User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Aug 2003, 22:17   #1
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Lets just bomb anyone who isn't us to ****ery

Rather a poor choice of target, don't you think?
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 22:22   #2
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
those ****ers killed that brazilian dude
what a bunch of ****ing bastards
do they have any idea how hard it is for a brazilian guy to be on such a important organization high ranks?

kill them, kill them all
ignorant retards
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 22:24   #3
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Lets just bomb anyone who isn't us to ****ery

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Who do you suggest?
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 22:29   #4
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Guess Iraq just isn't getting any easier.

Matrim
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 23:20   #5
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Re: Re: Lets just bomb anyone who isn't us to ****ery

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Who do you suggest?
Americans, brits, or one of the little countries who are (also) sucking up to Bush.

The UN, I feel, is a legal authority in absence of proper Iraqi government.
Unread 19 Aug 2003, 23:46   #6
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
When I heard the UN had been bombed, I thought they meant the real one in New York, or maybe Geneva. I was quite dissapointed to hear it was just some fake knock off copy in Baghdad.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 00:00   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
they just don't know when a good thing happens. i guess they liked a tyrannical psychopathic dictator as their leader
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 00:27   #8
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Lets just bomb anyone who isn't us to ****ery
surprisingly similar to how the americans think

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 00:29   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
surprisingly similar to how the americans think

Zar
that's actually what I thought this thread was going to be about...
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 00:41   #10
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
US President George W Bush, speaking from his ranch in Texas, blamed the attack on "terrorists" who he called "the enemies of the Iraqi people".
I'm not sure why, but this sentence amuses me.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 01:19   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Suicide bomber #1: Those Americans and British are being awfully mean to us. We should do something about it.

Suicide bomber #2: I know! Let's bomb anyone who shows any sign of being reasonable or attempting to help us in any way!

Suicide bomber #1: You haven't exactly thought this through have you........?
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 01:34   #12
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Erm more like,

Planner #1: We are going to loose the fear and control of Iraqi civillans soon if the rebuilding of Iraq succeeds

Planner #2: Yeah,if the international community is seen to help the people and rebuild the country then we will look like the butchers and tyrants the west says we are...

Planner #1: If we stop the UN from rebuilding Iraq then the people will get sick of the no food,power and the american presence and wish for the days of Sadam and the Baath party again!

Planner #2: Yeah,just like Italy in the 50's "Mussolini was a bastard but he made the trains run on time"!

Planner #1: Ok,send in the kid....Hey kid,listen 40 virgins await you if you drive this cement truck into the UN compound and push this button...

Poor Virginal Exploited Arab Teen: Wow,40 virgins AND I become a martyr! How can I loose!

several mins later

BOOM!
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 01:38   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by IncubusGod
Planner #2: Yeah,just like Italy in the 50's "Mussolini was a bastard but he made the trains run on time"!

At this point I stopped pretending I knew where you were going with this.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 01:43   #14
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
At this point I stopped pretending I knew where you were going with this.
say what now?
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:08   #15
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
no, the target wasnt that bad from their point of view:
if they manage to make the un leave the country, the us will stand pretty much alone their. (and they will probably be bancrupt before they manage to set up their free and democratic puppet-goverment).
these guys dont want to be the good guys, they only want to get the us out of the country.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 12:52   #16
Kåre Willoch

Kåre Willoch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Erm more like,

Planner #1: We are going to loose the fear and control of Iraqi civillans soon if the rebuilding of Iraq succeeds

Planner #2: Yeah,if the international community is seen to help the people and rebuild the country then we will look like the butchers and tyrants the west says we are...

Planner #1: If we stop the UN from rebuilding Iraq then the people will get sick of the no food,power and the american presence and wish for the days of Sadam and the Baath party again!

Planner #1: Ok,send in the kid....Hey kid,listen 40 virgins await you if you drive this cement truck into the UN compound and push this button...

