User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 15:42   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Most successful alliance of R15

As an impartial observer of alliances, with no alliance this round, I have noticed some things that we could discuss.

Exilition won, obviously they are most successful.

But what about the also-rans.

New Dawn are clearly more successful this round, than 1up. Or are they?
New Dawn had an easy ride of it until they faced proper incoming. 1up have faced hard incoming all round. Whilst 1up have managed to hold position 5 all round, albeit dropping from 4th to LCH, who have also had a had relitivitly(sp?) speaking little incoming, ND have managed to drop a place within a few days of being hit.
However, New Dawn made the top before being peg backed. Who is most successful, who has had more influence, and who has put on the better show?

Angels are above LCH. LCH have way more roids, and may well catch Angels. Regardless of that, Angels have not shy'd away from a battle, and have been hit almost from the start. LCH have had little in the way of pure targetting on them. IF LCH take 3rd place, who has put in the best performance?

ToF v HR. I know not of ToF's politics this round, but I do know that HR have allies. HR have outscored ToF, but ToF have an impressive average. Who has been the best in your eyes?

Feel free to name your two alliances, and some points in hand.

Discuss...

(And lets not turn this into a flame fest, lets get some decent discussion).
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 15:58   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most successful alliance of R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
ToF v HR. I know not of ToF's politics this round, but I do know that HR have allies. HR have outscored ToF, but ToF have an impressive average. Who has been the best in your eyes?
If that eVo thing didn't **** us up then HR would be nowhere near ToF.
This might be the first round tof has ever finished outside of t10, but we're doing everything we can to prevent that from happening

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:12   #3
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

LCH came into this round with different priorities. While Angels started this round with the only objective to win it, LCH came into this round with the main objective to rebuild, improve, get back to the strong LCH and winning a round is also one of their goals but I'd assume not the highest priority this round.

If they pass us and end #3 then I would not mind it so much as for any other alliance overtaking us in the last day. LCH have played a very good round and succeeded in achieving their objective. Angels has failed to achieve its objective, nonetheless we played a very good round aswell.

In terms of achieving your own objectives, LCH has performed better then Angels. Ofcourse this is subjective cause you define your own objectives and estimate what is realistic and what is not.

I think it's hard, or impossible, to compare the achievements of 2 alliances that came into the round with different goals, hence why you cannot compare LCH with Angels in this context. Regardless of both our ranks.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:12   #4
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

EX has for sure been the most successfull. No doubt about that. They have created this round and made sure there was always action. I personaly adviced Kaifux to relax a bit from time to time instead of moving from war to war and then once again into a new war.
When that is said I have to give lots of respect to 1up for their moral. The core of 1up is just as elite as EX and they might even have more moral. Its a shame that they dont have 80 ppl at that level though cause then they would for sure not have been #5 atm. ND ofc. impressed by actualy getting a good shot at #1 spot. Who would have guessed that? Yes they did have an easier time than most and yes they were lucky that all other were busy with eachother, but its also because of themself that they didnt involve in too much and it proved to be a quite good strategy. I for one at least didnt think they would make #2 universe alliance if I had been asked pre round.
I think none of those big alliances suprised the most though. It for sure has to be one of those minor ones. They have actualy managed to keep up nicely with the big alliances. This is ofc because the big ones have had more fights vs eachother than normal, but still those minor alliances use to be lightyears behind in roids and this is not the case this time.

cbk
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:18   #5
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
LCH have played a very good round and succeeded in achieving their objective. Angels has failed to achieve its objective, nonetheless we played a very good round aswell.

In terms of achieving your own objectives, LCH has performed better then Angels. Ofcourse this is subjective cause you define your own objectives and estimate what is realistic and what is not.

