User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Sep 2003, 09:01   #1
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
So I have to pay the state of New Mexico $175.00

Apparantly they don't like it when you go 102 mph on the freeway.

Speed limit is 75 mph btw.

102 mph is 175 kph btw.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 09:04   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I thought the speed limit on American freeways was 55mph
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 09:07   #3
Mirai

you're living in the past. Or just not anywhere near NM.

It's unlimited in Wyoming, btw.

(If it was 55, they would've revoked my license)

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 09:22   #4
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
You should make fking sure there are no five-o around homie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 09:35   #5
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
You should make fking sure there are no five-o around homie.
There wasn't.

In my lane.

Unread 27 Sep 2003, 09:42   #6
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 09:52   #7
Mirai

Quote:

Unread 27 Sep 2003, 10:09   #8
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough
come live with me and aryn

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 10:12   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
It's 70 over here, but they don't care if you do 125 in the fast lane
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 10:14   #10
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
dont speed
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 10:15   #11
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
you're living in the past. Or just not anywhere near NM.

It's unlimited in Wyoming, btw.

(If it was 55, they would've revoked my license)
unlimited is a bit of stretch. I belive its what ever is "safe" for the conditions. (ie cops discretion)
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 10:21   #12
Mirai

Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
unlimited is a bit of stretch. I belive its what ever is "safe" for the conditions. (ie cops discretion)
No, there's that one freeway that's unlimited in the day.

Unread 27 Sep 2003, 11:50   #13
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

You should actually be thankfull it's only $175.

In Norway, if you break the speedlimit by 5 km/h in a 100km/h sone, your looking at some $550 fine. If you break it by 27,5km/h your loosing your license, and might end up in jail for a few weeks

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 13:22   #14
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
dont speed
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 14:43   #15
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

In Norway, if you break the speedlimit by 5 km/h in a 100km/h sone, your looking at some $550 fine. If you break it by 27,5km/h your loosing your license, and might end up in jail for a few weeks
That's a little over the top isn't it?

those crazy crazy scandinavians
evil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 14:50   #16
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard a story that a scandinavian country (no idea which) has a law that fines are based on income, so there was a really rich guy who got caught going 10km over the speed limit and was pinged 200grand or something.
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 15:16   #17
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
<3 New Mexico <3

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 17:10   #18
Red
Reborn

Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkehpimp
I heard a story that a scandinavian country (no idea which) has a law that fines are based on income, so there was a really rich guy who got caught going 10km over the speed limit and was pinged 200grand or something.
There were 2 persons who got fines that big. The first one was Teemu Selänne (the hockey player) and the second one was an IT-millionaire (his income dropped to nil soon after the incident so the fine was lowered to a normal level)

And If I remember correctly, that was 200k finnish marks, about 35k €

Ignorance is a bliss unless you die of it
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 18:44   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
you're living in the past.
So the speed limit used to be 55mph?
When did they change it?
And why did they have a stupidly low limit in the first place?
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 18:52   #20
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
heh - speed limits are bad

i go 175 kph on a regular basis (well it's the max of my car anyway) - NO SPEED LIMIT RULES
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 19:53   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Yes.
Quote:
When did they change it?
They started increasing it on a state-by-state basis several years ago.
Quote:
The Federal government essentially set a national speed limit of 55 mph during the oil embargo in the '70s to conserve gasoline (which it did). After that, they argued that a lower speed limit resulted in fewer traffic fatalities (which was probably true, but few cared to follow that line of reasoning to it's logical conclusion: 0 mph => 0 deaths). Eventually, and particularly in western states (which are much sparser), there was a strong desire to increase the speed limit, or at least restore to the states the right to set their own speed limits. Eventually, states were given the right to set their own speed limits again and many states have restored speed limits to pre-oil embargo levels--at least on interstate highways.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 20:10   #22
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
some of the best infrastructure in the world and a speed limit, what a waste
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 20:17   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
this german mentality to me, is as stupid as american gun laws mentality

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 20:19   #24
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
When did they change it?
They changed the 55 limit to annoy Sammy Hagar

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 20:20   #25
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
this german mentality to me, is as stupid as american gun laws mentality
look, if you drive on a straight forward street, with very little traffic, why should there be a speed limit?
btw, our drivers clubs are probably just as good at lobbying as the NRA
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 22:15   #26
cnaw
Ancient

here mirai: http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/ste.asp?state=NM

:-)
-Masterplan
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 01:11   #27
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Get one of those Laser deflectors, bout $300 but I hear they work damn well.
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 10:05   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
road angels and street pilots seem to be the new thing. i am utterly dissapointed. Speed limits are there for a reason you tools, and anyone that complains about being caught speeding has only themselves to blame

Unread 28 Sep 2003, 10:25   #29
wu_trax

Quote:
road angels and street pilots seem to be the new thing. i am utterly dissapointed. Speed limits are there for a reason you tools, and anyone that complains about being caught speeding has only themselves to blame
if that reason is allowing the state to make some extra-money we have every reason to complain
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 10:35   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Speed limits are there for a reason you tools
I think the point is that some of them may be wrong/misjudged. Or are our legislators perfect?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 11:52   #31
cnaw
Ancient

"...from my cold dead hands"

Quote:

btw, our drivers clubs are probably just as good at lobbying as the NRA
...cars don't kill people; people kill people.
-Masterplan
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 12:02   #32
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
<snip>
Wow, didn't expect a response, thanks
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 12:06   #33
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough
Its a well known fact that lower speed limits cause more accidents. At least thats what happened in montana when they decided to set a speed limit on the highways that didn't have a speed limit :/

Unread 28 Sep 2003, 12:09   #34
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by meaple
Its a well known fact that lower speed limits cause more accidents.
Don't be absurd.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 12:20   #35
meaple
Pretend Faggot

Do your research like I did when I was bored, faggot

Unread 28 Sep 2003, 12:34   #36
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Do your research like I did when I was bored, faggot
Who needs research?