Poor Virginal Exploited Arab Teen: Wow,40 virgins AND I become a martyr! How can I loose!

several mins later

BOOM!
----------------------------------

Not bad plot, BUT the baath party are attacking military targets = "coalition" soldiers. Baath party is also a secular party, if you look for suicide bombers, go to the islamists, they're the ones giving keys to heaven to the teen-bombers...

Imagine if Hitler had won ww2, and a help organisation from Italy or even Germany was working in your country. They might do good things, but they are still ENEMIES.......... The bombing was stupid, in the way that it hurts iraqis, but then it was smart in the way that hurt Iraqis might hate the current leaders even more, for not managing the situation very well.

All hail Mullah Bremer )
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 17:06   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Lets just bomb anyone who isn't us to ****ery

Quote:
Not really; if they manage to put the jitters completely up The UN and non-coalition states, then The US will be left completely by itself in a Vietnam situation and will have to deal with every aspet of reorganisation and reconstruction from now until god kows when.

Strategically it's pretty saavy.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 17:09   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Lest we forget who the real indiscriminate bombers in Iraq are.
Oh please.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 18:34   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Not really; if they manage to put the jitters completely up The UN and non-coalition states, then The US will be left completely by itself in a Vietnam situation and will have to deal with every aspet of reorganisation and reconstruction from now until god kows when.

Strategically it's pretty saavy.
[conspiracy theory]

what if the US did it? Scare the non-allied states over the whole terrorist thing, make the US seem right, get instant international support and undermine the UN as a security body in a slight way?

Improbable but not implausible.

[/conspiracy theory]

pretty dumb to do so if it was the TERRARSITSOMG!oneone - remember that the US already ARE dealing with reconstruction
cough bribery cough oops
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 19:59   #20
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
for the 900th time, leave the Middle East to it and let Isreal run rampant on them all!
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 20:36   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
for the 900th time, leave the Middle East to it and let Isreal run rampant on them all!
If you're in favour of the end of the State of Israel that's a cool policy to adopt.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 20:44   #22
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
If you're in favour of the end of the State of Israel that's a cool policy to adopt.
downright trendy even.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 21:38   #23
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
IM PRETTY SURE that isreal could handle the muslim threat by itself
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 21:58   #24
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
if they throw a few nukes around...they might lose, but everyone else in ME loses as well....or not.
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 23:07   #25
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
Israelis are even worse than americans. If Israel had the means it would gas the entire world (no pun intended) you sure that is wise?

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 23:27   #26
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
how did we get to israel here?
anyway, without intervention by the us israel would be gone within a few years. i dont see that happening though.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 23:43   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
Without US financial support the state of Israel (and it's military budget necessary for fighting n wars) would collapse. This may already happen without the "doomesday scenario", but would certainly be escalated by it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 00:11   #28
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
say what now?
Mussolini was killed in April 1945
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 13:10   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
When Iraqi's die, it's an "unfortunate incident" a "miscalculation". When Westerners die it's "dispicable, cowardly murder."
That relies on the basis that acts like the one you outlined were actually deliberate and malicious, and so far you have offered neither motive nor proof for it being so. We are therefore free to dimiss this as 'crap.'

I didn't think I would ever actually see levels of insensitivity that lead to using a genuine tragedy as an ocassion to score a cheap political shot, and a grossly silly one at that. Not only that, but you went so far in your language if not in your intention as to almost condone or at least totally dimiss the terroist act that had just been perpetrated.
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 14:06   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Only an ideologue with a twisted sense of reality could ever question whether dropping a huge bomb on a city was "deliberate and malicious", are you insane,
The report neither mentions that the the weapon was deliberately targeted at the people, or even that it was American. As I remember, the report suggested it could be Baathist just as much as it could be American.

Even if it can be established to be American, you still have not provided proof that the weapon was deliberately targeted at the marketplace, and not just a stray that went off course. Why on earth would The US do that? Even if we assumed that The US was some sort of evil entity, as you probably do, there would be no political benefit in such an action.

Quote:
If you translate my post as condoning the attack that is up to you, but I think you should have read it, "this is a terrible attack, but we have done much worse"
You didn't make that terribly unambiguous in your post.

Quote:
Cheap political points are when you try to say that Al-Queda are responsible for the bombing as many commentators did, cheap political points are when you dismiss the wave of protest against the American invasion not just in Iraq but throughout the entire world, na dinsterad mindlessly repeat that "We are here to help" in the face of shootings and hardship.
I've never even mentioned Al-Qaeda. Please don't try and pre-supposed my opinions.

You are again suffering from the Marxist afflication that everyone who argues against you believes in a set check-list of 'bad' things that you have in your head.

Quote:
I like your words "genuine tragedy" yet I look in vain for your condemnation and marking of the market place bombing or any other bombing, where are your poius and shocked words then.
I take it as a given that people are aware of my opinion on the loss of any innocent life. Some of us are not rabid Marxists that have to use every oppurtunity to think about how some act fits into the political dimension.

And don't try to state that you used the market place bombing as an oppurtunity to express simple sadness at the loss of such life; you used it as a oppurtunity to bash The US, over an incident where, at least from that report you showed me, there was no evidence that it was even a US arm that caused it.

I don't think I need to be lectured on morality from you.
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 14:13   #31
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I don't think I need to be lectured on morality from you.
That's what I am here for.

I am the boards moral and ethical compass.
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 15:04   #32
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
if they throw a few nukes around...they might lose, but everyone else in ME loses as well....or not.
problem solved.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 11:39   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
1. My point exactly, only a hypocrite would point at a bomb hitting a market place during a bombing campaign and say "Well we don't KNOW it was the Americans".
You said it was the Americans, and it was a deliberate action; you still have said nothing to justify this.

Quote:
Perhaps the UN bomb was on it's way somewhere else and just a tragic eveidence, where's your prrof that it was sabateurs? eh? eh? You see your own twisted logic.
Well, we have lots more evidence that the UN bomb was a deliberate act; the truck was drove straight into position, then detonated; a group has claimed responsiblity; there is a political motive for doing such a thing diliberately, etc, etc.

Quote:
Perhaps as Mark Steel pointed in today's Independent, it was Kofi Anan who planted the bomb in order to get more sympathy for the UN.
If you're prepared to believe this sort of tosh, then you're not operating in the realms of the politically sane and it's probably not worth discussing things.

Quote:
2. So you are saying it wasn't deliberate, so the pilot just happened to get in a plane, his stearing was abit out and he happened to be flying directly over a city centre and then goshdarnit the bomb just fell out of the plane, of all the luck.
Er, I thought the report said it was likely to be a stray cruise missile, if it was American.

Where is your evidence that it was dropped from an Aircraft?

Quote:
The US may not have particularly wanted to hit civilians but they dropped a plain on a city, which is in-and-of-itself against the Geneva convention.
So why were they bombing the city inscriminately, if they didn't want to hit civilians, which would be an obvious result of such an action?

Quote:
I don't need to provide proof of intent, becasue THEY DID IT, IT'S THERE, ITS DONE.
Proof of intent(s) is different from proof of action you pillock.

Quote:
4. Sorry I didn't make it clear that I wasn't applying the Al-Queda comments to you, but to comments making similar pronouncements to you.
Ah, righto.

Quote:
5. No you are suffering the affliction of defending those in authority and giving them all due credit whilst condemning those who are unable to defend themselves publicly.
pffffft.

Quote:
6. Again with the Marxist thing. I have no doubt that you believe that you're humanitarian, but IMO you are a pretty rubbish one, when you speak out to defend the interests of those with already many sypathisers.
So I should base my allegiances on who is in the minority, not on who I believe to be in the right?

Quote:
Someone has to stand up and not let that nonsense slide. Imagine if Bush died and people were standing up saying what a great and noble hero he was, it's simply not the case. I'm sorry if that offends you,
I wouldn't be saying Bush was a great and noble hero, because he isn't. And that wouldn't be a minority opinion, at least, in a global context. Probably not even in a national context.

Quote:
but I am offended much more by the false outrage. The thread title invites comment does it not?
I was reading the outrage bit as given, and under the understanding that the thread was here for discussion of the political consequences.