I think it's hard, or impossible, to compare the achievements of 2 alliances that came into the round with different goals, hence why you cannot compare LCH with Angels in this context. Regardless of both our ranks.
I think maybe you answered the question from your POV, so its therefor not impossible to compare both.
Will be interesting to see LCH's answer to the same question.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:19   #6
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

In terms of "Did they earn thier spot", I guess I can see what this thread is asking for.
I have to say that the only people who really did nothing for thier place is LCH. They were never a threat to win, and they were not important enough to hit all round. They will say they were rebuilding, but they are an established alliance. you just can't cite "rebuilding" as an excuse, when you have been around since god knows when.
Newdawn. Did Angels work harder than them? More than likely so. But if PA had roads, Newdawn took the one with the least amount of hills, thus being a smart move. Doesn'T mean that they didn't earn thier place. They are very good, but you (forest) are correct in saying that they barely were hit, and after only a few days of heavy incoming, fell dramatically. Its really tough to judge, but in the back of my mind, I keep thinking if it was vice versa, if Newdawn got a lot of incoming, and Angels coasted through the round, would angels had lost the lead after only a few days? Probably not, as thier defence, though flawed(over defending) has held up all round, and they managed to be top 3 all round.
1up. Did they out perform some of the top 5? Well, the rankings answer this one, they are the lowest ranking "top" alliance. basically, any alliance capping roids ended above 1up. The others below them, were not active and serious enough to cap roids and end above 1up. if more serious alliances around, maybe they would have had a finish similar to RD 13 (Top 7). Did LCH out perform them? Sure. If it was switched, with LCH getting the incoming, and 1up coasting the round, ofc 1up would have done a hell of a lot better with a free ride, than LCH did.
Its to many variables to really say, this alliance did this more than this alliance.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:25   #7
Forest

I think if it had been switched, 1up/lch, then 1up would of won teh round, whilst LCH dropped like a stone. Which in itself is what you said about angels/nd.

So who performed better?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:27   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think maybe you answered the question from your POV, so its therefor not impossible to compare both.
Ofcourse it's my POV. And to that, I'd not accept a comparison between Angels and LCH based on what I answered.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:31   #9
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I think if it had been switched, 1up/lch, then 1up would of won teh round, whilst LCH dropped like a stone. Which in itself is what you said about angels/nd.

So who performed better?
Well, I said that for both pairs I think. Definitly, 1up would have done more with the free ride than LCH did, and LCH has already died once when they got incoming, so I really can't see any realistic arguement from thier side about it.
But lch still performed better.
Imagine your boss had you and a m8 race to a certain point across town. Your m8 got a ride there, but you jogged, fought 2 bears, and got mugged. If you still finished after your m8, your boss really cares **** all. He just knows that your m8 finished ahead of you, And your m8 was smarter for taking the easy way.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:33   #10
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Something

First of all, everything we will discuss now is only regarding performance of said alliance this round and do not reflect their all-rounds performance, saying about an alliance they are good or bad and not setting limit of time and explaining the factor involved in the said round is purely like trying to explain advanced mathematics to a 3 year old. impossible and truley inadequate.

ND were truely perfect performer in the political fields, they were able to analyze the battlefield and work the "grudges" between the said alliances to work out the fact no one targeted them, they also made sure that the "concept" that ND werent good enough and that they could be taken down in few days would work in their favor. On the military side, they are strong but not enough to strike back after losing a big amount of roids, it seems their spirit can be easly broken, that the price you pay when you dont get lot of incoming and then suddenly lose "everything" you built in just few days, when you get targeted like exilition or 1up or angels, you at least know that your members have the spirit to finish a round and that the road can only go up from here.

Exilition has proved they are able to fight a tough fight, they knew how to take advantage of the smaller alliances (like 1up in earlier round) and redirect them on Angels and 1up. i admire their spirits, they didnt break in middle of the round and for that i think they did remarquably well. OF course their win is a well deserved win for the smalller alliance who fought on their sides, taking the loss and having a side in the escalating violence this round showed us.

LCH did very well since they didnt really started at full force, i think again alliance assumed that LCH would rebuild and that mean wouldnt do much damage and that why they werent really targeted all round, they were also a good factor in the 1up/angels/exiliton war, they targeted ND and somehow added a little balance in the war, making it for ND impossible to pull a bigger lead, in another case i would say that they are lucky ND didnt pull a lead because then we would of go after ND earlier and ND would have hold #1 less time.

