User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 29 May 2016, 09:37   #1
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
booji’s future round stats set proposal

I don’t want to commit myself to when they will be used… if ever, my last proposed set did not get very far before being shot down in flames by you lot so don’t be expecting too much.

My suggested stats can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I created these stats due to thinking about criticism of m0’s set;
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
When you got four races and all the teamup options is in FR/DE, dont you think its likely to be a few FR/DE planets?
Im afraid these stats look kind of narrow, and im not sure if this would result in more offensive stats or more def planets/support planets stats.
This had me attempting to think how you could avoid the problem that you only have two teamup options if sticking to four races and 2 pods each. The end result is likely to be that two classes are much better options than the others. My ‘solution’ to this is to have fr/de and cr/bs not target each other so they can team with themselves. This ensures that everything has a potential teamup partner.

Targeting then forces much of the way the stats look. I suspect that with 4 fi co pods there will be many who think that fi co will be completely dominant. If so I’m happy to attempt to moderate them a little more.

The other thing I was aiming for is a set where if you go one pod class having the other pod class is not the best option for defence. So having both pod classes is a conscious decision rather than the obvious. Though I have not totally succeeded in this I hope it leads to more variety in shipbuilds.

Finally it his turned out to be quite a simple set; 7 ships each. Which is a nice bonus, but on the other hand may make doing lots of modifications to suggestions more difficult – particularly changes to targeting. EMP resistance not done yet but I am a traditionalist so Ter will have higher emp res.

Hope you like them!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2016, 18:17   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: booji’s future round stats set proposal

Im not sure why the interaction between FR/DE VS CR is how it is atm.

CR fire down at FR/DE
FR/DE roidingfleets dont fire up at CR

I think limiting urself to 4 races, without ETD, might be a little troublesome.
You might end up with a lot of "prefiring" def ships, like Wyvern, wich normaly would push the stats towards a defensive approach, especialy if it is 4 races instead of 5, wich could suggest that there would be more of Wyvern than if there was a 5 race.

2 pod/3 pod sets are a matter of taste, and ive allready said i dont like 2 pod sets.
Ive considered for trolls, to make a 6 race set, with a 2nd "EMP" race.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2016, 19:18   #3
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the reply BB.
Quote:
I think limiting urself to 4 races, without ETD, might be a little troublesome.
It was however set as a preference by the godfather of the stats mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post
Prefered direction of the set i'm looking for (You are not required to follow these, but you get bonus points if you do):
A set with 4 races (you can pick which one you drop)
Etd is to me the obvious one to drop, it has no particular following, and tends to either be too weak or too strong rather than being well balanced though I don't really know why that is.
Quote:
2 pod/3 pod sets are a matter of taste, and ive allready said i dont like 2 pod sets.
Quote:
2 pod classes / race
Your reason, but I am also personally am in favour of two pod sets.
Quote:
Im not sure why the interaction between FR/DE VS CR is how it is atm.

CR fire down at FR/DE
FR/DE roidingfleets dont fire up at CR
First of all it was my answer to this preference:
Quote:
No more than 2 ships / class / race (excluding pods, sk's and resource ships)
However it certainly does have a rationale. To explain a little further. Because fr and de do not fire at each other it is perfectly possible to effectively team with yourself. As such a Terran may not have any anti cr in his de, but he does have a fr ship firing on cr that can come along for the ride with no particular problems. The same but opposite is the case for xan fr with a de ship. For Terran there are two CR that fire at de, one is emp, and your frigate fires before the other. The cost is that wraiths then fire on your frigate before you. I think this trade off creates nice tactical complexities that are often lacking from stats these days. Moreover if you are going to have a set designed for fr and de to team why not go the whole hog? I don't know if I have the balance of how it should be done right but I personally rather like the concept.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 3 Jun 2016 at 19:45. Reason: when I said strategic I meant tactical
Unread 3 Jun 2016, 23:28   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

There is a reason why im saying that leaving out ETD might cause problems, and its only because of ETD having EMP ships.

The interaction FI vs CO is no issue realy.
While on paper, much like Jintao`s stats r65(?) you are arguing that you "can" solo with these stats, but the main issue imho is that there has to be a lot of "prefireing def ships" if there is only one race with EMP.

Pegasus can stop 3/8 attack fleets(xan/ter/zik FI CO)
Wyvern 1/8
Rogue 1/8
etc etc....

In the past, this would not be that much of an issue, but given that the other features/tag counting stays the same, every tag out there can easily have 10-20 "support planets" in tag, who can send fleets without even logging in.
This does play a big role in the options we got to design stats that is based around being "offensive", atleast with EMP ships you will have to break the EMP to stop a attacking fleet, while with "prefiring" ships it only has to be enough to make the calc red for the attacker if you want to force a recall.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2016, 20:55   #5
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Any news on these for next round?
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2016, 23:22   #6
booji
a bucket

I think these stats are as dead as my last set!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 10 Dec 2016, 00:58   #7
booji
a bucket

I personally think there is an appetite to go back to a five race set for a round but if people want a four race set I'm happy to put these forward again.

Otterly an Otter.