User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Sep 2003, 22:12   #1
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
source code html

If some site has some code in it so that you can not see the source code.

How can you get around it and see the source code of the page
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 22:15   #2
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
if you mean a javascript thing that stop you right clicking, download the page and open it in an editor

you hacker
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 22:22   #3
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Turn javascript off.

Right Click --> View Source
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 22:36   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
if you mean a javascript thing that stop you right clicking, download the page and open it in an editor
view --> source

from IE menu at top?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 23:59   #5
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
view --> source

from IE menu at top?
i don't know anything ;(
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 06:44   #6
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
SAVE THE HTML AND OPEN WITH A TXT

what i am wondering is
how come you are interested in html editing, even though your skills seems a little bit insuficcient for this =(
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 07:41   #7
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
i had to get around a "members only area". I had downloaded the page but it didnt seem to work in dreamweaver, but the code came up when i highlighted the button.

Code:
<SCRIPT>
function passWord() {
var testV = 1;
var pass1 = prompt('Please enter the password',' ');
while (testV < 3) {
if (!pass1) 
history.go(-1);
if (pass1.toLowerCase() == "success") {
alert('Thank you, Welcome to blah');
window.open('data.html');
break;
} 
testV+=1;
var pass1 = 
prompt('Access Denied - Password Incorrect, Please Try Again.','Password');
}
if (pass1.toLowerCase()!="password" & testV ==3) 
history.go(-1);
return " ";
} 
</SCRIPT>
So basically i just had to type in the url with data.html at the end.
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 11:27   #8
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
There's no such thing as 'html source code'.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 11:38   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by CoD
i had to get around a "members only area". I had downloaded the page but it didnt seem to work in dreamweaver, but the code came up when i highlighted the button.

So basically i just had to type in the url with data.html at the end.
or enter the password "success"

People who secure their site this way should be shot in the face.... with bullets, cum and a freighttrain... simultaneously.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 11:39   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's also sites which actually manage to encrypt their source code. Highly nasty, although you can still get around it with Mozilla.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 11:57   #11
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
anyone who even tries to protect their 'leet html' should be shot
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 12:39   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
anyone who even tries to protect their 'leet html' should be shot
That's even more true.
I recently came accross one of these "humour pics" sites, and they prevented people from saving the pics and looking in the code with this "no right-click" javascript. Now, I wanted this picture and I looked it up in the source without having to click, but why protect it like that? I mean, if someone wants that picture or source he WILL get it!
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 13:05   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Protecting code is not only stupid, it's also impossible.
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 14:21   #14
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
The only worthwhile image protection is anti-leach.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2003, 15:18   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
The only worthwhile image protection is anti-leach.
That's not image protection, that's bandwidth protection.