1up, its obvious they didnt performed well this round, a big factor in their medium performance would be the knowledge exiliton had that 1up has to be stopped no matter what, they knew that one of the only alliance who would give exilition a fight and wouldnt allow them to pull a lead is 1up, i think 1up were pretty accurate on their political view when they said that exiliiton has to be taken down first before going on any other alliance, exilition with their spirit and their skills would be unstoppable if they would have openened a lead like ND. 1up has been stopped and i truely admire the fact they kept on fight even they knew they couldnt end #1 and and ensure that the universe would be kept balanced.

Last is Angels, In my own view Angels had one of its best round, politically it was almost impossible, on one side we had ND who had taken a lot of bits off us, and on the other side exilition who you either have on your side or against you. When you have 2 serious runners for #1 then its not a big deal, you either win or lose but you dont have a lot of ways to do so, but when its get wide open to more than 3 alliances going for a win, then its get more difficult, and sometime its really based on luck and also on timing. we were known as skilled players and therefore marked as potential #1, that was one of our terrible problem, we were targeted and gang banged several time, but we kept on fighting.

We might have lost the round and finish only #3, (and it seems we are losing a lot of roids but its due to the fact that now after ND has been finished, exilition can move to us and take all our roids, lets get honest, the round is finished.). But i can truely say that Angels had a big influence on the outcome of the round and did what lot of other alliances would have failed in our spots, not blocks or nap more than one alliance at a time while we had to fight more than 2 fronts at several moments.

About the smaller alliances, i cant really discuss about their performances because i was too way involved in the performance of the top5 alliances and their politics and i am too blind to give a true image of what was up there, if their HC can add their insight, i will be truely delighted.

Well done all of you, Round 15 was truly a good round.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:37   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's exilition.

There's no need to give comfort for those who finished 2nd and below, they don't need it.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 16:47   #12
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

But eXilition, who finishes first, needs it?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:00   #13
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
It's exilition.

There's no need to give comfort for those who finished 2nd and below, they don't need it.
Thanks lok :P
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 17:02   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

The surprise ally for me is LCH, that is a real peach of rebuild round for ya.

A credit (not a PA one sadly) to remy and co
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 18:31   #15
Samandmel

Samandmel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Well, I said that for both pairs I think. Definitly, 1up would have done more with the free ride than LCH did, and LCH has already died once when they got incoming, so I really can't see any realistic arguement from thier side about it.
But lch still performed better.
Imagine your boss had you and a m8 race to a certain point across town. Your m8 got a ride there, but you jogged, fought 2 bears, and got mugged. If you still finished after your m8, your boss really cares **** all. He just knows that your m8 finished ahead of you, And your m8 was smarter for taking the easy way.
I read somewhere that you dont take much on lch rebuilding anyways, but just to state... lch are rebuilding, comparing them to last round is not correct, I for 1 have joined lch and if push come to shove (as did in insomnia war) there is a differant moral in lch and I have never just rolled over and died in ten rounds of playing for hirr.... I dont think much will change in my new home at lch.

Then again if thats the way you want to think its only a weakness on your part, under-estamating the enemy.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 18:43   #16
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
LCH came into this round with different priorities. While Angels started this round with the only objective to win it, LCH came into this round with the main objective to rebuild, improve, get back to the strong LCH and winning a round is also one of their goals but I'd assume not the highest priority this round.

If they pass us and end #3 then I would not mind it so much as for any other alliance overtaking us in the last day. LCH have played a very good round and succeeded in achieving their objective. Angels has failed to achieve its objective, nonetheless we played a very good round aswell.

One of best posts of round imho
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 18:57   #17
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

eX or ToF in my eyes, closely followed by LCH.

eX won the round brilliantly, even with the amount of incs they have had, and i think no winning ally has had that amount of incs per member ever, nothing confirmed though.

ToF for surviving that overtake and coming out almost just as strong, with just a few members.

