User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 Nov 2010, 10:15   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
remove the automatic report plz

It is just impossible to try and surprise someone in an alliance with a sneak attack. It is auto reported as soon as it appears. It's a huge advantage for the top alliances (as if they needed it). And it brings nothing to the small guys without alliance (obviously).
I'd like to see it gone, so small planets stand a slim chance to land on bigger ones.
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 10:22   #2
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: remove the automatic report plz

No. Everything must be hardcoded into the game to make players' lives easier, because god knows they are too ****ing retarded to play the game on their own. You should be ****ing grateful that PA Team have seen fit to bless us with this feature.

GLORY UNTO THEM, LONG MAY THEIR REIGN CONTINUE.
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 10:25   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When you say "so small planets stand a slim chance to land on bigger ones", I think you mean "so that active planets can farm the living daylight (or moonlight) out of small ones".

This is only a good idea if prelaunch on attacks is also removed.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 11:12   #4
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
When you say "so small planets stand a slim chance to land on bigger ones", I think you mean "so that active planets can farm the living daylight (or moonlight) out of small ones".

This is only a good idea if prelaunch on attacks is also removed.
Kill the prelaunch <3

(Yes, I'm aware that's neither what you said nor are you in favour of)

(unless something's changed since I last saw you comment on the issue)
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 11:19   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am in favour of that. See here.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 15 Nov 2010 at 11:27.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 11:34   #6
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Prelaunch on attacks should definitely be removed to encourage a wider spread of attacking times, but it seems something that is set in stone.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 11:40   #7
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

mz, I stand corrected. I was sure you were of the opposite inclination.

I am in favour of removing both prelaunch and auto-report. But then, I quit. Just sharing an opinion!
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 13:42   #8
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
Prelaunch on attacks should definitely be removed to encourage a wider spread of attacking times, but it seems something that is set in stone.
Its a two way thing, in one way it helps casual players by allowing them to attack at the optimum time. In the other way it kills casual players as everyone is now launching when they arnt online.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 17:36   #9
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Its a two way thing, in one way it helps casual players by allowing them to attack at the optimum time. In the other way it kills casual players as everyone is now launching when they arnt online.
It's only an optimum time because prelaunch exists. Before prelaunch was added attacks happened a lot earlier in the day (game time) as everyone had to actually be on to launch. Consequently a lot more folks were also online to defend at the same general time. This made attacking harder and defending easier in general terms, at least for Europeans. Before prelaunch attacking was much easier for Americans (I can't speak for aussies and the like) and Americans were very valuable for defense against other americans.

What I am really trying to point out is that prelaunch has upset the balance of geography. Before prelaunch you tended to play with and against people primarily in your own time zone. Since the advent of prelaunch basically everyone plays with the americans and aussies as they are the ones awake (generally speaking) when attacks/defense primarily happen. All this to say, removing prelaunch would make people play more with people in their own general time zones, and thereby make the game a bit more accessible to europeans, which is probably not a bad thing at all.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 17:49   #10
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
It's only an optimum time because prelaunch exists. Before prelaunch was added attacks happened a lot earlier in the day (game time) as everyone had to actually be on to launch. Consequently a lot more folks were also online to defend at the same general time. This made attacking harder and defending easier in general terms, at least for Europeans. Before prelaunch attacking was much easier for Americans (I can't speak for aussies and the like) and Americans were very valuable for defense against other americans.

What I am really trying to point out is that prelaunch has upset the balance of geography. Before prelaunch you tended to play with and against people primarily in your own time zone. Since the advent of prelaunch basically everyone plays with the americans and aussies as they are the ones awake (generally speaking) when attacks/defense primarily happen. All this to say, removing prelaunch would make people play more with people in their own general time zones, and thereby make the game a bit more accessible to europeans, which is probably not a bad thing at all.
I agree with all of the above.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2010, 22:21   #11
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post

Judging by my experience from before the introduction of prelaunch, you are wrong. Even before prelaunch people were trying to get people from all around the globe to play with them to ensure that someone is awake to report their incomings. People would constantly set alarms to be able to wake up in the middle of the night to send an attack fleet and / or check to send defense. People would create telephone lists to ring people out of bed if they were needed to send def or when they had their own incomings.
Also, since all players are playing in the same universe, independent of the timezone they are living in, how can you claim that the game would become more accessible for europeans? It will always favour those people which can afford sending attacks at the times where the majority of players is asleep and thus unable to defend.

Seriously, before bringing up your points, take a look at the demographics and how alliances used to play before the introduction of prelaunch and afterwards. Please note that I am not wanting to defend prelaunch and auto reporting here, nor say they should be removed. All I am wanting to do here is set your argument straight.
Unread 16 Nov 2010, 03:03   #12
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
I agree with all of the above.
I disagree with all of above.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote