts considering r10 which hasnt been solved.

P.S. If I'll get quick answer I'll just delete this thread as it might be annoying for most of you.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 07:13   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what most alliances are doing, but I expect the options are limited.

There are a few "alternative" options, but I'm sure you can figure it out with a little thought and some imagination.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 07:28   #3
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd be surprised if any alliance is going into R10 with 150 members.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 08:27   #4
skipper
outsider

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
I'd be surprised if any alliance is going into R10 with 150 members.
because?
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 08:32   #5
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
you have no buffer zone or breathing room going in with the max amount...

besides, its better to have a nice stron core rather then flak.
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 08:58   #6
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Those alliances that know they won't get close to 150 members will recruit. Maybe not right away, but as soon as they have seen the ingame alliance thing for themselves (unless ofc it's absolutely ****). Some might set up junior alliances anyway though.

Those that approach the limit will have to make a difficult decision. As I have posted elsewhere a lot is unknown:
- what anti-blocking measures will be in place (as none have been presented yet);
- what will be the exact limitations when switching alliances;
- how many new players will be attrackted by Pa X (I haven't seen the hords asking stupid questions on these boards yet, nor on IRC);
- how will the traveltime system work: is it benificial to be as big as possible (either as block or as alliance);
- will co-operation between main an junior alliance be possible;
- will those people that need to guide the recruits actually play and spend their time in it (I see many of the expierenced people leave);
- there's probably more to this game that will influence it, but I haven't played it so...

I expect IPC to recruit again. And F-crew. Ow and ToT is recruiting as well, you need only 3 vouches.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 09:34   #7
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Maaybe you can jion one of the 3-4 WP alliances? :\ I dunno
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 12:04   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
well, in my opinion, having junior wings in this PAX is the same as blocking up to have allies. I mean, if you need junior wings then it means you clearly cannot deal with the 150 players limit and thus you seek more players. Instead of allying another alliance, you just create a wing and ally them ingame.
The name and command is different, yet the outcome of a wing is the same as allying an alliance.

and btw, why is there this fuss about 150? I doubt much alliances will actually have that grant total of 150 players. I rather have a small active core then fill it till the 150 limit.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 12:30   #9
Gerbie
pe0n

I agree with your analysis.

Which supports my implicit conclusion that there will not be much recruiting in round 10.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 15:59   #10
skipper
outsider

Oh well I took it for granted that pa has still lots of alliances with ~150 members. Hopefully that will be the case in r10 again.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 16:59   #11
Tempestuous
Juvenile delinquent

Tempestuous is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaranaf
you have no buffer zone or breathing room going in with the max amount...

besides, its better to have a nice stron core rather then flak.
Are you incapable of deleting members?

Spinner's words to LDK:
Quote:
Stop moaning and try to play at least the last 20 ticks without cheating (-:
Tempestuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 17:20   #12
Gerbie
pe0n

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempestuous
He's probably not. But I'd want to see it first.
And when you enter a round you don't want to delete members because you 'need the space'.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 19:49   #13
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
select * from alliance
where sex > "GREAT"
group by "amout"
having amount <= 150
order by 1

or something like this will keep those 150 you love the most

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 23 Aug 2003, 21:03   #14
Ghosty

Ghosty is an unknown quantity at this point
u can only b in 1 allaince at the same time and u can only change allaince every so often. So u need to go back to an alliance that u have had in previous rnds that u kno, and they kno u otherwise u will have a lot of trouble finding an alliance that will keep u.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 21:52   #15
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Quote:
no, nor do i need to. ViruS isnt over 150 members :P
infact, we would have to do some more recruitment to reach that, or even reach the said bufferzone, infact.

and even if it came down to it. id prefer not to delete a long standing member because someone else has come along...

i have a heart Tempestuous, and i wouldnt find it too joyful let alone easy to delete over 50 members....