LCH for doing as good as they did, reason im not listing them as #1 is cause they had almost a free ride.
still not bad for a rebuilding ally.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:01   #18
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

I Will congratulate 1up and Angels for not collapsing after the amount of incs they had during round, but with the strong command i kinda knew theyd survive. ( dont go and disband after this round and prove me wrong lol )
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:09   #19
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

LCH for an excellent rebuilding job. eXil for strong political work backed up by military success. 1up for not buckling at the beginning. ND for keeping out of the mess that was the first half of the round. Subh for having an excellent first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah
ToF for surviving that overtake and coming out almost just as strong, with just a few members.
After finishing as highly as they did last round, ToF should never have been so low down in the rankings before the attempted revolution. They recruited well as usual, but were never on a true par with Subh/TGV/VGN as hoped. On the PR front, the evolution revolution saved their round.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:19   #20
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

LCH's view on this round.

I feel both kjel and alch worded it very nice, we are rebuilding and where planning on a round of just fun and see what happens.
We where not trying to fight for #1 since that was not part of the goals for this round.

IMHO ALL of the alliances did the best they could (not only the top 10) and compairing them is not something I like to do (but I'll try a bit )

Exil:
Exil fought a great round and never gave up, codos for that.

ND:
I think ND played their best round ever, good members nice tactics but I think the round was 1 week to long if it was up to them.

Angels:
Good fighting spirit, damn lazy kjel , hyper active Irv, good posting alch and ofc dedicated members. well played round.

1up:
I think the heat on them from day 1 was the reason they are in the 5th spot atm, I do think they have a great set of members with a lot of fighting spirit cudos to you guys.

All in all I feel it was a great round and I like to thank ALL ppl in PA for a round well played.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:20   #21
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I was told we (LCH) would play this round with 36 members..
with as goal to get our membercount to 50

But things turned out a bit differently
We did get the promised 'fun round' tho, thanks everyone for that =)
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:27   #22
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Winner of the round exilition.
Best preformed alliance LCH.
Losers of the round - Insomnia
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 19:34   #23
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Exilition is the best alliance this round. nqp?
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 20:13   #24
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
LCH for an excellent rebuilding job. eXil for strong political work backed up by military success. 1up for not buckling at the beginning. ND for keeping out of the mess that was the first half of the round. Subh for having an excellent first round.

After finishing as highly as they did last round, ToF should never have been so low down in the rankings before the attempted revolution. They recruited well as usual, but were never on a true par with Subh/TGV/VGN as hoped. On the PR front, the evolution revolution saved their round.
I think thats a little harsh tbh. ToF will tell you themselves they arent a 'top tier' alliance and that in a true round with pretty much all the top players present they are realisticly looking at fighting for the positions 6-10. They played the Round 14 well and deserved their 4th place but that round was a round that allowed this rankings to be obtained due to the vacume left by alliances not playing or teaming up and its unfair to judge alliances too much based on that round. The simple fact is until the eVo situation Subh, TGV, Vengeance, ToF and F-Crew were always pretty close in score and it really wasnt that clear who would come out in 6th and whom would be 10th as the rankings were swapping around fairly frequently (and even now with the final day approaching the gap between TGV, Vengeance and F-Crew are small enough that it wouldnt be a complete surpise if that if that order switched slightly and no doubt ToF would have been in play still if eVo hadnt happened).

Rather than be negative though I have to say I think its amazing how compeative the top10 was for most of the round. I mean we had
  • eXilition/NewDawn/Angels all battling it out fairly closely for the top 3 spots
  • Subh/TGV/ToF/Vengeance/F-Crew all battling it out closely for the 6th-10th spots
  • LCH whom went from battling it out for 6th-10th spots for the first half of the round to battling it out for the top4 spots for the second half.

The only alliance that has never really looked 'competative' in teh top10 is 1up whom seem to have occupied a no mans land in the rankings. Too good to be dragged into the battle for ranking with those below them but unable to drag themselves into the battle for ranking above them. (and before 1up release the hounds to attack me for this, I'm not having a go. I'm sure you have reasons for your performance this round as the quality in your alliance is certainly high enough to compete with the very best in a fair fight)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 20:21   #25
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Exi of course, best bunch of people i ever played the game with and i have been around for awhile.

