User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Sep 2003, 07:20   #1
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
females should be banned from IMDB

I just dont get what prevents girls from having good taste in arts

I remember last time I inquired a girl about The clockwork orange, to which she replied " oh no, i dont like trash movies" (which here in brazil means B horror movies). Stunned with ignorance I decided to just remain in silence.

What up to now had been a stupid prejudice I had, have been confirmed in us.imdb.com

now i have the numbers to support and endorse my "prejudice"

pick a good movie, go there and browse trhu the ratings. The lowest ratings will be the ones given by females. Pick a crappy overrated movie, like titanic, and you will see the female vote rise

see it for yourselfas
pulp fiction

I rest my case

in utter ignorance and sexism

but prove me wrong
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 08:07   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I would expect that most 'dirty*' movies would be rated lower by females than males, and I tend to side with the 'they suck' crew myself (although I'm not much of a film fan anyway).

* I use this word because I cant think of a better one. I dont mean 'dirty' as in "sex/violence" etc, but in overall presentation, and the portrait of life being displayed.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 09:17   #3
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
nod is too :nod: to like things
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 09:27   #4
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0114733/ratings

people just don't understand the genius of Lloyd Kaufman
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 09:52   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
I know plenty of girls that have good and consistant movie taste. However in saying that I know girls who HATE violence and dislike any sort of unpleasentness. This is why some girls love Titianic and the English patient, because it actually hurts them not to see a happy ending and thus the film has an effect on them.
Films can have violence and unhappy endings/scenes without implicitly or explicitly endorsing a negative outlook/philosophy of life. Films dont have to fit into one of the two categories of being either "hay look at how much life suxxxx go go gadget existential angst ITS ALL MEANINGLESS AND MALEVOLENT :((((" or "bland superficial nonsense", its just that 99.99% of them actually do. Most popular "guy" films fit into the former category (reservoir dogs/shawshank redemption/every single gangster movie ever made/etc) while most "girl" movies fit into the latter (almost every romantic comedy ever), and both suck.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 09:57   #6
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
it is simply a matter of taste

i.e. you have none

favorite movies =

breakfast at tiffanys
leon
pretty much anything with bruce willis in it (oh and currently vin diesel too)
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 09:59   #7
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Of course there is also the problem of "not geeting it" which is the most infruiating. I have met many women who just didn't understand who Keyser Soze was, or why Star Wars is great, they literally can't work it out in their minds.

that bit is probably because you date dumb women

any PERSON with a reasonable level of brains guessed the keyser soze (sp?) thing half way through
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 11:03   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by madi
it is simply a matter of taste

i.e. you have none

favorite movies =

breakfast at tiffanys
leon
pretty much anything with bruce willis in it (oh and currently vin diesel too)
You're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shallow

However, there is another species of female movie-goer which has so far been left undiscussed.
I'm not quite sure what to call it though - so I will use one of my friends at uni as an example:
She likes films people can appreciate for being good (LotR, Lock-Stock, 28 Days Later (I don't care what you think, it WAS a good film damnit)) but bizzarely will ALSO not only go and see crap like Harry Potter or xXx, but expect me to come too AND then expects me to enjoy it.

Ok, so xXx is fun in a "lets see how many mushroom clouds of flame, smoke and bullets we can get on the screen at once" sort of way but it's hardly a film of quality.

Oh well.

Last edited by meglamaniac; 6 Sep 2003 at 11:11.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 11:11   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw

I'd vote 10 for that film because of the Exit Music (for a film).
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 11:11   #10
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
I just like filks that make me laugh, that have nice ewndings and are in general a bit cheesey. But then, everyone thinks I have no taste anyway given I like cheesey music too.

I watxh loads of films, but the ones I tend to pick for myself are nice romantic comedies and things, stuff like legally blonde, 10 things I haye about you, those kind of things. And lots of disney. I think I got stuck at age 8 or something. However, I like what I like, and dont generally make other people watch it, so I dont see why it should bother anyone else.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 11:21   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I make her watch things like The Big Lebowski.

Having the speakers is great.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 12:32   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

What is there to 'get' about the Matrix?
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 12:32   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
First "taste is subjective" comment plz.