========================
O' Canada!
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 14:28   #16
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
no, nor do i need to. ViruS isnt over 150 members :P
infact, we would have to do some more recruitment to reach that, or even reach the said bufferzone, infact.

and even if it came down to it. id prefer not to delete a long standing member because someone else has come along...

i have a heart Tempestuous, and i wouldnt find it too joyful let alone easy to delete over 50 members....
Virus don't delete old members that have gone inactive and give nothing to the alliance anymore, except soaking defence then? Explains oh so many things

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:03   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Virus don't delete old members that have gone inactive and give nothing to the alliance anymore, except soaking defence then? Explains oh so many things
That's a load of crap tbh, I have a mate who was deleted from Virus for inactivity recently - so don't just throw random accusations around hoping that one of them might even be true.

What (I think) Aaranaf was trying to say was that it wouldn't be easy just to delete 50 long-standing Virus players if the alliance was at its 150 limit and 50 players wanted to join.

Correct me if I'm wrong and pick a petty argument with me since I'm not (it's gonna happen anyway, based on your past record...)

furball.

Last edited by Nonentity; 24 Aug 2003 at 23:14.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 02:58   #18
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Quote:
oh we do...

BUT i didnt have to delete half of em... most of em went to Seraphim along with the 2 top inactive do nothings who were demoted :P

========================
O' Canada!
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 09:25   #19
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
You sure like to twist things and put theories in other pple's mouth which they never meant. Is it THAT hard for you to imagine that alliance HC don't like to remove long lasting loyal players just to make sure they got a buffer so they "could" recruit new pple?

(atleast that's what I think Aaranaf meant, you probably knew that aswell Maddix, yet you chose to provoke instead)

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 15:22   #20
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nonentity
That's a load of crap tbh, I have a mate who was deleted from Virus for inactivity recently - so don't just throw random accusations around hoping that one of them might even be true.
It was a question, therefore was not a load of crap nor an accusation

Quote:
oh we do...

BUT i didnt have to delete half of em... most of em went to Seraphim along with the 2 top inactive do nothings who were demoted :P
Your post gave me the impression that you as a HC were reluctant to remove inactives that were previously reasonable players

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
You sure like to twist things and put theories in other pple's mouth which they never meant. Is it THAT hard for you to imagine that alliance HC don't like to remove long lasting loyal players just to make sure they got a buffer so they "could" recruit new pple?

(atleast that's what I think Aaranaf meant, you probably knew that aswell Maddix, yet you chose to provoke instead)

rgds Kj
I must be learning your way of posting then

Proud to have not been Fang etc

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 17:04   #21
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

I must be learning your way of posting then

Proud to have not been Fang etc
heh, if you had any clue, you'd know Rumad was the "proud to be" and I wasn't so that one really made no sence at all.

but continue ...

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 18:34   #22
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
heh, if you had any clue, you'd know Rumad was the "proud to be" and I wasn't so that one really made no sence at all.

but continue ...

rgds Kj
You are so easily baited its funny

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 18:41   #23
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:

but continue ...

rgds Kj

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 19:05   #24
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Is there another big brother for the biggest Tw@t in pa or what are you working on Maddix ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 20:30   #25
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
Is there another big brother for the biggest Tw@t in pa or what are you working on Maddix ?
You don't really expect me to go for that do you? Oh dear oh dear
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
Which i must admit is funny and i enjoy to have a stalker, so keep the show on maddix, if you cant play the game you can still be a hero on this boards
*Hums the Superman tune*

Unread 25 Aug 2003, 21:12   #26
ÐarkÅngel
Innocent..

ÐarkÅngel is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I believe I said that same thing to you Maddix

but.. heh,.. its true.. ( in both cases! )

p.s. tho you are learning well

::edit:: I didnt bother to read it all and thought you were talking about focht.. heh...
ÐarkÅngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 12:05   #27
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point
bah listen
its easy for alliances with over 150 members to still work together
they create more than one alliance ingame?
yeh fair enuff u cant always ally, but access cud be given to similar people, so they all recieve the same info!
cud get 3 different things like
Ely
Ely2
Ely3
as alliances, so all members get in sumhow if u get what i mean?!
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote