User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Jun 2008, 20:39   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Careers Advice - Interview

So I have an interview with a reputable accounting company and I am going to be assessed on the following criteria:

Building Relationships
Making an Impact
Business Focus
Drive and Resilience
Career Motivation

I'm just wondering if you have any tips in regards to the above criteria - if you have been tested on such or have sufficient knowledge about.

I've been informed I should research the company profiles, its competitors according to the Accountancy Age top 10 list and read the Financial Times but that does not help me with the above criteria so any help or pointers is appreciated and might help anyone else applying for accountancy.

Thanks for any advice or help as always
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 20:42   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Careers Advice - Interview

the criteria are bollocks. ignore them they are not your concern

the advice however is rather better.

pay attention to it
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 20:45   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

thanks for the indepth reply. fancy doing the interview for me? i'll pay for lunch and throw in a free cigar.
----------retired-------
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 20:55   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the most important thing is to find out who is conducting the interview.
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 22:19   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
sleeping with the interviewer is not an option.
----------retired-------
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 22:46   #6
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
This gives you an opportunity to find some information about the interviewer which you can use in your advantage. A little googling might help on finding some soft spots of the interviewer.

With respect to your initial post with the mentioned criteria:
Important is that you can prove by examples that you are possessing the necessary skills to score a positive on these criteria.
For instance, Building relationships: being chairman of a committee or summat alike points out you have that quality and you are capable of building relationships to be successful in your position. At least, when it is an example where you made a positive contribution
Use the STAR-method to get well structured examples. STAR stands for Situation, Task, Activities and Result.

My two cents.
Good luck with the interview

EDIT: At the end the most important factor is that you are competent, confident and yourself. Don't overdo preparations for an interview. Well, that is how I do it and ftw heh.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 22:52   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I have just discovered that I am going to have to sit a group discussion and they will monitor my input into the discussion (which is with other candidates).

God knows what it's going to be about :/
----------retired-------
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 23:07   #8
Membrivio

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

That is called an assessment centre. An assessment centre is a series of job-related exercises that help evaluate a candidates skills and abilities. If you link the criteria (and the job description) to this definition it may give you a hint what to expect. Also, don't think it is about who screams the loudest, it is more about your contribution and the way you interact with people.
Once again, the main advice is: be yourself. If you have the skills, you'll get the glory

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 23:37   #9
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Thanks membrivio. btw what is a membrivian.
----------retired-------
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 23:55   #10
Membrivio

No problem.
And in answer to your question: An inhabitant of the planet Membrivium... (Still says nothing, I know heh)