It's obvious that the slower a car is going, the quicker it can stop, and the less likely it is to hit something.

Accidents that happen at slower speeds are also less likely to kill or seriously injure the people involved.

And there is a difference between having a low speed limit and changing a high limit to a low one, as the latter is likely to make people annoyed and frustated, because the journey they usually make has just got longer, which may cause more accidents. (There is also the possibility that some people obeyed the new limit and others didn't, which could cause accidents.) But to take this result and say that it applies universally is absurd.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 12:48   #37
meaple
Pretend Faggot

Troll

Its more dangerous for people to go slow because theres always someone wanting to go faster. So when you're coming along in the fast lane at say 75mph and some jerkoff thats going 56mph decides to pass someone going 55, theres a high probability that they didn't anticipate you closing on them at 75 and you will have to brake because of that. If there are more people following you at ~75 they will have to brake as well and traffic will slow down and increase the risk of cars running in to each other because people will follow closer and there will be more cars per mile than before because of the bunching up (lols bunching)

Anyway theoretically you should be much more alert of things at higher speeds.

PS I think thats my longest post ever
PPS I'm cold and my winky is too

Unread 28 Sep 2003, 13:19   #38
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Its more dangerous for people to go slow because theres always someone wanting to go faster.
I think the one who wants to go faster is the dangerous one .

People should stick to the speed limit, and not drive faster or slower. People who drive too fast are dangerous because they don't have enough time to respond to situations. People going too slow make other people do stupid things.
evil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 14:21   #39
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't drive you animal-hater.

Matrim
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 15:29   #40
wu_trax

Re: "...from my cold dead hands"

Quote:
...cars don't kill people; people kill people.
at least one who got the idea
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 15:31   #41
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Re: "...from my cold dead hands"

Quote:
at least one who got the idea
people won't kill people if they don't get the chance
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 17:55   #42
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
I think the point is that some of them may be wrong/misjudged. Or are our legislators perfect?
Thats your point, its not _the_ point

No, they are not. But i presume the council who had the road built, maintain the road, and hold national and local figures for accidents are in the best position to judge what is an 'economical' potential loss of life vs allowable speed, and not the driver whos pissed off because hes going to be 5 minutes late because he didnt leave his house 5 minutes early enough.

Unread 28 Sep 2003, 18:16   #43
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Have you ever been to the US? The streets suck. There are bumps and cracks everywhere. To compensate that non-American car manufacturers usually change the chassis and add a softer suspension for the American market. But with these changes in place speeding is more risky - the cars are not very good to handle.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 18:27   #44
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
It's 70 over here, but they don't care if you do 125 in the fast lane
probably only because i have seen at the most.... 3 patrol cars on the A180/M180 (and believe me i drove up and down there almost twice everyday when i was delivering stuff)...

and also they cant speed up enough to keep on your tail when you fly past em like that :P... give me your car!

things would be a lot easier, with or without speed limits, if you didnt get pricks who just sit there like arse holes in the middle lane doing 60mph, causing anyone going faster to go in the outside lane. therefore you cant over take at all... on my trip down to london a few weeks ago people were doing it as far as your eyes could see. the outside lane was never going as fast as it should go (there should be a limit on that lane imo). and the people doing this stupid thing were either women, in their car which makes them "invincible" or people you could assume were immigrants (thats not a racial insult btw incase anyone takes it the wrong way).
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 18:27   #45
wu_trax

havent been there, but after waht ive seen on tv there seem to be lots of space and on average 2-3 lanes more than here.
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 18:33   #46
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob The Scutter
things would be a lot easier, with or without speed limits, if you didnt get pricks who just sit there like arse holes in the middle lane doing 60mph, causing anyone going faster to go in the outside lane. therefore you cant over take at all... on my trip down to london a few weeks ago people were doing it as far as your eyes could see. the outside lane was never going as fast as it should go (there should be a limit on that lane imo). and the people doing this stupid thing were either women, in their car which makes them "invincible" or people you could assume were immigrants (thats not a racial insult btw incase anyone takes it the wrong way).
OH YES, i know that feeling, here its usually old men with hat though.
sometimes i wich we would have these anti-gun-laws
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 18:33   #47
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
havent been there, but after waht ive seen on tv there seem to be lots of space and on average 2-3 lanes more than here.
Yeah, they really look good on TV

Unread 28 Sep 2003, 21:19   #48
cnaw
Ancient

Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
Yeah, they really look good on TV

you were watching "worlds fastest police chases" or one of the varients right?
-Masterplan
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 21:21   #49
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
you were watching "worlds fastest police chases" or one of the varients right?
lo cnaw!

Unread 29 Sep 2003, 19:50   #50
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
which car were you driving?
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote