User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12 Dec 2010, 13:58   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Winter Round: FAQ

There's a few questions around about this round, so i thought I'd answer them here. If you have any more questions you'd like to ask, let me know and I'll answer here.

Firstly, I'd like to state that as this is a bit of an experimental setup, there may have to be some intervention during the round. We will try and keep this to a minimum.

1) Are private galaxies 8 planets, or 8+8 (8 late joiners) ?

I didn't really make this clear, apologies.

Private galaxies are capped at 8 planets. They can have people signing up to join them at any time during the round, as "late joiners", but you have no late join system comparative to the recent "main" rounds.

2) Galaxy X:Y has more than 8 planets. Howcome?

The galaxy is a "public" galaxy. It has a maximum of 14 planets. If additional planets try to join a random galaxy and all existing galaxies are full, new galaxies WILL be created. If this becomes problematic, we may look at another solution.

3) Will there be a shuffle?
There is no planned shuffle to move players out of galaxies. However, some/all galaxies will be moved around to shuffle the clusters and make sure they are all complete.

4) I can't complete the quests as I can't join an alliance
EDITED

Alliances are now in the game. The majority of the alliance tools are also available.

5) What URLs can I access the round with?
http://winter.planetarion.com
http://xmas.planetarion.com
http://mini.planetarion.com
http://66.116.124.64

6) What is "Present Power"?
For those of you familiar with a "Capture the Flag" setting, it's very similar. After protection, every galaxy will receive one asteroid, a "present", randomly allocated to a planet within the galaxy. This asteroid has the same chance of being captured as any other (e.g. if you get a 25% cap, you have a 1 in 4 chance of stealing it).
A galaxy's "Present Power" is based on the number of presents it has.

The formula for your own present:
5*score_of_owning_planet/1000

The formula for presents of other galaxies that you posses:
1*score_of_owning_planet/1000

There is also the traditional planet / galaxy rankings.

7) Seriously, what's with all the names?
It's Christmas

8) Is this a normal round? Will there be an EoRC or prizes?

This is not a standard round and so there is no planned EoRC or prizes at the end. It's a very experimental round!

9) How do I see where the presents are?
On the galaxy page, there will be a list of the presents captured and which planet they are on. A complete list of all presents and their location is available in the "misc" section of the universe page.

10) Is the "Present Power" score cumulative?
No,
if someone captures your present 1 tick before the end, they gain the score and you don't. It means that you can never assume complete victory.

You can lose and recapture your present and re-gain the full score. Other presents are always the same amount.

11) Is queuing going to change with the faster ticks?
No.

12) Will the scan tree be changed / completed / etc?
No.

13) Will there be smaller clusters?
This will be considered in the shuffle. The shuffle will take place with the "present allocation" on Saturday morning.

14) What are the dump files going to be?
winter.planetarion.com/botfiles/planet_listing.txt
winter.planetarion.com/botfiles/galaxy_listing.txt
winter.planetarion.com/botfiles/present_listing.txt
winter.planetarion.com/botfiles/user_feed.txt

Last edited by Appocomaster; 17 Dec 2010 at 13:55. Reason: update
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote