User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:29   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Bloody PCs

This PC was overheating, and by overheating I mean 'athlon automatically turning itself off before it melts if high load applications are running'.

So I decided to do the thing a sensible person would have done a long time ago.

Clean the heatsink.

Just a little word on the heatsink.

It's not one of these annoying clippy on ones that make you just about break the motherboard before you can get it on or off. It screws on, making (theoretically) taking it on and off really really easy.

The manufacturers claimed that.

They were wrong.

This is because of the way it was mounted onto the motherboard; the nuts keeping the mounting on had come off, so when you attempted to unscrew it, it just turned in its hole and did nothing.

Decided to give up trying to take heatsink off. Heatsink was cleaned, played Rise of Nations on Sam's PC against Giles, who was using my other PC.

Tried to turn PC on.

Didn't work.

Realised that the heatsink wasn't attached well enough to the processor.

Realised that I would have to take the whole computer apart.

Swore a bit.

Out went the graphics card, sound card, hard drives et al.

Spent a good while detaching the motherboard, while waiting for giles to get pliars from downstairs so we could get the mountings off the heatsink and put them back on the motherboard.

Spent a further good while waiting for Giles to return.

Put heatsink mounts on, put motherboard back, about to put heatsink back on but then

remember that I didn't put the insulatory washers on the heatsink mount.

Decide that motherboard short circuiting is only slightly more annoying than having to take motherboard off all over again.

Repeat above process.

Back in goes everything else.

Turn on.

And amazingly I'm alive to tell this story, now happily listening to MP3's using my Microsoft Media keyboard.

But this thing's still a bastard.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:33   #2
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
I still find it most amusing that mine managed to reinstall windows before yours restarted. Its not like mine was being quick about it either, it took a good half hour or so.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:35   #3
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
lack of computer expertise + maintence of pcs=profit!

consider yourself lucky. the pc of the guy who lived with me just stoped working out of the blue, and we ran all the checks and nothing seem to work, we took off everything, even the processor, and put it back in and that ****e wouldnt work
then i reset the cmos
BINGO
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:37   #4
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
you should install more stuf and leave wired hanging round and have coolant drippign all over the floor. that would be excellent. or maybe I have been watching too much anime.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:40   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
notice how i am posting as mark for reasons of 'humour platinum'.

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
you should install more stuf and leave wired hanging round and have coolant drippign all over the floor. that would be excellent. or maybe I have been watching too much anime.
how about both?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:42   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
notice how i am posting as mark for reasons of 'humour platinum'.
you will just give him a respectable image.

Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:45   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
you will just give him a respectable image.
Basil is respectable.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:46   #8
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Basil is respectable.
there is a challence in Dace's sex thread... deal with it at once.