User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jul 2005, 04:31   #1
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Student Loan Account Number

This place seems pretty full with smart intelligent studenty types:

Anyone have any idea how one might find out their 'Student Loan Account Number'
(Not Student Support Number)

Can't find it on any of the paperwork i've got to hand from the SLC/LEA/anyone.
Any help much appreciated - I'm being asked for it so I can apply for my nice shiny loan next year.

Ta.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 04:36   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Student Loan Account Number

I have a reference on Annual Statement which is in the form :

Customer Reference : CRYD#######X

CRYD I'm assuming applies to the LEA where I applied for my loan originally (Croydon). It's on the right, next to the address.

I'd assume the SLC can pull up your record from your National Insurance number so you could just call them.

edit : I applied for my loan 7 years ago (!) so I may be on an old system or such.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 04:41   #3
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Yeah, I have an SLHL########X number (Solihull) but it's listed as my Student Support Number.
Student Account Number is supposed to be 11 digits (and thats all the box allows)

Ta tho, looks like ringy ringy is the way forward.

P.S. The student support direct website is rather shite... and doesn't work for firefox

Edit: Oh, and apparently it's a bit different for people before academic year 1998-99
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 04:42   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i get letters from angry chaps asking me for money and threatening me with £50 fines

i'm not the best person to ask given that my only response to date has been giggling

and why are the chaps always in scotland?
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 04:46   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i take a rather blasé approach to the whole thing

taxes too

i dare say i might end up charged with something but then, i can't imagine anyone putting a chap like me in prison. though it worked for jeffrey and perhaps it would help my writing

it's certainly a wonderful excuse for party invites
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 05:11   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They lost my national insurance number apparently so they can't collect money from me. I don't really understand though, the times they do write to me they have the correct info, but who am I to argue?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 15:37   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Because the student loans company is based in Scotland?

"Why does Dead Meat's hostname always resolve to a US ISP?"
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 16:20   #8
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
"Why does Dead Meat's hostname always resolve to a US ISP?"
BECAUSE HE'S OLD LOL
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 16:32   #9
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i couldnt find my student loan account number, just the student support number. left it off and when i took it in the women said it was fine without it. she probably lied tho, the bitch
Unread 10 Jul 2005, 22:41   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I never give them any numbers. **** 'em. With my NI and address they can goddamn find my details themselves. What am I, the answer man?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 07:25   #11
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMak
This place seems pretty full with smart intelligent studenty types:

Anyone have any idea how one might find out their 'Student Loan Account Number'
(Not Student Support Number)

Can't find it on any of the paperwork i've got to hand from the SLC/LEA/anyone.
Any help much appreciated - I'm being asked for it so I can apply for my nice shiny loan next year.

Ta.
well I often get sent letters telling me about repayments, there is a big column with some big black writing at the top saying

LOAN ACCOUNT NUMBER

above it. if you aren't getting these letters yet, I suggest don't worry.

-----------------------------

stupid thing - When I first got these loans, they were purely government run, but now the government has sold off the loans to various companies. now for some moronic reason, two of my loans have been sold to one company, and two have been sold to another. so whenever I want to defer or do anything, then I have to contact two different companies. the really supid thing is that when they contact me, all their contacting is done via the Student loans company, but because two companies have the loans, the SLC always sends me all the letters in duplicate.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 07:27   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Student Loans Company Limited
100 Boothwell Street
GLASGOW
G2 7JD

Unread 11 Jul 2005, 13:03   #13
Radical Edward

Quote:
answering the question 'why?' with a statement that 'it just is' is always a bad move. your responses will be "because i said so that's why" soon. oh and skiddy had already said they were in scotland. none of it answers 'why'. y
in reply to this rather stupid comment that just appeared in my reputation thingy, the address makes it blindingly obvious why they are always in Scotland: Because the company they work for is in scotland. the phone number is a scottish phone number, the address is a scottish address. what the fcuk were you expecting? torquay? benidorm? the seychelles?

Unread 11 Jul 2005, 17:49   #14
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the question, edward, is thus:

WHY DID THE COMPANY CHOOSE TO LOCATE IN SCOTLAND?

it's a ****ing stupid question, but i would have thought a fairly clear one
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote