User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Oct 2003, 15:48   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
What I admire in terrorism:

Dedication...
Seriously, those people have a goal in life, hoe absurd it may be, and they are actually prepared to die for their goal.
Not a single western pussy is prepared to die for their goals. They are all too obsessed with their consuming and their carreer.

When I grow up, I wanna be a terrorist!!
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 15:59   #2
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What I admire in terrorism:

Sorry SI, but this was very uncreative. Before I came in to read it I knew exactly what you where going to say.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:02   #3
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Sorry SI, but this was very uncreative. Before I came in to read it I knew exactly what you where going to say.
Did your mouse hover over the link for a second before coming in to read it?
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:05   #4
Intrepid00

No, I just clicked it. As soon as I saw the title I knew where this was going. So many people have already made jokes about it.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:05   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
You psychic or something?
But I was dead serious, those guys really know what they are on about. They really deserve more respect than people are giving them.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:14   #6
Intrepid00

Sorry, F for creativity but I will give you a C for effort.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:17   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

People who are willing to die for an ideal can't have much to live for in the first place.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:19   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I geuss that is dependent on how you view death. I do not feel that sacrificing oneself for a few humble lines of scripture to necessarily be courageous in any way. You could also take the view that death is the easy way out and that the real challenge lies in living a full and prosperous life.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:54   #9
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Hard to live a full and prosperous life if someone kills your family and nicks your country.
did I not say challenge?

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:58   #10
I Am TDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Dedication...
Seriously, those people have a goal in life, hoe absurd it may be, and they are actually prepared to die for their goal.
Not a single western pussy is prepared to die for their goals. They are all too obsessed with their consuming and their carreer.

So what makes our goal of a long and enjoyable life any less vaild than the disillusioned goal of a terrorist?

Most people who kill themselves only do so because someone else has told them too (usually through twisted interpretation of religion) had they have not been warped I doubt the thought to blow themselves up would have ever entered their empty little heads.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 17:21   #11
Intrepid00

http://www.ilovebacon.com/101603/f.shtml

Now this pumpkin had ideals and met its goal.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 17:46   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Terrorism is nihlism taken to its 'conclusion'

or something
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 18:34   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

erm

what about the military?

surely theres lots of people in that who would die for their country/flag/beliefs.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 19:07   #14
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

They are only willing to die because they think that God will reward them with eternity in paradise and unlimited sex.

They don't think they're sacrificing anything at all.

What a shock they'll get when God sends them all to hell for mass murder.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:10   #15
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

we aren't willing to die for anything because we;

- got everything we need already.
- aren't brainwashed like those people (7 virgins at heavenporch blababla).
- don't need to die to get things done. (not that they get it done by dying).
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 13:02   #16
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Dedication...

Not a single western pussy is prepared to die for their goals.

The Crusades, anyone?
David Blaine, Anyone?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 19:46   #17
Pie
Banned

Pie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Skragg
The Crusades, anyone?

The crusaders were more about territory gain then religious fundamentals. Pope Urban II's preaching at Clermont only really roused the "peasants" it was mostly younger nobles who hadn't inherited much from their fathers and wanted territory for their own.

Sorry.

edit: and the people's crusade were sent to the holy land under flase pretenses, they were literally brainwashed into thinking a land of 'milk and honey' awaited them, upon reaching Anatolia (Modern Turkey) they were promptly slaughtered in their thousands by the Seljuks ;(

Last edited by Pie; 17 Oct 2003 at 19:54.
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:31   #18
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point

i pretty much doubt that atheist would ever be willing to die for his cause
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:32   #19
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim
i pretty much doubt that atheist would ever be willing to die for his cause
Again, soldiers.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:34   #20
Muslim
Banned

they are not willing to
soldiers never think that they will die

terrorists on the other hand are 100% sure of death on the point they start walking down the road
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:34   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
soldiers never think that they will die
lolz
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:36   #22
Muslim
Banned

peniz?
you know what i meant
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:37   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

What? I was mocking you for your frankly baffling comment.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:39   #24
Muslim
Banned

oh yeah
real mature
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:40   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Reasoning with you seems pointless when you believe that soldiers don't think there's the chance that they'll snuff it, and that aetheists wouldn't die for a cause.