Oh, and there are boys who have more **** movie taste then girls i know, and vice versa. One girl, for example, hates Terminator 2 (A movie i actually like, just for the random killings etc), but loves Shinjuku Triad Society, and that's a much more violent movie, whit rapes, random violence, and foul launguage.
I guess women don't like our shallow movies, and we don't like theirs, but there's a middle road or something. Oh, and did i say taste is subjective?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 12:44   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I knew someone would say that.
Good.

What's your premeditated answer then?
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 15:22   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Also, things like The Bible?
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 15:31   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

That just shows that Christian Fundamentalists don't like to work things out for themselves
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 15:44   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

There was one at Christ's. He was a historian.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 15:55   #18
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
88 Donnie Darko (2001) 8.1/10 (19947 votes)

wtf?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 16:02   #19
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
The trick is to remember that the bible is mostly lies.
The Matrix is a lie too!
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 17:44   #20
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
First "taste is subjective" comment plz.

taste is not subjective
there is good movies/bad movies

finito
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 19:44   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
taste is not subjective

finito
YOU DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF SUBJECTIVE, OR TASTE.

NEVER MAKE A POST ON THIS TOPIC AGAIN.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 20:53   #22
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'd vote 10 for that film because of the Exit Music (for a film).

LOL

Erm,clearly I may be wrong on this,but I dont think Radiohead ever contributed or wrote Exit Music for that particular film.

MrL_JaKiri,look a little closer at the film title next time :P

(sorry I couldnt let that one slip)
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 21:14   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Ooopsy daisy.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 21:47   #24
Muslim
Banned

Quote:

i won that discussion
by WO
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 22:04   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i won that discussion
by WO
By 'ignoring the dictionary definition of the words'.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 22:42   #26
Muslim
Banned

now im pretty sure that you havent read the last reply
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 22:51   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Quoted for agreement.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 23:03   #28
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
i won that discussion
by WO
I have no idea what you mean by 'by WO' (ok, so maybe its obvious)

But as i recall, you went to bed and the argument never resurfaced. Everyone I discussed it with thought you were wrong though.

Taste is subjective. You not liking it makes it a bad movie, in your opinion. Me liking the same movie makes it a good movie in my opinion. We are BOTH right.

And from what I can gather, that situation is VERY likely to arise.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 23:29   #29
Muslim
Banned

i did replied
take a look
WO is without oponent
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 23:39   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It doesn't stop you being wrong, as the points were responded to earlier in the thread.

As to dictionary.com not being definitive, the Oxford English Dictionary is and has much the same definition, if a little more verbious.

In addition, I argued with you because you were wrong.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 23:40   #31
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Well I was keeping an eye out for it and never noticed, so you must have done it very subtley.

Just cause no-one replied doesnt make you right, it makes us sick to death of arguing with someone who wont listen to a word that is said.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 23:47   #32
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebany
Well I was keeping an eye out for it and never noticed, so you must have done it very subtley.

Just cause no-one replied doesnt make you right, it makes us sick to death of arguing with someone who wont listen to a word that is said.
very subtle?
I tell you why. Suddenly my acc became bloked to post in that very thread. I could reply to other threads, but not that one
after i complained about that to a mod, which take some hours, i was able to reply...

Anf as for " does not listen to a word", see my post again. I have answered every question on the matter, made a few more that were just ignored. I did the same questions thruought the thread, and they where never retorted
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 23:49   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Aside from the fact that every definite statement you have made has been wrong, you mean?

[edit]

And why haven't you replied to my post?
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 23:55   #34
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Quote:

Anf as for " does not listen to a word", see my post again. I have answered every question on the matter, made a few more that were just ignored. I did the same questions thruought the thread, and they where never retorted
You kept repepeating the same, frequently proved incorrect, points over and over?

If I like a film, i think it is a good film. You cannot tell me I am wrong. I can think what I like.

If you like a film, you think it is good, I cannot tell you you are wrong.

Ona similar vein, you presumably think your girlfriend (or whatever object of your affections) is beautiful. I may think she (or he) is a complete heifer. That doesnt make you wrong, or me wrong, it just means we have different taste.