1up i have always respected, and even though the rankings don't show alot, it is just one side of the story. They gave Exi Hard work and vice versa, i don't think anyone would disagree with that who was involved in this battle from end of protection.

There my two top allinaces on performances, don't like to go into much detail, but every alliance has played a good round for a number of different reasons. No one can criticise ND for there apporach fair play and a wise choice, Angels put up a good fight but with there member base nothing to be suprised about in my opinion anyway (I think a couple underestimated them a bit, maybe). SubH had an excellent first round, and i respect them alot with what they did although i think with there political stance some people do not understand exactly what they were doing in the round (They were not just a puppet alliance to Exi)

And last but not least LCH, im just glad to see LCH back in the rankings and looking strong. I was in LCH R9 - PaX and really that got me started to play Planetarion with the intention of winning, good HC team and a good core i just hope they keep improving.

Respect to all those who played this round using 100% effort, thats what made R15 such a good round. I don't think many people can say they didn't have fun, i know i did maybe see you sometime in the future rounds!!

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 20:25   #26
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wakey makes some very good points, again. Sorry ToF
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 21:38   #27
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Depends how you measure success.

Subh came into this round as a new alliance struggling at around 15 men below the rest of the top 10, and holding on tight throughout.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 21:50   #28
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandmel
Then again if thats the way you want to think its only a weakness on your part, under-estamating the enemy.
You have to step out of 3rd grade. Just because someone doesn't think like you do, it does not make them weak.
Sounds a bit like Hitler.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 21:53   #29
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

eXilition
They had drawbacks this rnd, wasnt all the way up to the victory, but command's excellent internal (not to mention military) work kept the members motivated, and kept even the raped fighting for the ally. From what i saw in some past top allies and even this rnd on other top 5, isnt one easy thing to do

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Unread 22 Dec 2005, 22:28   #30
Samandmel

Samandmel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You have to step out of 3rd grade. Just because someone doesn't think like you do, it does not make them weak.
Sounds a bit like Hitler.
When someone cant see fact yet regulary posts on these boards and assumes to be politicaly aware comes out with rubbish that you posted then it does show a weakness in some department.. Sorry.

Let me explain why..

1. when you start with a memberbase of around 30 (after being a contenter for rounds before with 70 onwards). I would call it rebuilding. Thats what it is, doesnt matter how long they been around.

2. If you have built from 30 core players to a memberbase of 76, Its different people, not all roll over and die as you assumed.

3. Insomnia underestimated a rebuilding alliance, and decided to roll it over to give moral and a victory spirt to itsself. Again at the time, they had more members, more roids. In the end it backfired, it fired up lch and bonded a rebuilding allaince. This I believe shone through and ended with demise of Insomnia.

4. lch didnt stay out of the wars, more the wars didnt come to them. I believe it was so finely balanced at the top no-one would chance the starting of a war on another front (I couldnt see another situation where the 4th ranked Alliance is fighting and at the momment holding top planet. Other alliance's left this too happen as didnt want to invoke a war or there would have fought to get the 1 spot).

5. Again when lch did decide to make a point, I believe I read some where they where the deciding factor against ND and the start of there fall (ND _Fish maybe ? anyway its out there, I read it).

6. They may still finish with the No1\2 players.

7. They finish probarly in 4th place

8. They finish with a member base of 76 and a decent platform for the coming round\s.

All this and yet you say they where unproven and would roll over and die (Alliance only do that when there members have died already, these new members are ready and fired up with our success), believe me it shows a weakness on your part and under estimation of an alliance, im no hitler .

Last edited by Samandmel; 22 Dec 2005 at 23:02. Reason: adding a bit
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 22:29   #31
n4m3l355
Mista JZ

n4m3l355 can only hope to improve

though being exi puts me in a different position to look at how 'good' we did then others. Though i quit playing planetarion some rounds ago because i missed the hardcore feeling i had in early rounds and eXilition sure gave me this. I havent seen ever so many hostile fleets nor did i ever send so often a day out my fleets. It is common to send out 6 fleets a day which is really what i needed in this game.
now i'm sure 1up did give a hard game towards us and i'm sure they played very well and if angels/nd were put in the same position they wouldnt have ended that high yet i wonder if 1up would have ended this high if other lower ranked alliances did have 80 members instead of the 60/65. I'm pretty sure they would endup somewhere around place 8-10 with the hits they got every night over and over again.
eitherway 1up you guys know how to give some serious resistance pld for that
and ofc eXi for all
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 23:21   #32
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samandmel
When someone cant see fact yet regulary posts on these boards and assumes to be politicaly aware comes out with rubbish that you posted then it does show a weakness in some department.. Sorry.

Let me explain why..

1. when you start with a memberbase of around 30 (after being a contenter for rounds before with 70 onwards). I would call it rebuilding. Thats what it is, doesnt matter how long they been around.

2. If you have built from 30 core players to a memberbase of 76, Its different people, not all roll over and die as you assumed.

3. Insomnia underestimated a rebuilding alliance, and decided to roll it over to give moral and a victory spirt to itsself. Again at the time, they had more members, more roids. In the end it backfired, it fired up lch and bonded a rebuilding allaince. This I believe shone through and ended with demise of Insomnia.

4. lch didnt stay out of the wars, more the wars didnt come to them. I believe it was so finely balanced at the top no-one would chance the starting of a war on another front (I couldnt see another situation where the 4th ranked Alliance is fighting and at the momment holding top planet. Other alliance's left this too happen as didnt want to invoke a war or there would have fought to get the 1 spot).

5. Again when lch did decide to make a point, I believe I read some where they where the deciding factor against ND and the start of there fall (ND _Fish maybe ? anyway its out there, I read it).

6. They may still finish with the No1\2 players.

7. They finish probarly in 4th place

8. They finish with a member base of 76 and a decent platform for the coming round\s.

All this and yet you say they where unproven and would roll over and die (Alliance only do that when there members have died already, these new members are ready and fired up with our success), believe me it shows a weakness on your part and under estimation of an alliance, im no hitler .

Ok, lets put this as simple as possible. Say you own a bank, and I come in for a loan. You give me that loan, and I never pay it back. I come in again, a few years later, and ask for a loan again. You think "this bastard never paid the other loan". You wouldn't be wrong for doubting my integrity correct? LCH died last round, and sent out a mass mail to its members with some month and a half to go, saying that they gave up(HC). I am not wrong for doubting LCH's integrity.
I also, do not doubt that you like LCH, and you think that a subpar finish for an established alliance, in a round where they hard virtually no real incoming, is great. I respect your opinion, but I think that put into 1up/angels shoes, they would have yet again folded, thus they owe thier success mainly to them being unimportant.

Sidenote: Hitler also tried to "force" his way of thinking onto others also.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 23:34   #33
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Ok, lets put this as simple as possible. Say you own a bank, and I come in for a loan. You give me that loan, and I never pay it back. I come in again, a few years later, and ask for a loan again. You think "this bastard never paid the other loan". You wouldn't be wrong for doubting my integrity correct? LCH died last round, and sent out a mass mail to its members with some month and a half to go, saying that they gave up(HC). I am not wrong for doubting LCH's integrity.
I also, do not doubt that you like LCH, and you think that a subpar finish for an established alliance, in a round where they hard virtually no real incoming, is great. I respect your opinion, but I think that put into 1up/angels shoes, they would have yet again folded, thus they owe thier success mainly to them being unimportant.

Sidenote: Hitler also tried to "force" his way of thinking onto others also.
Chika,

I know you don't like LCH so be it but plz stop posting nonsense.
There is no other person in LCH that can announce we quit but me.
All you are trying to do (for a few rounds now) is vent your frustration about us killing your planet in a FC a few rounds back, get over it.
#multihunters
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 23:42   #34
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

LCH remind me of ND last round.