World War I anyone? Trenches? Certain death? What?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:45   #26
Muslim
Banned

I meant that the regular soldier that is in a battlefield will do everything on its capabilities to avoid being killed.

There are, However, situations that a given soldier can be sure that he wont make out alive. Nevertheless usually he will fight to the bitter end trying not to die

The terrorist, on the other hand, Deals with a 0% chance of survival, quite the opposite of the soldier.
When you are a soldier, and you enlist, in times of war, your chance of survival would be, say, 70%

thats a number that the terrorist cant count on

why is it so hard to understand, and why have i to excruciate every little detail?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:47   #27
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What I assume he meant was that while soldiers are mentally aware that yes, they are in a war and could die at any moment, they don't think it will actually happen to them. Think if yourself when you took your High School diploma, I bet you never even gave it a moment's serious thought that you would fail. You were aware that, yes, you might fail given bad circumstances but Iäll bet you never really believed it would happen to you.

With soldiers in war, its like that but much much worse.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:47   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Because none of that was implied from your original post.

Also, explain why bodyguards to the President are willing to be shot and probably killed to protect him? They're doing the exact opposite of what you just described.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:51   #29
Muslim
Banned

again
its a chance of dying
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:52   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Plus when it comes down to it, I think anyone would be willing to die for a cause. Otherwise you wouldn't see selfless acts like people running into burning buildings to save trapped occupants and things of that ilk.

Are you saying that, should it be required you wouldn't die to save your kids? Your spouse?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:58   #31
Muslim
Banned

people who do that believe in afterlife (wheter genetic or in the religious sense) and the chance of not actually dying
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:59   #32
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

Structural Integrity....

You, are a ****ing moron
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:00   #33
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
people who do that believe in afterlife (wheter genetic or in the religious sense) and the chance of not actually dying
I don't believe in an afterlife. I'm certain that once we pop, we're stopped*. Yet I know for damned sure that should I ever have kids and it came down to it I'd die for them. You see if on the news occassionally, people using themselves as human shields in pub shootings and the like. You wouldn't have time to assess your theological standing before making a decision. So it can't be that clear cut.

*Comedy reference to Pringles.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:06   #34
Muslim
Banned

so where are you getting?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:09   #35
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
so where are you getting?
What?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:10   #36
Muslim
Banned

what is that you are wanting to prove me?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:11   #37
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

That your claim about aetheists not being willing to die for a cause was crap.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:11   #38
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
what is that you are wanting to prove me?
What happened to your ability to string together a coherent sentence?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:14   #39
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
That your claim about aetheists not being willing to die for a cause was crap.
its is not crap

its pretty good actually

if you die, and you are atheist, thats it

there is nothing worst than dying, nothing.

so what would motivate an atheist to die?
nothing

=(

obviously the exceptions prove the rule
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:15   #40
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
there is nothing worst than dying, nothing.
This is where your argument falls down and dies.
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:16   #41
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Christ alive.

First, if you're an aetheist there's lots of things worse than dying. In fact, there's lots of things worse than dying no matter what your belief system.

Second, the preservation of life would motivate an aetheist to sacrifice himself, just like it would most human beings. Whether they believe in God or not doesn't really matter.

Third, how the hell does an exception to a rule prove it?
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 21:24   #42
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
if you die, and you are atheist, thats it
Thats not true. There might very well be a non-spirtual or non-religious method of having an afterlife. One's brainwave pattern might be encoded in some kind of "ether" for lack of a better word and be a self-sustaining matrix after one's time of death.

The only argument which can be raised against it is Occam's Razor, since we just don't know.