User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Aug 2003, 19:09   #1
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
Nuclear fallout simulator

Semi-interesting/scary. If it's your sort of thing, give it a whirl.

http://covert.ath.cx/fallout.zip

Discuss.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 19:10   #2
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
its like, 100k
what sort of programme is this
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 19:14   #3
Muslim
Banned

I just tried it
ACE
i made a 5000 megaton bomb
apparently It killed like, half of USA with radioactive clouds etc etc
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 20:05   #4
Muslim
Banned

what is that RAD thingy
radius? or a radiation-related measure?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 20:12   #5
Muslim
Banned

dont you have this program in the International Sistem?
with kgs, kilimeters and kilos?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 20:21   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
i think RAD is a unit to measure radiations.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 20:51   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
i think RAD is a unit to measure radiations.
Radiation itself is measured in Becquerels (Bqs). Rad is an old unit used to measure radiation dosage (RAD = Radiation Absorbed Dosage). It is defined as radiation energy absorbed per mass of tissue. It's not a terribly good measurement because it treats all types of radiation equally (for example, 1 Rad of alpha particles can cause 20 times more damage than 1Rad of beta particles).

Radiation dosage is more accurately measured in Rems (REM = Radiation Equivalent Measures), also called Sieverts (Svs). This weighs the absorbed radiation by the amount of damage that particular type of radiation causes.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 23:05   #8
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
The best part was that I got to press Q and return to dos.

Matrim
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 02:04   #9
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
The best part was that I got to press Q and return to dos.
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 06:42   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I hate the fact that Finland is so bloody close to Russia.

Those reactors are really a pain.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 07:15   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Let's start a nuclear war!
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 08:07   #12
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
I hate the fact that Finland is so bloody close to Russia.

Those reactors are really a pain.
And on the other side you have Sweden, with old reactors...
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 13:24   #13
warrmr

warrmr is an unknown quantity at this point
why couldent i find the UK on that map and why was the us on the right of the map thats gay what country is that from

the UK shoud be in the dead centre of the map as its got the 0 line of wasitude going throught greenwitch
warrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 13:59   #14
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
The best part was when I chose not to download this

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 14:04   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Ärketrollmannen
And on the other side you have Sweden, with old reactors...
Since when have the Swedes managed to do something correctly anyways, should've seen that coming.

Obviously. Hence, The Finnish reactors are the only proper reactors around here?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 14:22   #16
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by warrmr
why couldent i find the UK on that map and why was the us on the right of the map thats gay what country is that from

the UK shoud be in the dead centre of the map as its got the 0 line of wasitude going throught greenwitch
wich country is it centered on?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 18:11   #17
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
wich country is it centered on?
north PACIFIC , near timor
hey dont be so hard on chojin
shes a great poster that went trhu god knows what to bring us this l33t program

Last edited by Muslim; 12 Aug 2003 at 18:28.
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 18:21   #18
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
l77t
what
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 01:59   #19
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim

i made a 5000 megaton bomb
Can you build another one for me? I have plans for it :)

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 09:17   #20
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

actually.

What was the power of the biggest bomb ever detonated?

(The one the russians detonated in siberia i believe)
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 16:02   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
actually.

What was the power of the biggest bomb ever detonated?

(The one the russians detonated in siberia i believe)
50 Megatons. They supposedly had a 100 Megaton version but they never tested it.

Big bombs aren't terribly efficient, though. The destructive radius increases only as the cube root of the bomb's energy output so once you get above a couple of Megatons you're mostly just bouncing the rubble a bit higher. Plus big bombs are heavy bombs, and they use up all your bomber/missile payload.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 09:39   #22
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Wich explains why they actually have those MIRV thingys
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 15:51   #23
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's a pretty crap game i must admit