User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Jun 2006, 03:48   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My CV

These threads come around with some kind of regularity. Anyways it's my turn now. I'm not planning on moving job, just getting a day job to compliment my part time evening one. Office work will do. Ideally i think i wanna end up working in a bank. Anyways please critique. If you can advise me on my punctuation as i wanna make a good impression (and i think my punctuation might be slightly suspect). This is the fruits of 13 and a half hours at a computer today;
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 03:49   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My CV

>PERSONAL STUFF<

PROFILE:

A team leader within the Civil Service. Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team. Proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating a team to achieve their objectives. Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards. Computer literate.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

Feb 2003 - Date UNITED KINGDOM PASSPORT SERVICE

Jan 2006 - Date Executive Officer Team Leader

Managed an operational examination team of 8 people. Responsibilities:

• Managed team performance to meet agreed targets in relation to quantity, quality, efficiency, customer service, integrity and accuracy in processing passport applications.
• Monitored team production levels on behalf of the manager responsible for Office production.
• Provided technical and other assistance to the team as required.
• Assessed the performance of the examiners under my command.
• Addressed development needs and potential including performing individual coaching to improve performance.
• Handled attendance management for sick, annual and special leave in-line with Office policy and procedure providing the best match between available resource and likely demand.

Jan – Dec 2005 Passport Officer Grade 3

Examined passport applications from first time applicants. Responsibilities, further training and achievements:

• Accurate examination of passport applications, requiring a thorough understanding of complex Government legislation, to establish identity, nationality and immigration status.
• Dealing with members of the public both in person, by written correspondence and over the telephone.

• Successfully completed various training courses, which taught me additional legislation, and the UKPS policy and procedure in relation to it, enabling me to handle cases more complex than those usually dealt with by a PO3.
• Successfully completed “Handling difficult and abusive customers” training course which provided me with the knowledge and the skills to respond positively to challenging customer-orientated situations.

• Was chosen to be one of four expert users on my shift pattern when a computer system upgrade was introduced. This role involved reporting faults and advising colleagues of best practice, in relation to the new system, where necessary.
• Was chosen to be one of four expert users on my shift pattern when IT facilities were granted to all employees. This role involved advising colleagues how to use Microsoft XP, basic IT trouble-shooting and liaising with the office IT department to solve additional problems.

2003 - 2004 Passport Officer Grade 1

Administrative assistant. Responsibilities:

• General administrative duties (filing, photocopying, faxing).
• Operating microfiche machinery to obtain copies of archived files.
• Processing work, received from a business partner who handles post-opening, and organizing it for use by the Office.

EDUCATION

1998-2002: University of Glasgow, Glasgow
BSc (Hons) Molecular and Cellular Biology

1992-1998: Dunblane High School, Dunblane
Certificate of Sixth Year Studies; Chemistry (C)
Higher: Geography (A), Biology (B), English (B), Physics (B), Chemistry (C), Mathematics (C)
Scottish Standard Grades: Five 1s and two 2s, including Maths (1) and English (1)

INTERESTS:

Member of the Sports and Social Committee at the UKPS Glasgow Office involved in organizing events. Keeping fit – football, swimming, gym
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 04:32   #3
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
• Addressed development needs and potential including performing individual coaching to improve performance.
That bit seems a bit awkward/wordy to me... But that's just personal preference.

Quote:
• Successfully completed various training courses, which taught me additional legislation, and the UKPS policy and procedure in relation to it, enabling me to handle cases more complex than those usually dealt with by a PO3.
Would split this into two sentences if possible... It strikes me as a bit of a run-on. Nice use of vocabulary though.

Quote:
• Successfully completed (the?)“Handling difficult and abusive customers” training course which provided me with the knowledge and the skills to respond positively to challenging customer-orientated situations.
Maybe... otherwise, well-written.

Quote:
• Was chosen to be one of four expert users on my shift pattern when a computer system upgrade was introduced. This role involved reporting faults and advising colleagues of best practice, in relation to the new system, where necessary.
junk the "where necessary", get rid of the commas, add an 's' to "practice" so that it becomes...

"Was chosen to be one of four expert users on my shift pattern when a computer system upgrade was introduced. This role involved reporting faults and advising colleagues of best practices in relation to the new system."

Very nice in terms of content and detail. If you're done uni, I would probably glorify that a little more than your high school... But that again is just personal preference.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 04:47   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good CV, but I cant help feel that all you've written about is your civil service job. I mean obviously thats your main selling point, but at the moment it is pretty much the only thing on youre talking about. Personaly i'd expand a bit more on the skills you gained during your degree (I know why you arent discussing it much, but you can probably still talk about various things without mentioning your final grade). I would also delete the references to the 'C' grades you got at highschool.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 09:50   #5
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Good CV. Better than mine Good to hear you have a "decent" subject matter for your degree. I have to say I hate having to inclued that word "assistant" in my out of date CV.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 11:55   #6
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

drop me a PM with your email and I'll send you tons of .pdf files of very good looking cvs so you can have a look at them.

also, would you mind if I post my CV here too?
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 12:15   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shorten some of the points under the PO3 section. I don't know what it looks like on a printed page, but the lines appear too long here, especially compared to the concise points under the Team Leader job.

You should also have a section talking about your skills (independent of the employment / education sections) - especially if any of those you have evidence for. For instance you could put your skills in the MS Office packages (if you've done any of those gay "Advanced Lessons" training course that your work might hold) or, depending on the type of work your typing rate, phone skills or whatever.

I'd also agree with Nod that you might want to mention something about what you did on your degree - e.g. use of statistical methodologies, necessity of eye for detail, research stuff, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 14:17   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Good CV, but I cant help feel that all you've written about is your civil service job. I mean obviously thats your main selling point, but at the moment it is pretty much the only thing on youre talking about. Personaly i'd expand a bit more on the skills you gained during your degree (I know why you arent discussing it much, but you can probably still talk about various things without mentioning your final grade). I would also delete the references to the 'C' grades you got at highschool.
From what i read about writing CV's you try and tailor your CV to the kind of job you're applying for. Sure i could mention the bar job i had, the job i had on a construction site, the time i worked at a crop research facility and the time i stocked shelves in a supermarket but really would it make any difference? Job wise i think it would be the equivalent of including my standard grades. I mean if i'm not gonna get an office job with the job experience i've listed i doubt i'll get it by writing about my other jobs.

Saying that tho i might knock up something for the science job (just to have to hand). Space is a bit of a problem tho as i'm VERY near (as in a couple of lines) to having fully filled 2 pages.

Also ... i've got 2 C grades out of 6. One of those was superceded by my SYS result (which makes it the equivalent of a Higher B). Again i think my degree supercedes any higher results i have anyway (but that's just me). Why did you remove all reference to your higher C results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Shorten some of the points under the PO3 section. I don't know what it looks like on a printed page, but the lines appear too long here, especially compared to the concise points under the Team Leader job.

You should also have a section talking about your skills (independent of the employment / education sections) - especially if any of those you have evidence for. For instance you could put your skills in the MS Office packages (if you've done any of those gay "Advanced Lessons" training course that your work might hold) or, depending on the type of work your typing rate, phone skills or whatever.

I'd also agree with Nod that you might want to mention something about what you did on your degree - e.g. use of statistical methodologies, necessity of eye for detail, research stuff, etc.

I don't have any qualifications IT wise (well other than the Scotvec Modules i got in computer applications and computer programming when i was 14 and 15 ... oh and a certificate in IT competence from Glasgow Uni that everyone has to get ... i don't think anybody will be impressed by any of them). The reason i was chosen to be "IT dude" is because they sent round a questionaire asking "Can you do these things. Please tick box" and i could and most folk on my shift are computer retards (like dont know how to send an attachment on an e-mail. Dont know how to search for files. Don't know how to create folders. *THAT* stupid). I went on the ECDL familiarisation course but havent asked to go on the actual course itself cause i know how to do all the stuff (it seems to be Standard Grade Computing by another name).

WPM wise ... i don't have anything concrete but on one of those computer test i scored like 55wpm. I didn't know if i should trust this / put it down tho.

Degree wise you might be correct. I've also been told to put down my actual grade.

PO3 job description wise ... it averages 3 lines in length (as apposed to 2 lines for the EO). I know it looks a bit long but i cant think of any way to shorten it without rendering the points meaningless. I'll have a think about it.