There can be generalised accepted areas for what is good and what isnt, but that is in no way a definitive category for anything. God it would be boring if it was. Even the movie critics in magazines dont agree on what is good and what is bad. Surely if it was as simple as applying a few rules then films would receive the same ratings from every critic all over the world?
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 00:01   #35
Muslim
Banned

i dont think you all got the good taste / bad taste routine

along with bad taste = bad genes = you sent to genetic oblivion
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 00:03   #36
Ebany
Cute Kitten

I was present for the entire discussion, although you did do a fine job of utterly ignoring anything I said, preferring to purely concentrate on MrL_JaKiris posts.

Are you claiming I have bad genes?

How can my genes have ANYTHING to do with my taste in films?

edit: After slight discussion with MrL_JaKirir, to clarify, I find it deeply unlikely my taste in films affects my ability to reproduce effectively
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 00:03   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i dont think you all got the good taste / bad taste routine

You don't really know much about biology do you?

ps

Still ignoring my posts
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 03:24   #38
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
taste is not subjective

finito
Taste IS very subjective. I mean, i love graffiti, most people don't. Is my taste (or theirs) somehow not subjective, and if so, not valid?

I like movie A. You don't. We both have a taste, but different, a subjective taste. If it's good or not depends on our taste in movies, and that taste is different from person to person, ie whats-the-word-we-all-love?

EDIT: Look away from the graffiti thing, since most people are just brainwashed into disliking it by the evhul goverment
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 04:03   #39
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Please reply with everything you know about genetic diversity, with focus on how it affects a species survival chances.
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 04:29   #40
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by W
Please reply with everything you know about genetic diversity, with focus on how it affects a species survival chances.
im not going into that, just clarifying

now check this hypotesys

there is people who like to hump fat girls.
I reckon that in certain enviorements being fat actually helps (thermal isolation, food supply for the hard times)
But, should given population live in a area like a savannah, with no place to hide. Its also a place where its terribly hot. And not only that, but food is abundant, as long as you are able to run a lot with the other hunters, to trap antylopes.

Being fat in this situation is a death sentence.

i know it could not get any simplier, but it states why taste is not subjective. If you have fat offsprings, they will starve and suffer.

I know that when they stopped eating (for not being able to go with the other hunters) they would get skinny and able to run. Its just a hypotesis. To improve think that along with the "being fat" bit, there is a congenial disease that gives you cancer in the stomach if you are constatntly hungry.

therefore, in this enviorement liking fat girls is wrong, therefore taste is subjective. This goes on and on as to beautyful girls, models, then arts and so forth
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 07:47   #41
Nodrog

I like how people use the "TASTE IS SUBJECTIVE!" cliche to try and justify the fact they have stupid opinions.
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 08:01   #42
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
im not going into that, just clarifying

now check this hypotesys

there is people who like to hump fat girls.
I reckon that in certain enviorements being fat actually helps (thermal isolation, food supply for the hard times)
But, should given population live in a area like a savannah, with no place to hide. Its also a place where its terribly hot. And not only that, but food is abundant, as long as you are able to run a lot with the other hunters, to trap antylopes.

Being fat in this situation is a death sentence.

i know it could not get any simplier, but it states why taste is not subjective. If you have fat offsprings, they will starve and suffer.

I know that when they stopped eating (for not being able to go with the other hunters) they would get skinny and able to run. Its just a hypotesis. To improve think that along with the "being fat" bit, there is a congenial disease that gives you cancer in the stomach if you are constatntly hungry.

therefore, in this enviorement liking fat girls is wrong, therefore taste is subjective. This goes on and on as to beautyful girls, models, then arts and so forth
But you yourself gave counterproof. You said that in certain environments being fat actually helped. So how is it objective, if having fat offspring does not always cause them to "starve and die"?

Diversity means that you try out all options. Only WHEN you die out are you proven to be flawed. Fat people exist, movies like the titanic exists, which is proof that there's nothing wrong with either. Yett.

You never know whether we'll see the next ice age soon, or whether the world will turn into a hot desert. Diversity helps the species prepare for both.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
I like how people use the "TASTE IS SUBJECTIVE!" cliche to try and justify the fact they have stupid opinions.
Nodrog in "****e bandwagon troll" shocker.
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 12:02   #43
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Dont worry though, I'm sure that "Arnie Goes Terrorist Hunting IV - The Final Curtian" is of the same objective quality as Hamlet, and that Westlife are intrinsically equal to Philip Glass and Bach. Its all completely subjective
No-one saying that Bach is of the same "objective" quality as Westlife, since "objective quality" doesn't actually mean anything, unless we're referring to a specific quality.

Nirvana's 'Come as you Are' may be longer or shorter than Busted's 'Year 3000'. That's an objective statement. It may also use more chords, have a wider diversity of musical instruments behind it, take more skill on average to play it, be liked by more people and be remembered for longer. These are all objective comments which we can measure.

But saying it's objectively "better" needs for us to have an objective marking system. Which we don't. We can invent one, and then say "On the X Grading System, Clockwork Orange is the best film ever". Anything else is bunk.

p.s. I mean quality in a more traditional manner rather than in the 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' type of quality.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 12:49   #44
Snurx
Dirte

Nod, claiming that something is better just beacause you like it, or that the upper class does, is just, uhh, kinda weird. It just shows that either you, or them, have a pretty big superority complex, and that you will suffer when the revolution comes

There is culture on both sides that is good, and culture on both sides that are bad. But, just beacause you like/dislike Hamlet, has nothing to say about you as a human, exept for your tastes ofc.

Oh, and how is taste not subjective?
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 13:42   #45
Ryudo

Ryudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You never know whether we'll see the next ice age soon,
Actually they know when the next ice age will begin, to the nearest decade, because the whole climate system is cyclic and we are due an ice age in the next 1000 years or so if i remember right
Unread 7 Sep 2003, 14:37   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I like to watch sport on TV

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryudo
Actually they know when the next ice age will begin, to the nearest decade, because the whole climate system is cyclic and we are due an ice age in the next 1000 years or so if i remember right
We don't. We've caused enough climated disruption.
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 01:08   #47
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by W
But you yourself gave counterproof. You said that in certain environments being fat actually helped. So how is it objective, if having fat offspring does not always cause them to "starve and die"?

Diversity means that you try out all options. Only WHEN you die out are you proven to be flawed. Fat people exist, movies like the titanic exists, which is proof that there's nothing wrong with either. Yett.

You never know whether we'll see the next ice age soon, or whether the world will turn into a hot desert. Diversity helps the species prepare for both.

Nodrog in "****e bandwagon troll" shocker.
i said "given situation"
what good comes from being a fat ass that will die in the middle of the savannah.
they will die, all of them, because of hunger and cancer in the stomach. As you see there is no point in having a completely unsuitable body frame, in the remote possibility that things will change

hence, bad idea, bad taste, wrong taste. no humping on fat girls.

taste can derive from this. People have diverse taste in the same way diversity helps the species. As long as people are living in that savanna, having intercourse with fat girls is wrong.

Much in the same way people who like crap movies today are wrong
Somehow things might chance, and liking crap might become an advantage. But as long as the situation maintais itself as we see it, people who dislike great movies are just wrong

and nodrog is not trolling, he is just standig up for what he believes in, no matter how other defenders of the same idea might have been labeled

you all, but nod, believe in labels. you are the ones trolling around
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 01:12   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
what good comes from being a fat ass that will die in the middle of the savannah.
How much Savannah is there in Norway?
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 01:13   #49
Ebany
Cute Kitten

But I dont think theyre crap movies. As for as I'm concerned, YOURE the one with crap taste for likeing bad movies. So in my opinion YOU should be the one to die.

Who is this 'ultimate decider' on which are the 'right' films to like?
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 01:40   #50
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebany
But I dont think theyre crap movies. As for as I'm concerned, YOURE the one with crap taste for likeing bad movies. So in my opinion YOU should be the one to die.

Who is this 'ultimate decider' on which are the 'right' films to like?
clearly you havent read my previous post on the matter

and you are a newbie, considering that you said "your girlfriend..." (even if you just cogitaded the hipotesys)

and jalkiri

"I said "given situation""