The main difference being that this round there is more than 1 top tier alliance around. If Angels and eXi didnt play this round, and ND collapsed, LCH would have been twatted similar to how ND was in R14. They played a good round, but lets not get ahead of yourselves, you have a lot of work to do in R16 to prove you are a top alliance again.
Unread 22 Dec 2005, 23:51   #35
Borgoroth
Reunion

Borgoroth is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to point out Reunion with its 3 members in this thread. Its #1 by avg score(1,5 mio to second) and has 66,6% of its members in top 60 and the last one in top 200. Reunion clearly achieved its objectives this round and whats most important, had fun doing it.

Another alliance which I think should be mentioned is zz-crew. They managed to play almost all round long(1 day left, anything can happen still!), without disbanding or any kind of revolutions.
Congrats zzhou for keeping the dictatorship!

oh and i think exi was most succesfull alliance, in the end its only score that counts. Anyway, this was one of the best rounds I've played, and to me it looks it also politically wise. Not much stagnation, as it used to be.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:55   #36
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Chika,

I know you don't like LCH so be it but plz stop posting nonsense.
There is no other person in LCH that can announce we quit but me.
All you are trying to do (for a few rounds now) is vent your frustration about us killing your planet in a FC a few rounds back, get over it.

Sadly, I have never been caught in an organized fleet catch, though I have no proof. (Do you speak of RD 13? You could probably claim that you had sex with me during RD 13, because I really don't remember anything after about tick 350, the tick I stopped logging in) Other than that, LCH never fleet caught me. Additionally, they have never done anything remotely to make me bitter towards them. LCH HC sent an ingame mail in RD 14, denouncing thier chances of winning the round, with 1 month 1/2 or so to go in the round. FACT. LCH had minimal, incoming this round. FACT. Other than that, what have I said?
1up, switched with LCH, meaning lch a lot of incoming, 1up virtually none, would have done better with the free ride than LCH did. Is this the point you are arguing?
I am confused, because I can't see why you could consider me bitter to LCH, when all I have said is what you guys did. I have seen your alliance flop on your ass since RD 11. (10.5 if you count all of the quitting Ely that went there after ELY crashed and burned). The first round that you are virtually unimportant, you finish top 4. Big deal.
Well, I guess I can see your point about the bitterness. I don't go around calling ugly girls ugly, so I shouldn't go around calling shit alliances shit. I take it back.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 01:09   #37
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

if ND were the most successful player of politics this rnd - they'd be #1.

a lot of people don't seem to realise how wonderfully spot on exil were with their military and political strategies this rnd. i'm nothing but fairly impressed by their HC for it.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 01:13   #38
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
if ND were the most successful player of politics this rnd - they'd be #1.

a lot of people don't seem to realise how wonderfully spot on exil were with their military and political strategies this rnd. i'm nothing but fairly impressed by their HC for it.
I agree with you there, ND did box clever right up to the last 1,2 weeks of the round
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 01:17   #39
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

cudos to all who played their hearts out.

Personally, i am quite impressed with eXi's members, 90-95% of the time they did wake up when we called them. And yes, there were times when they didn't get up ( this included myself twice)

But all in all, the other allies also played their heart out, 1up, ND, Angels, thanks for the great battles we had. Really kept the round open and fun IMO.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 03:49   #40
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

well i may be blowing our own trumpet, but i think ROCK have proved most people wrong....noone expected rock to be in top 15 when the predictions were made at start of round....we may not have got the top 10 i was hoping for, but the members and command team have done the alliance and their hcs proud. We have our best average in a long time, and until the vgn onslaught we were on course for getting very close to that elusive #10 spot...kudos must go to exi for a well played round...and a thought of commiseration for tof who's internal problems knackered their round..

wishing all a merry christmas and a drunken new year from ROCK command

timeline

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 03:57   #41
[G-II]PigmonkeY
McRib(TM)

[G-II]PigmonkeY is an unknown quantity at this point

G-ii Ftw!
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 05:15   #42
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

eXilition
They are the best this round imo. This is because they played the round with no shame in what they did (with the support planets etc..) and broke the system but to no avail. They also prooved themselves not dependent on those support planets after the new rule was introduced and played the best political round in the situation they were faced with. Also, respect goes to the member base of eXilition who fought like true warriors to win this round.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 07:17   #43
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

there was no "support" planets, only scanners with ships and some cov oppers with ships
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 07:40   #44
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Chika i think ill say it now because no one else will...
No one takes u seriously and no one rezspects your oppinion have been dumped by all of the repectful top 5 allies out there so please just take a hint and give it up. I can understand u would be pissed off with allies that dumped you but why u need to try and rip them so much is beyond me. I done my research and i know u are not a bad player so why u keep dragging urself down so much?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 07:49   #45
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

and if u have anything else to say against alliae that dumped you ( 1up,angels, lch etc ) then come up here and well set u straight. your gay avatar wont save you against the glasgow pa contingent ( 6 + counting)

* oh you got served

* its on

* oh you know its on... this friday the convention centre
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 09:53   #46
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Chika i think ill say it now because no one else will...
No one takes u seriously and no one rezspects your oppinion have been dumped by all of the repectful top 5 allies out there so please just take a hint and give it up. I can understand u would be pissed off with allies that dumped you but why u need to try and rip them so much is beyond me. I done my research and i know u are not a bad player so why u keep dragging urself down so much?

If I had a quarter for everytime someone said noone took me serious on pa boards I would be a rich man. Sadly, in this instance, I really didn't give an opinion. I stated 2 facts, and a comment that you can't possibly disagree with. What does that mean? The facts that I stated about LCH, make you a bit charged because I am talking shit about them. Chika`= saying facts. Rinoa= Not liking these facts.
You should be looking at your alliance.
I don't even care to explain the "top 5 allies dumped you" thingy. At a minimum, a 4 year old child could understand that after looking each situation over, and I doubt you are that dumb, so its simply a case of you not knowing what you are talking about.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 09:58   #47
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
and if u have anything else to say against alliae that dumped you ( 1up,angels, lch etc ) then come up here and well set u straight. your gay avatar wont save you against the glasgow pa contingent ( 6 + counting)
* oh you got served
* its on
* oh you know its on... this friday the convention centre
I remember about 6-7 months ago, I called you an idiot and told you that you were not funny. I believe you when you say that you take things I say as a joke now. because you are still an idiot and not funny.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 10:01   #48
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
[]LCH[] did what we wanted to do: rebuild.

Because everyone knew we werent a major force this round, we indeed didnt have wars as we normally have (not counting insomnia attempt). Still, we did well, and achieved our goal indeed!

I agree with Kj on his analysis
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 10:05   #49
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
well i may be blowing our own trumpet, but i think ROCK have proved most people wrong....noone expected rock to be in top 15 when the predictions were made at start of round....we may not have got the top 10 i was hoping for, but the members and command team have done the alliance and their hcs proud. We have our best average in a long time, and until the vgn onslaught we were on course for getting very close to that elusive #10 spot...kudos must go to exi for a well played round...and a thought of commiseration for tof who's internal problems knackered their round..

wishing all a merry christmas and a drunken new year from ROCK command

timeline
I get the impression ROCK have really stepped up a level this round. I met up with a few players from my old galaxy earlier this round. A ROCK in the galaxy they ended up in explained to me her progress (from being new this round) to finishing t20 in an underdog alliance after being taught the game by ROCK HC/other officers. She did very little different to what I did in R15. Also, looks like most/all top players have stayed loyal to the alliance to which is nice to see at the end.

Gl next round. Keep it up.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 10:06   #50
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
[]LCH[] did what we wanted to do: rebuild.

Because everyone knew we werent a major force this round, we indeed didnt have wars as we normally have (not counting insomnia attempt). Still, we did well, and achieved our goal indeed!

I agree with Kj on his analysis
Finally. I agree with your post 100%.
But I think allies should start stating thier goals before round publically. " We were trying to do that" doesn't cut it for me sometimes.
LCH performed well in thier situation though.
Closed Thread