Thanks to all those who've given me advice. I'm gonna re-worked it and post again at some point this afternoon (lucky youse) :)
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 16:25   #9
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
From what i read about writing CV's you try and tailor your CV to the kind of job you're applying for. Sure i could mention the bar job i had, the job i had on a construction site, the time i worked at a crop research facility and the time i stocked shelves in a supermarket but really would it make any difference? Job wise i think it would be the equivalent of including my standard grades. I mean if i'm not gonna get an office job with the job experience i've listed i doubt i'll get it by writing about my other jobs.
Yeah... you do. I realize this may not count for much, but, I've been to a few sessions about improving resumes/CVs and customizing your CV for said job is what needs to be done. Make the employer realie that you are in fact qualified for the job. I'd say you're probably right not to include the earlier jobs... But I also agree about X'ing the high school. C grades are usually not something to brag about :/

Quote:
Saying that tho i might knock up something for the science job (just to have to hand). Space is a bit of a problem tho as i'm VERY near (as in a couple of lines) to having fully filled 2 pages.

Also ... i've got 2 C grades out of 6. One of those was superceded by my SYS result (which makes it the equivalent of a Higher B). Again i think my degree supercedes any higher results i have anyway (but that's just me). Why did you remove all reference to your higher C results?
Because pointing out C grades means you're essentially below average, and you struggled in those two subjects. It just doesn't look very 'impressive' so to speak.

Quote:
I don't have any qualifications IT wise (well other than the Scotvec Modules i got in computer applications and computer programming when i was 14 and 15 ... oh and a certificate in IT competence from Glasgow Uni that everyone has to get ... i don't think anybody will be impressed by any of them). The reason i was chosen to be "IT dude" is because they sent round a questionaire asking "Can you do these things. Please tick box" and i could and most folk on my shift are computer retards (like dont know how to send an attachment on an e-mail. Dont know how to search for files. Don't know how to create folders. *THAT* stupid). I went on the ECDL familiarisation course but havent asked to go on the actual course itself cause i know how to do all the stuff (it seems to be Standard Grade Computing by another name).
Mention your GD posting!

But, fair enough.... lying on a CV could be some hot water right there.

Quote:
WPM wise ... i don't have anything concrete but on one of those computer test i scored like 55wpm. I didn't know if i should trust this / put it down tho.
I wouldn't think so... unless you're trying out for a job in which it could become a major factor {administrative assistant for example... in which case, practice typing, and get that number jacked up}

Quote:

PO3 job description wise ... it averages 3 lines in length (as apposed to 2 lines for the EO). I know it looks a bit long but i cant think of any way to shorten it without rendering the points meaningless. I'll have a think about it.
Showed up on mine alright as well. I still think that one blurb is a little wordy, but apart from that, I do think they are of a decent length. I've seen resumes and done interviews with people who wrote paragraphs instead of the sentences dace has... Aye caramba :|
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 17:44   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Also ... i've got 2 C grades out of 6. One of those was superceded by my SYS result (which makes it the equivalent of a Higher B). Again i think my degree supercedes any higher results i have anyway (but that's just me).
Well lets take the SYS result for instance. Is any employer going to care that you took SYS Chemistry? I just cant see how that would even remotely be a factor in you getting the job, unless the job has something to do with science. Now, is any employer going to care that you got a 'C' in your only SYS? Well, perhaps -it makes you look below average. Hence I would personally just delete the reference to the SYS altogether.

Quote:
Why did you remove all reference to your higher C results?
I didnt get any higher C results, but if I had, I doubt I'd mention them on my CV.

Quote:

Degree wise you might be correct. I've also been told to put down my actual grade.
Personally I would avoid doing this.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 18:12   #11
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As well as being impressed by your CV ( I would hire you in a hot minute if I were an employer with a job to fill), I am impressed with GD for the fact that there have been no smart-assed responses to this point.

Well done, Dace.

Well done, GD.
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 19:56   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
As well as being impressed by your CV ( I would hire you in a hot minute if I were an employer with a job to fill), I am impressed with GD for the fact that there have been no smart-assed responses to this point.

Well done, Dace.

Heh. Thanks. It's a nice confidence boost if nothing else :)
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 21:36   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

Rightio, i've changed the CV a bit. I've cleaned up some of the sentences. I've also put in something about my degree. I'm a little worried that i might have written too much but i can't think of a way to cut it down. Although Yahwe advised me to place the grade of my degree i'm loathe to do so as it's a third and from what i read you don't put negative stuff in your CV. Anyway it's not like i'm applying for Graduate level jobs (if i do i'll prolly put it in). I've also deleted my SYS result.

Additional critiques would be appreciated. Thanks to all those who have commented so far.

Anyways ...
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 21:38   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

>PERSONAL STUFF<

PROFILE:

A team leader within the Civil Service. Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team. Proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating a team to achieve their objectives. Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards. Computer literate.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

Feb 2003 - Date UNITED KINGDOM PASSPORT SERVICE

Jan 2006 - Date Executive Officer Team Leader

Managed an operational examination team of 8 people. Responsibilities:

• Managed team performance to meet agreed targets in relation to quantity, quality, efficiency, customer service, integrity and accuracy in processing passport applications.
• Monitored team production levels on behalf of the manager responsible for Office production.
• Provided technical and other assistance to the team as required.
• Assessed the performance of the examiners under my command.
• Addressed development needs including performing individual coaching to improve performance.
• Handled attendance management for sick, annual and special leave in-line with Office policy and procedure providing the best match between available resource and likely demand.

Jan – Dec 2005 Passport Officer Grade 3

Examined passport applications from first time applicants. Responsibilities, further training and achievements:

• Accurate examination of passport applications, requiring a thorough understanding of complex Government legislation, to establish identity, nationality and immigration status.
• Dealing with members of the public both in person, by written correspondence and over the telephone.

• Successfully completed various training courses, which taught me additional legislation and the UKPS policy and procedure in relation to it. This enabled me to handle cases more complex than those usually dealt with by a PO3.
• Successfully completed “Handling difficult and abusive customers” training course which provided me with the knowledge and the skills to respond positively to challenging customer-orientated situations.

• Chosen to be one of four expert users on my shift pattern when a computer system upgrade was introduced. This role involved reporting faults and advising colleagues of best practice in relation to the new system.
• Chosen to be one of four expert users on my shift pattern when IT facilities were granted to all employees. This role involved advising colleagues how to use Microsoft XP, basic IT trouble-shooting and liaising with the office IT department to solve additional problems.
2003 - 2004 Passport Officer Grade 1

Administrative assistant. Responsibilities:

• General administrative duties (filing, photocopying, faxing).
• Operated microfiche machinery to obtain copies of archived files.
• Processed work, received from a business partner who handles post-opening, and organized it for use by the Office.

EDUCATION:

1998-2002: University of Glasgow, Glasgow
BSc (Hons) Molecular and Cellular Biology

The degree initialled covered a wide variety of biological subjects, in addition to courses covering chemistry and statistics. Subject material gradually specialised onto courses focussing on the study of genes primarily as a means to understanding cellular and physiological mechanisms. Courses were taught via a combination of lectures, labratory work and, in 3rd and 4th year, problem based learning sessions. Achievements:

• Honors project required working in a laboratory with minimal guidance, providing self- motivation when faced with adverse results, maintaining a high level of accuracy in a repetitive environment with particular attention to detail and by using statistical analysis deriving scientifically sound conclusions from the available evidence.
• Developed the ability to assimilate and explain complicated material, often at short notice, to an audience with little or no prior knowledge of the subject.

1992-1998: Dunblane High School, Dunblane
Higher: Geography (A), Biology (B), English (B), Physics (B), Chemistry (C), Mathematics (C)
Scottish Standard Grades: Five 1s and two 2s, including Maths (1) and English (1)

INTERESTS:

Member of the Sports and Social Committee at the UKPS Glasgow Office involved in organizing events.
Keeping fit – football, swimming, gym
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 22:03   #15
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

do it in Word or InDesign (trust me, it's THAT good) and print it as pdf (for word get PDFCreator, InDesign has a pdf export tool), since presentation is very important.

i've emailed you a bunch of pdf files of examples. If someone would be kind to give me some feedback on mine, please feel free: My CV
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 22:35   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

put your damn degree classification on.

it's obvious that you haven't and it looks shifty
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 22:37   #17
Flavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
put your damn degree classification on.

it's obvious that you haven't and it looks shifty
me ?
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 06:59   #18
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

One thing. You need to include more intersts. Sports. Any clubs you've joined. You've mentioned one. Add a few more even if it is a lie.

When I went for an interview they were more interested in what teams and socities I have been, what my extra-ciruccular activities involved etc.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote